It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little piece of beautiful. Moments of clarity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I just had a "moment" in my garden. I was stood out on the patio,and I noticed that it was so peaceful. All I could hear was bird song,and a distant plane. It's so calming when it's like that. I took several good long deep breaths and stood there,with a silly grin on my face probably.

It's the little beautiful things like that,that make life worth living. Don'tchya think?

edited to say,you can keep the internet,I've got a garden!

[edit on 14/3/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I Like to balance my internet with moments like that when I can.
Nothing like a lightbulb moment. stop and smell the roses.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What is this life if, full of care

We have no time to stand and stare..... by William Henry Davies.

The poem goes on about sheep, cows and.... squirrels.

But I didnt want to go there.

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I love moments like those. We've had a lot of snow here recently and we're all moaning and b*tching about shovelling and wet feet. I was standing on my back porch after spending 1/2 hour shovelling out a path to my garage. I was cold wet and in a nasty mood. As I stood there just looking at my yard I realized how quiet it gets when there's a lot of snow on the ground...like it insulates and acts as a sound barrier almost. I couldn't hear the traffic that I usually hear and there weren't a lot of people out due to the bad weather. The snow was so pretty...all sparkly and clean. It was after 9pm, when it's usually pitch black out but the reflection from the snow made it so bright out.

I just loved it....for about 10 minutes anyhow then I had to go shovel the front walk

Michelle

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I thoroughly enjoy my drive into work and find it quite relaxing. One particular
stretch of road I drive feels like I'm far off in the country.
We had a heavy snowfall recently and everything was blanketed, from
the tree limbs down to the telephone wires. It was so amazing I
caught myself saying "oh my gosh this is beautiful" outloud.

It's just as beautiful at the change of every season.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Snow gets me too. It makes everything so clean. Certainly a big contrast to the concrete and tarmac we're usually feasting our eyes on. We've not had any snow this year,mother nature has ripped me off and I wants a refund!!
(I'll hope for a late fall,but I'm not holding my breath)

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Couldn't agree with this thread more if I tried.
Yes it is the Ahhhh moments of no mind just being, that help me feel my feet firmly planted in the ground and remind me of the connectivity in all.

One word... Yes

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I stood out on my half finished deck this afternoon and about 200 geese flew over, it seemed so close that a person could have reached up and grabbed them. Winter is almost over for us here.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I had one of those momemts at work. I was in my tower talking to the Supt on the phone when a large red tail hawk hovered outside the window; for some brief seconds I was looking at this majestic bird eye to eye. All I could say was oh my God over and over. The supt was getting a little worried at least til I explained to him what was actually happening. Note to self when working a tower at the pen never repeat Oh my God over and over when talking to the supt. But for those brief seconds it was like looking into the face of God. I'll never forget it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I had a moment like that on the way home from work, I was on the train looking down some hot girls top, she smelled like french vanilla and I have very dark sunnies!

Arrrhhhh life is sweet.

MonKey

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I love moments like that, love to hear the birds sing in the morning or a distant rooster crowing.... the fresh smell in the air after a spring rain. Moments that make you sigh and smile because you're relaxed and at peace with your surroundings.

It's nice to see a happy post like your's

[edit on 3/18/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I too love those transcendental moments...

Like when I'm kissing an absolute stranger goodnite, leaning up against her Mercedes, in the parking lot of some funky bar in the East Mountains and the Moon glints so pretty off her chrome bumper.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

join