It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would a war with China be fought?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

And china would nuke the USA in return. but thats ok cause they don`t have that many so you would be ok and not get hit , but the west coast wouldn`t be a nice pace to live.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
well a war with china would be pointless heartless and disaterious for the hole world would be dragged into it also, and would probley end/start somewhere around 2012 if this was the case lol joke dont worry,

i dont think america would go to war with any nuclear power/nation untill it's stratigic deffence systems "THE STARWARS THING" are up in space and its 100% working, as you will need to counter thos nukes coming inbound, to say a country would not use them in deffence is just silly, of course thay will, so let's just say it does happen one day, it would be over in minites/hours or shortly after the losing nation begins to take a serious battering from intence airstikes from hundreds of UCAV's with heavy payloads very fast & stealthy lol

there will be no deployment of troop's in a war now day and age of 2 super powers going toe 2 toe, thos type of wars ended when ww2 ended with america dropping the atom bomb, the reason we deploy aircraft carriers & troop & tanks to iraq & afghanistan now is because we are fighting a enemy that is about as advanced as the enemy in ww2 when a enemy has nukes and will use them to deffend herself its an all together diffrent war your tactic will be to shoot down the nukes and then nuke them i can't see troop going in to a radioactive waste land or the need to bomb anything els if left standing...

IF NO NUKES WAS USED!!!
i think america's airforce will be pioletless UCAV's with in the next 10-15yrs or atleast the first wave of aircraft taking out sam/missle site's & radar then the high flying fast jets like arora & blackswift will hit millitary structures & infrastructures stealth tanks and soilders would be deployed by air as the chinese have a very big & advanced navel fleets, there would be a huge sea battle 10x times the size of midway that would be just insane, i dont think the chinese are as quite as advanced in the department as the U.S but it wont be a walk in the park as most people have said on here, your airpower will play a wild card in support tho for sure,

i think it will just come down to who can produce the most ship & tanks as the second world war, the germans was 10+ years more advanced than the allies the german tanks was a hole league above enything the allies had, but was hugely out numberd same as there aircraft, but the brits bombed them silly by night and the americans by day leaving them without factorys to mass produce there more advance millitary hardware!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
them iran would block the straits and the US oil supplies within a month or 2 dries up; you do not open a 2 front war , look at hitler and napoleon, and look at bush with the 2 front war in iraq and afghanistan - they are lose-lose situations.

Hmmm the US produces about 35% of its own oil and gets another 20% from Canada and Mexico. Persian gulf countries account for about 11% of US consumption (The figures are for 2005)
rpc.senate.gov...

So while it would put a crimp, that would be effected in places like Japan and Europe far more than the US. Now the price per barrel of crude would skyrocked to the 200-300 range and cripple everybodies economy, but in a shooting war with China and Iran, what can you do.

You are also forgetting about the stretgic petroleum reserve.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Assuming no nukes which Im having a hard time with here are some hard realities.

Unless provoked Japan and Korea would not allow the US to stage aircraft etc from thier bases there. If its the US versus China I would expect that taiwan would go to max alert but sit tight and try to stay out of it.

There in any scenario is anyway the US could actually invade the Chinese mainland. We do not have the ambhibious capacity, and the Chicom army is huge and I would expect a large amount of civilian resistance as well. For that reason any shooting war would be similar to Kosovo where strategic targets would be hit.

It may be possible to use Diego Garcia.

It would be carrier task groups and long range bombers using stand off missiles. I know we hear endlessly about the counters, invincible weapons and tactics that the PLAAF and PLAN are going to use to sink every carrier the US has
but a US carrier task force was designed to go up in the Berrings and play games with the Soviets at the height of thier power and both have new tricks and gear.

maritime blockade would be placed into effect with US subs covering the costline. The PLAN would have short but exciting life if it sorties out to sea.

Guam would have to be defended at all costs. Unless we have a Chicom Pearl harbor, the Aegis system has shown a high degree of reliability in intercepts, and the PAC-3 is already in place. Also, the US has and owns numerous islands across the Pacific and many could be used in times of need.

The biggest target the world has ever seen: The Three Gorges Dam is IMHO a huge liability for China. The large amount of water it holds back would cause a huge destruction of airable land in the even to failure or its destruction. B-2 staged out of Whitman may be able to hit and do enough damage to the dam to cause its failure. I have discussed this with my dad who is a civil engineer and has some dam experience thinks that this is possible even given the size. Attacking both the spillways and the dam on both sides with bunker busters in succession could cause catastrophic failure.

If China was smart, I would leave Taiwan alone and since the hold the strings on old Crazy Kim, I would send him into Korea. In that scenario:

Conflict in South Korea, Straits of Hormuz closed, shooting war with China, The US would be stretched thin and would have to give somewhere.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
IMHO

i think the best way would be to EMP-BOMB there power plants leaving them without comuncation or power to get there war machines into action, anything electrical linked to that is now dead and usless,

while in darkness and a huge state of panic trying to give out commands, stike with a huge UCAV force including taking out the dam and command posts hit majoy factorys and there production lines, the country will now be on its knee's i dont think the chinese would have or be able to cope with mach 6-9 stealth bombers while a huge task force and navel fleets barracade up there supply lines and repatedly bomb the country into submition, "check mate" its then up to them if thay want to take a nuke strike! on the chin, while knowing there enemy has a good deffence of her own to deal with there's,

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

so could you explain everytime a us bound oil tanker even has a hint of danger oil prices jump $10 a barrel then

the oil reserves are down alot , theres a post about that on the forum as well , whilst the supply is diverse , its the type of crude from the ME which is important.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

hit that dam with conventional weapons and the US gets nuked in reply.

and tactical weapons are ones used in Germany

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If you invade China, who will you meet.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
We've pretty much ruled out the possiblility of a ground incursion into China. Another plan of attack for the US would be to take out the coastal SAM sites, gain air superiority and just bomb China into submission. Granted this would take a long time, but considering Diego Garcia and the CBG's, I think its a feasible plan. I think we would have Taiwan to count on also because if we go to war with China its 90% likely that it will be over Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gs001

quick lession for you!!

controll the skys, controll the battlefeild, that amount tanks will only help if china was fighting russia across huge land masses theres a huge ocean to cross first

thos tanks look very vunrable while thay are sitting ducks in huge millitary store shed's two,

not only that there old and are no where near as good as the M1A2 Abrams i here a few tanks are actully invisible now, now that could be a pain in the backside when it comes down to judging how many tanks are in a convoy, you just wouldnt know where to concertrait your main assult force would you,

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
We've pretty much ruled out the possiblility of a ground incursion into China. Another plan of attack for the US would be to take out the coastal SAM sites, gain air superiority and just bomb China into submission. Granted this would take a long time, but considering Diego Garcia and the CBG's, I think its a feasible plan. I think we would have Taiwan to count on also because if we go to war with China its 90% likely that it will be over Taiwan.

I don't think United States has that capability of taking out China on land single handedly
US needs only ONE country to counter China, it knows this point very well. China simply going ahead by cementing the ties more stronger with that nation
That country is Russia!! United States and Russia can effectively neutralize China without using any nuclear weapons. Say example a series of Thermobaric Explosions on China will blind it down and does make a huge impact on its confidence. And, Russian Special Forces aka Spetsnaz function better than the over hyped American counterparts, thanks for Hollywood
Bottom line this alliance is must against China, but I don't think Russia would go in waging a war against its own neighbor. But who know

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
firstly, your military base around China will be sweep out by
Chinese missiles, how will you have your power projection?
secondly, don't underestimate Chinese air defence system.
thirdly, that must be an Asymmetric War, something out of your
anticipation will happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
lol

why do you think america would need russia,

if china was bombed and blockaded for more than a month it would fall apart from the inside out, the only advantage china's millitary machine has ATM is its size, that machine requires lots of resourse's and thats it's biggest weakness, sinse it does not produce its own weapons or have the blueprints for weapon imported! so unless your developing you own technology that is more advanced than your enemys and you can produce them faster than you are losing them along with your factorys how on earth could you expect to continue fighting after a few years of the same goings on?

im not saying its not making its own weapons but just not enuff, its really buying all its tanks and helicopters of russians and i think in one of thos pics is a u.s army "huey" from the 60s these all require parts and are old tech, i see no war winning advantages or advances in technology, nore do i think china would be able to get though the pacific with its navy & landing troops, and as for air power america has spent trillions on that! and i really cannot see the chinese touching the USAF in that deppartment or enywhere near to close...

its best chance is to deffend itself untill america runs out of cash or calls a truce, it will have no chance taking the war to america and attempting a landing imho, plus i think the europians will help out there allies way before russia's do, and thats a far more advanced and bigger millitary problem by a country mile

[edit on 14-3-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
firstly, your military base around China will be sweep out by
Chinese missiles, how will you have your power projection?
secondly, don't underestimate Chinese air defence system.
thirdly, that must be an Asymmetric War, something out of your
anticipation will happen.

Well, what makes you to you think that I don't about Chinese missile systems
Don't forget the evolution of many such Chinese Missile programmes are linked with the Soviets/Russians. And, Russians do know such threats very well, no wonder they can penetrate into any missile defense shield on this planet

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sukhoi50

U.S. defense analysts now consider the Chinese air defense network to be the most dangerous system in the world. The Chinese system is considered more dangerous than the formidable Russian system.

Keep Dreaming my dear.....

It is the opinion of analysts of USA,
and after all only war can proof.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
them iran would block the straits and the US oil supplies within a month or 2 dries up;

They US does not get all that much oil from the ME and since Iran will still require the funds to prosecute such a war the US will just buy it's oil elsewhere while Iran sells to whoever formerly got the oil the US is now taking. The SR could easily make up the difference for as long as it takes the US to sail it's ships up and down the straits clearing mines by ramming them ( as they have no mineclearing forces worth mentioning). I am pretty confident Iran will sit it out unless Russia does in fact overtly support the Chinese...

you do not open a 2 front war , look at hitler and napoleon, and look at bush with the 2 front war in iraq and afghanistan - they are lose-lose situations.

You do open two front wars if you can't 'close' the first front but can prevent the enemy from affecting the strategic balance any time soon as was the case for Britain. Both Hitler and Napoleon had the right idea to knock, and the means to do so, out their primary enemies at the soonest possible time and the fact that both failed hardly proves that two or three front wars are best avoided ( as if you get always have a choice) or that Russians are somehow invulnerable!

So there...

Stellar

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

U.S. defense analysts now consider the Chinese air defense network to be the most dangerous system in the world. The Chinese system is considered more dangerous than the formidable Russian system.

[/quote

there no good if you cant see them coming are thay tho? is it not a radar based system? that has just been upgraded from the one you brourt of the russians?

this just mean's its conciderd the best in the world and for good reason's it does not state how ever its indestuctable does it, The USAF has been building aircraft to evade such systems for years now lol

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

[/quote

there no good if you cant see them coming are thay tho? is it not a radar based system? that has just been upgraded from the one you brourt of the russians?

this just mean's its conciderd the best in the world and for good reason's it does not state how ever its indestuctable does it, The USAF has been building aircraft to evade such systems for years now lol

why not try?
we are waiting

[edit on 14-3-2008 by gs001]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join