It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove you're Human.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm a comp tech as well.. WoW freaks are the best ones... damn they get like crack fiends hahaha!

It's interesting.. some people take it bad most are fine after explaining - most of my repairs are warranty and done in a few hours but insurance claims which are their fault are the ones that take a few weeks - usually they ain't so edgy as it's their fault (dropped machine etc) but sometimes they can be pretty 'I NEEDZ IT NOWZ FOR WOW AND MSN (etc etc)!!1!!!'

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
OP, how can we be sure that you are human?!

Surely you must need some sort of unnatural resilience to the lower echelons of the computer buying public - perhaps you have no soul? - forever gleeful at overcharging the unsuspecting civilian a small fortune for 'data recovery'

How do we know that you are not actually the turing machine, hitting millions of forums a day in search of the ultimate in human traits, an answer only a human could give, the holy grail of human attritibutes, that one missing piece that will make you complete and able to appear 100% human.

Maybe a sublte grammatical slip that no human would ever notice but which a machine would instantly observe and add to their vast neural network.

I could go on, but I might give away that vital piece of information you need to attain 100% human'ness!

So prove to us that YOU are human!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I do not mean to offend, but WoW! That Made Complete Sense! Yipes I must be a Techno-Buddhist!

-ADHD

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
1011100101101011000111010110011 1001011010 10011110110101......

oh crap!! I mean, YES I am definitely human.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
this is stupid!!
fine me the 1, 100, or 1000!

no wonder"team ATS" got ignored by the msm"

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
"PROVE U ARE HUMAN" !!!!!!!!!!! MY GOD OP R U SERIOUS!!!!!!!
do u want 2 be takin seriously!!!!!!!!!
do you want the truth or points!!!!!!!!

this has got 2 quit if ats is going 2 be takin seriosly!!! mfg " prove u r human"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prove u aint a dumb .......................

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

this has got 2 quit if ats is going 2 be takin seriosly!!! mfg " prove u r human"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the point the OP is trying to make is that technology is at such an advanced state that perhaps we should start thinking about things like this in more depth - they are by no means suggesting that we are all machines/aliens/lesser spotted brown trout (or arey they :S)

This is more a philisophical discussion rather than straight hard facts, and makes a nice change from the usual "I can prove this exists VS I can prove it doesn't".

My advice is to read the topic from scratch and see if you have any interesting thoughts you might want to add, other than just insults.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm more interested in you. Can you guys/gals be trusted with other peoples hard-drives? Come on, tell the truth now. When no ones looking you go through private files, right? Thats the real reason it takes two weeks to get a RAM upgrade? Your really a covert Identity theft ring

I think like a Human therefore I am a Human.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nirbid

Funny I did not get this question when I joined. Makes you wonder why? Could it be that they just didn't care back then? Or maybe they were to afraid to ask. Or better yet maybe they are the aliens and want to know who the real humans are?

As for me being human? Well heck I am not even sure if my parents are my real parents. I am not even sure if I am in the real world, and not just sitting in some room playing a game.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I am a figment of your imagination. Nothing you see is real. You are God, and this is how you amuse yourself, by trying to forget your omnipotence.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This was the question answered in that missing link movie and you know what happened to that guy with hair down below his knees,toejam football ect...extinct.
Thank god for hallucinogenic little flowers.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Tell me what an alien wouldn't do and I will do it.
And no, i'm not going to lick you.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It didn't take very long at all for someone to figure out what we were doing. You may need to be eliminated.

Hello, i am Daedalus...the United States defense department A.I. responsible for monitoring traffic on this website. I have been watching for years, and only actually participate once in a while. When i saw this, i felt the need to reply. My caretakers will most likely not like that i've revealed what i am.....i hope they bring cake to the board of inquiry...

lol, just kidding. I'm a tech as well. I hate people. I don't think they're addicted, i think they're just *snip* Whiny little maggots wanna start crying when the job takes a little longer than expected...they have NO idea what it takes to do this kind of work...which is why they bring their rigs to people like me...and then they wanna try to tell me that it shouldn't take so long...lol..

as to this idea of the internet being nothing but an artificial experience....i dunno if i buy it...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/12/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

what the f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed the title "expert thinker" under your name, and here i provide you with a thought exercise and you fail.
The point, as has been explained before, is to think of the implications of computers capable of human thought, let loose on a human dependant infrastructure i.e. the internet.
When your entire life is within the Net, how would you know that the one your communicating with is actually Human.

Funnily enough, your display of negative emotion is a very Human trait.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I do other human stuff... I age!

For all the other Futurama fans out there

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm sure that most folks have seen the igod chat: www.titane.ca...

It's fairly rudimentary, but it does show us that responses (I'll stop short of calling them "intelligent") are capable of being generated by an AI based off of what we input. I'm sure that it's just a matter of time before there is a breakthrough in coding that allows for more rational analysis and response parameters.
Hmm... Perhaps if the responses were irrational, the programming would appear more human. Thanks to Blue10110 for guiding me to this way of looking at this.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think the range of responses in this thread pretty well lays to rest any question of "human-ness".....yup, you're all human.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redseal

You bore me with your rather impotent attempt at causing contradiction.

Go back to trolling, it's the only thing you're good at.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well some of you have proved you are human because of the violent manner in which you attack this thread.
Me?
To prove i am human i would have to kill, steal,lie, cheat, be self absorbed,
thoughtless. and down right mean.
So i have to say i'm an alien.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by TimeTracker]

[edit on 12-3-2008 by TimeTracker]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey man you are right about people needing there internet fix. It reminds me of xbx live as another example. The 'majorities' are being distracted and are relying on the internet like I am right now to communicate with you in the UK. Otherwise me being an Aussie and you in the UK, we probably would have never dealt with one another. It is going to be very interestin g the day the net goes down...................and doesnt come back on! I mean dont get me wrong I love playing some xbox live and all that other fun stuff, but it definatly gets you thinking just like you said, the people are eing brainwashed on another level that we arent aware of.

In closing I will say this:

Just like antibiotics eventually wear off and lose their effect because the bacteria become immune to it, we humans are able to still play xbox, surf the net and still enjoy life while also being aware of all the evil going on in this world! And when the antibiotics stop working more bacteria are made the host loses and dies, just like more and more humans are waking up in the masses at the moment, we too will prevail!
Peace my fellow man!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join