It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo seen during endeavour live tv broadcast!!happening right now

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I waited ALL DAY to get home and see this , as of my last reading last night, the search for video was still on... after looking at the video I conclude that it is indeed a helicopter... and the clock is messed up too!...
No seriously , It's too vague for me to see in detail and I can't Identify it and It looks to be flying so It is Indeed a UFO... The Sketchy part would be the feed cut. You will now recieve your star and Flag. Great Find!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
[edit on 12-3-2008 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I don't think the luminescence of the object is really telling: the shuttle is on the day side of the planet (sun behind camera), and the object is cascading, point over point. Given the nature of it's rotation, and the angle of the sun, the drops and gains in luminescence nicely match up with it's rotation. Meaning it's reflected light, which alters as the surface reflecting the light rotates. The less surface area facing us, the less light reflected back to us.

I started reading this thread because I thought that the item was obvious and "huge". This is neither.

Here's my point of view: when I go looking for ufo videos, I look for something compelling, something obvious, and something not easily explainable. Like the Mexican air force video. I'm looking for something that I can take to someone who doesn't believe in UFO's, that they can't easily explain with perhaps the goal of maybe even "converting" them. But the only thing showing them this video would do, would be to invite further ridicule to the notion that UFOs are real, when this is so clearly falling debris.

Until I see the "huge" craft they were referring to, I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that there's nothing here. I yearn for the days when NASA footage was crawling with objects impossible to explain. I hate you 9minute delay.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by terarist
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I don't think the luminescence of the object is really telling: the shuttle is on the day side of the planet (sun behind camera), and the object is cascading, point over point. Given the nature of it's rotation, and the angle of the sun, the drops and gains in luminescence nicely match up with it's rotation. Meaning it's reflected light, which alters as the surface reflecting the light rotates. The less surface area facing us, the less light reflected back to us.

I can't see how it could possibly be rotating point over point as it would not be able to maintain it's same length at the quarter turn (unless it was round). Secondly if it was spining - or rolling towards us - there should be a period of no reflected light at some points. I couldn't find any which suggests either it is not reflected light or it is not spinning.

Lastly the way the fading of the pixels as it spreads over two rows backs up that it is simply an artifact of the pixellation as the object crosses the horizontal lines and light intensity is shared between two rows of pixels. I am sure someone more mathematically inclined than myself could work out a ratio between the pixel height and the object via the rate at pixel lines are crossed and the vertical pixellation of the object.

All of that aside, I do agree with you and regardless of whether we can show it is junk or a UFO, it is not telling of itself. I do find the subsequent static and then the cut to mission control with static on the right most screen there quite telling. It seems likely to me that they were viewing the same camera at the same time and maybe cut the camera, or a fault developed with it.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cooljayman

Way to go, cooljayman, for being alert and catching something
while so many didn't. And generating enthusiasm with your conviction
of what you saw!

I was reading from the beginning, and waited to talk, so i would not get
'slapped'!

Hope you get to see the "zoom in, and back out" part, from the actual
footage from the astronauts, though... that's what i'm real interested in
now.

This is definitely the site to bring any future sightings to, ehh?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
I can't see how it could possibly be rotating point over point as it would not be able to maintain it's same length at the quarter turn (unless it was round). Secondly if it was spining - or rolling towards us - there should be a period of no reflected light at some points. I couldn't find any which suggests either it is not reflected light or it is not spinning.

Lastly the way the fading of the pixels as it spreads over two rows backs up that it is simply an artifact of the pixellation as the object crosses the horizontal lines and light intensity is shared between two rows of pixels. I am sure someone more mathematically inclined than myself could work out a ratio between the pixel height and the object via the rate at pixel lines are crossed and the vertical pixellation of the object.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Shere Khaan]

Remember that the object is cascading in 3 dimensional space, and on all 3 axes. As such, the pixel ratio wouldn't be telling (think of a straw in a glass, twirling inside, and then think of the glass itself falling). As for the idea that there should be no reflected light at some points for a rotating object, completely the opposite. The only way there would be no reflected light, was if the object wasn't there, or a portion of the surface absorbed all light, (a matte black). As long as there is visible surface, it will always reflect light, regardless of its point in space. (I'm not a math geek, but a small science one)

Regardless, the object performs no actions that could NOT be easily explained as debris. Now if it changed course, speed, or stopped rotating, or some other anomalous behaviour, then it's a totally different story. Check out the infrared NASA footage from the 90's on youtube for what I'm talking about.

Now THAT's some anomalous behaviour. Multiple objects convening to a general area, with multiple drops in speed, including one object that takes geostationary orbit over one specific spot after a short deceleration.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthOne

I've also seen video of astronauts looking at these worm-like objects closely. Complete with radio transmissions of the descriptions they send to mission control. (I just browsed youtube and found the video. here it is..) This was the same object that the astronaut later looked at more closely later on. The interesting thing is that the SAME THING happened here as they are talking about with the STS-123 UFO. The object comes onto the screen and the live feed turns off and switches to the control center (almost as if it was some type of protocol used by NASA when these situations arise)..

I believe this next video is the same encounter when the astronauts are sending back descriptions back to ground control..

These wormy objects seem to occur with relative frequency and there are at least 3 or 4 videos made by NASA that I know of (probably more). There was one video of one of these worm-like objects shot with the ISS in the foreground. It might be possible to use the ISS as a measuring stick for triangulating the objects relative speed and trajectory but I'm not sure. (I also found this video and posted it below)..

There are also videos shot from the ground of UFO's shaped exactly like these objects with similar size and movement. These "worms" are videotaped every once in a while but there are a few. This is one example.

The fact that a worm-like object would be able to fly at all is proof of something odd going on (obviously). Obviously not ice or space junk yet it is extremely similar to the other videos shot by NASA.

-ChriS

[edit on 12-3-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Thank you free_sprit...a bright blue star for you....wish i could give you more!

Many of us here have been searching for many hours for this vid, while checking in here every time someone posted about the dam helo.(SLAAPP) It was very distracting and im sure for the OP, very frustraiting.

I wont even venture to guess what that is, as I dont have the knowledge
to prove any claim that I might make. But it is very interesting. And I am sure many here do have the knowledge to define it.

Hello and welcome, to all the new members. This thread should be a great
example of why its so important to Read the whole thread before posting to it.........Did I say...... wait for it...... (SLAAPP)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Wow,

That was a big one and yes that instant cut away from the shuttle camera is suspect to be

sure. This I think is very exciting and promising. These "aliens" or whatever they are

seem to be popping up more and more which is simply a trend that cannot be ignored. I

am very excited about the increased frequency of contact made and I am certain that we

are all about to enter a new phase of understanding and relationship with our mysterious

visitors!!!!!!!

[edit on 13-3-2008 by CyberTruth]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Thanks for interesting videos.Its not easy to keep up here cause its going in too many different directions.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Watching nasa channel livefeed its 10;00 pst there on dark side of the earth and when they show the shuttle its snow and lines they don't want you to see anything clearly in the dark There showing inside the shuttle its clear when they get back to the sun side it will be a clear picture .But if something is flying in the back ground on the dark side they have snow and lines you can still see them it makes no since. Sometimes there a little slow at the button and yew'll get to see clear night shot for a while and then they wake up and snow and lines come on. happens all the time

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Would def be interested in seeing the high res version.

What are the odds of that being posted?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

The fact that a worm-like object would be able to fly at all is proof of something odd going on (obviously). Obviously not ice or space junk yet it is extremely similar to the other videos shot by NASA.

-ChriS

[edit on 12-3-2008 by BlasteR]

Oh dude..Your astronomy knowledge is not so bright huh...These "worms" are only space junks, and they prove nothing. In space there are billions of junks flying all around. And you are saying: "obvoiusly not space junk or ice"..Oh really? Have you been there?

In this new video, I cant see why it is so exciting. It is obviously some boring, "worm like" thing again. It is not flashing, only reflecting the sun light. Only suspicious thing is the cuting off the stream by NASA. But I have an explanation for this: CIA uses NASA, and they both try to make people busy with meaningless things, and so the people will be away of real political issues of this world. In other words, the cuting off the stream is staged in order to make you busy

[edit on 13-3-2008 by commodore64]

[edit on 13-3-2008 by commodore64]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Being of sound mind and body and being well into my 50's, I maintain a pretty realistic mindset about life and living. I carefully limit my time interacting with kooks and fanatics to 5 minutes or so, with no exceptions.
But more and more as time goes by, compelling evidence seems to be accumulating that beings not of planet earth are nearby, have been for many years - and may be more willing than ever to reveal themselves.
Pondering the implications, naturally, is nothing short of staggering - not to mention unsettling and downright spooky.
Introductions would be tense, at best.
With governments, (ours mainly), being the dangerous and powerful entities that they are, I can imagine a genuine pandemic from an unknown microrganism that quickly threatens every human on earth, killing millions within weeks, with no prevention in sight, when suddenly the aliens show up with a sure-fire cure that stops it in it's tracks.
Wouldn't a frantic population be more receptive, having witnessed a clear demonstration of genuine aid on such a massive scale about such a grave matter?
Is this faded memories of a bad sci-fi episode or movie, rantings of a lunatic that doesn't know it - or is it something to consider and prepare for?
(If it helps to validate your existence or position by posting pithy retorts or mindless insults, remember what I said about the kooks and fanatics.)
I hold in even less esteem those seeking petty self-aggrandizement.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by terarist
reply to post by icblue

Just a word:

I really hate to be the resident skeptic, especially as a newbie, but having seen this video, it's consistent with debris. The trajectory of the object, it's point over point rotation, and it's lack of deviation in course seems to suggest an inanimate object.

While it may appear to be moving away from the earth, please remember that there are several forces at work here: you have, of course the force of gravity from the earth, but also the inertia of the space shuttle as it hurtles around the earth in orbit. Any debris leaving the shuttle would have a decaying orbit as the force of gravity acted on it's mass to erode the inertia it inherited from the Shuttle. Thus the illusion of it's movement into space, when in reality it's simply falling slowly out of the Shuttle's orbital plane.

Without a clearer view or some deviation of course, this is debris.

Either you missed my point, or I didn't make myself clear enough, it can be debris yes, but not stemming from the shuttle from that orbital round.
It may be frozen pee from the ISS what do I know, but from what I see on that footage and the given vectors it can't be debris from the shuttle.
I never said it was a space ship with aliens inside for that matter either.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExpertTexpert
With governments, (ours mainly), being the dangerous and powerful entities that they are, I can imagine a genuine pandemic from an unknown microrganism that quickly threatens every human on earth, killing millions within weeks, with no prevention in sight, when suddenly the aliens show up with a sure-fire cure that stops it in it's tracks.
Wouldn't a frantic population be more receptive, having witnessed a clear demonstration of genuine aid on such a massive scale about such a grave matter?

Nice scenario you've put there, but there can be a twist to it that you don't seem to be aware of. You will recognize it the moment you read the following...

What you've just described is a perfect scenario for something commonly known as "false flag operation". If humans can use those, why couldn't some other race as well?

I just thought you'd like to analyze that possibility as well. There are so many implications. And if they have so much more advanced technology than humans do, why haven't they done it already? Because they don't want to? Because they can't? Because they are not allowed to do? Because they are waiting for something? How many races are out there anyway? And how many are coming this way? And... why?

What was that supposedly translated message from a crop circle...?

Ah, here it is...
"Beware the bearers of false gifts and their broken promises." (www.psytrancetv.org...)

Fake or genuine, it doesn't really matter. It's still a good advice.

Ahhh... So many questions, so little answers...

Since all this is not the subject of this thread, I will not go into it any further, but stay tuned for the next episode. Coming to a (real-life) theater near you... this year?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

couldn't it be just a satellite

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

The video (to me) seems to be consistant with debris or a far away man made object. But thing I cant get my head around is why NASA cut the feed immediately and is so silent about all this at the moment. That being said, just because the footage is consistant with debris, doesn't necessarily mean it IS debris.

P.S.>Has anyone considered contacting NASA about this just to get their "official explanation"?

[edit on 13-3-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

But more and more as time goes by, compelling evidence seems to be accumulating that beings not of planet earth are nearby, have been for many years - and may be more willing than ever to reveal themselves.
Pondering the implications, naturally, is nothing short of staggering - not to mention unsettling and downright spooky.

what 'evidence" are you refering to?

debris videos floated by our visionary members as alien ships?
or just the sheer number of people who post in ATS in favor of any video or theory posted?

The lack of evidential standard here just blows me away.

Every time I get an ATS summary via email and it mentions a new UFO I RUSH to the site only to be dissapointed by yet another grainy video depicting debris looking like a "ufo".

I could post a close up picture of my left testical and say it was a picture of an Alien I met last tuesday at a swap meet and there would be 25 people posting within minutes that they:

1. Believe me
2. Have met one who looked just like mine

I have seem some very strange videos that leave me unable to come up with anything but "UFO" but this certainly isn't one of them

So how is this video "compelling " evidence?
Why do so many of you dismiss the most obvious answer without even considering it? I certainly initially think "UFO" each time I hear about a new video (cause I want it to be a UFO), but after closer looks I usually come to a logical conclusion that it is debris floating, meteors, or something otherwise explainable and logical.

Some of you just can't let go.

I think the original posters excitable first post got you all in a panty twist and you were off to the races regardless of what logic tells you. This looks like debris, plain and simple. I can't state that as fact, but I certainly see a fair share of you starting as fact that it is a UFO. The feed cut is odd, but seriously there is nothing new in this video that isn't seen in a hundred more. In almost every video release (live or otherwise) you'll see things zipping by, rotating by, tumbling.. whatever.

Again, the lack of a standard of evidence is staggering here on ATS.
We've got guys pretending to be trajectory, light, spin, meterial, debris and volume experts on here that probably couldn't fix a blinking light on their VCR.

People substitute "rotating object reflecting light" for "pulsing" on a daily basis here.

Then you go on to say (about aliens) that they are now "more than willing to reveal" themselves?

Really now?
They are revealing themselves in grainy videos that look a heck of a lot like debris?

Why is it that there are no scientists on this forum and no one who definitively says " there are 100 million floating debris objects in space" and at any one time there can and will be junk floating by the view of cameras on the shuttle or the ISS?

I WANT TO SEE A REAL ALIEN SHIP, THAT WOULD BE COOL!!
I AM ONLY A SKEPTIC BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU AND WHAT YOU CLAIM TO BE PROOF.

I would LOVE to see a big flashy multicolored pulsating UFO come into view of one of our cameras up there, heck I'd welcome it down here, but you guys stretch so far it snaps me back to reality.

(If it helps to validate your existence or position by posting pithy retorts or mindless insults, remember what I said about the kooks and fanatics.)
I hold in even less esteem those seeking petty self-aggrandizement.

I think you mean,... let me disarm anyone who dares challenge me.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hımmm....

This is all over the mainstream Turkish news now, looks like NASA confirms an UFO during launch......

Disclosure here I come slowly...I say

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join