It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo seen during endeavour live tv broadcast!!happening right now

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Here it is the video sequence for you. I managed to capture the footage
and uploaded the sequence along with original audio. I choose Google
but I must say I'm quite disappointed with the final result by Google.
I captured and compressed the footage on DivX-5 and the audio on
MPEG-2 Layer3. Google Video recompressed the video to flash flv format
resulting in a degradation of quality and resolution as well as reduced
the video size. Sorry but that's the best I could do. That's why I hate
those Internet video websites.

In any case the video is good as reference to that incident on Day 1
that has been discussed here. I also made a zoomed version of the
video sequence to see more detail. Too bad those small lights around
this luminous object can't be seen due to the quality lost.

These are the links.

video.google.es...

video.google.es...

Excellent job!

The quality loss is a bummer however, we cant tell ifs its a blocky pixelated pixel, or a pixelated blocky pixel.

Thank you for providing the video!

Excellent!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

but I must say I'm quite dissapointed with the final result by Google.

These are the links.

video.google.es...

video.google.es...

Guys it's a helicopter!

Seriously though, I don't find anything remarkable about the object - but the way they suddenly cut the transmission to static was definitely highly dubious. Whenever I watched the live feed it would often cut to something else but never static.

Also, I can't tell if this matters or not - but for anyone trying to analyze the trajectory and totally fixated on the object, might want to note the shuttle is traveling tail-first (i.e. towards the direction the camera is pointing).

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOne

Free_Spirit, thank you for the videos, even if google did compresss the crap out of them. It is the same sequence that I saw except when I was watching the sighting on television, the camera operator noticed the object and zoomed in on it, then zoomed back out after about 5-10 seconds, plus, when i sighted the main object, there was another smaller object on the right side of it, but i couldnt make it out on the videos. None the less, good work for posting, I just wish someone had a recording off Tivo or something with the exact same sequence as I saw it, (with the great nasa camera zoomed in)

[edit on 12-3-2008 by EarthOne]

I agree with EarthOne, the way he describes it is what I saw.. much larger because of the zoom.. My earlier post is much similar.. and yes there was the secondary object...
But at the same time, this is very similar, great job in finding it. Good work!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Looks like you were right.

Good catch.

can anyone slow down the time, look at the seconds on the clock.. no way to say if it was flying weird or if it's a known object, heli or something, if the video is going fast.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I watched both Google videos and I seen the tiny object moving to the right of my monitor.
Is this the ufo?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by David2012

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Looks like you were right.

Good catch.

can anyone slow down the time, look at the seconds on the clock.. no way to say if it was flying weird or if it's a known object, heli or something, if the video is going fast.

Sorry - we can't do that as we're too busy using our time to actually READ this thread. Thanks for pointing out the clock thing tho

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Also, I can't tell if this matters or not - but for anyone trying to analyze the trajectory and totally fixated on the object, might want to note the shuttle is traveling tail-first (i.e. towards the direction the camera is pointing).

Exactly my point, if it was something coming off the shuttle it wouldn't move with a sideways momentum relative to the flight vector of the shuttle. Since it comes into view from the flight direction at an approximate 30 to 40 degrees (guess) it must have been ahead of the shuttle hence can't stem from the shuttle.
Unless debris can teleport by now.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by icblue

Exactly my point, if it was something coming off the shuttle it wouldn't move with a sideways momentum relative to the flight vector of the shuttle. Since it comes into view from the flight direction at an approximate 30 to 40 degrees (guess) it must have been ahead of the shuttle hence can't stem from the shuttle.

If it hit part of the shuttle, bouncing off; that would change the trajectory. On the news the mentioned, "they didn't think it damaged
the solar panels?" To the best of my memory, anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
People on Youtube say it's a helicopter speeded up, if you look at the numbers on the screen the seconds are moving too fast, meaning that light was also speeded up which looks like a UFO. It could be a small helicopter checking things out.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47

Originally posted by icblue

If it hit part of the shuttle, bouncing off; that would change the trajectory. On the news the mentioned, "they didn't think it damaged
the solar panels?" To the best of my memory, anyway.

If it hit part of the shuttle, bouncing off....it can't stem from the shuttle.
We're no more in a situation where something can come off a tank or boosters..it's just the shuttle out there.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Does it bother anyone else here when you have people post videos that don't pertain to the subject at all?There are at least five vid links to a heilo.at pre launch.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Nice catch OP. I've been lurking this thread since the start, and I've held my tongue, even when desperately wanting to chime in when all the goofballs kept replying about the WRONG VIDEO! lol!! Mods should have taken that out day one, it had no place in this thread, as history has proved.

The SLAP feature? Yes, yes, and YES! Get too many Slaps, you're off for a cooldown, or, wake up in this case.

Staying tuned for better quality footage. The whole "woops, there it is" and the signal being killed makes me wonder. However, all TV and Radio has delay built in, much like the Apollo moon missions ;-) hint hint ;-)

So, IF there was something, WHY would we get a chance to see it? The only answer there would be human error. The guy who hits the "BEEP" button was either getting coffee or asleep at the wheel.

Staying tuned, and still waiting for that SLAP feature mods.

Whoever only reads the last few posts... IT IS A HELICOPTER! lol!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this but I think I saw a broadcast on FOX News today when I was at the gym. Title was UFO. The object in question was being broadcasted while in space from the shuttle window.

I tried looking on FOX News but couldnt find anything.

It was so close to the shuttle that you could see the flood lights on the solid object

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by icblue

Just a word:

I really hate to be the resident skeptic, especially as a newbie, but having seen this video, it's consistent with debris. The trajectory of the object, it's point over point rotation, and it's lack of deviation in course seems to suggest an inanimate object.

While it may appear to be moving away from the earth, please remember that there are several forces at work here: you have, of course the force of gravity from the earth, but also the inertia of the space shuttle as it hurtles around the earth in orbit. Any debris leaving the shuttle would have a decaying orbit as the force of gravity acted on it's mass to erode the inertia it inherited from the Shuttle. Thus the illusion of it's movement into space, when in reality it's simply falling slowly out of the Shuttle's orbital plane.

Without a clearer view or some deviation of course, this is debris.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by terarist

I tend to agree. As excited as I am to see the video, all we really have here at this point is yet another inconclusive piece of footage due to poor quality. Logic is leaning me toward debris. Great find though. Its kept me entertained. Ill keep watching this one as time progresses....

Google Video Link

[edit on 12-3-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This was fun and I followed this thread from the start.
I couldn't agree more with adding a "slap" feature.

I love this site because some of you really do great research.
If we ever do get definitive ET stuff, its going to be here we find it.
We really do need a slap feature though.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

but I must say I'm quite dissapointed with the final result by Google.

These are the links.

video.google.es...

video.google.es...

Why not upload the high res version to this site (notice the "Download Original" link):
www.divshare.com...

Worked for the chicks.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow, great thread! I personally think the object is traveling too fast to be ice or such. But I'm no scientist.. This thread also proves how many retards can't read.. I'm impressed we got the end results at all. -chuckle- oh yeah and I just signed up! I must be a fake! -rolls eyes-

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I really don't think it is debris from this shuttle mission (maybe previous). To me the trajectory makes it seem like it is coming towards the shuttle at an angle.

Taking a look at the video it may be spinning along it's horizontal access but it definitely isn't along the verticle in anyway. Here are some stills in order from the video.

As you can see the progression of images, basically the object is 5 pixels wide by 1 pixel deep. Due to the angle it crosses over pixels and seems to be two pixels deep but has a corresponding drop in brightness which gives the illusion of rotating or pulsating.

To me this object looks like it is steady, flat and uniform in brightness. And due to the slightly increased brightness and length of object in last frames heading slightly towards the shuttle.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A star to free_spirit for this!

Nice find.

Although I do get the impression this might not be the actual sequence the witnesses say they observed. It must be something very similar or something else is at play here.

I have some thoughts of my own:

STS-123 Video sequence Day 1
video.google.com...

This could be a vehicle if it is very far from the shuttle and it is approaching at an intersecting flight path but the conditions of its flight path, appearance pf relative velocity, tumbling etc. might suggest evidence that might be debris. It might appear as having a weird trajectory for a piece of debris but things in space have no friction, it could had bounced off sometimes against the shuttle structure and later released in the trajectory we saw.

The cutting of the feed looks suspicious IMO and it is. If its not a UFO then should be a piece of debris from a spot that according to NASA there shouldn't be any debris coming out. The feed might have been terminated for preventing trained eyes with more insight in shuttle technical matters to observe more and not for preventing plain people like you and me from observing an Unidentified Flying Object. For the time being this is an Unidentified Flying Object anyway.

Now another strange thing:

Where is the damn payload list!
In the link provided originaly in this thread by Pontifex

forum.nasaspaceflight.com...

there was a guy at page 30 that posted the full list of payloads onboard STS 123 but is now nowhere to be found. I also checked with the NASA shuttle site search function which is here search.nasa.gov... and I got no luck!

Did a raw search on google for discovering the STS 123 payload and still I end up in circles, again to relevant links but no actual payload list.

Although here is a nice animation of NASA showing what STS 123 has onboard

mfile.akamai.com...

but it is not the complete list according to what I saw yesterday in that nasa spaceflight forum. It wasn't anything military on it as I could tell by the descriptions since it was public information so I'm puzzled why I can't seem to find anything today! Hence my suspicions about that video cut off. The payload list at least on the link I found it, I am pretty sure was there even sometime after the NASA video cut off, but now is nowhere.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by spacebot]

If I was an alien this could be a very interesting mission to watch.
Why?

It has the very first two armed and by far the most sophisticated robot we have ever send in to space up to now!
This is the concept that is literally the worker that's going to get us to the stars!
It can replace human workforce in building things safely and without getting tired. An army of these things and you can have anything anywhere in space, if the materials are present.
It will be attached to the ISS space station.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join