It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aliens are not more advanced than we are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When I browse the forum, I hear everyone talking about how much more advanced aliens must be in order to travel to earth. (Because it's a huuuge distance from wherever they're coming and earth)

But what if they, the aliens, just live a lot longer than we do? What if aliens can live up to 1000 years? It would mean that travelling greater distances would be no problem for aliens even if they don't have any hyper-speed-wormhole-supernova-drive. They could just come here in a simple spaceship not much more advanced than our space shuttles or the ISS.

Discuss.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
that sounds plausible.

i still would consider factors like fuel, water, etc. They would have to have a thousand or so years worth of foods, fuel, and all of the other neccesities. I"m not saying it's impossible, it just sounds real complicated. They design of the spaceship would be fairly simple, it would just have to be able to withstand the wear and tear of constant space travel. Good theory redshirt

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
In that case, their lives would most likely have to be thousands of (human) years, but I guess it could work. However, I think you need a fairly advanced craft to travel all the distance - a lot more advanced than what we have now. You would have to account for all possible things (asteroids, black holes, stars etc), emergency systems, and the whole lot.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yep, shortage of fuel and water might be a real problem on such a long journey. This kind of reminds me of an article I've read a few days ago, about a boat called "Earthrace" which could use human fat as fuel. Maybe aliens use similar technology?

But as Karras said, there are a lot of dangers out there so the craft would probably have to be quite advanced to avoid all the dangers one would encounter on a journey that long. Oh well, it was just an idea

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redshirt0202

Human intellegence is bound to emotion, for the most part.

I would like to state,

Most aliens don't have emotion.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
hey, it sounded like a good one though...

don't hesitate to post any more theories, you might come upon something that will start a good discussion

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think it's possible because alien might not even require conventional food/water like ours to live, which is hard and requires enormous amout of space to store it. Instead, the alien race uses some sort of energy that's extremely easy to harvest and last very long, so supplies may not be a problem to them.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I think it's possible because alien might not even require conventional food/water like ours to live, which is hard and requires enormous amout of space to store it. Instead, the alien race uses some sort of energy that's extremely easy to harvest and last very long, so supplies may not be a problem to them.

And if those aliens would then use electrogravitic-propulsion they wouldn't even need fuel to power their spaceship and to go forward, they could power the whole thing with energy from solar panels, but there'd better be a light source around at all times.

For those who don't know what electrogravitic-propulsion is and to see some experiments on the subject, here are some youtube videos:

Video1

Video 2 More interesting than Video 1

you can also google "lifter" and you'll get some usefull links.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I agree with the posting above, most aliens don't have emotion,
or gloss... or even primer.

Now I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on, and a man would have to be some kinda FOOL to think where alone in THIS universe.

I see now. No one could have been that simple, and good, and sweet,
yet caring and wonderful. Not on this planet!
No Baby, unless they had something to hide.

It's lonely at the top, it's not... oh, maybe around my birthday,
and at sunset, and every couple of weekends, I needed a really
normal person.
That's me... I'm a widow of business, it's my life... I chose it,
at least I work some place you can find when you're lookin'
for it.
It's a bone, you betcha (£5)

[edit on 9-3-2008 by IronMan]

new topics

top topics

join