It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Health Insurance? Face Fines!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

I have a very unique plan with this insurer. As I understand it, the first $1000 per year of expenses are covered completely. The high deductible ($2400) kicks in after that, and then it covers 90% up to the limit.

In other words, my kids can get checkups or the occasional visit for doing something stupid (like sticking a piece of pipe in their eye
) for free. If I want to start spending my free time at the doctor's office, though, I pay for it. Should something really terrible happen, we are covered after that deductible. Works for me, we have used 0% so far of that first $1000.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

See, that is what I always fail to remember. Breeders need the insurance because of the kids.

yes, if I had children I would be paying near $500 on my employers plan for a family of 3.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinhatman
reply to post by pepsi78

Crap is when you wait 3 years in England just for a consult and than die in the meantime. Crap is when you choose to smoke and are denied Universal Care and also denied the right to pay for it yourself if you can afford it because somehow that would be taking advantage of the system.
Crap is when you can't afford to go see a Doctor in the US because the Insurance companies in Collusion with a Fascist Government have made healthcare SOOOO expensive that you either participate in managed care that benefits the wealthy politicians and insurance companies OR you die of a simple tooth infection.
That is not true, if you go to an emergency room they will take you in. The difrence betwen US and other places is that you wake up with a huge bill after it;s done.

We also have health care as a public service.I would not imagine my family doctor telling me that "I can't prescribe you that , we have to ask the insurance company" well that is crap. We do not need insurance companies telling doctors what they should prescribe or not.

Denying health care as a public service only take humanity out the human factor, so what if I'm not sick right now, maybe something will happen on the road of time.Besides it's my insurance.First hand insurance.Insurance companies don't really sell insurance , it's just a way of reselling something and taking out the doctor.
Paying a low tax per year with a population of 22 milion people will insure the ones that do have problems, that is clear.While you pay insurance to an insurance company andyou are not helping any one, you are not helping your self because they will jack you up for porfit any way.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by pepsi78]

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join