It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heathrow airport first to fingerprint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Heathrow airport first to fingerprint

www.telegraph.co.uk

Millions of British airline passengers face mandatory fingerprinting before being allowed to board flights when Heathrow’s Terminal 5 opens later this month.

For the first time at any airport, the biometric checks will apply to all domestic passengers leaving the terminal, which will handle all British Airways flights to and from Heathrow.

The controversial security measure is also set to be introduced at Gatwick, Manchester and Heathrow’s Terminal 1, and many airline industry insiders believe fingerprinting could become universal at all UK airports within a few years.

All four million domestic passengers who will pass through Terminal 5 annually after it opens on March 27 will have four fingerprints taken, as well as being photographed, when they check in.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Wow! Fingerprinting already, that is crazy. I dont live in the UK so anyone who does, what do you think about this?

Im sure it wont be long until the States start doing then some. I dont like this....

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

The US has been photographing arrivals and taking left and right index finger prints for about 3 or 4 years now at the immigration entry desks.
I really do not see a need for any of this and up to now the authorities have yet to put forward a convincing argument for the measures. They'll puff out their chests and proudly proclaim that it's all to protect us from criminals and terrorists but, when you actually examine those claims objectively, they turn out to be nothing but junk.

Just another move forward in getting us all catalogued and accounted for like good little cattle

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It's interesting that fingerprints are being taken from departing passengers. The UK passed a law recently that prevents it's citizens from leaving the country if they have criminal warrants or outstanding debt.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Probably not long before they start taking DNA from babies when they are born, to store it in global databases. Forget personal integrity in a world where there will always be imaginary threats to everybody.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm not too sure if I should post this little tid bit - but what the hey... Just promise not to get up to any shenanigans while you fingerprints are removed!

You can remove you prints quite easily and without totally disfiguring fingertips... And no it's not coating them with something either!

All you need is a pineapple (not canned - splash out on a real one, everyone loves pineapple... There will be plenty left to eat). Cut slices, enough to lay all your finger tips on, lay them out on a table, some suggest putting a couple of pin pricks in each finger, I don't really know about that - but if that's your thing just be sterile, best to get medical alcohol.

Any who, just rest your finger tips on the pineapple slices for 30+ minutes, maybe pick them up and play round with em. The acid and enzymes remove the prints! - I have not had chance to try this personally, but house mates in a place where I used to live did it one night when I was at work - I saw the results and it works

Edit: Oh yhea the prints are back pretty much in 48 hours

[edit on 8/3/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm from the U.K,i don't really mind doing the photo/fingerprint thing because i suppose it would only take a few minutes and it would put my mind at rest regards to criminals & terrorism.
I know it's not ideal but in this day and age i would rather do these things and be safe rather than worry about the guy sitting next to me

join