It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror crackdown: Passengers forced to answer 53 questions BEFORE they travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Terror crackdown: Passengers forced to answer 53 questions BEFORE they travel

www.dailymail.co.uk

Travellers face price hikes and confusion after the Government unveiled plans to take up to 53 pieces of information from anyone entering or leaving Britain.

For every journey, security officials will want credit card details, holiday contact numbers, travel plans, email addresses, car numbers and even any previous missed flights.

Those with outstanding court fines, such as a speeding penalty, could also be barred from leaving the country, even if they pose no security risk.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here it comes folks.. Papiere bitten!!

For anybody who thinks this is good thing, or even warranted in any way, let me ask you something. When did the citizens of the UK become a greater threat than the terrorists that the government is supposed to be guarding against? Why is there not closed circuit video cameras and ID cards and travel restrictions in Iraq, but they're an absolute necessity in the UK and soon to be in the US?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Papers please!

Boiling frogs.

Even though I must admit that a lot of that stuff is already stored about us in the European Union when flying, except for the contact number of who we are visiting and stuff like that. We dont have that. Only information relevant to the flight is required.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
By the time you fill all that BS out, you've missed your flight.

I feel sorry for you guys over in the UK, hopefully such fanaticism wont be exported to Canada.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Since my retirement I don't have the need to fly as often as I did. I do still enjoy flying and do fly for pleasure trips.

I have to say I am happy for anything the airport officials or our government can to to keep us safer when flying.

It is not an intrusion into my personal life in MHO. I fully expect the airlines and our government to go to any length necessary to assure my safety when in the air.

If a terrorist tries to take over a plane I'm on I know I'll be one of the first to die as I will not go down without a fight.

Dizzie

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
OK, Christmas time rolls around, there are long lines everywhere, people headed out on trips to see family and British Rock Stars with press, all waiting to answer 53 questions before they can go. All I can say is you'll need sleeping rooms at the airport.

They'll kick this idea around a while, then it will disappear because it's just to unmanageable. Hell, they can't process people fast enough as it is.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I wonder why this topic did not get more attention.

Apparently a lot of frogs have alrealdy been boiled.

I guess that U.K. just can not handle anymore immigrants - or visitors for that matter, since these kind of questions are designed for one use only; and that is total control of the passanger traffic in or out of U.K. Well and it sure helps to show these questions to the general public, so that those, who really want to pose a threat, now already know them and also know how to trick them. One more sign, that this question have nothing to do with public safetly from terrorism - but have more to do with total control and the year 1984 rising...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah, no kidding Souljah. Apathy seems to be the common factor in western countries and an amazing number of people see no problem in giving up their freedoms to a growing police state. This new law will effectively put the government in complete control of the public's movements - nobody in or out of the country without their approval and that includes banning travel by anyone with outstanding traffic violations or debts. Where's the outrage?

top topics

join