It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an end to space?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

String theory is kind of out now.

Yes, in fact, I had posted that on another thread recently. String Theory was truly a pointless academic exercise, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I knew all too many colleagues whose lives were centered around pointless academic exercises, which did nothing to advance human existence, but did get them free trips to southern climes in the winter, to present their idiotic papers, to other idiots, who also had no idea of what the real world was like. Sorry to rant. It's one of the things in academia that I had no use for.Understand that most of these clowns couldn't boil water, and were horrible professors. The world would have been better off if they just wrote their non-sense, and stayed out of the classrooms. They turned many students off, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
i have a thought, i assume that we all agree that all space is void, no gravity, so when the big bang happened "an explosion of atoms", we all know that an explosion travels outwards (except when in water which acts like a vaccum) so my thinking is that this "explosion" must be on going! beyond space is an area of nothingness, plenty of room for space to grow the thought that space is infinate is hard for the human mind to comprehend, i dont know why even the greatest of human minds steven hawkins find it hard!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i have a thought, i assume that we all agree that all space is void, no gravity, so when the big bang happened "an explosion of atoms", we all know that an explosion travels outwards (except when in water which acts like a vaccum) so my thinking is that this "explosion" must be on going! beyond space is an area of nothingness, plenty of room for space to grow the thought that space is infinate is hard for the human mind to comprehend, i dont know why even the greatest of human minds steven hawkins find it hard!

When the Big Bang occured there were no Atoms they came later.

As for nothing and refering to space, there is no space in nothing, nothig is in nothing, space is being created as the singlarity expands into muiltiplicty.

Sorry for in the human mind infinity does not exist, infinity ends with end of space time. This is kind of like talking of impossible numbers, some numbers can not be.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well I think infinite and space don't exactly coincide with each other and here is why, this of course has no merit and is just an idea I've had floating in my head sense about 6th grade when I learned about atoms in science class. Yes back then you were taught about atoms in 6th grade as opposed to first-second grade now days.

I started to notice nearly everything was elliptical or circular. Planets, atoms, micro organisms at the time appeared circular to oval-ish in shape.

I then began to wonder what if we are the atoms of the universe. What if we are part of something bigger and although we have no idea what our function is besides to live, do atoms in the body actually know what they are doing or are they just trying to live also.

Then I started thinking about our bodies and the vast amounts of space in it a single cell would see.

I then took this idea to space and started to contemplate whether space was round or not. I started to wonder do we actually live in a area of space that is in effect a type of bubble. The more I thought about it over the years the more I became convinced that we are part of a much larger body. Not like the body we think of as a human body but more like an area inside something that requires certain things to maintain that area.

Then the question becomes are we just a symbiotic life form living within this host we know as the universe?

If something like this was the case then we have no way of defining infinite. Infinite goes on forever by definition but if we lived forever the chance would be we could find a barrier, assuming we were looking for it in the first place, separating our universe with another. Then the question becomes how do we breech the barrier to get to the next universe and what would we find in that other universe?

Like some others have mentioned I have always believed we live in a circular to oval-ish shaped universe that does have an end however because of the shape and physics we could reach the outer limit and travel what appears to be a straight line but in reality are traveling along the curved edge of our universe and would end up reaching the starting point again thinking we found another earth when in reality we just traversed the curve and ended up back at the earth we left.

Like I said just one of my idea's I had sense about the 6th grade so take it as you want.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think space is the absolute nothing. There is no time in the actual space or nothingness. There is only time within matter.

When we say that space is expanding i think they mean it's the matter that is expanding and changing within the space of nothing.

Because lets say that space is expanding. What would be outside of space if we set the clock back to 1 hour from the start of expansion.

Even if everything was created at once. It must have a had a space to be created in.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I think space is the absolute nothing. There is no time in the actual space or nothingness. There is only time within matter.[/qoute]

You miss part of point of nothing, there is no space in nothing, noting is neither big nor is it small.

When we say that space is expanding i think they mean it's the matter that is expanding and changing within the space of nothing.

The universe is expanding, the universe is space.

Because lets say that space is expanding. What would be outside of space if we set the clock back to 1 hour from the start of expansion.

Nothing would be out there, but first you need to contemplate nothing, nothing means nothing, no length, no width, no depth, no time, nothing.

Even if everything was created at once. It must have a had a space to be created in.

God stood in the nothing and said I Am, first you must understand there is nothing in the nothing, but to even contemplate the nothing there must be the perspective of something to first relize the nothing is not there.

All is illusion the singularity is where it has always been unmoved, all is illusion.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Nothing can mean infinity as well. No beginning. No end.

Or.....No end to Height. No end to Length or No end to Width.

Then if you put matter in to this you get time. And you get a change. You get something to measure or observe. You get a new dimension within the infinite one. You get something that could expand within a infinite nothing meaning space.

But you know its just me thinking. I believe God put it all into place

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Nothing can mean infinity as well. No beginning. No end.

Or.....No end to Height. No end to Length or No end to Width.

Then if you put matter in to this you get time. And you get a change. You get something to measure or observe. You get a new dimension within the infinite one. You get something that could expand within a infinite nothing meaning space.

But you know its just me thinking. I believe God put it all into place

Perhaps in that sense, you could say the nothing is infinte, but you still miss point there is nothing to measure in the nothing, nothing does not exist something is what exist.

Yes I agree that a higer power is behind our veil of ingnorace, that to which is beyond our ability to comprehend just as we can not really comprehend the nothing. But give credit where credit is due and I humbly bow before God Creator.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by googolplex]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

But cant the definition of "nothing at all" be space! A space with nothing at all.

Cant you have space without time!

Is Hight.Lenght and Width time!

Or is it just space with out time!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

But cant the definition of "nothing at all" be space! A space with nothing at all.

Cant you have space without time!

Is Hight.Lenght and Width time!

Or is it just space with out time!

There is no space in the nothing, no time, no height, no width, no depth.

Whithout time you could not have a perspective, you would be every where at same instance.

And the things you seek are beyond human comprehendsion.

To know these things, is with Creator, maybe when you return to the God-Head these things will be revealed to you.

The best you can do now is align self with Creator and allow the truths of the Creator to be revealed.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Its like this. A goldfish swims around a bowl, and keeps coming back to the starting point, but never remembers the last time that the same thing happened. So to it, it is a whole new never ending adventure.

That is the limit of our consciousness.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join