It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry - 3rd vs 33rd degree

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
The Rosicrucian order is open to both men and women and does not require its members to be masons. As far as I am aware, the Rosicrucian society of freemasons are simply Rosicrucains who are freemasons .

Actually Saurus, there are numerous organizations (not connected with one another) that call themselves "Rosicrucian" Some are Masonic, some are not.

Membership in The Masonic Rosicrucians is by invitation only and it is required that we be Trinitarian Christians.

www.yorkrite.com...

sric-canada.org...

www.sria.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
I thought that the symbol of the 32nd Degree is an inverted triangle. When the 33rd degree triangle overlaps the 32nd degree triangle they form the Star of David.

Nope. Both the 32 and the 33 go the same direction.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Viva Satanas?

Whom is this you speak of?

They have for been defetaed.

There is no 3rd parrallel, take it with you, the virus in the matrix.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Although Pike is not an authority on masonry...

Why is Pike not an authority on Masonry?

If Pike, who spent many, many years studying Freemasonry in depth, is not an authority, who is?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

In my opinion, Pike's authority is limited to the Scottish Rite, not to craft masonry.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I thought "normal" freemasonry don't even studied Christ or The Holy Trinity.

And yet you are friends of rosicrucians.

Why the incongruency?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Being from Scotland and being realistic i may never reach 33 degrees in a lifetime.

I don't even think anyone from my lodge has reached 33, people from provincial Grand Lodge and Grand lodge have a few degrees but i'm not even sure if any of them have 33.

I think but i could be wrong that only a select few have 33 degrees at any given time but i'm not 100 percent sure.

It not like the USA where someone posted that you can go through so many degrees in a couple of days, as i said i could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by orangeman dave

You don't know a single 33 degree? I think there were two or three in my lodge alone. I met several at the dinner the night I rcvd my 32nd. I think there was even a big dinner just for the 33rds.

Maybe it works different in Scotland. I would imagine Scotland would hoard all the 33rds of the SCOTTISH Rite.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Actually to tell the truth I have never heard of the Scottish Rite outside of the USA.....

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
In South Africa, we have Rose Croix (18th) degree, and then The Consistory is a seperate order which confers 19°-32°.

Consistory is by invitation only, and you only get invited after attending the 18th degree for a few years without missing a meeting, as well as active general involvement in Freemasonry.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil
I thought "normal" freemasonry don't even studied Christ or The Holy Trinity.

And yet you are friends of rosicrucians.

Why the incongruency?

just because we don't 'study' the same thing doesn't mean we can't be friends.

All masons understand and believe in a higher power, how they choose to pursue and further that is their business, and if they would like to pursue a deepr search with like minded Masons- than by all means start a group based in Masonic brotherhood and philosophy- hopefully this furthers to make good men better

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

What is normal Freemasonry? Are you meaning the Blue Lodge or Craft Masonry?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Any mason will tell you that a man is never more a mason than when he is raised to the 3rd degree.

IMO, Pike is an authority on Scottish Rite Masonry and Blue Lodge, but moreso the former.

Here in Arizona, 6 men are chosen every 2 years to receive the invitation to become 33rd degree masons.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
after one recieves his 3rd degree all other orders of masonry simply break down all the information given in these first 3 degrees no extra knowledge, they simply give a better understanding of those first 3 degrees

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Freemason Joe

I would disagree with this, if that was true, there would be no reason to get the extra levels of initiation.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tetragrammaton

If I do chemistry at high school, then doing an additional degree in chemistry at university would give me a much better understanding of the topic.

Why shouldn't the same be true of Freemasonry's additional degrees?

[edit on 17/8/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That’s a fallacy Saurus:

It is not the same chemistry you are taught in high school vs. university; it is much more complex, differentiated and theoretical. (High School presumable teach you facts, you learn when you get to university; that these fact can be disputed etc.)

I was taught in high school that the oldest civilization is the Egyptians, and its dated 5000 BC, we know today that this isn’t true, yet we teach this to our children still.
Same with freemasonry, and everything else, the more you explore; the deeper you find the rabbit hole goes.

Again lets return to my dispute; If it (the other degrees of masonry (33 in the Scottish rite, 12 or so in the York etc)) was just a deeper study of the first 3 levels of blue lodge masonry, then there would be no need for the esoterically and Gnostic study. Secondly, in the Danish freemasonry, there aren’t any blue lodge degrees, and I am assuming that not all Masonic groups have the first 3 degrees you speak of.

We can agree to disagree; I would find it meaningless first of to assume that everything esoteric and Gnostic can be taught so fast to an individual, and secondly that any individual would stay through the other 30 degrees, if it was just repetition of already learned knowledge.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
Secondly, in the Danish freemasonry, there aren’t any blue lodge degrees, and I am assuming that not all Masonic groups have the first 3 degrees you speak of.

Danish Freemasonry

Danish Freemasonry has the first three degrees like any other Freemasonry (see above link). It then has additional degrees like other Masonic constitutions, except that Danish Freemasonry puts them together in a recommended package, whereas other constitutions leave it open for the Master Mason to decide which degrees he would like to do.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join