It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFK Jr. brilliantly explains the illusion that all Americans live in. **Must Watch**

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
OMG! I wanted to not believe what he was saying... I get my news from Fox and AM radio... I consider myself to be a well informed Republican, but I always knew something wasn't right.

His last 5 minutes of his speech was SO ACCURATE. I'm truly beginning to believe that a REAL American is neither Blue or Red.

His comment about "...a government that controls business is called 'Communism'; and big business that controls government is called 'fascism'..." and that our job is to walk that fine line between the two is an amazing insight.

Red or Blue - give this speech an honest listen and decide for yourself.

I fear we've lost our way.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
All Americans should hear these words and realize he speaks the truth
my hat goes off to him.I also hope he has some very good security. The people running
the USA today will not like what he has to say!!! May God protect him

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The things I read here at ATS tie in very well with what RFK Jr has to offer up in the speech regarding the monopoly on the sanitised media that the people in the US (and Oz) are fed on a daily basis.

Every Mon - Fri in Oz we get the American edition of Today and two other morning news/chat/lifestyle shows (NBC and ???) very early and they finish at 6am then we get our Aussie ones with the same format - a couple or girls and a token guy or two, dressed to the nines, sitting on the couch. They discuss with various guests how to wash the cat, find striped paint, decorate a doughnut, dress to impress, write a bestseller in an hour and other inane crap. The news segment is pretty scant with the usual planes, trains and automobiles mishaps, maybe a little bit of politics, and other light news stories.

I have to say that if what RFK Jr is saying is true then there are a lot of ignorant people out there (and over here). Is the average American really that oblivious to what is going on ? Do the majority wear rose-coloured glasses? Is the US that dumbed down that they have allowed the goverment to become the brain and control centre for the whole population? Mind you, most Ausssies are no better, mindlessly going about their business liked drugged out zombies.

I have trouble expressing myself unless I am face to face (wish I were now) and talking. I can not quite put my thoughts into words all that succinctly but I am gobsmacked that people are NOT seeing this. I feel very isolated at times because I get reckon I am getting what the Big Picture is going to be and I know I am in a minority.

Most of the population on this planet are Legally Blind and obviously happy
to have their fate decided for them.

take care
res

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

The way you tell it, you might as well be living in the US of A. It's the same thing here, right down to the morning shows that pretend they are "news" but are really just advertisements for consumerism.

Then, after the Morning Belch Show goes off we get a cooking show that's a cross between my next door neighbor and and the mail lady. When that stupidity on nine ways to pick a fresh melon goes off, it's an hour of "The Price Is Right!!!" gameshow, and then straight through till noon with soap operas.

The half hour noon news is either cat/dog stories mixed with Meth lab busts and car crashes or local beauty pageant winners, local fairs and art shows, and the latest murder by a crazed redneck. The best part, and all that's worth watching without upchucking, is the weather.

All afternoon it's more soap operas till the game shows come back, then more non-news and straight into the nightly cop shows.

The sad part is, I know people that build their day around being home to "keep up" with some of these soap operas. it's that important to their tiny little minds. That and rooting for their favorite "Survivor" wussie or "Big Brother" weenie.

God help us all. This RFK videos were a breath of fresh air.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
"Americans are the most entertained and least informed people in the world."

So sad, but so true...

That's from Naom Chomsky.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Why did he mention "a reptilian core in our brains?" I've never heard such a saying.

Anyway, thanks for sharing these videos, I agree with most of it.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Impreza]

That's because parts of our brain share characteristics with the brains of other animals. For example, the fight or flight response which is present in animals. Believe it or not, but also, a lot of our genes share something in common with a lot of animals, not just reptiles.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Unless you took a psychology or cultural anthropology class in college, I doubt you would've learned it in school (not in the high schools I went to anyway)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Thanks for posting this video Kudo's to you and RFK.jr for speaking out unless we all start listening, learning and thinking about what is transpiring behind our backs by Corporate Controlled Government Schills we are doomed to a fascist controlled country and for that matter World because all Governments are all controlled by the same Elite forces of Economic control by the greedy rich elite power brokers and they will spare no expense to ensure we think as sheep and comply as we are led to slaughter.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
“They who have put out the people's eyes reproach them of their blindness.” - John Milton

"In times of universal deceit, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

“If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed.” - Mark Twain

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie." - Joseph Goebbels

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge - even to ourselves - that we’ve been so credulous." - Carl Sagan

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries." - David Rockefeller

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace in a continual state of alarm (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing them with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” - H. L. Mencken

"Why, of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war-- neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Herman Goering

“The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.” - H. L. Menken

“The great mass of people will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one. What luck for rulers that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

“When you control opinion, as corporate America controls opinion in the United States by owning the media, you can make the masses believe almost anything you want, and guide them as you please.” - Gore Vidal

"Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept secret by public incredulity." - Marshall McLuhan

“The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, so what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. They pull the strings and we dance.” - John Swinton, NY Times Chief of Staff

“This truth is well known among our principal men now engaged in forming an imperialism of Capital to govern the world. By dividing the voters through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance. Thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves what has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished.” - Sir Denison Miller

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
"I came to the conclusion that Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
-RFK

Best quote ever.

Too bad it no longer applies, I don't think either one of them knows what is going on nor do they seem to care.

- Con

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia

I have trouble expressing myself unless I am face to face (wish I were now) and talking. I can not quite put my thoughts into words all that succinctly but I am gobsmacked that people are NOT seeing this. I feel very isolated at times because I get reckon I am getting what the Big Picture is going to be and I know I am in a minority.

Most of the population on this planet are Legally Blind and obviously happy
to have their fate decided for them.

I never liked the term "dumbed down" as it suggests we are being made less intelligent. I think Americans are VERY intelligent, very resourceful creative invovative people. We are not dumbed down but just kept in the dark.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Dr Love - Great post

RFK Jr is a very wise man -its quite revealing when hes discussing the corporate media situation,I suspect its just as bad in the UK.
Why isn't this man president of the US?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Excellent speech by RFK Jn. Thanks for bringing this to our attention Dr. Love (only noticed this thread now)!! It's always the experts in true politics that never succeed in politics!

S&F - this does need more airtime among the ATS population!

America has certainly sold it's soul to the Devil on a dime. I think the key question would be 'will it recover' rather than 'when will it recover'! Equal to that - can the US ever dispose of the Neocons??

Thanks again.

Breifne

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by Dr Love

Why isn't this man president of the US?

Unfortunately, this is why he is not, but why he should be, POTUS!!

When Robert Kennedy Jr. appeared on “Larry King Live” Monday, he hoped to gain attention for energy conservation. But as the public listened to his stilted, strained voice, he also drew attention to another cause.

Kennedy has a condition called spasmodic dysphonia, a specific form of an involuntary movement disorder called dystonia that affects only the voice box.

Source

This video serves both as an example of his condition and also his love for his country.

Imagine him dealing with Putin on a global matter?

But also imagine him talking on your behalf, to which I would be proud!

It's yet another sorry case for the Kennedy's!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
S&F - this does need more airtime among the ATS population!

It surely does -a shameless bump for this thread from me

What he has to say about the corporate media couldn't be more true -
this film touches on some of his comments but you're right than as many people as possible should hear this speech.

The Corporation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join