It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing Saucer captured on film over Plymouth UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
Why does the object look completely different--an oval vs. a triangle--in each picture?
Some UFOs have been seen to be shaped like toy tops. At an angle a top looks somewhat circular. Looking at its profile a top brings on a more triangular shape due to the pointy top and bottom. If this was a real UFO, and right now I don't doubt it, you're seeing it from two different viewing angles in the pictures.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Originally posted by Condorcet
Why does the object look completely different--an oval vs. a triangle--in each picture?
Some UFOs have been seen to be shaped like toy tops. At an angle a top looks somewhat circular. Looking at its profile a top brings on a more triangular shape due to the pointy top and bottom. If this was a real UFO, and right now I don't doubt it, you're seeing it from two different viewing angles in the pictures.

Yep,it's changing angles.From a top or bottom view(i.e. if it were directly over your head)it will look like a perfect circle.Viewing it from the side,it can take on a host of differing shapes.The contrast of that latest pic is much better.

jra

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
People should learn to lay off the .jpg compression. I mean seriously, that has to be the worest photo ever.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
More Plymouth UFO pics can be found here users.chariot.net.au.... The cluster images are interesting. I wonder what they could be.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Has this been on public uk NEWS tv?

is there a cover up in progress?

if this is real and experts say it is, and it the 5th best ever photo of a uFO ever taken THEN WHY NOT public Television reports?

was it in the main news papers?

i aint seen any news for 3 days so it might of been on tv an main papers.

And Navy cough is looking into it deff a major defence issue there if that thing can be where it was without us knowing it, any army bases in Plymouth?

UFO's normally appear near army baes, nukes (storage, power plants), airports.

Interesting what shape is it really? is it circular?

as most ufo recently have been triangle shaped.

old ones were circular.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well, I wouldn't say disk shaped craft are outdated. Its still the #3 type of shape on nuforc.org's lists.

Whenever something happens like this there is always government silence. Heck, there's government silence still on the UFO cases we know they've documented, like the 1980 Bentwaters/Rendlesham incident. Pictures won't do a dang thing if documents don't.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yep,I would not be surprised to see this entire story swept under the rug soon.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Alright, I just debunked this case myself. (a believer debunking evidence? WTF!?!?!?!)

Anyway, using Photoshop you can see my step by step process on the following animated GIF. It looks terrible because I had to compress it, but you will get the idea. Plus I included a cleaner, but smaller one to show what I am about just below it.

Frame 1. Selected the group of lights and highlighted them.

Frame 2. Rotated the lights 180 degrees

Frame 3. Moved the lights onto the city scape and highlighted their outlines.

Notice how the lights match up completely?

The lights, at least in this image, are reflections off the lense of the camera.

Here is a much less compressed GIF that shows the area in question to stop any doubt that what you are seeing is simply reflections.

Oh well, we always have our documented UFO events.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting Heelstone.

I now suspect he was using some kind of clear arcylic or something like that infront of the camera that caused this kind of reflection. Possibly if he had it at an angle.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Nice work heelstone, I thought that picture was too good to be true.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I also want to add that in the image with multiple lights that I showed as reflections, ALL the lights in the sky angle themselves to a single point, showing that they were distorted by something circular, such as a lense.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting indeed Heelstone.I wonder why no one else is coming out officially on it being hoaxed?Weird.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it a hoax rather a case of mistaken identity.

Had the images of multiple lights not come out, it would have likely never been possible to show the relationship with the lights in the sky and on the ground.

If those that posted these images know about this, I'm sure they aren't admitting it out of pride. Though I suspect most people have not caught on yet.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
heelstone,

what are you talking about man? this picture is not a buncha lights? what does your photoshop work have to do with this picture?

the pic so far looks good to me. everything is in context. it would come down to an expert actually analyzing the original image and file generated. Unfortunately we cannot do that.

The fact that the military has interest in it also adds considerable weight to the validity of the image.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Neo, I'm not about to start believing in proven mistaken UFO events. There ARE events you can believe in that are wholly supported by even the U.S. government's own documents, but this case I would not want to fool myself into accepting as being part of reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No offense heelstone, because I know you believe in ufo's as I do but I see no reason to believe the photo is fake off the bat so to speak. I will check the other posts here to see if someone has provided such evidence. I'm frankly tired of the rush by most people to debunk everything automatically like some knee jerk reaction. I know you are not like that and this is not a usual response from you.

Did you look at the first half dozen posts to this thread? soon as it hits the debunkers come running to shyte all over it, and the less they know about ufo's or anything on this topic the more eager they are to denounce it. Ignorance is bliss I tell ya.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No, that is good evidence Heelstone. I saw from the beginning that it was lens reflections from the city lights.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Neo.

The only thing I have done is to show a very good relationship with what is in the sky and on the ground in one picture. It makes for an excellent case for lense reflections.

The original image of a singular UFO is hard/impossible to show air/ground relationship to, so you can still believe in that if you want, but the multiple lights picture does indeed have a more down to earth explanation.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Heelstone-Did you try that with all the pics,or just one?The object does seem to express some solidity in one of the pics.One thing I would be curious to hear is the photo takers actual experience surrounding this event,wheter he was just randomly snapping pics and the anomoly appeared in it,or whether he first spotted something moving with the naked eye and/or heard some accompanying sound coming from it.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes I tried. The large green image of UFOs also shows this same pattern, but there is no ground in the picture to correlate with the ground.

The original photos of the singular anomaly don't have enough points of reference to solidly connect it to the ground.

edit:

Included is a pic of all the reference points with a line going through to each one to show its relationship to the ground. Not only do they each respond to a specific point, you can draw an intersecting line with the angle in which objects in the air are pointing their centers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join