It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopathic Soldier Throws Puppy Off Cliff

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I whole heartedly agree that if, after a full investigation, it is shown that this Marine did indeed throw a live puppy over a cliff, he should be dishonorably discharged from the Marines and be prosecuted to the full extent of Military justice.

However, with that said, for those of you who continue to claim that this singular event somehow reflects on the United States military as a whole, I'd like to ask if you feel the same about the following stories that tell of the caring and selflessness of our soldiers in regards to stray puppies and dogs in Iraq.

Like this story;

Nubs the Iraqi Dog Travles 70 miles to find his Marine

Major Brian Dennis was serving in Iraq when a local dog took up with him. The dog’s ears had been cut off when it was a pup so Major Dennis named him Nub. Nub came around for months and obviously liked hanging out with the Marines. One day Major Dennis found a deep puncture wound on Nub. It had been inflicted on Nub with a screwdriver. Dennis and the other Marines nursed Nub back to health. No wonder Nubs loves his Marines and was willing to do whatever he had to do to find them when their unit was relocated …..

and these three success stories in bringing home puppies and dogs adopted by US soldiers in Iraq from Bahgdad Pups (ASPCA):

My point is, that while this event, if true, is horrible and deplorable it in no way, shape or form reflects on anyone other than the Marines directly involved in the incident and using it to paint all military members with a broad brush is just as disingenuous as if I were to use the stories I posted to say they are all wonderful, caring, loving individuals.

-Cypher

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah, frankly as awful as this is, it's foolish to condemn the entire US military for it. The military is a huge group of people, and inevitably is going to have some psychos.

I seriously doubt there's any DoD policy encouraging throwing puppies off of cliffs.

The guy obviously has problems, and should be discharged and sent to a shrink.

If you're mad about the Iraq war, blame the politicians who started it, not the soldiers.

Blaming soldiers for wars is like blaming forest fires on trees

[edit on 3/5/08 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well for starters I think these so called troops of ours should start paying for their own munitions out of their own if they are over there using it to blow the crap out of (domesticated) animals. (That is not what I want my "tax money" going to.)

Damn, if this all these guys have to worry about over there, it does look like mission accomplished though, say it is high time to end the charade and bring home these “get some” fighters of ours.

joi

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here is a bunch of other random videos of soldiers causing animal/human abuse.
Most of these were working at the beginning of this week.
I find it hard to believe that these are ALL fakes as well..

youtube.com...

Soldiers, tormenting a dog...
youtube.com...

Soldiers shoot another dog
www.liveleak.com...

Soldiers throw grenade at sheepherder/sheep and find it funny
youtube.com...

Soldier shoots yet another dog
www.liveleak.com...

here are a couple more that weren't posted
www.youtube.com...
video.google.com... ...
www....../player.aspx?itemnum=6703

and just for the hell of it
www.youtube.com...

Splashing kids with a hummer
www.liveleak.com...

Shooting unarmed civilians then celebrating
www.liveleak.com...

Teasing kids with water
www.liveleak.com...

Soldier talking about wanting to kill Iraqi children/families, he's out of his mind
www.liveleak.com...

Soldier messing up civilians house for fun
www.liveleak.com...

Soldier being a dick to Iraqi police
www.liveleak.com...

Having kids chant "I love pork!"
www.liveleak.com...

Soldier throwing a child off of a bridge
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
everyone trying to point out the irony, spare us. The fact is, if you search around, there are FAR more people complaining about the Iraq War than this puppy incident. It's just a current news story. I would bet the Heath Ledger story has more interest than this one.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by scientist]

Spare you? There are far more people complaining about the Iraq War, however the thread we are posting in is about a soldier throwing a puppy off of a cliff. Not the nicest thing to do, nor can we see an obvious purpose but quit interesting. If you notice, your reply to me is on page 10. My reply to you will be on page 12.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Actually i agree with alot of you and finally you speak the important issues of the situation its self not the disrespect of the entire U.S Military because of one cruel person. However i have to disagree with the person who said we haven't done any good in Iraq because the truth is we have done ALOT of good its just like i said before war is bloody.

EDITED TO ADD,
Oh and btw everyone was with us before the war but when they lost a few good men in battle they cried. its not our fault that much of the world was backing us then when it got bloody they hated us. if you don't believe me about the backing statement i just made well hell ill provide video proof and news articles.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think that people need to gain some respect for the troops over there in Iraq, I would really like to see some of you over there dealing with what they have to deal with on a daily basis. My father served my grandfather and my grandfather before him, and to hear some people talk to harshly about people who die for your freedom to talk like that sickens me.

One thing people need to realize to is that its not the soldiers fault for this war they are just doing their job. Many, many people say they are ashamed of our troops and wish them dead, not cool they have families and people that care about them as well, again this war is not the soldiers fault so stop blaming it on them.

I mean sure there are some people who lose their humanity because of war, but that you have to realize that ever military of every nation has people like that, not just ours.

Not to sound to harsh but that is the nature of war, its not pretty people. It is not all heroics and saving the world, its hell. One thing many people don't realize is that its either our people or theirs, war does not pay favorites.

I'm sure I will get massive # for saying what I just said but thats the nature of things, and I would really like to see some respect for our troops, they are doing the toughest thing in the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lowtoc

And one and all, they volunteered for it.

If I volunteer for a job that involves getting kicked in the nuts every single day (for instance, the "attacker" in a women's self-defense class), then I can't exactly bitch and moan about getting kicked in the nuts, can I?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well they are getting "kicked in the nuts" over there so you can sit here and talk # about them.

I may one of the few people that has a great respect for our troops and thats unfortunate.

I do have to say though I do not think it is ok for soldiers like this one though to harm animals an innocents for fun, but again this thread has turned into anti military, so I'm just stating my beliefs

they are not all bad

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Lowtoc]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I will live the rest of my life happy if I hear that those two soldiers in the video get their limbs blown off by an i.e.d.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Agreed =)

I'll be honest and tell you I wanted to see if one person who levels criticism could be objective and acknowledge the vast, vast amount of good deeds being done over there.

It was a loaded question I asked, to be sure, but I was hoping just one of the people who had so much to say would be intellectually honest and admit to the amount of wonderful things our guys do over there.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

You’re sick and unbalanced.

I care not that this is a one liner and a TOS violation. There is nothing else to say.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
I will live the rest of my life happy if I hear that those two soldiers in the video get their limbs blown off by an i.e.d.

Scratch that, I have more to say.

THIS is considered discourse and a worthwhile contribution to ATS?

THIS post advocating horrific mutilation of our Marines is something that is considered a valuable contribution to the conversation?

Why am I bending over backwards to not address anyone personally and provide a level of respect to other posters when presented with something like this?

Why is this kind of BS tolerated? This is free speech, or hateful speech?

Do you know how many soldiers, Marines, airmen and other service members have been wounded? Try 30,000 on for size. Some have the injury you just described, goofball.

Do you know where the term "basket case" originally came from? Soldiers in Vietnam who were wounded to the point where what was left of their still alive body would fit in a basket. This term was used by triage nurses. Funny, huh? Laugh a minute.

You have no idea the level of pain and suffering you are talking about.

You disgust me and should be ashamed of yourself.

Shame on you for running your mouth about things you have no grasp on.

There comes a point when the user base, no matter what the subject, needs to call a spade, a spade and put aside niceties reserved for those that are reasonable.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lowtoc

American soldiers are more disgusting than this , they are killing,raping people , kicking pregnant women in Iraq...
also american people love to taser americans..

disgusting

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

You are so disrespecting man.....Islamic or not why would you say something so disrespecting....one thing im sure of them Americans are probably more mature and respectful then you will ever be. First off like i said before why would you even point out to all American troops? Ignorance? Stupidity? I believe so....also EVERY war that has been on this planet involved Death, Rape, and Disloyalty...yes its bad but to simply point out American troops? I guarantee you that there are (not all) British and French soldiers doing just the same as the American troops but because this is our war the headlines are always put on us no matter what it is good or bad and even though it sickens me the news (media) airs much of the bad news because they hardly get ratings airing the good news. Don't believe me look it up and do your research. Manson, im glad the n isn't missing out of your name because if it was a Mason i would laugh because no matter how much ridicule we get we are so much more respectful.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr.x211

You have to come up with the proof - they're your claims

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109

This lines up exactly with the point that I am trying to make. Some people are going to deal with violence differently than others. Some soldiers see fellow soldiers dying (substitute soldier with marine or any other military personal) and it causes them to think irrationally. This man has seen a video of a soldier committing a violent act and he basically states that he would be happy if they got their limbs blown off. Others of you don't agree with what this soldier has done but don't wish harm upon the soldier.

Soldiers are trained to kill in a situation where they must because at times it has to be done. A good soldier will be able to witness violent acts yet remain professional. That is the type of soldier you wont here about because that is not what makes news. It doesn't make the news because that is a soldiers job, that is the norm.

If any of you were to go to Iraq today you would find that soldiers care about the Iraqi people, and they care about their mission of stabilizing Iraq. You may find 10 videos or stories of soldiers acting up, you may find 1,000. But guess what? There have been hundreds of thousands of soldiers in Iraq. Most soldiers are going to be doing the norm in Iraq, doing their job and doing it well.

joi

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
My father served in World War 2 and told me horror stories about his experiences, but he served his country and lived his life in an extremely respectful manner. I don't think trying circumstances in Iraq should be an excuse for such abashed bad behavior.

I don't know if it is a case of the military training being different, or the caliber of soldiers being weaker, but it seems from the Vietnam war and on there is a lack of the "gentlemen" military in place.

I am not claiming that all soldiers are bad people.
There will always be inherent goodness that makes good people, even when they are put in horrible situations, but there is definitely a large influx of individuals who take advantage of their power over their weak, in a situation where they get away with much more than they could at home.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Good grief SpeakerOfTruth, your getting on people about violation ATS , TOS.

But you post like 4 posts in a row, all 1 line

Read up on the board rules before you go start preaching em.

As for this video, I'm an animal lover, and i love dogs especially, but I really don't care whether or not this is a real dog or a fake dog, because in some contries, they what dogs over the heads with shovels, then eat them.

I wouldn't be suprised if Iraqi's eat dogs. Maybe he was throwing it down the cliff to a starvind kid , who knows. Maybe he should be commended?

Seriously just like in real life, as in the military your gonna find your psycho's, idiots, drug addicts, achoholics with rocket launchers. For cripes sakes mo0st of these troops are 18-20(christ when I think back to my mindset at that age, and if I was over in Iraq, I'd be doing some messed up stuff, but I wouldn't be throwing puppies or cats off cliffs) years old.

Maybe if you had to spend 2 years over there, and watcher people get shot, or your buddy, get gibbed by an IED, it may change the way you look at things, when you see stuff like that day after day after day.

Point is, we shouldn't even be there. We went there did what we said we wanted to do, and now were just hanging out, happy to lose 100's of troops every week.

I just don't understand the point of the video. Looks fairly real to me. Unless it's an insugent dressed in U.S. gear. Why the hell would a US soldier video tape this and post it ? Maybe they thought it'd look more fake than it did (if it was fake), which I'm still leaning towards it being real.

So chalk it up to some pschyo U.S. Soldier. I'm sure every army has thier share.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Let me just say that I apologize for my recent post. It was said out of anger, and No I do not wish any harm to come to those Marines in the video, But if I were there at the time I would have punched him square in the nose.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join