It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You say "INVASION" I say Intervention.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
too many people, governments included, when faced with the fact that "aliens" are coming here more often and with more frequency believe it evidence of something. What that is many speculate upon. Some that play the fearmonger card want to assume there's this Alien Invasion coming. I think that's just silly.

I've lived within "mankind" to know how much of a mess we really are. I know there's that show on tellevison. That show where a man of a kind is messing their life up so baddly that other beings from their life come and talk about it. The show is intervention.

Well if you don't know what an Intervention is by now I'll tell you. An Intervention is when clearer minded beings come together to help a failing family/friend out of a rut.

I don't believe there will be an Alien Invaision. That's just negitive thinking patterns. That's the problem with mankind. They have some negitive thinking patterns fixed. I think we need an Alien Intervention.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Ofcourse there are lots of guesses of their motives behind their alledged visits.

Quite frankly though, we dont know what 'their' motives are.
And we are hardly in any possition to guess on what a alien minds thinking patters are.

They might be similar to us, or they might be so different where we actually will have nothing to compare with.

If the 'greys' are the main visitors i dont think they are alone in on this.
They seem to be too robotic, i think they are controlled by something else.
And then we really could be in trouble.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Balez]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Indeed nothing wrong with some 'Divine Intervention' amongst the stars of eternity.

For all the STARPEOPLE out there you rock society awake.

Awareness the most keen of all senses is the ability to create.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I remember that i read a science ficition novel long ago, in which human race was advanced/star travelling (and comunist,it were soviet writers). This book described the work of "progressors" - humans who tried to help out less advanced civilizations from within ,basicly by making them evolve socially much faster, and reach the perfect system- communism.

However the writers were good, so they basicly showed that it was impossible. Such an intervention harmed both sides inolved. European civilisation tried to "raise" level of African inhabitants (not for free of course) as they thought it should be, and it failed and both sides (one more then other) still have its scars from the experience.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh, i hope you are right and tend to believe it as the most logical conclusion for one reason or another. Mainly for two reasons.

1: A ship traveling through space with a bunch of agressive aliens aboard has a relatively high chance of blowing itself up. If they are evil bastards there is a (imo) big chance that it comes with powerstruggles here and there, and being upon eachothers lip all the time will instigate some riot or another.

2: If they can insta-travel with the help of advanced quantum mechanics i think those aliens have also discovered the secret of free energy and replicators like in Star-Trek, so they don't NEED any of us as snacks, don't need specifically this planet to inhabit because there are so many other planets to populate to their own needs and wishes. That makes the only reason to visit us that of scientific interest ( no harm no help ) or they really wanting to help us get through this (whatever this is).

I really think the second option is the most viable imo and we are just not worth it for any race that really wants to expand, there is no shortage of livingspace in any case.

Yeah, intervention seems more plausibel, but i see the powers of old go and false flag an Alien attack somewhere to scare the crap out of us and rally behind our fearless leaders (
)

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i say a big con by the global elite/governments

they have a supposed ship from the 50's they reversed engineered them so now they fly them around to fool the masses into thinking there are ufo's flying about up there !!

becarefull out there>>>>>>>>

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

Ok, let's just say you are right. Where did this ship come from and where did the aliens go? Did the goverments just say 'shove off!' and they poof and disapeared? After being shot at downing a alien ship, losing the tech and seeing the tech abused to enslave the population. Shame on the aliens that left the stuff behind. No, i think there still are aliens out there keeping an eye out.

But we will just have to wait and see i think.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
i say a big con by the global elite/governments

they have a supposed ship from the 50's they reversed engineered them so now they fly them around to fool the masses into thinking there are ufo's flying about up there !!

Hey Thanks!!! Although I don't believe in a NWO "elite/governments", this explaination is the first thing that has made sense to me about a great diseption using the UFO phenomenon. I totally think you should spin that idea off into the "NWO" forum because that would get some awesome hits.

Personally I'll have to look into this type of thing. I am not sure but there might be a couple of "evil ETs" still around on the earth since the time of the fall, and this might be there way of getting an element of mankind to try to decieve the world.

If that were the case they'd all be in for a rude awakening.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

I don't believe there will be an Alien Invaision.
[edit on 27-2-2008 by Incarnated]

There were just American invasion in Afghanistan, Iraq. Vietnam.
And red neck European invasion all over asia africa australia southern america.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

I do understand that there was "alien technology" that was stolen by the rebelious aliens at the beginning of mankind. That was some 125000 years ago. Mostlikely those "Nephilum" orignals, or "fallen angels" have suposidly lived out their lives.

However I believe that a couple might have actually found a way to chrogenically suspend themselves maybe in and among their alien technologies.

If nothing else, it sounds like a hell of a script idea.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

maybe the aliens just said right thats it!!

stay away from those neanderthals our life is too precious..

dont get me wrong, i do beleive there is another superior or advanced life forms out there.

but i am in the early learning stage at the moment, both spiriitually and worldly..

my eyes and ears are wide open

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

thanks incarnated its something i trully beleive

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If I come over and sneak into your house, take something, and leave...I've just INVADED your home.

If I come over, ring the doorbell, announce myself, and engage in dialogue, I've INTERVENED.

Quite easy to see the difference really...

Now, which of these two sounds like the alien activity described by witnesses...???

There you go. That doesn't mean it is an invasion for conquest, but it is definitely an invasion of sorts vs. an intervention... Usually there is only one reason to keep a secret from another...and that is because they wouldn't approve of what you're doing. So what is it they are doing that we wouldn't approve of? That's the real mystery....and I'm sure it's far more than a few medical experiments...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Not all "interventions" are amicable. The subject of the intervention may well feel "invaded".

I'd define "intervention" as an invasion without numbers.....insidious, with intentions you don't want announced.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I say 'Po-TA-to'!

And yes I think you are right, they are here not necessarily as "saviors", but peacekeepers anyway. Mediators. In the "War on Freedom" between the elite and the masses here on Earth

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You can gauge the (awareness/intelligence) of Earth by its peoples actions expressed through energy.

I would say we have seven different Universes within this Universe. That's why we have such variations in people.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well I was speaking of a future context when "Aliens" really start being active amongs humanity.

You still refuse to understand. Those beings created the life that evolved into mankind. They've watched humanity grow. It's in their job discription. They are NOT in our house. If anything we are in their LAB.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by Gazrok

Well I was speaking of a future context when "Aliens" really start being active amongs humanity.

You still refuse to understand. Those beings created the life that evolved into mankind. They've watched humanity grow. It's in their job discription. They are NOT in our house. If anything we are in their LAB.

I think what gazork was attempting to do, is get you to finally take responsibility for your extraordinary claims. It helps the reader so much more when we are all on the same page, especially where understanding the english vernacular of the terms "Invasion vs Intervention".

The thread creator (YOU) pre-supposes the readers (US) either doesn't know the defintion OR doesn't know the difference between the two.
Hence the assumed trap in the title "You say invasion I say intervention"

Gazork wasn't attempting to understand what YOU say he refuses to, he was attempting to draw attention to the presumptuous title that forces one to engage in this dialogue at an automatic dis-advantage putting us in the role of the one saying Invasion.

So the first thing we have to do is establish where we stand on the two defintions BEFORE any substantive dialogue can even begin.

It is YOU who (as usual) fails to understand that Gazork was only attempting to correct that pre-supposition by clarifying what the difference is and that he in fact KNOWS the difference. Establishing that first would then force the thread creator (YOU) to discuss the topic without the automatic presumption, where you are seen as the authority.

This works by virtue of having NOT ONLY the correct definition between the two, but the Correct Context as well.

Saying "You say Tomato and I say Tommato" is the same when it comes to eating them you both will be eating a red juicy vegetable HOWEVER

Essentially all Gazork is attempting to get YOU to understand is that HE KNOWS that Invasion means THIS

the act of invading; the act of an army that invades for
conquest or plunder any entry into an area not previously
occupied; "an invasion of tourists"; "an invasion of locusts"

And Intervention means THIS

the act of intervening (as to mediate a dispute)
a policy of intervening in the affairs of other countries
(law) a proceeding that permits a person to enter into a
lawsuit already in progress;

No one here says, what we say, regarding the two defintions NOR should we accept being told we are in the title.

Perhaps it would have been wiser to ask which one we think the postulates of this topic would be but that would bring about questions that require substantiation in essay form, something this thread creator is notorious for avoiding much less providing.

THIS way,, you can just pontificate to us as we trip over dis-contextual intentions of the thread creators Divisive homefield advantage which seeks to not only tell us what WE SAY but rejects any attempts to correct that.

By putting words in the mouth of readers from the start by assuming we say this or that is an obvious trap Gazork wanted to avoid being pigeon holed into with gracefull diplomacy. Rather then acknowledege all he was trying to say,, you allege he refused to understand.

This again,, is the thread creator being presumptuous.

If he refused to understand, it sure wasn't because he had known why until you said so posthumously hence the trap, why he tripped on it and that he wouldn't have if only he didn't refuse to understand.

Perhaps you should tell us all about your foregone conclusions so we won't trip over them as we go finding out it was our fault refusing to understand which only adds insult to injury when you consider how it is taken from the readers perspective.

1) You seem to be making up the rules as you go

2) when we break one of the rules you didn't previously inform us about, we will be blamed for that too i.e. "You refuse to understand" then given your "new context"

Refusing to understand could quickly result in your own self fulfilled prophecy but to be more specific,,,

Readers will quickly refuse to listen

to another thing

you say

- Con

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They had high hopes for their their crop but it turned out #ty, too many weeds. They are coming to plow the garden under and start a new crop.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION
They had high hopes for their their crop but it turned out #ty, too many weeds. They are coming to plow the garden under and start a new crop.

Biblically it is written:

Let the weads and the grain grow together. In the time of the harvesting the grain to my barn and the weads to the fire.

top topics

join