It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why they're cracking down on smoking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
More 'smoke' comes out of my car in one hour than comes out of my lungs all year. People who complain about "the annoying, evil stinky 'n-word' smoke" all the while they are standing beside a road, well they piss me off.

Band smoking in bus shelters eh? why? so w can get a daily dose of smog a smoke from the belching tail-end of the bus?

I swear it must have something to do with a "smoke quota"...
The gov. figured out how much pollution we could handle before dropping dead and cigarettes are just too much of a variable in the grand equation.

Plus, if they can take away an addiction without any fight at all.....

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The real reason they are cracking down on smoking has yet to be discussed. The tar

in the cigs doesn't allow for the proper absorption of whatever happens to be in the

chemtrails that are being sprayed over your head. Now we all know we need our

daily dose of chemtrails so that we can come down with debilitating diseases and live

a sub par life physically and mentally. You can also be pretty damn sure that those

second hand smoke death statistics aren't all from inhaling second hand smoke. A good

portion of them are from chemtrail related illness. But there is no category for chemtrail

related deaths so they are all lumped in with the second hand smoke statistics. Just

something I heard from a little bird

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by greydawn
The real reason they are cracking down on smoking has yet to be discussed. The tar in the cigs doesn't allow for the proper absorption of whatever happens to be in the
chemtrails that are being sprayed over your head.

something I heard from a little bird

Please, tell me, what is the breed of this bird?

Only around 20% of the general population smokes. I'm guessing they're not essential to the NWO or whatever it happens to be, why the elaborate scheme? Will the rest of us do-gooder-non-smoking-liberals perish after the chemtrails have been sprayed on us? Will smokers band together after this happens and build a utopian society where everyone is required to smoke, ala anti-smoking campaign style?

So many questions.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by greydawn

No no no, you've got it all wrong.

It isn't about chemtrails, it's about global warming.

All those millions of little fires, you know, they raise the temperature.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
It's more "Big brother must protect you from everything."
Which ticks me off in a supposedly free country.
But now we have whole rooms of smokers that CAN'T light up because a non-smoker might show up.

Free my butt!

"Free my butt!" No pun intended?

Look I agree with you to some extent but smoking seems to be one of those "pleasures" that affect those around you not willing to partake. I mean it's not like I force you to take one gulp of my beer every time I take three. I'd like some say in what chemical clouds I am forced to breath If I can choose not to.

I think smoking in public is a selfish habit personally. If you wanna see "free butts" just look on the ground. There are tons of cigarette butts everywhere. Now if you wanna smoke in your car, or home, or what have you (and don't mind the risks, or the smells) then I'm all for it.

Light it up!

- Lee

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Because a good cigarette makes you feel good, makes your mouth taste like ash and gives you a nice numb feeling...

The government doesn't like pleasure! we cant have pleasure.

But in reality, everything is good in small doses, when you over-induldge on anything you are bound to have problems, be it drinking, smoking or having sex with many partners.

I smoke because i'm in the military which is a stressful enviroment, but I can quit whenever I want and I only smoke very little.

Nothing wrong with an occasional cigarette.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm a smoker as well. I've always been a considerate smoker as I do know that second hand smoke can be very irritating to a non-smoker.

I've heard the arguments about smoking as being a habit affecting others around them and agree wholeheartedly. I have no problems in stepping outside to enjoy my bad habit. I just wish people would return the courtesy and take their young, screaming, and misbehaved children out of restuarants as well. Yet, somehow, I'm expected to love those little darlins as much as the oblivious parents.

I also have to deal with those men and women who feel it necessary to bathe in colognes and perfurmes. I have to deal with those who think it lovely to blast their car stereo bass systems to the point where my ear drums hurt and I get headaches. And a plethora of other human habits and circumstances that certainly infringe on my ability to enjoy myself somewhere.

From a health stand-point, people ingest more poisons that the FDA has allowed into the food and water systems than what they'll ever inhale via second-hand smoke. Yet, we're not seeing insurance companies crack down on that. You don't see anti-smokers colelctively wrinkling their noses up over the amounts of MSG their willingly sucking down their gullets.

As for insurance companies and their justifications for anything -- they can kiss my rear. They're one of the largest problems we have in this country.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
GOVERNMENTS dont care about you....

If they were interested in you they would ban it, instead they do things like this...... to make MONEY....

(you think you have it tough over there, try the UK) -

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Smokers should organize and start a religion, form a church then file for tax exemption and become sheltered from discrimination under federal laws. Might even get some scholarships out of it.
Worked for Scientology....

Okay, a world wide organisation that promotes freedom to pollute one's lungs. I love it. Where do I sign up?

Edit: grammar!

[edit on 29-2-2008 by LovingSoul]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Let's face it america IS NOT AMERICA anymore....

we have the right to barm arm's.....
But don't smoke that cigarette..........

Shot someone by all meen's but Don't smoke lol

A guy caught drunk driving a car...Can get a hardship driver's lisence to drive to work.
A guy caught driving with no car insurance...Cant get a hardship liscence
or his liscence back untill he pay's his 2000 dollar fine.

Best law kentucky has here and is still on our law book's..

it is illegal to walk down the street with a icecream cone in your back pocket on sunday.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
my original point wasn't about all about the statistics and death rates from smoking, everyone knows it's bad, but about the chemicals in ciggarettes blocking the brainwashing that the government. This site is a perfect example. The people on ATS are out looking for the truth and asking questions that make people in politics nervous. Trying to get to the truth behind the conspiricy. The non-conformist if you will. And from reading the post here the majority of you are smokers, and out trying to figure out why everyone else is letting groups like the FDA pump us full of other chemicals (just as dangerous if not more) but not nicotine. As I recall floride is a poison and started in prisons where the government was testing it on prisoners. To make them more docile

top topics

<< 1   >>

join