It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 without a doubt!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
CHANGE

That's all it is.

2012 is not the result of the Maya running out of space on a 'stone', or some primitive calculation. Whatever body of wisdom was used by the Maya, we can also access, learn and understand. Often Spirituality is frowned upon, overlooked and taken childishly. WHY? Those who display those attitudes has not seen it for themselves, or incredibly closed minded not to.

We have all the things we need to achieve Ascension within ourselves. We are co-creators of reality and we are incredibly powerful. Extraterrestrials love us and honor us, and they patiently wait for us to join them in the greater galactic and universal neighborhood.

The only thing holding us back, is our EGO.

The Ego lives in the Mind, it fears change. When the Mind experiences change, there is uncertainty. Uncertainty leads to stress, stress leads to unconsciousness (drugs, TV (excessive), suicide etc). Unfortunately most of us live in the MIND, not our CONSCIOUSNESS. Resisting change is harmful, and most likely the reason for the death of many.

Do NOT fear change. It brings destruction when it is resisted, it brings evolution when it is accepted. Accept it, love it, and you will be fine.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
While I share the enthusiasm of being alive during these times, and assuming something drastic happens at the end of 2012, I will feel incredibly lucky, honored, special, whatever you want to call it, even if it's utterly miserable or it's my death. I'd know thats the end, and I was incarnated into this body, at this time and place, to experience it. The ultimate ticket to a show for a human soul, I mean its the ultimate spectacle, terrifying as it may seem. This should make anyone alive during these times feel special and chosen.

But, at the same time, it's also dangerous to assume something drastic will happen, a 75% world population reduction, massive global upheaval and disasters, one can become instilled with a sense of lost hope, false hope, or no hope. One can begin to stagnate, and think, why bother pushing myself to the limit to achieve what I need to achieve for myself to improve my standard of living and/or life, or that of my loved ones. Or, if i had some really bad habit, or an addiction, and convinced myself this will happen without a doubt, I could see how I might sucker myself into apathy and stagnation, waiting to die essentially.

But I DO think something big is going to happen. I dont know if millions will die, I have no freaking clue whats going to happen, but something will. Something significant, but I dont think its going to be all out destruction.

Alternatively, I buy the global conscious shift more so than global destruction, and here is why. Over the years, and it may be because I'm just growing older and wiser and experiencing and learning, but I really feel like something changed ever since roughly around 9/11. It was like the wool was pulled from the eyes, before there was no impending doom, now its all people think and talk about. But since then, the feelings i've felt, the changes i've noticed, have been utterly spiritual in nature, and positive at that. I truly feel as if something powerful yet subtle is at work, nudging me in the proper direction to improve and prepare myself, to purify myself, to better myself, almost as if .. I need to be "accepted" or "chosen" come time, it's weird. It's also a bit of preparation for potential of calamities, in which case I'd be a stronger person more capable of surviving.

But overall its been a very positive, mind opening experience. As the years go by, I learn so much, discover so much, change so much. Just 5 years ago, I was a humanist deist verging on atheist. I had no faith, didnt get into religion, spirituality, the history of either, the details of either. That all changed. So maybe this will be a peaceful thing, I can hope at least.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
Damn Straight!!!

I can not wait to ascend. A shift in realities. Upgrade in dimensions. Mind Blowing Experience Indeed. We are lucky to be a part of this Generation.

I couldnt have said it better myself,...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
What in the WORLD are you talking about?
Who knows when the world will end... who cares?
Look around you and take your eyes off your monitor for a few minutes.
Anything paranormal?
Can you see the future?
No.
You see regular every day life.
Do something productive.
Walk around and admire your home.
Look out the window and admire our planet.
Don't take anything for granted.
2012 isn't here yet.
If in your mind your positive life will end in that year, quit wasting your time worrying.
Get out there and live.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I dont look at it like planning for the apocalypse, I look at it as finding a way to live where if the apocalypse happened or not, in whatever sense, one would already be accustomed to living in peace with the earth not causing any disruption.
This by any means does not mean abandon learning or loving.
it means to pursue such with a much deeper respect and understanding.

This is not some kind of theory only held by those with no hope for things and are just wishing doom upon the world.

its only an apocalypse from certain points of view, outside those points of view, its more of a revealing of understanding.

the fact that the date has caused any increased number of awareness of spirituality in those who were previously ignorant to the subject, proves its point. and it definitely has.
now if nothing happens in 2012 "externally", to those of us just playing video games and chasing material desires, thats ok, Im not depending on a date for something to happen; as plenty has already happened internally.

now for a monk to look at the course of things and see the increase of spirituality in/on/around 2012, it would then be considered an external change for them.

who knows, ill being enjoying any bit of the experience dubbed life no matter where it takes us. and i definitely will not forget all i have learned along the way nor stop learning.
If anything, its a massive spiritual test, maybe if we disregard spirituality after "nothing happening materially" right on 2012, we fail our test of figuring out this is more than just a physical test of reality.
I just know what Ive experienced, I dont know anything else.

an enigma of a subject for sure. one of the last one of its time is it not? I mean, how many more predictions for "end of the world" do we have in the historical record? wouldnt this exaust all or most prophecy?
if someone has done this research, id love to hear it...off to look for myself as well

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
If in your mind your positive life will end in that year, quit wasting your time worrying.
Get out there and live.

this is some really good advice!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
2012 will be just another year. I will go to work just like always. Same goes for 2013 and so on. As of now there is really nothing to go on. Perhaps if there is some sort of world conflict later then maybe it has some credibility.

I am not going to buy into until I see something credible. Mayans aren't credible

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The less people put in the "if" factor.
The better.
=D

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjsteeler
I am not going to buy into until I see something credible. Mayans aren't credible

With all due respect, you don't know what your talking about.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
hehe, i havent noticed before, but now it seems that ol' bad wikipedia has it's own 2012 article:

check it out if you haven't already: wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli
CHANGE

EGO?

Is that like drones of people coming to a forum that reads "2012 without a doubt" that's all about people that have no doubt about the reality of 2012 phenomenon to discuss the events just so they can say "it isn't real"?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
To the OP, what is the point of your original post?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

The POINT of my Original post was to set up the theme for the thread.

The theme for the thread was that this could be a thread about "KNOWING" the reality of the 2012 phenomenon to be a real timeline and thus setting up a place for people whom have already accepted or already know to compair notes, talk about what their personal perspectives are and anything along that line.

It wasn't introduced as a place to offer up arguments as to "is not" and "is too".

It was my hopes that others that already know of the reality might share some info, talk about their favorite aspects, discuss the meaning in depth, and maybe give me a clue as to an aspect I might have overlooked.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

CHANGE

EGO?

Is that like drones of people coming to a forum that reads "2012 without a doubt" that's all about people that have no doubt about the reality of 2012 phenomenon to discuss the events just so they can say "it isn't real"?

Yes that, and all things that keep individuals from gaining all perspectives. Ignorance comes into play when Ego is dominant and also, when beliefs serve as a barrier against truth and knowledge.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Moegli

Yes, I understand that. I use terms like "selfserving perceptitual biases".

One must become compleatly objective as a rock to see the truth absolute.

This for me is a personal quest. Though I'm sure many people's EGOs would arguement toward my acchievement of such a goal, but then again they don't know me only the "me" that they set up in this own mind according to the way they wish to percieve my persona.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Halfway through the page someone posted "...Mayans aren't credible". I wonder if those who completely don't understand the calendar OR Spirituality think the same way and how it reflects their attitudes towards 2012.

By the way, the Maya was a remarkable civilization that flourished for more than 1000 years, even at their downfall the cause was not internally (like our civilization is turning out to be), but rather externally. Even now there are still about 8 million Maya scattered around the Yucatan, although only a minor percentage still follow their sacred traditions.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Halfway through the page someone posted "...Mayans aren't credible". I wonder if those who completely don't understand the calendar OR Spirituality think the same way and how it reflects their attitudes towards 2012.

You have to look at it Objectivly. There's no point in pointing out that the statement is compleatly ignoriant of any forethought or knowledge deeper then last sundays church services. That's a granted.

Look at the statement, and then look past it to see what is truly being said.

Credibility is one's ability to accuratly state a fact. When in court a "witness" is on the stand they try to ruin that persons "credibility" to swey the jury.

Such a statement of Mayan's aren't credible equates to a statement that our society isn't credible. Really it doesn't make much sense at all.

The very act of that statement is out of fear. It's the Fear that the Mayan's might have known what they were talking about that makes a person want to "discredit" them in their own minds. They then try to perswade others to see it their way because our society has told them majority rules.

again, this thread is suposed to be for people that already know.

Too many people want to believe if they can just convince others it isn't real, that will make it not real.

I think I understand however there is something at the core of our beings that already has understandings, and too many "know" but refuse to want to see what it is they already know so they "run" away from it and thus must deny it on threads established for people that already know.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
When one realizes that Ego has completely overcome them, self contemplation is necessary to further loosen the bond between Consciousness and Mind. A lot of us assume we are damned and cursed as a race when the truth is the complete opposite. We are all connected. The Ego Mind; a product of 'Monkey' evolution is survival based, a tool to make out differences between things, the only thing that separates us as true Conscious beings.

Leading up to 2012, we shed our survival Mind which dominated us throughout our existence, and live in infinite awareness where Time ceases to be perceived.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
Truth, the Universes are always going through evolutionary changes. All time, even though there is no such thing as time

If this is true then there is no universe, there is no truth, there can be now change, no evolution. Just nothingness. And so those that say they know, don't.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
With all these claims to have done in-depth research and to "know" the Mayan civilization, I would expect someone to at least know that the Mayan calendar doesn't end in 2012 at all.

Source
Inscriptions beyond 2012

Maya stela occasionally show dates beyond 2012. Most of these are in the form of "distance dates", where a Long Count date is given with a distance date to be added. For example, on the Tablet of Inscriptions from Palenque the following Long Count date was found: 9.8.9.13.0 8 Ahau 13 Pop (24 March 603 Gregorian) with a distance date of 10.11.10.5.8. The resulting date is given as 1.0.0.0.0.8 5 Lamat 1 Mol,[10] or 21 October 4772 – almost 3,000 years into the future. The king Pacal of Palenque predicted that on this date the eightieth Calendar Round anniversary of his accession will be celebrated, suggesting he did not believe the world would end in 2012.[11]

Summary

Despite the publicity generated by the 2012 date, Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We [the archaeological community] have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012.[12]

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Fla. To render Dec. 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."[13]

The Mayan calendar completes it's cycle (20th Baktun) in October 4772 AD. If the Mayans themselves didn't predict anything happening in 2012, that pretty much makes the whole thing bunk. If anyone can show an actual inscription or verified Mayan document that makes ANY prediction about 2012 I'll be willing to believe there's some merit to this. But the reverse should be true also. If there is no verifiable piece of evidence - a writing, carving, artwork, anything that can be verified as Mayan period and a definite prediction relating to 2012, then you all should be willing to admit there's no basis for believing anything will happen in 2012.

It's a simple challenge, is anyone up to it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join