It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 without a doubt!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacious

See, now your question was an insult.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Well you got your wish then. You are free to be personally offended. Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Let's just say the poet once said: "It's better to burn out then fade away".

I thought that came from one of the Highlander movies

End of the world, well at least it gets rid of all the chavs so there is some good news

Wolfie

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What a lot of people have said is rubbish in my opinion, there is no way of telling the future, no matter how many "Spiritually tuned," people have said.

Why can't the Mayans do something useful and predict lottery numbers?

On the side of "It's only change." Well now, that is just stupid, it was said, if I remember, 75% percent of EVERYONE would die. That is DEFINATELY an apocalypse, (To an extent.) Everyone says that they will ride a long with it fine, brushing away the fact it will never happen, even though if their family is currently alive, and they have a brother OR sister, it's most probable that EVERYONE in your family will die, maybe you'll get one sibling coming from a family of 4.

People say that they will be honored. If this bunk "Revolution," (That's what it is, think the first Russian revolution,) happens, I'd love to see them standing there screaming as their family died infront of them.

Might sound a little drastic, and I'm blatantly not SO extreme on the point, but it stands none the less.

N.B. Don't say that I have my mainstream government induced biases. You're simply wrong. The only people that claim others have biases without knowing the aforementioned person are biased themselves, and ignorant, which goes against the main theme. I choose not to support this, THEORY, becuase it doesn't look like it has anything to back it up.

Did the Mayans specifically write that the world would end? Or did they succumb to the human limit of not being able to write out infinite numbers?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Words man words,

YOU do not Judge my words. You Judge the words you percieved I used in the context of your choice perception of biases. They don't hand out enlightenment with masters degrees. Realize what you think I said is just that. What I said requires more then a quick glance.

I do Know. I was born knowing. Should I lie about this? I don't talk about it because people don't understand it. People don't understand alot of things they understand.

People can know they will get the job. People can know their spouce is cheating on them. People know things. Why don't people know that other people know things diffrently then they do?

I'm not here to hold your hand and walk you down the path to merry merry go villes lane. Sometimes a slap upside your head makes you open your eyes quicker then a soft touch. Opened eyes is what is needed here and now, because the sicle is comming to swoop down over mankind and if a man's eyes are not opened they will not know when to duck. They will be among the beheaded (conscious), not that it will be a great loss to humanity.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
there's an interesting folklore tale I remember being told growing up.

There was once this small village out in the middle of nowhere, travelers rarely passed through. One day a caravan of gypsies stopped by on their way to another town. The gypsies stayed for a couple of weeks, on one day, one of the locals decided to stop by and talk with one of them who claimed to be a fortune teller. She had said with a scared look that this small village was doomed and would burn to the ground and that the whole town should move if it is to survive.

The local (whom in some versions is just a local farmer, and in others is a priest) was so afraid she was right, he started telling everyone in the town of the ominous future of this little town. It had been a couple of months since the gypsie caravan had left and nothing had really happened or changed. The local still preached that the end was near and that if they didn't listen, then they would all perish. Well as "fate" would have it, on his way to yet another one of his preachings to try and plead to the locals, he had accidentally stumbled upon some gas lamps (this also changes depending on where you hear it from), nobody was really aware of it until it was too late because they were too busy taunting the local. The locals did survive, but they no longer had a village and eventually did have to move, "just as the fortune teller said".

What some people may not get from this tale, is that the local/priest, because of his obsession with the demise of his small village, he ended up ignoring things that he would be more prone to noticing had his mind not been fettered with paranoia. In other words... sometimes we ourselves can become our own worse enemies because we might end up making our prophecies become self fulfilling without even meaning to.

Another tale I've been told, was of a man who was once told by a gypsy that he would die at the hands of a scorpion. The man took her warning so seriously that he became very obsessive and cautious, making sure not to go into the jungle, gardens, zoos, rivers etc. etc. He figured that if he could avoid ever being near ANY scorpions, then he'd cheat death.

Well as "fate" would again have it, he once ended up at a small festival in his town, he was enjoying himself until one of the clowns in the festival decided as a gag, to thorw a fake, plastic scorpion at this man. The man was so scared of this thing, he couldn't distinguish that this was a toy, and so he had a massive heart attack and died.

Again, as with the other tale, we have an individual that became so obsessed with this prediction that, rather than continue living life to its fullest, he ended up fulfilling his own demise.

Now, am I saying this will happen in 2012? don't know really, but I thought it would be good food for thought to those actually looking forward to the demise of 90% of the human population. As the old saying goes "be careful what you wish for"

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To say that what we are about to experience has been experienced all the time throughout human history is ridiculous.

Technology:

The Law of Accelerating Returns: The evolutionary process is an exponential growth process. Exponential means that there will be a singularity point in time. Using Moore's Law (the founder of Intel) the mathematical point when computer processing speeds exceed that of a human brain. BTW, once it hits the processing speeds of a human brain, 18 months later it will not be twice the processing speed of the brain, but the processing speed of the brain X processing speed of the brain. It has hit singularity. That date has been calculated to be sometime in the second decade of 2000. So thats between 2010-2020. www.kurzweilai.net...

The Technological Singularity: Same concept originally calculated by writer and mathematician Vernor Vinge. Written in 1993, Vinge calculates that: Within thirty years, we will have the technological means to create superhuman intelligence. Shortly after, the human era will be ended. www-rohan.sdsu.edu...

The Current Climate Changes Presently Occurring on all Planetary Bodies in Our Solar System. Numerous information can be found: oneplanetonelife.com...
and www.enterprisemission.com...

Global Warming on Earth: Results in runaway greenhouse effect. oneplanetonelife.com...

6th Mass Extinction: The biggest and fastest mass extinction in the entire life of Earth is occurring right now. At no other time since life has been on Earth has there been more species of life going extinct. The rate of species going extinct is faster than any extinction before. Including that of the dinosaurs. oneplanetonelife.com...

The reality of the existence and contact with Extraterrestrials will finally be disclosed.

Bigger catastrophes and increasing frequency of them do to global warming, ecological damage, increasing human population, El Nino, etc.

Bizarre weather patterns, which we will witness to a much greater degree beginning this year.

Cloning, Stem Cell regeneration, Zero Point Energy, destabilization of governments, supercomputers, nuclear weapons technology within the grasp of extremists, etc.

Pole Shift resulting in Earth's magnetic field basically turning to chaos while shifting. This will result in one massive EMP pulse that makes everything powered by electricity to cease working. Including automobiles with computer chips in them.

Solar Cycle 24: The most violent and active solar cycle known is occurring right now, with its peak activity dated Dec. 2012. science.nasa.gov...

On and on and on...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by McKennalite

Come on! Its like you all WANT there to be some cataclysm in 2012! Its not going to happen. Sure, there will be terrible disasters, but they will just keep on happening - they happen all the time; its just whichever ones the media makes the biggest deal about we take as the 'important' ones. I've read every thread and scrap of info I can find about 2012, and I admit, it is really very tempting to actually want something major to happen - to rearrange things. But, really, non of the 'evidence' I have seen stands up to even half-hearted scrutiny.

There are lots of theories, lots of interesting fragments of puzzling 'evidence' but I honestly believe I have found NOTHING worthy of getting in a fuss about.

I really think its more about the human condition, and elements of hummanity who don't fit in or like things the way they are simply wishing for something to change things for them. Its becoming a bit scary in a religious kind of way.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm not here to hold your hand and walk you down the path to merry merry go villes lane. Sometimes a slap upside your head makes you open your eyes quicker then a soft touch.

You don't have to hold my hand or slap my face, just a simple piece of evidence will do it. Why is it that you and the other 'believers' can't point to a single Mayan artifact that proves that there's even a prediction involving 2012?

Surely there must be something?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

I'm not here to hold your hand and walk you down the path to merry merry go villes lane. Sometimes a slap upside your head makes you open your eyes quicker then a soft touch.

You don't have to hold my hand or slap my face, just a simple piece of evidence will do it. Why is it that you and the other 'believers' can't point to a single Mayan artifact that proves that there's even a prediction involving 2012?

Surely there must be something?

Just go up to what I just posted. Any one of those topics, by itself, is a world changing event. I've listed scientists and researchers, including NASA! to back up most of those events. It is youthat are in denial. It is not stuff that is being made up, it is events that are happening now. You are in extreme denial and no matter what proof is brought forward, you will not, cannot, comprehend that something might drastically change your view or belief about your world.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
First post so be gentle...

I am skeptical that the "sh*t is going to hit the fan" on any given day in 2012, maybe things will happen, probably not. people were even more pannicked with Y2K, which came and went like every other year...

but lets say that something is going to happen, where do you think the safest place (U.S. or International) is when natural disasters, whatever hits.

Logic tells me away from coasts, tornado areas, or places with cold climates, which leads me to something arizona-ish ( i live in L.A. ), maybe a little further in. any thoughts?

I'd imagine if something did happen, that certain areas which are more economically and geographically leveraged will come out on top.

So should I move inland and invest in a boat, monster truck, and a sturdy house on top of a mountain?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LosAngel

No you shouldn't! We have no evidence of impending doom.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sickscent
Just go up to what I just posted. Any one of those topics, by itself, is a world changing event. I've listed scientists and researchers, including NASA! to back up most of those events. It is youthat are in denial. It is not stuff that is being made up, it is events that are happening now. You are in extreme denial and no matter what proof is brought forward, you will not, cannot, comprehend that something might drastically change your view or belief about your world.

Oh please.. why is a collection of totally unrelated links to dubious websites always presented as 'proof' along with the tired old claim that 'you can't comprehend it if you don't accept it as truth'? So NASA says this solar cycle will be more active than the last ones. This is somehow proof that Mayans predicted the world would end (sorry, 75% of the world will end) in 2012?

A few pages back I proposed a simple challenge. Just present one verifiable Mayan artifact that contains a prediction about 2012. Nobody has done that so far. Why not?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LosAngel

I believe places where high UFO activity happen are better places to be. The facts of the matter is that you don't really know what will be happening first then second. I like Phx Az to extream west Tx as a safe belt.

There will be enough EMP activity to go around so anything with a computer chip is unrelyable. Unforntually this includes 99% of all vehicles.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
22 Questioner: What is the density level of our planet Earth at this time?

Ra: I am Ra. The sphere upon which you dwell is third density in its beingness of mind/body/spirit complexes. It is now in a space/time continuum, fourth density. This is causing a somewhat difficult harvest.

13.23 Questioner: How does a third-density planet become a fourth density planet?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last full question.

The fourth density is, as we have said, as regularized in its approach as the striking of a clock upon the hour. The space/time of your solar system has enabled this planetary sphere to spiral into space/time of a different vibrational configuration. This causes the planetary sphere to be able to be molded by these new distortions. However, the thought-forms of your people during this transition period are such that the mind/body/spirit complexes of both individual and societies are scattered throughout the spectrum instead of becoming able to grasp the needle, shall we say, and point the compass in one direction.

Thus, the entry into the vibration of love, sometimes called by your people the vibration of understanding, is not effective with your present societal complex. Thus, the harvest shall be such that many will repeat the third-density cycle. The energies of your Wanderers, your teachers, and your adepts at this time are all bent upon increasing the harvest. However, there are few to harvest.

14.14 Questioner: Would there be any value to the people of this planet now to complete this machine?

Ra: I am Ra. The harvest is now. There is not at this time any reason to include efforts along these distortions toward longevity, but rather to encourage distortions toward seeking the heart of self, for this which resides clearly in the violet-ray energy field will determine the harvesting of each mind/body/spirit complex.

14.27 Questioner: I assume that as the cycle ends and inconveniences occur, there will be some entities who start seeking or be catalyzed into seeking because of the trauma and will then hear your words telepathically or in written form such as this book. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct except in understanding that the inconveniences have begun.

16.11 Questioner: Is there a harvest of entities oriented toward service to self like there is a harvest of those oriented toward service to others?

Ra: I am Ra. There is one harvest. Those able to enter fourth density through vibrational complex levels may choose the manner of their further seeking of the One Creator.

16.12 Questioner: Then as we enter the fourth density there will be a split, shall we say, and part of the individuals who go into the fourth density will go into planets or places where there is service to others and part will go into places where there is service to self.

Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

16.36 Questioner: I am assuming that it is not necessary for an individual to understand the Law of One to go from the third to the fourth density. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. It is absolutely necessary that an entity consciously realize it does not understand in order for it to be harvestable. Understanding is not of this density.

16.37 Questioner: That is a very important point. I used the wrong word. What I meant to say was that I believed that it was not necessary for an entity to be consciously aware of the Law of One to go from the third to the fourth density.

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

17.1 Questioner: Thank you very much. I would like to say again that we consider it a great honor, privilege, and duty to be able to do this particular work. I would like to reiterate that some of my questions may seem irrelevant at times, but I am trying to ask them in a manner so as to gain a foothold into the application of the Law of One.

We are now in the fourth density. Will the effects of the fourth density increase in the next thirty years? Will we see more changes in our environment and our effect upon our environment?

Ra: I am Ra. The fourth density is a vibrational spectrum. Your time/space continuum has spiraled your planetary sphere and your, what we would call galaxy, what you call star, into this vibration. This will cause the planetary sphere itself to electromagnetically realign its vortices of reception of the in-streaming of cosmic forces expressing themselves as vibrational webs so that the Earth thus be fourth-density magnetized, as you may call it.

This is going to occur with some inconvenience, as we have said before, due to the energies of the thought-forms of your peoples which disturb the orderly constructs of energy patterns within your Earth spirals of energy which increases entropy and unusable heat. This will cause your planetary sphere to have some ruptures in its outer garment while making itself appropriately magnetized for fourth density. This is the planetary adjustment.

You will find a sharp increase in the number of people, as you call mind/body/spirit complexes, whose vibrational potentials include the potential for fourth-vibrational distortions. Thus, there will seem to be, shall we say, a new breed. These are those incarnating for fourth-density work.

There will also be a sharp increase in the short run of negatively oriented or polarized mind/body/spirit complexes and social complexes, due to the polarizing conditions of the sharp delineation between fourth-density characteristics and third-density self-service orientation.

Those who remain in fourth density upon this plane will be of the so-called positive orientation. Many will come from elsewhere, for it would appear that with all the best efforts of the Confederation, which includes those from your peoples’ inner planes, inner civilizations, and those from other dimensions, the harvest will still be much less than this planetary sphere is capable of comfortably supporting in service.

17.15 Questioner: I would like to make a point clear now that I am sure of myself. The people of this planet, following any religion or no religion at all, or having no intellectual knowledge at all of the Law of One, can still be harvested into the fourth density if they are of that vibration. Is that not correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. However, you will find few who are harvestable whose radiance does not cause others to be aware of their, what you may call, spirituality, the quality of the mind/body/spirit complex distortion. Thus, it is not particularly probable that an entity would be completely unknown to his immediate acquaintances as an unusually radiant personality, even were this individual not caught up in any of the distortions of your so-called religious systems.

17.23 Questioner: Can you tell me why you say that the Earth will be fourth density positive instead of fourth density negative since there seems to be much negativity here now?

Ra: I am Ra. The Earth seems to be negative. That is due to the quiet, shall we say, horror which is the common distortion which those good or positively oriented entities have towards the occurrences which are of your time/space present. However, those oriented and harvestable in the ways of service to others greatly outnumber those whose orientation towards service to self has become that of harvestable quality.

17.24 Questioner: In other words there will be fewer negative entities than positive entities harvested into the fourth density. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The great majority of your peoples will repeat third density.

17.29 Questioner: Am I to understand that the harvest is to occur in the year 2,011, or will it be spread out?

Ra: I am Ra. This is an approximation. We have stated we have difficulty with your time/space. This is an appropriate probable/possible time/space nexus for harvest. Those who are not in incarnation at this time will be included in the harvest.

17.31 Questioner: I don’t wish to take up extra time asking questions over again. Some areas I consider important enough in relation to the Law of One to ask questions in a different way in order to get another perspective in the answer.

In the book Oahspe it states that if an entity goes over fifty one percent service to others and is less than fifty percent service to self, then that entity is harvestable. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct if the harvesting is to be for the positive fourth dimensional level.

17.32 Questioner: What is to be the entity’s percentage if he is to be harvested for the negative?

Ra: I am Ra. The entity who wishes to pursue the path of service to self must attain a grade of five, that is five percent service to others, ninety-five percent service to self. It must approach totality. The negative path is quite difficult to attain harvestability upon and requires great dedication.

17.33 Questioner: Why is the negative path so much more difficult to attain harvestability upon than the positive?

Ra: I am Ra. This is due to a distortion of the Law of One which indicates that the gateway to intelligent infinity be a gateway at the end of a straight and narrow path as you may call it. To attain fifty-one percent dedication to the welfare of other-selves is as difficult as attaining a grade of five percent dedication to otherselves. The, shall we say, sinkhole of indifference is between those two.

17.34 Questioner: Then if an entity is harvested into the fourth density with a grade of fifty-one percent for others and forty-nine percent for self, what level of the fourth density would he go into? I am assuming that there are different levels of the fourth density.

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. Each enters that sub-density which vibrates in accordance with the entity’s understanding.

17.41 Questioner: At this time, near the end of the cycle, how are reincarnations into the physical allocated, shall we say, on this planet?

Ra: I am Ra. Entities wishing to obtain critically needed experience in order to become harvestable are incarnated with priority over those who will, without too much probable/possible doubt, need to re-experience this density.

17.42 Questioner: How long has this type of allocation been going on?

Ra: I am Ra. This has been going on since the first individual entity became conscious of its need to learn the lessons of this density. This was the beginning of what you may call a seniority by vibration.

www.lawofone.info...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

DEBUNKED!!! Zecharia Sitchin misinterpreted. And I'm not saying that out of fear. Why fear the end of the world? It could happen at any given moment. We could get swallowed up by an undetected black hole, a Tsunami, I could walk outside and get hit by a car. The End! The world is yours. live it up! When your gone it's gone.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by hydro5]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The great majority of your peoples will repeat third density.

Thus, the entry into the vibration of love, sometimes called by your people the vibration of understanding, is not effective with your present societal complex. Thus, the harvest shall be such that many will repeat the third-density cycle. The energies of your Wanderers, your teachers, and your adepts at this time are all bent upon increasing the harvest. However, there are few to harvest.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Reevster]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by Sickscent

Oh please.. why is a collection of totally unrelated links to dubious websites always presented as 'proof' along with the tired old claim that 'you can't comprehend it if you don't accept it as truth'? So NASA says this solar cycle will be more active than the last ones. This is somehow proof that Mayans predicted the world would end (sorry, 75% of the world will end) in 2012?

A few pages back I proposed a simple challenge. Just present one verifiable Mayan artifact that contains a prediction about 2012. Nobody has done that so far. Why not?

Dubious websites? You obviously didn't visit them. They supply you with tons of information with links to credible news stories and leaders in highly respectable government and religious positions.

Come on, you people that deny this stuff make me crazy. You are the ones not looking into it because you have this fear that something might change your world view. You can read quotes from Presidents, CIA Directors, religious leaders, telling you that certain things are a reality, and you will still deny it! Amazing. Get over your ego and do some research. You could be enlightened. Oh, but that would go against everything you believe in. Its better to deny, deny, deny.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sickscent

I'll take that as a no, you can't provide any evidence that the Mayans ever made a prediction about 2012. Thanks for trying anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

My understanding of 2012 is that it's NOT end of the world... it is the end of the world as we know. We are moving into the fourth density (Time) which explains the speed up of time and random effect on time as of few years ago (it has already began). It is the end of 2500 year cycle, we are moving into a new cycle. As far as astronomical explanations goes, Planet X (dwarf star, a mystery star) is said to pass by earth very closely. This pass can create a shift in earths polar, which can cause HUGE storms for a while. But the bright side is that this polar shift can also relate to us moving into 4th dimensions as it will effect "time" as we know it. And lastly the visitation of our neighbor "alien" friends, they've said to reveal themselves to mass public by around 2012.

My personal thoughts are that the reasons Mayan calender ends on 2012 is because we will be able to create a working time machine by then, which explains the missing of time (end of time), as time will be irrelevant with capability of "time machine" (see one of my threads on Russia announcing time machine). Anyhow I think it's going to a very exciting time in our lives, the fact that we are here (alive) for this 2500 year cycle, it's a gift of its own.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by freighttrain]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join