page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by writtenimage
In my opinion, 2012 is another Y2K.

But it's not. It's distinctly different.

I know it is not
You know it is not.
They are going to believe what they want to believe. If I had a dime for every time I heard that thoughtless argument, I'd have a very large pile of dimes.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think 2012 is just a date in time that all these skeptics rely on to find their hope for "change" in the same way many of them believe that "lighter beings" that are more intelligent than us are going to come save us.

As a believer that Aliens are just demons sent to distract us from the real troubles at hand, I see 2012 as nothing more than a mere "date" for us to look forward too. Due to the Mayan calender ending on this date, and other ancient prophecies talking about this time, many people think there is going to be something massive. I doubt this very much. People are deceiving themselves when they put hope in a date or aliens. Get real. Find God. Oh wait, am I getting religious? Sorry.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

It's the research that is so much fun!

The more you research the more there is to research. It is like the "never ending story" but backward. The only thing that stops you is the lost times, but even then there's other ways of getting around it.

Things I found funny were like the biblical "end time" and the Mayan calendar stopping or time "ending". I find that stuff Ironic.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If you've not yet checked it out, find you way to the "Cross of Henday".

Spelling Edit (Hendaye Cross)

Very intresting stuff.

www.hermeticinstitute.org...

"Jay Weidner "
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I disagree...I think the time theory is way off for 2012...and it definitely wont be the end of the world. I agree there will be changes- but disagree that we're all going to die. Who knows...BOTH of our opinions hold no real water in the end until the day we know for sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

We can agree. We are not all going to die. The planet and mankind will still be around. However I know my conscept of 2012 holds water. It is after all the age of aquarius. It better.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I really like Terrence McKenna's novelty theory, it makes me want to go back to school for math just to see how intricate the irony gets! its absolutely fascinating!

www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
2012 is about spirituality and looking to your inner self. Comparisons to Y2K show a complete misunderstanding of the concept of 2012. Change is happening now in all of us, whether you realize it or not. We are becoming more conscious, more in tune to the cosmos, and that's part of the master plan of creation.

If your expecting some major world changing event to happen you might be disappointed when 12/21/12 comes and nothing of the sort occurs. However I do feel that changes are happening and at an ever increasing rate. And that it seems to be leading us to 2012. Technology has fostered this change. Take the internet as an example.

The internet has connected the world. One in NYC can talk with one in Singapore or Italy or Alaska...doesn't matter. Distance no longer matters. Barriers to information no longer exist. We can all share ideas and information now with the click of a button. We have become a global community( ATS e.g). We are becoming one. This is the idea behind 2012 and more importantly this is the way it supposed to happen because it's the path of creation, of the cosmos.

There is a 6 hr presentation on this idea given by Ian Xel Lungold. Yes its long so digest it in portions. He explains it all very well and in relation to the Mayan Calendar. His 'end' date is to occur in Oct of 2011. If you care to learn about it then check out the videos here.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

PS He does make mention of a cashless system by 2007, obviously this hasnt happened, but his explanation of creation's purpose for us is what's important.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
Damn Straight!!!

I can not wait to ascend. A shift in realities. Upgrade in dimensions. Mind Blowing Experience Indeed. We are lucky to be a part of this Generation.

Ditto

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
can i ask a question...

will 2012 happen first day of 2012 or sometime in the middle or at the end leading into 2013

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well as I hear an believe it, this is alot of understanding thru just plain common sense, human kind cannot progress much in a productive manner if we continue on the course of thinking we conduct ourselves on a day to day, the masses are seeing this, an things will change just by the pure thought of it. We will this change, we create our reality.

There are more people on this world who want a unified togethernes, no culture changes no religious affairs just a no walls no border no problems, of course there will be problems but there must still be balance somehow. We will all understand a common belief that if we are to continue to be human, that we will work together an live together as such.

*ques the doogie howser ending *
And together We shall overcome all odds, an prevail as a intelectual and wise entity.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

By the time 2012 arrives, much will have happened already.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Light Beams Walking In The Valley Of Darkness

Indeed EyesWideShut, Indeed

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't know guys but i've been having dreams given by nature about the goings on of today's news... I personally think that "Time" is what distracts us from living. Our age, the minutes, hours, days, months, years...whose to say thats the EXACT time we should live in, science? pfft yea studies that were found 10 years ago are now proven false so i dont think thats it.

And "evil" had to start in England B.C. We never ever in school learned about England in B.C. Did we? Evidence to support time and the beginning: the clock tower in london

clocks have consumed us! To tell us how long we got to live, to tell us how much or how many is...numbers are symbols and they repeat after 1-9 (ex. 10-19, 20-29 and etc.) so time is looping...Im not saying time is wrong, but it has a negative effect and today in America, we're enslaved by time by our jobs and doctors...plus they say "history will end", not the world or anything maybe history..maybe 2,000 years of the story Jesus ends because we'll throw away history...screw the famous people cause thats what we all do now. stereotyping against each other...

I think Mayans knew why they ended it in 2012, it's cause they planned it. Thye were the masters of time and they made a clock to ensure the "self enlightened" to act against a cause. I dunno what the cause is yet but it's safe to say that 2012 is to wait. Prophecies and etc say that during that time, the wrong doings of media (like famous people and money), time, governing and etc. is gonna end!

Btw I am an Aquarius....and thoughts?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Lets just say for the hell of it nothing happens in 2012. What will you have to say then. There has to be another "for sure" end of the world date..and another.........and another....so on. Look, I will be the first to eat my boot if my toaster come to life in 2012 and tries to eat me. In fact I will believe anything after that. But a bunch of naked indians sitting around a fire and looking up at the sky, does not science make. IMHO...........I could be wrong....I usually am

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
December 21, 2012, will be as follows:

(If you're not on holidays)

* You'll wake up

* You'll have a bowl of wheaties

* You'll go to work

* You'll pay your mortgage

* You'll pay your taxes

* You'll buy something

* You'll remember all of those 2012 threads and go "I remember that guy... he predicted I'd eat wheaties this morning!"

Everything will keep spinning.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here is a word of advice. Go get a good education - work and study hard. Manage your money wisely. Make yourself some really good friends. Get a girlfriend/boyfriend or spouse. Try to find a job you love. Get your life, family and finances together before you get old. Do not plan on the world ending. Doomsday prophecies come and go like the seasons. After they are gone we are only left with the people who did nothing to better their life because they believe the world was going to end. But do not worry. After this date doesn't pan out there will always be 2019, 2020, 2029, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You think 75% of the Earth's popluation will die? Here's something to think about...say you know it will be ugly in 2012 and you have a kid between now and then. The kid dies and meets up with you in whatever other world and is ticked off at you for being responsible for their birth. The kid would say why did you bring me into this world knowing that my chances of living out a full life were slim, what kind of conceited jack off are you. Now if nothing happens in 2012, then you have a story to tell your kid when they get older and your kid will think their dad is a moron.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Here is a word of advice. Go get a good education - work and study hard. Manage your money wisely. Make yourself some really good friends. Get a girlfriend/boyfriend or spouse. Try to find a job you love. Get your life, family and finances together before you get old. Do not plan on the world ending. Doomsday prophecies come and go like the seasons. After they are gone we are only left with the people who did nothing to better their life because they believe the world was going to end. But do not worry. After this date doesn't pan out there will always be 2019, 2020, 2029, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

but if the world doesn't end I will have to come to grips and save money. OH NO!!

I say in agreement
Planning on apocalypse is unwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join