It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on the mark of the beast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
First let me say I am not a religious person nor do I necessarily beleive in predictions and prophecies of the book of revelations. With that being said my question is this.
Could the mark of the beast be the anointing of oil?
As I understand it annointing is done by the right hand to the forehead. Presumably this would be for people that are sick and in need of a blessing, but could it have a more sinister use/meaning to it. I hope you all understand what I'm trying to ask with my question. Please leave any and all opinions (unless they are personal attacks) as I love to hear them all.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well the term Mark of the Beast comes from the Bible, so I will give a Biblical answer.

No-

Rev. 13:17
so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

It doesn't follow that oil on the forehead would work for that...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Catholic priests will bless a person by drawing a cross, with an oil dipped finger tip, onto the subject's forehead.
I have had this done, to me, once, and I am sure that I have not recieved the "mark of the beast".
First, you would have to believe that the cross is the mark of the beast, and that the church is the beast.
The beasts, in bible prophesy, represent powerfull human governments that are in opposition to God.
The final world government is one that will want to control every aspect of it's human subject's lives, and will make them virtual slaves.
The mark of the beast is symbolic of the state of slavery.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Mark of the Beast is explained in the Bible, or in other words, the Bible clearly explains what is meant by having a mark on your right hand and your forehead.

How God describes the Passover sacrifice and the festival's observance:
Exodus 13:6 For seven days eat bread made without yeast and on the seventh day hold a festival to the Lord. [...] 9 This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that the law of the Lord is to be on your lips. For the Lord brought you out of Egypt with his mighty hand. [...] 16 And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand."

The Mark of the Beast is contrary to the Mark of God. Cain is known to carry the Mark of God in his forehead. The Mark of the Beast is connected to the Abomination of Desolation which Daniel speaks of, which is the Image of the Beast, an idol which can speak (TV? The Pope was the first person to broadcast a television show). It refers to a hethen law or ceremony which is contrary in nature to Passover and Sabbath observance. The Catholics invented Easter and practice Sunday worship. Just a thought.

In 167 BC the Syrian king Antiochus Epiphanes IV raised a pagan altar in the courtyard in front of the Temple, uppon which he sacrificed a pig to his gods. This resulted in the Jewish priesthood stopping the daily sacrifice, and they had to clean the sanctuary anew. Many see this as the fulfillment of Daniel, but he mentions it in several contexts as if it happens more than once.

False Passover worship is the Mark of the Beast. Passover is to remember how God freed the Hebrews from Egypt, and the sacrifice is done to bring the firstborns under the authority of God as a debt for God killing the Egyptian firstborns. Easter practise say that Jews sinned against the Passover Sabbath. To the Jews all Passover is concidered a Sabbath to the Lord, and Passover started thursday the particular year Jesus was executed. This only fits with 30 AD. And reading John we learn that Jesus was executed on Erev Pesach, on the Preparation Day before Passover. That would be Wednesday 3rd of April, 30AD. Not on "Good Friday" in other words. Why would they call the day Good Friday anyway? Jesus is supposed to have been killed on that day.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The mark of the beast is circumcision. Look through the bible and see that animals are referred to as beasts. Unlike most animals, humans are born with a foreskin. Removal of the foreskin is the mark of the beast.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
That's just silly. Elephants and horses aren't animals in your world?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by finnegan

so your saying that no female can have the mark of the beast

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've never seen an elephant or horse with a foreskin like an uncircumsized human, but then I haven't looked that much. What do they look like in your world?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

I don't think so unless there's some other thing to associate with animals. It's not so terrible though, circumcision isn't really all it's cut out to be.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

i gotta ask, does this mean that, at some stage before the end of time, you believe we will have to wear our circumcised foreskin on our heads or arms in order to buy and sell?

it also occours to me that this would mean jesus, as a circumcised jew, would have had the mark of the beast on him, thats terribly confusing.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Abraham too, Moses, Elijah, Daniel, Isaiah, not to mention Jesus. All of them being circumcised, going to hell on finnegan's command, while Hitler and the pope sits in heaven with their foreskins glued to their foreheads rejoicing over the rightiousness of God. Most animals actually have forskins. Like the dog for instance. The cat has a different approach, it retracts the penis keeping it inside his body. God knows what happens to the cats. They are probably like me, In Limbo, somewhere inbetween heaven and hell.

Circumcision is a cure against smegma and fongus. Common in the Middle-East because of the warm and dense climate. It can lead to infections in the vagina and turn a woman barren. Just what was the deal with Sarah. God treated Abraham for an afliction, and made it a pact for all of the children of Abraham.

This is about the silliest thing I've ever heared. Are you an anti-semite, finnegan? Or just plain and simply ignorant.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darksiderider316
First let me say I am not a religious person nor do I necessarily beleive in predictions and prophecies of the book of revelations. With that being said my question is this.
Could the mark of the beast be the anointing of oil?
As I understand it annointing is done by the right hand to the forehead. Presumably this would be for people that are sick and in need of a blessing, but could it have a more sinister use/meaning to it. I hope you all understand what I'm trying to ask with my question. Please leave any and all opinions (unless they are personal attacks) as I love to hear them all.

hello

Let me give you three examples of Gods Mark he gives his people for protection when he is giving a punishment to those around them.

1) The Passover

Exodus 12:13

And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

2) The Battle of Jericho

Behold, when we come into the land, thou shalt bind this line of scarlet thread in the window which thou didst let us down by: and thou shalt bring thy father, and thy mother, and thy brethren, and all thy father's household, home unto thee.

3) Slaughter of the wicked in Ezekiel

And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof

I gave these as Satan will always try to be like the most High so he will have his version of everything and as similar as possible to fool others

like the Statue in Nebuchadnezzar wanted everyone including Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to worship

Revalation 13:17

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Too much emphisis is paced on one aspect, the Mar, when it is all three

personally i think it could be like a rank system such as (just an example)

The Name = those who worship satan now

The number = those who go on to worship knowing he is satan

the mark = those who rebel against him

or any permutation of the above.

all the best

David

[edit on 9/4/2008 by drevill]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
666 is a number that is important in mathematics to describe our existance in a universe.
I do not remember the details, but I heard this argument, once, I think on Coast to Coast and it seemed to make a lot of sense to me, at the time.
I think there is a hidden message inside this prophesy, it is not a secret but was not possible to fully understand, at the time that it was given.
It says it is the number of man and we need to take this literaly.
My personal opinion is that it is a reference to the head of the beast that blasphemes against God and thinks to change times and laws.
If we accept as our leader a man who has the title of the replacement of god on this earth, we are worshiping man and this earth and we are stuck with 666 being our number and not being able to ever rise above this matrix that we find ourslves intangeled with.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
666 is a so called triangle number as far as I can remember, which connects it to the ancient Pythagorean school of mystics and math.

The temperature of most mammals, humans included, is around 37 degrees Celcius.

A grown man in our society is 18 years of age.

37x18=666

Btw., 37, a strange prime, is a fun number.

1+1+1=3 -- 3x37=111
2+2+2=6 -- 6x37=222
3+3+3=9 -- 9x37=333
4+4+4=12 -- 12x37=444
5+5+5=15 -- 15x37=555
6+6+6=18 -- 18x37=666
7+7+7=21 -- 21x37=777
8+8+8=24 -- 24x37=888
9+9+9=27 -- 27x37=999

and of course you have:
1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15+16+17+18+19+20
+21+22+23+24+25+26+27+28+29+30+31+32+33+34+35+36=666

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I just last night posted the thread "fingerprint/eyescan..Deception...", found listed about halfway down from "this" one.

Strange, at this point it claims only 7 readers, with most of them being "myself", double checking spelling/re-reading, so on.

What bothers me is that i felt it to be rather well written, offering some "Real" insight to the "Mark of the Beast".

Sorry but, I find your question absurd.

My answer, "Read My Post", you will find some real info.. (If your "really" even interested in this topic).

good luck.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have personal experience. The mark of the beast is called a wedding ring. The second I slipped that ring on her finger, she turned into Satan.

In all seriousness, this is a good question. What is the mark of the beast?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I have personal experience. The mark of the beast is called a wedding ring. The second I slipped that ring on her finger, she turned into Satan.

In all seriousness, this is a good question. What is the mark of the beast?

Hello

Personally i don't think its a chip

they didn't need a chip in the mid 19th century. In the Papal states the Jewish ghettos that the Catholic church used, it was the star of david and they couldn't do anything without permission, including buying and selling.

many thanks

David

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I have personal experience. The mark of the beast is called a wedding ring.

This could be the mark for females. Romans originated the use of the ring by placing it on the womans right hand as a sign of ownership. The bible states the mark can be on the head or the right hand.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
FGS! Don't you even see a joke when it comes? Are you saying that circumcision only is the mark of the beast if you take it around your finger or glue it to your forehead?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

i gotta ask, does this mean that, at some stage before the end of time, you believe we will have to wear our circumcised foreskin on our heads or arms in order to buy and sell?

No, of course not, it's only a biblical story. Circumcision is the mark, you wouldnt' need to do anything with the foreskin.

it also occours to me that this would mean jesus, as a circumcised jew, would have had the mark of the beast on him, thats terribly confusing.

They didn't actually do full circumcisions at that time. It was the romans that started that later. Plus keep in mind that those people who were tainted did not just have the mark of the beast but also worshipped its image. In other words, it would be a different religion with animal gods.
jesus circumcision

Early Christian art always showed Jesus clothed, but after the 15th Century, he appeared in the nude and always uncircumcised, because "he had to be kept intact". Amongst many relics related to Jesus, the foreskin is prominent, so much so that foreskin relics are said to exist in 21 different places. There seems to be no way to assess authenticity. One great question concerned whether Jesus was re-united with his foreskin in heaven. After years of debate, Pope Innocent III settled the question by declaring that only God could know this answer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join