It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I might be psychic?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am new to this forum so if this isn't the right "area" to post this thread I apologize! But I need some feedback please!

I often have the ability to know things about people that you normally cannot tell just by looking at them or talking to them? I don't know if it is just an abnormal power of observation, but I feel like I have a "spirit" or "third party" that tells me things, and when I trust them and say what they tell me out loud, they usually tend to be correct!

I have NO idea how to tap into this or control it so please don't ask me to do something, and I have no idea if it is for real, so please don't rip on me or think I am a fake! I am not claiming I have this power, just trying to figure out if I do!

My friends and I have done exercises and tried to practice by taking ten playing cards, placing them face down while the other person is out of the room but memorizing the cards and then trying to mentally tell the other person which card is which... several times I was able to get all ten cards... most of the time I got like at least 8, and then there were times I would only get like 2?

I will tell you more stories as I start to get some feedback!

Let me know what you think or if you have similar experiences, and if you know HOW to get BETTER at this... if at all possible... PLEASE let me know!!!

[edit on 14-2-2008 by sparda4355]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

No offense, but I think you just get lucky at the right time. I noticed how you said you would get '8' cards, but sometimes get '2' cards, that, IMHO is just pure luck.

Pretty sweet all the same if you are psychic though!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i dont think its luck at all. I do the same kind of things. I can always tell a bad person from a good one. I can pinpoint things about people at first glance. When ive known someone long enough, i can pull words outta their mouths, finnish sentences, and even predict things that will happen to them if they make a choice. Almost always right. Only thing is, ca see evryone's path but my own ><
i have two voices that speak to me, depending on where im standing so to speak. If im feeling like a prick, i tend to have one voice, same as when im feeling nice. If im feeling lazy, then i have 2. They seem separate, but i think them to be part of me, or perhaps incarnations of past lives that were the strongest representations of good and evil.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
and to get betteR? Thats easy, try on more and more people. Learn more about humans and how they think. Its just liek being abler to run fast. If you practice it, you will get better. After awhile it gets to be second nature. Dont try and control it. Just let it flow. I alo smoke mary Jane, so it keeps me down. When my brain gets going, i cant comunicate with peol eon the norm. I speak too fast, and have too large of a vocabulary for most. Smoke some weed though, and bam, im down to normal.
I think of it like wieght training. im doing these things impaired..so when i finally get off the weed, i will be liek taking off 50 lbs in wieghts for your running
plus theres good weed right now, so be a shame to miss out on smoking it because the world powers dont want mexicans and other 3rd world countries to make money..

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Maybe this will help train/confirm your abilities

I'm not a real talent at this but what i do know is that your head needs to be as empty as possible before you start with the tests, it will give you the best results.

What i found real quick.

www.psychicsdirectory.com...
www.psychic-experiences.com...

And for your own little search for cool sites:
And more of this stuff at www.google.nl...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oh btw, IMO it's not a human > human thing but a Human > target thing so the target can be digital or inanimate. So training online will help to get in the right state of mind for this sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel

No offense, but I think you just get lucky at the right time. I noticed how you said you would get '8' cards, but sometimes get '2' cards, that, IMHO is just pure luck.

Pretty sweet all the same if you are psychic though!

Well the card thing was just an excersize... What I am actually refering to is the knowledge about other people...

For example I will know they play the piano, or if they just had a fight with their boyfriend/girlfriend... I will know if they are into celtic art or like cats instead of dogs... Just weird stuff you normally wouldn't no... and...

No offence taken, remember I am not saying I do have this ability, just trying to meet or talk to other people that have had similar experiences!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
i dont think its luck at all. I do the same kind of things. I can always tell a bad person from a good one. I can pinpoint things about people at first glance.

Now that is exactly what I am talking about! It actually seems like another person "or entity" is telling me things... strangly enough I hear the voices more clearly when I am extremely depressed, extremely happy, or strangly enough... had a few drinks (I didn't mention that part because it opens up a lot of ways to rip on my theory, but I think having a few drinks (not like 10) opens my mind so I am not thinking about work and other things that would distract me from the voices! lol)

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

That is awesome... I am going to play around with those when I get off work!

Thank YOU!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i also can tell if a person is someone i would want to associate myself with or not. for example, a friend of mine took in a coworker when they were between housing...anyway he was a nice enough fella, but i got this feeling that i should limit my contact with this guy. found out later he was doing drugs and had bags of coke in his room. he doesn't live there anymore.

i used to play a game where i would guess the color of the next car to go past my house. i actually had a pretty good success rate. i would estimate 60-70%.

other things could be attributed to intuition, but i think i have SOME psychic ability. i just need to figure out what i'm strongest in and try to develop it. not that i know how or have the time for it....anyway, i believe you.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
i also can tell if a person is someone i would want to associate myself with or not. for example, a friend of mine took in a coworker when they were between housing...anyway he was a nice enough fella, but i got this feeling that i should limit my contact with this guy. found out later he was doing drugs and had bags of coke in his room. he doesn't live there anymore.

i used to play a game where i would guess the color of the next car to go past my house. i actually had a pretty good success rate. i would estimate 60-70%.

other things could be attributed to intuition, but i think i have SOME psychic ability. i just need to figure out what i'm strongest in and try to develop it. not that i know how or have the time for it....anyway, i believe you.

AWESOME! We will figure it out together, because I would love to develope this skill or ability... I know what your talking about with the good/bad feelings about people... I actually become extremely uncomfortable or even feel sick around certain people... I had a friend in high school with a seemingly awesome father... He was goofy, fun, cracked jokes and pretty much seemed like he was a great guy... I pulled my friend aside and I was like, dude... I feel bad saying this about your father, but he creeps me out! I get really bad vibes from him, and I don't know why! My friend pretty much broke down in front of me and told me how he was "abused" as a child... He said he felt like nobody would believe him because of how his dad acts and was thankful that I could somehow see through it!

Not only do I not know how I could feel that, I have no idea what gave me the balls to say it outloud!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
btw, i try and mentally send messages to people/animals all the time.
And it wasnt for naught.
I was sitting downstairs with a budd i had just met, felt a connection with him. it was his fist time to my place. I was petting the little cat that people think is stupid. I was mentally projecting the messgae "you are a smart cat" to him. My buddy for no reason, imideatly after, said "thats a smart cat"
i asked him why he said that and he didnt really know why. Thing is he never saw tha cat for more than 4 seconds, and all it did is lay on me...not a great sign of inteligence. Ive noticed that you can think something hard enough, and people will catch it. Also, try practicing you power of eye". Ever notice when you stare at someone from behind hard enough..they look around?
Thats power of eye. when you have good power, many peope will not be able to stare into yur eyes, and, many people you get bad vibes from, will stare you coldly in the eye as if chalenging your stare in an equal and opposite way (bad vibe ppeople are the really bad ones, not the people who made a wrong choice or some).

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TEMELUCHUS

Ok, for one thing, you do know about the research that is done regarding these things, do you?
If not, here is some nice stuff to read for you.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Could there be proof to the theory that we're ALL psychic?
By DANNY PENMAN - More by this author »

Last updated at 07:38am on 28th January 2008

Comments (3)

'Up to 85 per cent of people may be clairvoyant' says a researcher
Dr Chris Roe places a pair of enormous fluffy earphones over the head of a blonde 20-year-old woman.

He carefully slices a ping-pong ball in half and tapes each piece over her eyes.

Then he switches on a red light that bathes the woman in an eerie glow, and leaves the room.

After a few moments, a low hum begins to fill the laboratory and the woman begins smiling sweetly to herself as images of distant locations start to pass through her mind.

She says she can sense a group of trees and a babbling brook full of boulders.

Standing on a boulder is her friend Jack. He's waving at her and smiling. She begins to describe the location to Dr Roe.

Half a mile away, her friend Jack is, indeed, standing on a boulder in a stream.

Somehow, the woman has been able to "see" Jack in her mind's eye, even though all of conventional science - and common sense - says it is impossible.

Is this simply a bizarre coincidence?

Or could it be proof that we all possess psychic powers of the type popularised in such films as Minority Report?

That is what Dr Roe is investigating. A parapsychologist based at the University of Northampton, he is examining whether it could indeed be possible to project your "mind's eye" to a distant location and observe what is going on - even if that place is hundreds of miles away.

And though the research is not yet complete, the results have been tantalising.

His early findings suggest that up to 85 per cent of people may possess some form of clairvoyance - the ability to "remote view".

And he believes that with only a modicum of training we can all sharpen our psychic skills.

"Our results are significant," says Dr Roe.

"They suggest that remote viewing, or clairvoyance, is something that should be taken seriously."

It would be easy to dismiss such claims as laughable, were it not for the fact that an increasing number of scientists are taking them seriously.

While Dr Roe's work may appear controversial, he is starting to garner the support of eminent academics such as Professor Brian Josephson, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist from Cambridge University, who says: "The experiments have been designed to rule out luck and chance. I consider the evidence for remote viewing to be pretty clear-cut."

Have fun, thing is, that the time that 'paranormal' is going to get 'normal' is closing in on us. Not really a bad thing if you think about it.

Anyway, judging before you actually think about something is never a good thing.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well I'm sure many people hear voices. I think that a majority of them are probably reading this post and are hearing the voice say, take some medication and try to get some sleep. If you condone this type of paranoia you better be one good head doc. Leading someone on by telling them everything is ok just might lead to something that your wonderful advice is not going to anticipate. But why should you care right, your not going to see the aftermath, now are you?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
All that means is that we have higher senses than others. Like cats for instance, can see things we do not, as can both cats and dogs smell things we cant. Is it such a crazy thing to have a conscience strong enough to all but embody itself? WHy would i need help? i have a normal family, work like normal people. I dont hurt anyone. I dont abuse the one law i think should be held true. That is respect for life, in all it's forms.

Call me crazy, but they call me a genius

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
All that means is that we have higher senses than others. Like cats for instance, can see things we do not, as can both cats and dogs smell things we cant. Is it such a crazy thing to have a conscience strong enough to all but embody itself? WHy would i need help? i have a normal family, work like normal people. I dont hurt anyone. I dont abuse the one law i think should be held true. That is respect for life, in all it's forms.

Call me crazy, but they call me a genius

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TEMELUCHUS

It's called delusional. You might want to see your family doctor. I'm sure the people that care for you can help you through this.

hahaha... oh my god... dude, that was freaking funny! Seriously you should be a comedian! I mean it, I mean whatever you do... stay away from any intelligent conversations and if you get a chance try picking up a book and reading some time! Maybe if you learn how to read, you would retain the part where I said... I AM NOT CLAIMING TO HAVE ANY SPECIAL POWERS I JUST WANT TO TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCES! But hey... I have an idea, find something better to do with your time! Obviously your not very open minded so maybe, and this might be a long shot, but just maybe... this IS NOT THE SITE FOR YOU!

THANKS FOR PLAYING THOUGH!

Hey... I can be funny too!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
reply to post by TEMELUCHUS

Ok, for one thing, you do know about the research that is done regarding these things, do you?
If not, here is some nice stuff to read for you.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Could there be proof to the theory that we're ALL psychic?
By DANNY PENMAN - More by this author »

Last updated at 07:38am on 28th January 2008

Comments (3)

Have fun, thing is, that the time that 'paranormal' is going to get 'normal' is closing in on us. Not really a bad thing if you think about it.

Anyway, judging before you actually think about something is never a good thing.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Harman]

Awesome! thank you for the feedback! Maybe if TEMELUCHUS learns how to read, he might realize how big of a jack@#$ he was!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TEMELUCHUS
Well I'm sure many people hear voices. I think that a majority of them are probably reading this post and are hearing the voice say, take some medication and try to get some sleep. If you condone this type of paranoia you better be one good head doc. Leading someone on by telling them everything is ok just might lead to something that your wonderful advice is not going to anticipate. But why should you care right, your not going to see the aftermath, now are you?

Dude... to put it simply... You're an idiot! Ever think for a moment that maybe, just maybe you don't know everything there is to know about the universe? Ever think that there is a possibility that somewhere in the leftover 80% of our brains or in your case 98% of the unused portion there might just be some abilities we have not figured out how to tap into? Do you live that sheltered of a life that you can't even fathom other people being able to do something that your brain cannot yet comprehend? Science proves time and time again that we only know 1% of 1% of what there is to know about the universe as it stands! and again for you those statistics might still be a little high, but seriously you close minded fool, don't pretend even for a moment you know what cannot exist in the other 99.99999999999999999%

You do however impress me slightly, and you should be proud, because you are the only person in the world this ignorant that I have wasted even a moment of my life trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with!

That being said, unless you have something intelligent to say, don't waste any more of my time!

Why are you even on ATS to begin with, maybe you don't understand the concept?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join