It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephenville Lights are Back Again!!! 12 Feb

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is weird stuff, as I live right where it is going on. I can tell you that I was in Dublin today, and heard nothing about it. Not one word about lights in the sky or UFOs. I have to go out onto the ranch tonight, and I will bring my digital camera for sure. Little buggers try and probe me, and I will go 'Scarface" on em. As a side note, TX probably is not the best place for one of these things to land, might be a tad safer for ET to land in San Francisco.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

Great. Shoot the first thing that approaches you, and if it is what it could be, then your family will be the only ones mourning as you couldn't fire whatever you have fast enough to do crap. If it is a ship, then that thing could land on you and take off faster than you could even pull up your weapon and pull the trigger.

Also, if it is a piloted ship, then they would most probably have weapons far better and more effective than anything you could ever produce. Ever hear the tales of entire stocks of nuclear weapons being deactivated in moments? Imagine what they could do to you. Especially if you are drunk as your handle states. Good luck. Oh and as most people who speak of being abducted are paralyzed BEFORE they even interact with their abductors, how will you go scarface on them?

As to the image, it does appear very similar to prolonged exposure shots. If there are multiple images from various locations, then it could be moving at speeds fast enough to produce that effect.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

your talking my language very good points im interested im just a regular joe but i drive planes around at dfw departure freq 121.85 and i have a blast out there even if someones trying to give me a crash course in a new language after they depart theyre told contact ft worth center so im guessing 20 planes 3 miles in tow outbound 20 planes inbound and 20 planes at 35000ft overhead in the area all on the same freq and 10 f16s going to afterburners through civilian airspace might also be on that freq i think those tapes are stored in a clean room for aviation purposes i might be wrong but i dont think so if theres nothing on those tapes then theres nothing to the story but lets hear them and lets see the radar and what the satillites were doing and what caused a power grid to go offline in kansas minutes after i could be off on all this but lets apply the truth serum

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What's even stranger is F-16s seen simultaneously with these things. So, I don't think the people are mistaking our fighter jets for these unusual crafts.

I just hope whatever these things set out to do, it isn't just to dazzle Texans to an air exhibit. I hope it isn't anti-climactic and that we'll know for certain if they are ET in origin or not.

If by some off-chance this is US technology at its best, Im betting the technology is still ET.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I hate to say it, but the effect visible in those photos is very familiar to me. Whenever a camera is either set in "Night Mode", or allowed a slight time-lapse in the shutter (which is necessary for capturing enough light in dark environments), the absolute SLIGHTEST movement, even a slight breeze, will create that effect. Zooming in only enhances the effect even worse. The one with Red, Green, and White lights in the zig-zag appears to be an Airplane shot in this mode. As for the others, I do not know what the original lighting source is, and it could very well be an Unidentified Craft, but the effect is no doubt created by a combination of what I mentioned above.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dj05544
If we had disclosure we wouldn't have to keep playing this game of "I saw it, the military denies it"

If its them- covering up the real stephenville lights- I wouldnt be surprised

However, if its indeed the same aircraft- I would be shocked. Its rare you get such a huge phenomenon to happen to the same place. Texas is known for bases though...i dont know if we'll ever figure it out...
Is it a message? are we being warned? or are we just bein' fooled by our own government yet again....?

only time will tell

If we had disclosure.....would we belive it? after being fooled(lied to) by our government yet again ...and again...60 years or more. really think
about that for a moment.CAN they disclose? Would we somehow forgive
them and as if by some magic we believe some, none or all of what they disclose. I am in total agreement with you on this, and i am not trying to
start a debate about disclosure. I am just going to say that I too am tired
of waiting for the "truth" and at this point, I dont really want to hear some made-up, watered-down, oh-what-a-tangled-web-we-weave version of the governments "truth". We Are here now, right now on ATS finding the truth, For ourselves. Folks in Texas, and all over the world are finding the truth.
These truths will, and are becoming self-evident more and more each day.
I refuse to be spoonfed by the airforce, so i monitor them with radios.
all aircraft in my area. If they transmit..i can hear them. so i dont have to
wonder or wait for them to tell me they had no...errr...some.....oh-yeah..
now i remember we had 10! F-16's flyin' near your barn sir

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

my stomach still hurts from laughing i enjoyed your comments everyone over here in tarrant county ft worth will sleep better tonight knowing that you and granny clampett are loaded with salt peter ready to blast et if he gets out of line and thinks about abducting tonight life is short lets laugh

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I hate to say it, but the effect visible in those photos is very familiar to me. Whenever a camera is either set in "Night Mode", or allowed a slight time-lapse in the shutter (which is necessary for capturing enough light in dark environments), the absolute SLIGHTEST movement, even a slight breeze, will create that effect. Zooming in only enhances the effect even worse. The one with Red, Green, and White lights in the zig-zag appears to be an Airplane shot in this mode. As for the others, I do not know what the original lighting source is, and it could very well be an Unidentified Craft, but the effect is no doubt created by a combination of what I mentioned above.

Thats exactly right.

Why are people saying 'i've never seen anything like it?'... It's long exposure of a single light source, not some glyph in the sky. That is painfully obvious.

It could literally be anything, such as a plane, and be made by using something like a 1 second shutter speed and jiggling the camera.

There is really nothing amazing in that photo, and once again, it is evidence of nothing except bad photography.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just thought I would throw this in....I live in Texas....about 45 minutes ago I weent outside to get something from my car, while I was going to my car I lit a cigarette, and on my way back into the house I saw in the night sky what looked like a bright star slowly falling and throwing off faint sparks. I stood and watched for a while longer and then saw a fast streak off to my left on the other side of the horizon.
Not sure what these things are, but I am glad that Texas is finally getting some action like this.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Vandermast]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
As a side note, I was just watching the YouTube video featuring a CNN news report of this event. Some fellow had video footage with the streaking/skipping effect. I have also had this effect happen on my video camera when it is in 0 Lux Mode. You will often see streaking and object jumping when using such a low-light mode. I cannot claim that the light he was filming isn't something out of the ordinary, but the effect in of itself is normal.

Also a lady mentioned a craft similar to a B2, but she said it was slow moving and remained silent until it passed over. If she did not hear it until it passed her, that would indicate a craft traveling just under the Speed of Sound. Now of course that would not coincide with "slow", but her perception could have just as easily been skewed by either altitude, viewing conditions, or craft size, or possibly any combination of all three.

I don't doubt that folks in Stephenville and the sorrounding areas are seeing objects in their skies that defy common knowledge, but once such a flap begins, it can become hard to distinguish between the ordinary and "other worldly". The effect is similar to being in a house with paranormal activity. Once you have become accustomed to or on edge due to the abnormal, such as strange sounds for example, everyday normal noises brought about by humidity or temperature fluctuations can become nearly impossible for the observer to differentiate.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

i agree larry kings first show had ret airforce guy on there and he got most of the air time saying these were not trained witnesses and didnt see planes and saw sun dogs now the airforce says they had 10 planes in the area and they were there chasing sun dogs but these people said they saw the planes and the object so the planes are verified why were they there i think the ret airforce guy has been reassigned and his opinions retired

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

i think your all over this with your atc angle lets review 1965 kecksberg craft recovered in penn the next day the govenor of penn flown to austin tx to hangout with lbj at his ranch do you think he went down there to talk about barbeque some guys were already there hoyt vandenberg forestal twining verner von braun and the rest of majestic 12 and 4 smokin contrails from nasa bases with some guy named goddard can you imagine the chatter at bergstrom afb that day some bodys got to still be alive to remember this day

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

I would like to point out that the pictures in this post could just as easily be the result of an overanxious witness trying frantically to snap a picture, only to get a shaky thing like we see there. I think it bears mentioning that we always need to take these kinds of pics with a grain of salt as well.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Those new pics really remind me of Dark Knight's warning/predictions....

Maybe I should move to the catskills?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I mean, as far as military bases and what-not?
Anything nuclear connected with Stephenville?

Sheppard Air Force Base is the closest to Stephenville. It is roughly 130 miles away, though, in Wichita Falls, Texas.

As far as nuclear activity, no known nuclear locations in the State of Texas other than at Pantex Plant 17 miles northeast of Amarillo, Texas, and roughly 350+ miles away from Stephenville. However, the only nuclear activity there is the dismantling of 150 W69 SRAM
nuclear warheads and 200 W79 8-inch artillery shells, according to "Taking Stock - Worldwide Nuclear Deployments 1998" by William M. Arkin, Robert S. Norris, and Joshua Handler.

There appears to be a "Mystery Airport" in Walnut Springs, Texas, only about 35 miles away from Stephenville.

From Walnut, Springs "Mystery Airport" Wiki Article:

December 31, 2007 notes:

A few miles south of Walnut Springs, behind significant hills on the west side of the site, and dense foliage on the east side, lies what appears to be an abandoned airport. Terrain and foliage, plus relative distance from highway TX-144 on the west side, and highway TX-927 on the east side, prevent unrestricted viewing of the location.

The facility is not marked as abandoned (magenta circle with an "x" centered on the circle) on any VFR sectional, or, any other aerial navigation map, unlike other abandoned or closed airports across the world, and by ICAO convention (International Civil Aviation Organization).

However, online photography does show both "runways" on site (there is a large, main runway of about 6,000 feet in length, and a smaller, slightly fan-shaped surface of about 1,500 feet in length), marked with what appears to be FAA-standard yellow "x" markings, indicating the surfaces are abandoned runways, but are unusable, unsafe, or both.

The physical location is inside a rough triangle that is composed of the cities of Walnut Springs, Morgan, and Meridian. The latitude and longitude is N 32.02536, W -97.67854, respectively.

The mystery airport is not the Diamond Seven Ranch private airstrip, located north-northwest of Morgan.

The site is easily found on all free mapping web sites. Microsoft TerraServer USA and Google Maps have the best photography of the location yet found.

All roads leading to the location are closed with green-painted US Government gates, and "No Trespassing" signs abound. The described signage is true for the entrance from TX-927, and TX-144.

January 1, 2008 Update:

Overnight research and correspondence has provided a potential explanation for this location's "mystery" airport.

Apparently, the site is a either a former, or still active, testing location for cross-section reflectivity of different types of ground- and aircraft-based radar. The relative proximity of the Ft. Worth, Texas, military/industrial manufacturing base may have a bearing on the facility. The facility is not a runway for aircraft, in the conventional sense.

Several similar locations can be found in California and Florida.

I believe I found it here

It appears to be an air strip and has roads named "Private Rd 2549" around it.

According to this website:

- The installation is on the east side of Highway 144 between Walnut Springs, TX and Meridian, TX.
- The whole complex is around 3,000 acres in size….
- has a high game fence, plus an extra razor wire fence
- there are 2 private runways; one is 6000ft long
- gates on each highway entrance= government green gates
- Trespassing warning signs
- on one of the airstrips, there is nearby a tubular structure, which seems to go underground-possibly testing stealth wing designs there?

That's all I can find for now.

[edit on 2/14/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
well....made it back from from the ranch and .....nada......just a sore neck from looking up, and a runny nose. Windy as hell out here tonight. Did see a nice buck, but had to let him hop along. I drove all over the county and more CRs than I can count. I will kepp it up over the next 15 days. If i get anything good I will fill yall in. time for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just read above post..........My uncle has a place close to there off 927. I will see what the hell that is. i think it is abandon, and now used for crop dusting or something. I will check for ya..good pics btw
also, if anybody wants pics or whatever from the area let me know. I will go up there Sat and drive around in the daylight and get clear pics of what u want. I have family in the area, and most think Im have nuts anyway, so not a strange request to get access for ATS pics lol

[edit on 14-2-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]:

[edit on 14-2-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alphard
Well it crossed my mind that it would be a 'good idea' from the military's side to get something up, over Stephenville, that is strange but natural... and let people make a big fuzz about it saying 'it is back' or similar.

And then explain the actual nature of the sighting. (flares or similar)

Effectively nullifying the previous TRUE sighting as well as people would assume the 2 were the same thing.

That is senseless in my opinion. People see a dragon you don't want them to see and you show another next to it to show what exactly?? That they are nuts?
This event will just stirr more publicity and will not die out with a socalled HOAXcall. It is beyond proving anything. The only thing that can be done to proof what this is is to reproduce the event while standing next to it. Then we will ask, why all the trouble proving something as big as that when you have nothing to hide. If I have nothing to hide I do not bother proving anything. I don't care what people think. If they show they care what we think they are "guilty", IMO. And they already showed that by harrassing Sorrell.

Generally people that are caught in info/disinfo nets will not trust anyone anymore. That is not in the advantage of the establishment.

The cat is halfway out of the bag for a while now. I meet more and more mainstream media and other people that know that we are not living in a open informational society. The number of sightings and publicity is growing still and I would be surprised if it would stop.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Thats exactly right.

Why are people saying 'i've never seen anything like it?'... It's long exposure of a single light source, not some glyph in the sky. That is painfully obvious.

It could literally be anything, such as a plane, and be made by using something like a 1 second shutter speed and jiggling the camera.

There is really nothing amazing in that photo, and once again, it is evidence of nothing except bad photography.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by fooffstarr]

Photos in general do not prove anything. What about the wittnesses? That is what this is about. People always want photo's, but they are in the best cases a bad reflection of reality, not tangible proof. Eyewittness reports are a reflection too, be it a subjective one, but stack them up and you heve something that defies explanation here.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

if anybody wants pics or whatever from the area let me know.

You know what? That would be cool if you could get some decent photos during the day. There should be a couple of radar antennas in the southwest area-just southwest of the main runway if you can see them. You might have trouble seeing anything due to the treelines though.

Just don't do anything illegal. If there are signs posted stating no photos, just oblige and put the camera away.

I've wondered if a site like this could be used to transmit out some sort of radar, laser, plasma beam or something. (refer to one of my earlier posts on this thread) I'm not sure where, but I heard about possible ultralight aerial vehicles that may be in development. Couple that with some new strange radar or holography, you could end up with a situation like the one in Erath county.

This really got my attention:

January 1, 2008 Update:

Overnight research and correspondence has provided a potential explanation for this location's "mystery" airport.

Apparently, the site is a either a former, or still active, testing location for cross-section reflectivity of different types of ground- and aircraft-based radar. The relative proximity of the Ft. Worth, Texas, military/industrial manufacturing base may have a bearing on the facility. The facility is not a runway for aircraft, in the conventional sense.

Several similar locations can be found in California and Florida.

Source

Unfortunately, there is no source given and there seems to be no real way to confirm the data.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by AnnunakiX]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Almost forgot, Fox News in Dallas/Fort Worth had the following video that goes along with this thread:

UFO Investigation Won't Go Away

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join