It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Cop assaults 14yr. old Skater

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Woo Hoo...

Give that cop a medal!!!!!

Now, that being said. I only heard the audio on the radio this moring, I have not watched the video yet, but I will.

If the cop pushed the kid, that was wrong.

I say he did a good job of putting that kid in his place verbally. I agree with everything the cop said.

14 year old punk who doesn't respect authority, period.

Good Job, Mr Police Officer, good job.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The thing with authority is people abuse it horribly.
Respect should be earned.
As a whole the police force loses a lot of respect because of actions like this. It's easy to fall and it's hard to get up. I don't know when the last time I remember a cop doing something good. I mean, thanks for .. um .. thanks for busting the kids skating, and the guys smoking weed. Thanks for pulling over the guy who was doing 73 mph instead of 70. It's ridiculous stuff like this that gets to me, and it seems like cops get high off it - Being in charge of what you can and cannot do.
If you're breaking the law, then fine, but there's rules in place for what they're allowed to do then too.
Blowing up at some kids because your shorts are too tight isn't an excuse. If I was this kids parent I'd probably be in jail now for assaulting a cop.
I don't care what the kid said, because sticks and stones will break my bones, but words can never harm me.
Maybe this cop and the other pig who threw the guy out of a wheel chair can goatse.cx each other in the big house where they belong.

Maybe I didn't make so much sense up there but what I am trying to say is cops seem to think they're above the law anymore. So much corruption everywhere too, lets not get started on that.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Hey moderator, why don't ya go watch the video before handing out medals.

I'm not sure where you're from but NO ONE should be subject to that type of blatant
abuse of power.

This ADULT who is supposedly trained to protect and serve verbally abused and PHYSICALLY abused a CHILD, a minor, ya got that?!?

HE'S NOT MATURE, HE'S STILL GROWING UP, HE'S STILL FORMING HIS VIEWS OF THE WORLD AROUND HIM

AND ABOVE ALL
HE'S PROBABLY 85 POUNDS SOAKING WET!

-Sorry 'bout the CAPS everyone-

Just a little miffed that's all,

I'm all for Mods posting with opinions while monitoring the play by play on ATS,
but not when they don't even bother to read (or in this case watch) the OP.

Deny Ignorance? Practice what you preach pal.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Comma8Comma1]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well like was posted you can't know everything that was said before the tape went on although the whole situation appears to be on the tape..

you can't just go around beating up kids cause they are after all kids sometimes they are slow to learn we all know that, I am seething watching this if this were my kid I am not sure what I would do.

I heard on the news this morning that the officer is going to be or has been fired
I hope that is true the last thing someone like that needs is a badge and a gun.

I have neighborhood kids that drove through my yard in a snow storm probably thinking oh they will never know, I really really wanted to pull them all out of the car and kick the ever living [Mod Edit] out of them, however I waited to calm down and then when I saw them out I talked with them and just said hey, please don't drive through my yard anymore, I understand i get it I did it myself (not true)
but please don't do it again I have video footage from the security cameras
but I don't want to call the cops cause I think you guys are basically pretty normal kids..

The next day the three of them were in my yard with tamps and picks fixing their tracks they apologized again and as a joke left a sign in the yard saying keep off grass, a note on the sign said we thought you would think this was funny.

My point is they are good kids over all and just had minute of two of mischief a little fun at my expense.. now I could have drug them out of the car and dragged them to their house and knocked but what I really wanted them to see is that not everyone has forgotten what it was like to be young and not everyone wants to get you in trouble for a little mischief every now and again..

Respectfully
GEO

[Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of use section 1b. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 13/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I guess this part of my first post was missed...

If the cop pushed the kid, that was wrong.
I say he did a good job of putting that kid in his place verbally. I agree with everything the cop said.

14 year old punk who doesn't respect authority, period.

I watched the vid...

I stand by my first post, except that, yeah, the cop shouldn't have touched the kid, but that being said, it wasn't that bad.

It appeared to me that the cop reached for the skateboard, the kid turned away to keep it from the cop, in doing so the they were very close to one another and the cop put his hand on the kids shoulder area and sat him on the ground.

A lot of kids today are punks and have foul mouths and don't respect authority, I'm glad the cop gave this kid a talking to in the manner that he did, I doubt it, but maybe the kid will think twice next time before mouthing off to a police officer?

BTW - This was posted as a member, not a moderator and as my personal opinion.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I really can't believe you would say what you are saying.

the kids even said right off the bat I don't have a dad, this was the cops chance to show him that this is no excuse to act like this instead he taught him that if you want to act like this get a badge officer ravioli there is a real piece of work what a jerk like he should take his own advice and not act like he is acting before someone kills him...

and since when is saying dude having a foul mouth cmon ..

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 2/13/2008 by geocom]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
how is anyone supposed to respect authority when they let power go to their head and start beating on kids? He was skating, they probably told him to leave, he was a smart ass, then got punk'd for it. The cop had no right to live his high school bully fantasy and pick on kid that he didnt understand. There are a lot more threatening things out there than a kid on a skateboard trying to ollie a gap in front of a business. Its so ridiculous that our money pays for cops to do that kind of crap. Go find a robber or murderer....give me a break

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The Officer was trying to get the kid to respect authority and he did so using a loud authoritive voice and I don't blame him for it.

I'd like to see more officers and even parents stand up to kids like this.

Speaking of which, I'd love to have heard the telephone conversation between the Officer and the boys Mother.

When I was a kid, and had done something involving the police, lets say this same situation, boy I'd have been in trouble... mom woulda kicked my butt for first skateboarding somewhere I shouldn't have and then talking to an officer in a manner like that.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Wow!! Just Wow!!..

If that's how you want your tax dollars spent.. fine.
Some kids are compete turds yeah..but this one doesn't strike me as that type.

If he was my kid,they'd be removing the skateboard surgically from that fat bag of crap's colon.

(Not that I have one..or want one lol
)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Elevatedone needs to be removed as a super moderator immediately. Who can I email or complain to? Should I use the complaint button or is there a direct email address I can use?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

The cop conducted himself in a threatening confrontational manner, in such a way if the sides were reversed he would have been arrested for aggressive and threatening behavior...

he threw the kid around and ripped the kids property from his hands violently and verbally attacked and insulted him numerous times.

Respect is earned not paid for, acting like an ass hat and abusing you power doesn't earn respect, it loses it, not only that but respect isn't law and the cops job is to enforce the law not his own personal views and opinions.

as much as that may be a problem with you an that officer that is fact, and this cop overstepped his power many times over, the officer told this kid he was shut up because he was talking and that his friend were smart for shutting up, I say to that officer and his friend this,

They were the ones stupid for shutting up they should have been questioning every move that jackass made, hopefully they will learn from this experience and do so if it happens again.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Look, I respect authority and my elders, as well as any human being.

I'm tired of cops getting a bad rap, because there may be a few "bad eggs" out there that cause people to think that all cops are bad.

I've stated my opinion and will stick to it.

SHould the cop have touched the kid, no he should not have, but he didn't abuse his power either.

The kid was a "mouth" and should have just shut up and listened.

Thats it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I respectfully disagree.. The kid was in the wrong yeah. but the cop would have earned more respect by being erm.. not quite so psycho-tripped out on power-look at me I'm so big and tough...

The guys superiors obviously decided he was in the wrong if they suspended him too..
my 2p

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'll state again as much as some disagree RESPECT IS NOT LAW

So that cop has no authority to enforce it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I understand...

I just don't see it as a power hungry, cop abusing his authority, thats all.

Yes it could have been handled differently, but seeing how it went down, I don't have a problem with it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Two wrongs don't make a right!

First of all, this cop was excessive in his force and his manners. He is being dealt with appropriately from what I can see.

Moving forward, most kids today are snot-nosed little [Mod Edit] who really deserve to have the crap stomped out of them. Why? Because they lack discipline, respect and an understanding of the law. Sadly the liberals have allowed the patients to run the asylum, so to speak. Now these kids know that no one can touch them and a simple call to children's services, whether warranted or not, is going to deliver a whole lot of problems to the adults who are tasked with raising these little ingrates!

The kid was breaking the law - skateboarding on public property is illegal and can be considered vandalism in many jurisdictions. He failed to obey an officer of the law. And his cardinal sin, he got lippy (which most of these little pukes do the second they are confronted by figures of authority). I'm not excusing this cop, but if this was his Nth run-in with little ingrateful pukes like this for the day, he might've just lost it.

Finally, anyone here who knows me knows that I almost never advocate for excessive actions perpetrated by cops - and I'm not now. But I am drawing your attention to the "the other side of the coin" that could've led to this guy losing it. As I said before, this cop is being dealt with... Is that smart-mouthed little puke? Doubt it! I'm sure his mommy has over-coddled him and led him to believe that he didn't do anything wrong - which is TOTALLY WRONG!

[Mod Edit: Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors
Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 13/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I wish ATS was run under the same laws that WE live by in the real world.

Unfortunately, if I were to say what I think of YOU I'd be warned, banned, and punished (good thing you don't have my mom's phone number) all because of YOUR badge (Moderator title).

And you sound like an idiot saying things like "Im posting as a member, not a Mod"

You're not too far off from an off-duty cop doing what he wants because he knows he can get away with it.

Take off YOUR badge elevatedone, I'd love to tell you what I think of you.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Come on people, We all have varying opinions on these types of things, There is no need to make those opinions directed or personal by launching a crusade against another person or member..

[edit on 13-2-2008 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

my status as Moderator has nothing to do with this thread. Ask any of the other staff, they'll tell you the same thing.

We post here as members first, then as staff when needed.

I'm involved in this thread as a member only. I have not posted anything which violates the T&C either. I think you're just looking for an arguement.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
written clearly on the bottom of the page is
This thread is in a forum moderated by: Nerdling, WyrdeOne, Spiderj, GAOTU789, neformore, Skyfloating, MemoryShock, Dr Love

I don't see his name anywhere
Everyone has a different opinion

I agree with many here about the kid
but I don't agree about how this member who is a mod
should " remove the badge "
different mods are in charge of different forums
when they post they post as members first

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join