It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled dumped out of wheelchair by cops( You've got to see this video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That friggin jagoff that likes to throw the helpless down to the floor is gonna be real sorry when someone like me encounters them on the street and recognizes them....

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

If this was Bush's America, CNN / other media wouldn't be reporting about it, don't you think?

Anyway on topic, I'm sure they were forced to do that due to the unknown reasons.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Btw, I think White House / Congress will pass a law / bill that states to execute those who are disabled sometime in the future.

Plus, it would make the society much easier and perfect, therefore nobody would have to deal with disability, right? What do you think?

[edit on 12-2-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Sorry Rock....wasnt meant for you...I'm relatively new to posting, so please accept my apology!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Before Bush got in office, I used to think the President had no real power at all. However, I've been educated and I realize that the President has a LOT OF FREAKING POWER!

Allow me to broaden your perspective on this point. Bush didn't take power...it was granted to him by our failure to hold him accountable.

It is my belief that the same principle is in play with respect to the cops in this and a myriad of other stories.

"She was irked that I wasn't complying to what she was telling me to do," he told The Tampa Tribune. "It didn't register with her that she was asking me to do something I can't do."

Why didn't it register with her? I submit the answer is because she works in an environment where she is NEVER called upon to question her judgment. The power she exerts is the consequence of a system that does not sufficiently hold her accountable for her decisions. She starts with the presumption of being right. Even the cold hard reality of a quadriplegic sitting before her in a wheelchair is not enough to disabuse her of the notion that he should stand upon her command.

This article indicates:

He said the officers' actions were an aberration.

Really?

"That none of the supervisors acted upon what they saw is of great concern," Docobo said. "This is not the norm at the sheriff's office."

It can't really be an aberration when even the supervisors failed to act, now can it? Sheesh....they were laughing. Look at the video.

The fish is rotten from the head down.

In fact, the stench is so bad, it's hard to imagine how any of it will ever improve.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by loam]

MBF

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My mother is in a wheelchair. If some ignorant cop dumped her in the floor, it wouldn't matter to me how many badges they were wearing. I would put my foot so far up their rear end that they would be tasting shoe leather. My mother is not a drain on society, she never drew a dime of disability(she was 50 when she had her stroke in 1991) because she had the right number of quarters to qualify, but they were 2 quarters in the wrong direction. She did work on the farm the rest of the time, but that doesn't count.

I have 3 relatives that live next to me that are 45-50 that get a disability check. One, they told her that she had "mental problems" long enough and pumped enough drugs in her that they finally fried her brain so she needs a check now. Two more just don't want to work. One claims that he has "nerve problems". The other claimed to have a stroke. His problem is all the drugs he has POURED into his body(and still does), he would even pimp his wife out for crack. I have heard people talk about how bad she was, but a man that would do that to his wife is a complete waste of air in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by loam

I wish I could give Rockpuck and Loam more stars for those posts.

I think they summed it up quite nicely.

It's a real shame that we have let our world devolve to this point.

Something evil this way comes and we are busy arguing about which radio station to listen to while we hurtle toward a concrete wall doing 100 kph.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

This is not "bush's" America.

This is OUR America.

This is OUR degenerative lifestyle.

This is OUR fault, not Bush's, and not because we elected him.

It goes so far deeper then "whos the president" it goes to the deepest recesses of this countries SOCIETY ..

We are a sick complacent people, and this is a norm, will continue to be a norm, and only escalate.

Blame the politicians all you want.

Its OUR fault.

Wow you hit it right on the Head there. You got a star for that one. You got it so right, we all move so quickly to blame bush when we should sometimes take a second and think about who's fault it really is. Bush might be a moron, but who elected him??? If he's the moron, America's dumb a$$ who fell for him. In all honesty i think a crappy president like bush is doing America some good. Because of his lies and wrongdoings people are starting to wake up and see the damage they caused by voting him in.
Sorry for the rant... but this is terrible. how could any halfway decent human being do this to a disabled person? I really don't understand how you guy could even start to blame bush for something like this. Did he hire to policeman? did he instruct him personally or even make a policy for police to treat disabled people this way? no he didn't. We should first start and blame the guy who did it. to be honnest that seems logical to me, but who knows... And then maybe start to look at our society's crumbling values and morals....

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Sorry for the rant, i just sorta went off in some random direction with that one .
That response resulted from one crappy day, next time i wont vent on ats... sorry lol.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

arrested for a traffic violation

thats niceley vague , what " traffic violations " are arrestable offences ????????????

its nice to see that ATS is rushing to judgement - based only on the claims of the alledged victim

call me a desenitized thug - but not all people in wheelchairs are disabled in any way

and police officers in a custody suite expect to be lied to , and " disabled " certainly does not mean harmless

i have personally seen a one legged tramp aggrssivly begging in the street - and when he cornered a woman and baby in a corner - enough was enough , one kick ended it

all persons in custody - have to be searched - and its going to be done one way or another - if the arestee does not co operate - its going to be done the hard way

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You sound like a police person, of course we know, that people lie. But it was found in this case he did not i assume. So he does have a case, whether you like it or not, most people in the police, act like animals.

Absolute power and all that.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
This is Bush's America. The disabled are viewed as a drain on society and not worthy to live. Believe me, I've talked to enough Republicans to get the full drivel that makes me want to hurl.

We add in the power mad authoritarians who have gone insane under the Bush permissiveness, and we end up with a total disregard for human life and dignity.

Hence, disabled dump...

yes, or perhaps this individual is just a *snip*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Not to make light of the situation, but the cop probably thought she was a gold bricker....

On a serious note though, police brutality like this is becoming very common. Cops these days really do seem to be on an insane power trip. They aren't there to protect and serve, they are now there to kick ass and take names.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

arrested for a traffic violation

thats niceley vague , what " traffic violations " are arrestable offences ????????????

Well, they couldn't have been too concerned about "the offense" considering they were unable to produce any record on him or the incident.

Incidentally, thank you for demonstrating quite nicely one of the points I illustrated.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The cops actions in this case are totally reprehensible. Regardless of what he may have done to have been at the station, there is NO excuse whatsoever for dumping him out of the wheelchair, period! It is my hope that the cop in question be punished by the appropriate authorities in this case. And I do believe that this not only opens up the Deputy to a lawsuit, but the dapartment and the county as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
First, this has nothing to do with the current administration so go troll elsewhere.

Second, he was picked up on a violation of driving with a suspended license/evading from a previous ticket. They came to his home and arrested him. He was then taking to processing and when asked to stand he stated that he could not. The ignorance of the foul tempered jail guards at Orient Road boiled over and they physically abused this individual by dumping him out of a chair as well as made him sit in his own feces for over 3 hours after booking.

The individuals should be fired and then bought up on charges of assault and hate crime charges for abusing this hadnicapped individual . If this was a black guy or a hispanic in that chair you can bet the NAACP and Al Sharpton would already be on the case.

If they treat the handicapped in this nature, what the hell do they do to someone who CAN defend themselves???

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It All comes down to this guys,,, Plain and Simple.. But not simple to resort too in many mindsets but easy to actually do.

Its called Money, and How we Need to get rid of it, Becuz of this one simple fact... The basic things You pay for, Dont really cost anything, Its the label of a price that has all this screwed up, and the "no way in hadas" mindset of people who willnot or cannot change.

Yes I know We pay for things to make other things, But Really, Money is manmade, an is a problem, It isnt humane really, doesnt care about your illness, or your disability, But It sure will make you seem good........

Now if nothing had a price, everything would still be here, why wouldnt life work the same if not better?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No excuse for this.

Remove the uniforms, guns, badges, ranks, offices held and what do you have?

An individual that is responsible for their own actions.

What does it take to change the essence of a human being?

Answer: Personal responsibility and a little compassion. And I am sorry would be nice too.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

A frigging damn men, You summed it all up right there. This video was disgusting, it honestly made me sick in my stomach. I dont know about any of you but I have been walking around with a knot in my stomach for the last week or so. Things seem to just be getting worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join