It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia apologizes to Aborigines

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Amazing stuff dock6, keep it coming! You have me motivated to do abit of research myself now.
And thankyou for sharing your firsthand experiences with us.
You seem to have alot of knowledge on the topic, have you published or written on this elsewhere more comprehensively?
You could almost publish a book with all this stuff. I think it would do fairly well too.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You guys are a disgrace, I can't be bothered trying to point out the many errors of your ways.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Tell me, I want both sides.
If any information given is incorrect please let us know.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
You guys are a disgrace, I can't be bothered trying to point out the many errors of your ways.

Please do... i am a very open person and i love to hear both sides of the argument.

Please be bothered.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I am not bothered about what he has to say, he is acting like a child

"wah wah, you are a disgrace"

Just because we don't buy into guilt trips, division merchants and parent/child relationships

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I am not bothered about what he has to say, he is acting like a child

"wah wah, you are a disgrace"

Just because we don't buy into guilt trips, division merchants and parent/child relationships

I came up with the parent/child relationship. CLICKIES

I buy into it lol...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well surprise surprise, the first lot of Compensation Claims have been lodged today. It’s only been 2 days, these people are never happy!

Mikey

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
Well surprise surprise, the first lot of Compensation Claims have been lodged today. It’s only been 2 days, these people are never happy!

Mikey

amen brother- a mate of mine got mugged last year by a black dude in London, he has since been askin every black person he meets to apologise for this, but alas, none have been forthcoming

We can but try!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84

Mikey

I read a news article on news.com.au yesterday that reported there were already 50 claims in the pipeline. I just did a quick search and couldn't find it again.

I found it funny that the day after they were already asking for Britain to say sorry and trying to make February 13th a public holiday...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
To all the bleeding hearts in Australia. How about YOU put your money where your mouth is. Simply send an email to the aboriginal leaders, and Kevin Rudd. Give your name address and bank account details .So that they know whose door to come knocking on for compo. That way people who think saying sorry was right can pay for their wrongdoing. In addition, people like my self who did not agree with saying sorry wont pay a cent. It’s a win, win and every one’s happy. You pay the compo, aboriginals are happy and so I am I.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by iammonkey
To all the bleeding hearts in Australia. How about YOU put your money where your mouth is. Simply send an email to the aboriginal leaders, and Kevin Rudd. Give your name address and bank account details .So that they know whose door to come knocking on for compo. That way people who think saying sorry was right can pay for their wrongdoing. In addition, people like my self who did not agree with saying sorry wont pay a cent. It’s a win, win and every one’s happy. You pay the compo, aboriginals are happy and so I am I.

I have to agree with that 100%, what an excellent idea.

Originally posted by SilentShadow

I found it funny that the day after they were already asking for Britain to say sorry and trying to make February 13th a public holiday...

Thankfully Britain didn’t give the sorry to them; The Queen has balls I guess.. As for a public holiday, what difference would that make? It’s not like the majority of them work!

Mikey

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

BRENDAN Nelson has been embarrassed by a racist version of an "apology" to the Stolen Generations being circulated by prominent Liberals who don't believe the Opposition Leader should have supported last week's historic gesture. The document is being circulated via email in Sydney by prominent Liberal and businessman Ian Goode.

www.news.com.au...

For the record here's the internal Liberal 'joke' apology doing the rounds:

"We apologise for giving you free doctors and free medical care and medications, which allow you to survive and multiply so that you can demand apologies.

"We apologise for helping you to read and teaching you the English language and thus we opened up to you the entire European civilisation, thought and enterprise.

"We feel that we must apologise for building hundreds of homes for you, which you have vandalised and destroyed. We apologise for giving you law and order which has helped prevent you from slaughtering one another and using the unfortunate for food purposes."

We apologise for developing large farms and properties, which today feed you people, where before, you had the benefits of living off the land and starving during droughts.

"We apologise for providing you with warm clothing made of fabric to replace the animal skins you used before. We apologise for building roads and railway tracks between cities and building cars so that you no longer have to walk over harsh terrain."

"We apologise for paying off your vehicle when you fail to pay the instalments."

"We are only too happy to take back all the above and return you to the paradise of the Outback, whenever you are ready."

This pathetic serve of fair dinkum Aussie ignorance should satisfy most of the posters in this thread, half of which are now on my ignore list... I maxxed out at 10 again :S

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join