It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans need to go on strike!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I understand. But what I'm trying to illustrate is that it's not necessary to go that far to make your point.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

If you'd read a couple of books on basic survival maybe you'd have a more positive thought other than "I can't drive my car, I haven't any food !! What am I going to do?? I only have these science/physics books to eat!!! What are we going to do?? WE're going to die!! I was too busy attacking John Lear and Bob LAzar to be prepared!!! Typical of your half empty mentality!! Read a few books on edible plants, edible mushrooms, learn how to grow you're own food!! Store some trace minerals!! Odds are Mr Lear and MR LAzar and Mr Swisher are a little more prepared than you for hard times!! But, at least you can explain to your relatives on why specifically and scientifically there's no food in the pantry!! You could possibly cannabalize one of you're family members I guess if you're so ill prepared assuming you have any close family members!! Oh and did I forget have a great day!!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh dear. People never cease to amaze me. Sure... go for it America - go on strike. Erm.. so how many companies would want to be based in America after such a massive industrial action? Every company capable of re-locating would simply upsticks and relocate to Europe and Asia.

I say go for it if you want to throw the US back to the stone age.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
Take a lesson from the French. They can organize and execute a national strike overnight. Here are a few examples:

www.google.com...

The French make their government work for them with their tax dollars.

Oh my god! Are Americans really that out of touch? The tendancy of certain elements of French society to strike are what have made France incredibly unattractive to all but the nationalised, heavily subsidised French corporations. They are also the reason why France is on the verge of bankruptcy. I suggest you look at the reasons why the French strike - pure greed mainly. Teachers and transport workers in particular have very, very, very generous pension entitlements and unemployment benefits. These are mostly relics from bygone eras and the privelaged few (the ones who strike) are bankrolled by the masses of hard working Frenchmen and women. A case in point was the last round of strikes on the Paris Metro, where to due an abscure and archaic piece of legislation train drivers got to retire almost a decade before other workers! The went on strike because the government was trying to push through reforms to make the system fairer!

Also, I live in the West Midlands, which was the heart of the British car industry - until stupid mass strikes killed it. Now there is hardly any car manufacturing around here except for a few luxury brands like Jaguar, Land Rover and Westfield. The normal people around here now talk about the strikers of the 70s with a venom and complete disdain.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistoli
Oh dear. People never cease to amaze me. Sure... go for it America - go on strike. Erm.. so how many companies would want to be based in America after such a massive industrial action? Every company capable of re-locating would simply upsticks and relocate to Europe and Asia.

I say go for it if you want to throw the US back to the stone age.

Then they'll shake their fists at the corporations as they leave, screaming, "Those evil, greedy corporations!"

Of course, with the laziness they are endorsing, they'll start demanding the rest of the world start giving them what they need and want. They'll soon turn to Canada and the UK, screaming, "help us!" and when you say, "You're capable of working, or providing for yourself, why should we?" They'll respond, "Why should we work! Just give it to us, you scabs! How dare you work, or expect we work!?!"

Fortunately, leeches like these are the exception, not the norm. I guarantee not a single one of these leeches ever makes it anywhere in life, just complaining about how they are slaves and believing everything should be given to them, without actually having to work for it.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

You are still creating divisions.....why have people on two different ends of the spectrum when they share the same common origin and membership to the human race? You guys are so hung up on the accepted ways and authorities that you fail to see the point and even though my friend darcon has given up i cannot find it in myself to do so. Its not about convincing you my friend its about uniting with you and all those so called scabs against the inherent divisions that we create ourselves. Perhaps the biggest lie of all is that we NEED money to sustain our technology and infrastructure and that without it we would be thrown into the stone age. THey want you to think like that....if you understand human nature like you said you do then you would understand this. Teach a man to rely on a system of lies, something that is controlled by a small few...teach him to love it labor for it, teach him to accept it and that when it disapears his life will as well. You see....then all they have to do is stand back and let us destroy ourselves because someone like you and me designed the whole damn thing to feed on our human condition's weaknesses. So what will that man do if he truly beleives his "money" is the be all end all in life? He will kill for it.......where is the good in that? So maybe its the perception we need to change....man, you guys just dont get it. Its not a pissing contest so when i say that do not feel angry or sad, or insulted. I feed the homeless, the sandwhich was given to me by the store owner who doesnt have to pay rent to be there....the farmers in turn gave the storeowner his supplies needed for the month with MONEY being involved. All utilities are free as well because they are produced with new age technology which we have.....what else is there? Who built the machines? Smart people did.....and they didnt get paid for it. Who cares....maybe they dont want to be able to BUY large screen tv's, perhaps they are too concerned with keeping their society running. Bartering, money, loans...its not about the substance but about how we perceive them. However the human conditions is such that it is vulnerable to a superficial system of lies. This is why society has failed and will.....by the way you said war will not disapear? Well....unless we still have war tribes and imperialists who want to kill everyone and have the land for themselves, yes war will disapear because it is fought for money and nothing else. Profit is the main concern for wars......because they accept that when you have to build infrastructure you need labor and therefore a monetary system. They destroy societies and build them up the way they want to, bascially to create a new workforce. Look at what is happening in india....all that outsourcing has peddled human labor around like its dust in a mineshaft.

If we work together we can keep our infrastructure. If we seek that which divides us, our society will fail. SImple.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUICE2
by the way you said war will not disapear? Well....unless we still have war tribes and imperialists who want to kill everyone and have the land for themselves, yes war will disapear because it is fought for money and nothing else. Profit is the main concern for wars...

Wow...this is just laughable.

Do animals kill each other? I'm not talking about a lion killing a gazelle, but intra-species. Do animals kill each other?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think the best way to change the society and corporate world is to change own consumption habits (like it was already stated before). Consume less and buy local goods from ordinary people. Dont get tempted from supermarket discounts.

Just buy everything from nearest shops so youll propably save gasoline and environment at the same time. You all are also free to choose your work and you dont have to contribute your work input to companies that degrade the employees. You also dont need the finest electronic gadgeds and big SUVs to get from point A to point B. Actually why drag 2 tons of steel to get one or two people relocated, stupid. And of course children want all those plastic things made in china. New toy every week, just to make them shut up during shopping. Could you maybe consider buying some locally made sustainably produced toys that last longer, doesnt contain toxics and makes you local dealer happy.

I know its hard but I can play hypocrite because Im relatively poor. But I dare to say that Im not a bit unhappier than the people with millions of $$$. I invest my scarce money to bio and local products and try to support my local dealer even if they have higher prices. I never eat at McDonalds, I rather support the local Joe´s grill.

I mean that people can do hundreds of things that make difference. This wouldnt throw over the big corporations but it would be a reminder that we can survive also without them. Life without money would be really nice thing but it would require some major planning to implement system like that. To maintain the curret level of commodities (or even a bit lower) in our lives requires so large amount of different knowledge and expertise that it wouldnt just work the way "you give me water I give you food".

Somehow people just have to become aware of how corporations rend the big bucks from their backs. At the same time when thousands of people have to leave their jobs the corporate leaders earn billions of dividends. At least it has certainly made me to think about the things. I may not have lots of alternatives to choose my work, but if I do I will most certainly choose the one that benefits my local community where I live.

I believe that when increasing amount of people worldwide are starting to think like I and others on this thread its going to make a difference! Its actually a quite simple decision not to be a lapdog to giant corporations. Work and consume so that it benefits your local community. Give up from luxus, think less about money and invest that time instead in your families and friends. It makes life just much more enjoyable in the end.

And it does NOT mean that you are being lazy! You just dont contribute to the corporations. We were happy before they took control over our lives and we will be happy in the future when their power is diminished.

Peace and love

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yes but are we animals?
WE might be but we have reason, a mind and fee will to make the choice. You still havent made the CHOICE to help us fix the problems and have chosen to accept the authority put in front of you. This is what divides us man.....animals do kill so therefore we should be taught not to. I dont get your question? Are you going to say next that some leaders thought genocide was the only way to rid the world of evil? They might think that but as we already know evil begets evil. Why not try releasing the truth or at least the correct ways to reach the truth?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I do not think this whole strike plan would work, as I don't think enough people would join in to make a difference. Also, a paradigm shift away from capitalism and materialism will take generations to implement. Nobody who is already entrapped by the New World Culture will readily accept it.

But Savior Complex, you must realize that you have bought into the New World Culture. From your writings I can tell that you are a fairly intelligent individual but you are trapped by only being able to think about this from one perspective. You raised the question of why one should give up a limited resource of their own for no reward. In the current New World Culture, it would seem like there is no reason. We've been taught to only care for ourselves; the Me Generation. We've been trained to look for differences between ourselves and others rather than similarities. What's worse is that we judge those differences superficially - that is, material possessions, looks, and such. And they want you to think that we can spend money and become better than someone else (social classes are divided by amount of money). They want you look at someone with an iPhone and go wow, I wish I had that. It is completely unnecessary and ridiculously expensive and the only reason to want to get it is to be perceived as "as good" as those who have iPhones. This is just one of the aspects of this culture. I may write a thread explaining the New World Culture in full. Eventually.

Imagine not caring that you have a limited resource but caring about the person who needs it more than you. Imagine a society in which the people are motivated intrinsically! That is the new Paradigm that will overcome the New World Order.

If you look at an Asian country such as China, you can see that it had changed a whole, whole lot in the past 20 years. 10 years even. The culture completely changed and it is pretty much like it is here, obsession with money. It is the spreading of the New World Culture. Why do you think the US has been constantly "destabilizing" governments in South America? The constant war, raids, bombing, and bad relations with the Middle East? The promoted irrational fear of Communism? It is all because they are the last (states of actual influence) that resist the New World Culture, which must be in place before the New World Order can come.

We give money value, not the other way around. Fight this culture of spiritual and intellectual stagnation! Peace.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by piiper2

Its not that easy man....some of us only consume what we need but the difinition of that word is different for everyone. Do i need a tv? NOt really but it helps be de-stress after a long useless day at my loan operations job. I look at numbers all day that i cant even enjoy a good book anymore since my brain is so exhausted. So its not that easy for everyone....our wants and our needs are pretty much combined because of the fact that labor is attched to gaining monetary wealth and economic freedom which is directly attached to unconditional freedom. Arent we supposed to have that already? Does freedom have conditions? It shouldnt but it does....its a double edged sword. Do people need cars? not really but they are born into this system where they will have to work miles away from home because they cant AFFORD to live in the cities.
So now they are forced to consume oil, space, gas, and other things like alcohol, drugs, movies, recreation just to balance out their lives. Then they have to buy nice clothes because most people worry a lot about the perception of others who like to sit there and judge like some posters onthis thread instead of beleiving in unity. So even if you dont feel like this you are forced to accept it and im tired of being forced to accept anything. MAybe the first thing we should do is make food free....how about that? With certain conditions that we set out to feed the homeless.....and since it isnt about money lets sign up restaurant owners who are willing to do this for the good of a human being and not profit. There is no quick fix and i didnt come on here to produce one. Just trying to change the way people think.....whats wrong with unity? NOTHING AT ALL.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUICE2
Yes but are we animals?

I dont get your question?

Yes, we are animals.

And since you don't get the question, I'll spell it out for you. You claim that war and murder and death will disappear once we remove money. However, watching the world around us proves this is not true.

Animals have no concept of money or greed. Yet, watch what happens when a solitary male lion enters a pride's territory. Or watch what happens when a wolf-pack enters another pack's territory; or for that matter if a bear or mountain lion gets in their territory. Wonder why wolves or lions are so quick to kill, even without concepts of greed or money?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Which means we are not Animals. Yet we become Animals with such a thing like money is around to control are very existence . MONEY is the root of all EVIL

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

Not only could everything be free but people would be able to do what they love. Or learn what they love. People would become more productive actually. I went to college and earned a Bachelor degree. I'm still paying on my student loans. I didn't learn anything that I couldn't have learned being an apprentice. The system profited. It's an ugly system and I'm glad there is someone else that feels the same. It gives me a slight bit of hope although I'm running out quick.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon

Which means we are not Animals. Yet we become Animals with such a thing like money is around to control are very existence . MONEY is the root of all EVIL

Boy, for someone who enjoys calling people ignorant, you sure do enjoy indulging in ignorance. Humans aren't animals? Scientists would love to disagree with you. Let's look at the scientific classification of humans...

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Mammalia

Order: Primates

Family: Hominidae

Genus: Homo

Species: H. sapiens

Subspecies: H. s. sapiens

See that first part? Kingdom: Animalia....it's means we are animals.

Personally, from your repeat of cliches, I think you are not a human, but rather parrot who has learned to use a keyboard. Which I will admit is an amazing feat. Dracon want a cracker?

Joking aside, let's disect your cliche for a moment. Money is the root of all evil, is it? I think we can find common ground and say that rape, or various forms of abuse such as touching little kids or beating your spouse are evil acts. So, where exactly does money come into play in those forms of evil?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You may be right, but we have they ability to love. If money was not there, the love would come out. But we are an Oppressed society, and you obviously do not want change. You would rather continue down the path of destruction.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
You may be right, but we have they ability to love. If money was not there, the love would come out. But we are an Oppressed society, and you obviously do not want change. You would rather continue down the path of destruction.

Animals are capable of love too. You should get a dog.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have a dog, i am sure it knows how to love but it does not have the I.Q. that we do. They have more of an animal instinct than Humans do. We as humanity can change, but it is up to humanity as a whole.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It does not matter what i say you will not change due to the fact that you already have your mind set, to Follow the Materialistic Side of life. You do not want to see what is on the other side of Fence. Freedom, what is freedom? It is not what we have now. Do you think humans were supposed to work all there life and then Die?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I went to college and earned a Bachelor degree. I'm still paying on my student loans. I didn't learn anything that I couldn't have learned being an apprentice. The system profited.

And ladies and gents, we come to the root of this particular member's greed. TA-DA! She's upset she has to pay back someone, instead of just having it handed to her for free.

You didn't profit? You didn't get an education out of it?

Are you not doing what you love? And who's faults that? Oh yeah, the system! You blame the faceless system because it shields you from taking any responsibility for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join