It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans need to go on strike!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I was just reading a post about how Americans need another civil war. This got me to thinking about there being a better way. American's need to go on strike. Quit your jobs. The corporations and governement make money from us working. They depend on it. If we are slaves like some have said then just stop. Stop working, stop consuming. Just stop. Of course it won't work if just a handful participate. We have to beat them at their own game. In fact, lets ALL go on welfare. Let's take money from them. (Them being the gov't and corporate scabs that continue to work.)

I think I have said this before with little response but I would like to put it in it's own thread so I can get more minds chipping away at it. Please help me tinker with this idea. How can we make it work? Or tell me how it is doomed to fail so I can get over this and move on to something else. ***Please put some thought into your posts. I really don't want people just posting how stupid I am and how this will never work without an explanation of why.*** Okay, I'm putting on my turtle shell now to protect myself from the hurtful words that I'm probably going to have to endure.... here goes.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by stellawayten]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I think you may be onto something. Combine that with peaceful demonstrations across the country, and I'm quite confident it would be effective. Problems I see include:

1. lack of a broad communications network that would reach/convince enough people to get critical mass participation (I doubt the MSM would help at all, possibly actively do the opposite).

2. lack of a leader who could inspire enough following to make it effective (Ron Paul or Obama?) I'm not sure Ron Paul would actually get such a following in numbers, but they'd certainly be enthusiastic.

I was going to say clarity of message, but if you could really get enough citizens to strike, that would be a message in and of itself.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What are we going to eat and with what money are we going to buy gas?
Presumably, everything will be closed, the sewage system will back up, there'd be no electricity or water and we'll promptly die.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What are we going to eat and with what money are we going to buy gas?
Presumably, everything will be closed, the sewage system will back up, there'd be no electricity or water and we'll promptly die.

Sorry, I think that's funny. While some consequences would definitely be inconvenient, if the government lets its people die before working together to solve things, it just means that the worst fears expressed on these boards would have turned out to be true.

I hadn't considered the possibility that it would last for any length of time, and I don't think it could. More likely, I think it would simply send a strong message that could not be ignored, even if it was for one day.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well that is a great idea, there would need to be planning, like above is stated where would we get food? We grow it. we grow it before we go on strike. Of course we would have to keep this from the government and we would have to have a significant amount of people before we started, and i doubt most people would do it. That is the sad reality. I am all for a on strike plan, but only if more people would do it.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
it IS a good idea. a strategically planned strike.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm surprised that yall like my idea. I didn't think it would be received so well.

Okay, my idea for food, etc. We grow a garden every summer and my husband hunts and traps wild boars. We could feed several people with the boars and we would. If we work together and share our resources then we would be just fine. I'm sure there are more hunters that would be willing to feed you.

And it couldn't last that long if many many many people participated. We need to remind the government that they work for us, not the other way around. It would hurt so many of the corporations if the average joe just walked away. It makes me excited to have positive feedback.

Please, bring more ideas to the table.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
oops... double post.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by stellawayten]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i THINK its silly. If you want to stop corporations and their greed then get rid of the stock market.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Why do you think it is silly?

I think it is something that we the people can do to feel like we are trying something. I know that there is no way that I can get rid of the stock market. How do you suppose we go about getting rid of it?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
IDK! Go blow it up for all I care. I'm just saying the stock market is a huge reason for corporate greed, it should of never been created.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Interesting idea. There are a few people that might not be able to participate though. While it's great to make a point, there are a few sectors I would not like to see striking.

Heath care workers would be the main group that I don't see being able to participate, unless you think it would be ok to have people die for something like this.

Also, you suggested that everyone go on welfare. How are you going to get it if the welfare office is closed?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
good point about the welfare thing. It's not a necessity, just a thought. As far as health care goes, can't we take care of each other? I feed you pig and you take care of my health... get the idea?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well, thanks for the offer of pig, but I live on a kosher diet, and no meat at all actually, but I get your point.

What I am picturing is people who need drastic care. Critically ill, or people banged up in a crash, or somebody needing immediate surgury.
What about people who need electricity because they are on oxygen?

Are you qualified for those types of situations?

My point is a lot of planning needs to go into what you suggest. Maybe something like rotating strike shifts for some of what I pointed out.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Surely we would have generators for electricity... we would definitely need to plan it out.

I just really don't know who would be up for such a thing. I seriously doubt many would be willing to quit their job. It's hard to find many people that will stand up for what they believe in. If the American revolution against the british were to be held today, I doubt that many would participate.
It gets depressing when I think about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
OMG! I swear I did NOT see this before I started this tread...

If I didn't embed it correctly... here is the link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Actually the best thing to do would be vote Ron paul. The soldiers who serve granted him the most support and he defends whatever is essential to us as Americans. Thats the constitution.

Plus he leaves little room for doubt on whether or not 9/11 was an inside job. We should have rallied and went on strike already while voting him in my point of view.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul is out my friend, I would love it if ron paul won the election, but he is out of the race. If the Americans go on strike they would need to be organized and well planed.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by darcon]

[edit on 13-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

THe point is, and this post is for all to understand, that we dont need money to be human anymore!! All we need are ourselves because it was upon our backs that this infrastructure was built which makes it our society. MOney is only used for control, the fact that you actually and literally attach it to the human need for food kind of scares me. If we all go on strike we will be forced to cooperate and what do you think that means for your food and gas?

Its about making the choice and if you can have enough people on your side, we can continue as we do (we might have to give up a few things but who cares) without the frustrations of money and being controlled. THAT IS THE POINT. I get you OP GOOD JOB
!!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
i THINK its silly. If you want to stop corporations and their greed then get rid of the stock market.

That or for a high percentage of people NOT file a tax return or just fill out your tax form as all zero's.

That would throw the IRS into a big hissy fit. LOL
75.7 Million people file Zero as their yearly income for 2007 , 2008.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Nailer]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join