It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenneth! What's the Frequency Kenneth?!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have had some really strange synchronicities in the past two days surrounding “What’s the Frequency Kenneth?” I can’t get it out of my head, so I looked into it a bit. Now I feel like my brains are scrambled.

Here are some oddities I have noticed as I started digging. First stop, YouTube. The video itself is filled with all sorts of strobe effects. I shouldn’t have to tell any serious CT about strobes.

www.youtube.com...

The song is based on a bizarre event which took place on October 4, 1986. Anchorman Dan Rather was approached by two men, while he walked down Park Avenue at abou 11 p.m. One of the men attacked him from behind and began beating him, shouting in demand, “Kenneth! What’s the frequency Kenneth?!!!”

Now let’s skip back to the previous month. Rather had signed off his newscasts for a week somewhat enigmatically, with the single word “courage.” That same week in September, Arab extremists had threatened to “become familiar with your skyscrapers and extend the terror campaign to the United States.” Coincidentally enough, the topic of Dan Rather’s last piece was the 9/11 attacks, and he signed off his final broadcast with that word “courage.”

Anything odd related to Dan Rather specifically linked to the date of September 11? Well, yes there is actually. On September 11, 1987, the year after the “Kenneth” attack, Dan Rather up and walked off the set leaving the networks scrambling to fill the slot. There was a full six minutes of dead air. A huge no no for television.

A few months later, Rather publicly assailed then Vice-President, and frontrunner for the Republican nomination, George H.W. Bush over the Iran-Contra scandal during a live on-air interview. It turned out to be a pivotal point in both of their careers. Rather’s ratings began a steady decline from that point on, while many believe this was a pivotal point in Bush’s successful run for President. The animosity between the anchorman and the Bush family was permanent. Neither President Bush has ever granted Dan Rather another interview.

www.newsbusters.org... gs/rich-noyes/2008/01/25/20-years-ago-tonight-dan-rather-s-failed-ambush-george-bush

www.time.com...

Dan Rather was also intimately involved with news surrounding Afghanistan, when it was the Soviets who were invading. The following article has some insights there. Obviously I don’t have to point out the connections with 9/11, Afghanistan, and the Bush’s.

www.communitycurrency.org...

Back to the main topic. On the last day of August 1994, the day before September, a man named William Tager murdered NBC stagehand Campbell Montgomery outside of the “Today” show studio. The motivations for the murder take several tracks, but supposedly the murderer believed that the media had him under surveillance and were beaming hostile messages to him. In 1997 a writer for the NY Daily News claimed to have solved the mysterious attack on Dan Rather, saying that it had been William Tager, demanding to “know the frequency,” all those years earlier. Dan Rather positively identified the man from a picture.

But apparently there is much more to the story. Read the following…

everything2.com...

This article really blew my mind when I found it, because I had a synchronicity yesterday in relation to the downright bizarre movie “12 Monkeys.” So, now we have Tager supposedly arriving in New York City on September 1, 1986 from a parallel universe in the twenty-third century. (Born 2265. Half of 22 is 11.) One day shy of eight years later, on the last day before the month of September, Tager commits murder. Twenty two days later (11 x 2) R.E.M. releases the single “What’s the Frequency Kenneth”

Then there is a completely different explanation for the attack on Dan Rather that is full of its own synchronicities. Notice the word “world” in here, I think it’s toward the end. And remember that Dan Rather used to sign off saying, “…and that’s part of your world tonight."

www.harpers.org...

Now we have the death of Dan Rather’s career over the documents relating to Bush Jr. and his service in the National Guard. I don’t have to rehash that whole scandal, but it seems pretty clear that Rather was set up with phony documents, that were probably actually telling the truth. The Bush’s decided to finally crucify him. Rather broke the story, on September 8, 2004. On September 19, 2007, Rather filed a lawsuit against CBS. The following article spins him into the land of “bizarre conspiracy” and irrelevance.

www.observer.com... thers-bizarre-allegations-files-motion-dismiss

My brain is pretty fried at this point, so I’m going to post, and come back later to try to make a little more sense of all this.

Some of these links may be repeated, but here’s everything I have open at the moment:

www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.ratherbiased.com...
www.harpers.org...
ask.yahoo.com...
everything2.com...
www.observer.com...
www.biographybase.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.communitycurrency.org...
www.time.com...
www.newsbusters.org...

[edit on 2/9/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey Jack!
I think you have something interesting here, I am going to go sort through all the info.
I did want to add this link to the actual lyrics of "Whats the frequency Kenneth?" by REM
Lyrics Whats the frequency Kenneth?
Its funny, that song was always my favorite REM song for no real reason and I always smelled something really fishy about the Dan Rather fiasco.
I will go do some research through your links, looks juicy my friend.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ok, that was quite the eye-opener.
You fried me too, and I look forward to delving deeper into this.

Do you have more info to post?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Welcome to the matrix.

The world can be such a bizarre place some times. Sounds like you are having a moment of clarity in the minds observational interpretation of events falling in less than seamlessly with points, past and present.

Interesting though.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Excellent and well-referenced thread, and truly a thought provoking series of incidents. The first question that springs to my mind, is who was the second unnamed assailant? If Tager truly was the first, then he should be able to name the second. Also, if Tager was under some kind of psychosis, did the 2nd assailant share exactly the same delusion?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Things are just going to get weirder my friend. They will come.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You want to know something weird. Back in Aug. of 86 I sent a mental message to the starship Andromeda. By the way my name is Kenneth.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

Not at this time. I'm a bit leary to dig at the moment after what I went through yesterday. It's a bit more than I can actually put into words at his this time, but was quite taxing to say the least. It was quite difficult to eve get out what I managed to. It was almost as if someone was running an "interference frequency." (No, I did not actually hear anything, other than some ringing in my ears which I tend to get from time to time.)

I will certainly post more information when I find it though, or am able to make a little more sense out of all this.

Any outside thoughts, interpretations, findings, etc., are most certainly welcome.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

This is one of the things I thought of right away too. What's the story with the second person? For some reason, Dan Rather prefers to leave out that detail in later re-telling of the story.

It is also important to note that Tager was never actually charged in the assault case. Just because he is serving a 25-year sentence does not mean that the the authorities would not bother to follow up on the case, for that reason alone anyway.

[edit on 2/10/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is weird because I remember Rather and another anchor talking about "What's the frequency Kenneth?" as coming from Rather's reporting from a political convention. 1968 GOP?? I think he got assulted on the floor (bumped and stuff) and it should be on film.

I thought I remember hearing REM relating the same story for the song title..

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I found the story, but no mention of the catch phrase. Still a bizarre event to have happen at a "democratic" convetion. Very Gestapo-esque if you ask me.

1968 Democratic convention

During live coverage of the 1968 Democratic National Convention, Rather attempted to interview a delegate from Georgia who appeared as though he was being forcibly removed by men without identification badges.

As Rather approached the delegate to question the apparent strong-arm tactics of the Chicago political machine, he was punched in the stomach by one of the men, knocking him to the ground. "He lifted me right off the floor and put me away. I was down, the breath knocked out of me, as the whole group blew on by me...In the CBS control room, they had switched the camera onto me just as I was slugged."

SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org... he_frequency.3F.22

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Um, why does Dan Rather's profile page on Wiki have this address?

en.wikipedia.org...22Kenneth.2C_what_is_the_frequency.3F.22

And there are those "22's" again too.

EDIT to add: And why did it automatically link? I tried to post the adress raw.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Um, why does Dan Rather's profile page on Wiki have this address?

en.wikipedia.org...22Kenneth.2C_what_is_the_frequency.3F.22

And there are those "22's" again too.

Creepy? Maybe.

The number 22 is a powerful number.

Let me go over a few 22 things.

John F. Kennedy died on Nov 22 1963
Huxley died on the same date Nov 22 1963
C.S. Lewis died on the same day Nov 22 1963

...11 22 is the 911 in Pakistan.

22 chapters in Revelation
22 Hebrew letters (numbers) in alphabet
Pslam 22 relates to the Crucifixtion of Christ
22 is the number of yards in a chain..old brit measurement
22 tarot...main tarot cards
22 warns of police in French
Lets look at music....11 notes in a Chromatic scale
Apollo 11...first on moon
....many more
11-22 1963 JFK DEAD...11-2-1963 NGO DINH DEIM ASSASINATED

I'll stop for now. Powerful number...11 or 22

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Stop. Now I'm buggin' out again. I was just about to post this regarding Dan Rather:

...he was the first network television journalist to report that U.S. President John F. Kennedy died in the November 22, 1963 shooting in Dallas. He was also one of the first to see the Zapruder film showing the assassination.

SOURCE:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

OK...here is a weird one.....

November 22 1977 birth of the internet....known as A1977 - "First three nodes of the ARPAnet are connected, in what would eventually become the Internet.
RPANET...en.wikipedia.org..." quote from wik..

[edit on 10-2-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

No. I just posted about strange internet anomalies in another thread, and was about to reply to another person who noticed a "glitch" as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

uhhhlook at my points now...1622....weird...just a weird number while we are talking or posting about 22...yea I noticed the post button is gone.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Too friggin wierd!!!!

I was looking at the date and time on my last post, trying to divine something from it. 2 an 11 is 22. In the time I posted, which was 12:01, if you add the one and one you get 22. I couldn't figure out where the "0808" fit in though. Now you show "1622"!!! 8 and 8 is 16!!!

EDIT to add: My next to last post actually.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is TOO MUCH!

Reoccuring numbers...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If you google 1122 MKULTRA...you get a lot of hits.

If you want info of MKULTRA send a request to Mind Control - MKULTRA - More. Mind Controlled Agents Involved In Mass Killings - Why? ... P.O. Box 1122. Malibu, California 90265

or go to dogpile and search 1122 MKULTRA....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join