It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how come the IRS doesn't just send a bill?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

They expect a certain amount of money in taxes but whether or not they have line items for interest and penalties is something I don't know.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

This is the digital age, where numbers can be linked dynamically.

Most of the numbers are dynamically linked as the majority of your income numbers from employers, banks, investments, etc are reported to the gov't and stored in those giant databases. But it's still not enough to accurately determine taxable income and tax liability without knowing your deduction situation. The income info they *do* have stored does make efficient, computerized return processing possible, though.

The IRS expects more than half of returns to be filed electronically this year. This is an efficiency you can't realize with bills from the IRS that have to be mailed.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
it's still not enough to accurately determine taxable income and tax liability without knowing your deduction situation. The income info they *do* have stored does make efficient, computerized return processing possible, though.

right, so its better to start with a baseline than a shot in the dark, or do you disagree?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by tommyknockers

I think they're charging 8% interest these days.

as to where that money goes, gov't coffers, to be wasted on pointless wars against terror and other such things

Correct me if I am wrong but they only charge you if you don’t pay at the end of the year. There is no good reason for anyone to allow there employer to send them anything over the course of the year. Why not keep that money in your own bank account where it belongs until it is due?

It was stated in an earlier post that most people don’t even realize that a tax return was your money to begin with. The whole idea of sending way more money to the IRS over the course of the year than you will owe is a total con job pulled on the public

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
all taxes are due no later than april 15th of the following year (2008 for 2007). They can charge you an underpayment penalty if you are responsible for your own taxes (self employed or living on investment income) and you don't pay the minimum required amounts by January 15th of the following year (2008 for 2007)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Interesting thread 3 points

1. This is why you need to vote Huckabee he wants to get rid of the IRS and go to a flat tax greatest damn thing and simple in the world.

2. I hope you all like the IRS because even if Huckabee is elected it probably will never change. Why you ask? Because the elites pay no where near the taxes they should under the system and as he all know the golden rule he who has the gold makes the rules and right now the IRS is in their favor.

3. Self employed is the way to go because when you work for someone you get taxed and taxed and whatever is left over you get to spend where as when you are self employed you spend and spend and whatever is left over you get taxed. Just a couple points to think about.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They need taxes so the $ keeps being used as a currency. Not because they need the money

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Because allowing the Govt to do things that you can do for youself is careless and dangerous.

There are already plenty of people complaining about our freedoms being lost and now you want to add another to the list?

Pretty dangerous when the govt knows your write offs better than you do.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Tax on earnings is illegal in USA and it was introduced in 1920's through back door by 3 evils; Rothschild, Rockefeller and J.P.Morgan. They force finance minister to put money printing (state business) into their filthy hands.
They tried to pass the bill for income tax which was never ratified and legalized in Congress.
You are paying 40% income tax on top of being tax on everything else you buying on a daily basis ILLEGALLY!!!
Many thousands of People on daily basis are refusing to pay any further after realizing there is no law or bill that states they have to do it.
All the trillions of dollars you've parted with went into private hands of those three assholes just like your Federal bank, which is Federal as much as McDonald's.
Just don't pay and let see if they can point to the book where clearly states you have to pay anything.
Open your eyes People. Money shouldn't go through back channels to Israel and private pockets but stay in yours instead.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Apolon]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Can you folks explain me one thing. Example: I have a rich uncle and he decides to just give me money, so he gives me about 30,000$. Does it mean I have to pay tax for it??? note: I know it is very illegal what they are doing and clearly there is no such law that states IRS tax

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Why do we gripe about this stuff? There isn’t a thing we’re going to do about it, they’re going to spend and we’re going to foot the bill….Simple. If every man, woman and child sat down on the ground and refused to budge until there was reform we may have a hope but until then we are cattle on a massive ranch controlled by a handful of rednecks with guns. They give us toys and trinkets to satisfy our shallow needs and when we all get too frustrated they give us big ticket sports events to chew our frustrations out on. We’re powerless against them because we sign up to the game and are way too comfortable to rock the boat lest we lose our cherished trinkets and charms. Why bitch? We’ve sold our souls and freedoms to these ghouls and we do not have the courage to stand against them. We’ve allowed the fast talking used car salesmen of the world to rise to power and sell us a life we’ve been told we need. Do we elect leaders? Do we elect people of honor? Do we even elect people with sufficient intelligence to do the job?....No! We elect the guy with the slickest approach and the best promise that the car we buy from him was only driven on Sundays by a little old lady! We buy into this gibberish hook line and sinker and then whine about it forever after. We have ultimate power as the people but we know, we’re to afraid to use it. So either pay the freaking salesman his price or do something about it. They’re going to kill and maim and tax and herd us toward the slaughter and we’re going to vote them in to get the job done. Either do something about it or go play with your X-box and quit your bitchin!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
3. Self employed is the way to go because when you work for someone you get taxed and taxed and whatever is left over you get to spend where as when you are self employed you spend and spend and whatever is left over you get taxed. Just a couple points to think about.

amen, i learned that over the past couple of years.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A friend of mine sent me a video recently over this very topic. I'm not sure how many of you have seen it but I believe that it summarizes this topic well.

Video Link

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great thread.

I have a question...

I work for a very large US company that every year, virtually forces each and every employee to give money to the United Way. Allthough I donate, I have always held a conspiratorial view of what was happening to my money. I believe that as my donation is deducted from my paycheck, it is put, by my employer, in a reserve to be donated at a later date. All the while it is a) gaining interest for my employer, b) "donated" at one time during the year in which my employer receives a large tax deduction, or c) both.

Do any of these things happen with my withheld payroll for taxes? Do these monies leave payroll, and go directly to the IRS at the same time I receive my pay, or at a later date?

Thanks for any input-KS

Edited: Unacceptable grammar

[edit on 2/7/2008 by Kaiser Sohse]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

Sniff Sniff *weeping* I couldnt of said it better myself.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiser Sohse

payroll is withheld on the spot and the taxes are generally paid either once a quarter, once a month or semi-weekly, depending on the size of the payroll/taxes reported. If the taxes accumulated hit $100,000 in any deposit period, they are due the next business day. The money might sit in the company account for a short period of time, thereby earning them a bit of interest.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Interesting thread 3 points

1. This is why you need to vote Huckabee he wants to get rid of the IRS and go to a flat tax greatest damn thing and simple in the world.

2. I hope you all like the IRS because even if Huckabee is elected it probably will never change. Why you ask? Because the elites pay no where near the taxes they should under the system and as he all know the golden rule he who has the gold makes the rules and right now the IRS is in their favor.

You do realize that the top 1% of income earners pay over 50% of the tax revenue, and the top 50% pay 96% of tax revenue. That means the bottom 50% is paying 4% of the tax burden. Screw those elites, they're not paying their fair share. Just because they provide jobs by assuming financial risk in investment, who do they think they are?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

you lost me.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Why do we gripe about this stuff? There isn’t a thing we’re going to do about it, they’re going to spend and we’re going to foot the bill….Simple.

Please speak for yourself and not other Americans. We stood up, we don't pay unfair taxes, and haven't for years. They sent one letter, I sent one back, haven't heard from them in 7 years. When they know you know, they leave you alone.

Tiltle 26 Chapt.1 (112) VOLUNTARY MANDATE... I choose not to enter the mandate, this is the choice we have.

Only 2 groups end up in court,
1) those who filed and cheated, and
2) those when contacted say "I don't owe you that much!" What you have just admited is that you owe something, just not that much, off to court you go!!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KanehBosm

Would you be willing to share the content of those letters?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join