It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Protest Wikipedia Images of Muhammad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Glad to see some sense finally made on this board regarding this.

It has always been forbidden, centuries before you or I were born, and now all of a sudden people wanna try get all "pc", and just being disrespectful about it.

smh how sad.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Maybe its just me but I don't remember much to do about muslim art and pictures of Muhammad being shown and hollered about, until after them Terrorist Attacks upon the United States on 9/11.

After that it all hit the fan. IMHO

Also the PC movement really hit the USA and the left really went along with it. Almost to the point of taking there eyes (and ears) off the real enemy (probable most certainly in the plans of the evil doers to push the USA to be more PC so they can get us easier)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Uh, aren't you "shooting the messenger" here by attempting to blame the media? If they are making up stories, that's one thing. But if they are just reporting news events - and this appear to be just that - then what's your problem with it? Surely, you are not suggesting the media withhold all muslim news? Or is it just news about muslims doing stupid or ridiculous things you want suppressed?

Deny ignorance?????

Hey your getting the wrong idea.

I'm saying that there is so much more news to report than this, there are petitions for EVERYTHING, tv shows etc, I'm just seeing a pattern that media LOVE to show things about muslims, they know it's good news for them.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Maybe its just me but I don't remember much to do about muslim art and pictures of Muhammad being shown and hollered about, until after them Terrorist Attacks upon the United States on 9/11.

After that it all hit the fan. IMHO

Like I said media LOVE to show anything about muslims, it gets them attention.

You would't hear about them because nobody was interested before that.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Dang i am already starting to miss kangjia57.He would have shut everyone up good like he nomally does in his posts.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I do not really understand why this is "Breaking Alternative News"

First, it is from a mainstream news source. The OP never questions that, only questions Wikipedia, which is not a perfect source for information, but much more democratic than Rupert Murdoch's empire. In the 8 months I have been a member here, it has gone from being discredited for using News Corp. related sources, to them being used as reliable sources for Alternative News.

Second, not in response to the OP, but to FauxNews, this is blatant propaganda to cause Americans to live in more Terror. Every image of Muhammad that is on Wikipedia was produced by a Muslim, hundreds of years ago. One of the images in the FauxNews article even has a face covering painted over Muhammad's face.

In light of the many recent threads regarding Internet access being shut off to the Middle East, the upcoming 'Iranian Oil Bourse' and such, I view this 'news article' with quite a bit of scrutiny.

Gander at the Propaganda,
DocMoreau

Edit to add... And reading through many of the posts here, I am floored by the level of bigotry and ethnocentrism that going on here. I have to agree with centurion1211, is the only news you want to hear about muslims, are stories where they get killed? Sheesh...

[edit on 7/2/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
What the hell is wrong with media these days, there always has to be something about muslims, it's just some petition so what.

It's FauxNews.

This petition (the first signatory was on 4th December 2007) is going on for more than two moths. But now when it hit 100.000+ number it became propaganda worthy.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Seeing something like this only makes me want to do one thing...

...make my own tee-shirt will a 'depiction' of Mohhamad on the front...

AND when one of these scumbag idiots comes and gets all offended...

Just so i can say this...

"Got a problem with it, thats fine, too bad though, this is America, you scumbag, we got a little thing called the bill of rights, something you never heard of in that dirty 3rd world (bleep)hole that you came from, you got a problem with free speach, say something about it, thats the beauty of it, dont like freedom, then get the hell out of this country and go live in that (bleep)hole you came from"

At that point i would spit at thier feet and walk away... but thats just me...

... am i alone here, are most people just goig to roll over and say, "oh, we have to be 'compasionite' and 'understanding'..."

...in fact.. i think i just planed my weekend...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I would say you might just be scum too if that's how you act.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Yeh it would help if you also get your scum out from the 3rd world countries.Oh i forgot that cant happen...natural resources are running out

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

On topic, I dont know what is it with people not respecting others people wishes. Christians makes all kinds of noise when something about Jesus is said, painted, made or depicted in an offensive matter.

yes hordes of kumbaya guitar strumming christians indulge in mass riots with many deaths over cartoons, yes, super analogy- like equating a shoplifter with a rapist

Just respects other peoples faith, not all religions are equal. They have a right to protest and if Wiki takes them down out of RESPECT good for them.

Is it really that hard to give or show some respect?

I respect their right to act like whinging babies but not for the rest of the world to cowtow to their pathetic insecure demands

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Its called 'freedom of speech'.And is applied for both sides.Or is it not?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Seeing something like this only makes me want to do one thing...

...make my own tee-shirt will a 'depiction' of Mohhamad on the front...

AND when one of these scumbag idiots comes and gets all offended...

Just so i can say this...

"Got a problem with it, thats fine, too bad though, this is America, you scumbag, we got a little thing called the bill of rights, something you never heard of in that dirty 3rd world (bleep)hole that you came from, you got a problem with free speach, say something about it, thats the beauty of it, dont like freedom, then get the hell out of this country and go live in that (bleep)hole you came from"

At that point i would spit at thier feet and walk away... but thats just me...

... am i alone here, are most people just goig to roll over and say, "oh, we have to be 'compasionite' and 'understanding'..."

...in fact.. i think i just planed my weekend...

I have a t shirt which I wear- it has an image of muhammad with a bomb on his head- only it is muhammad ali, the ageing racist islamic ex boxing champ

Love to see them squirm about that one

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken

Its called 'freedom of speech'.And is applied for both sides.Or is it not?

erm, that is what I said, I respect their right to be free and have "speech" in the form of petitions to act like whining toddlers- and I respect the right of the rest of us to tell them where to go

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You are one Islam hater who tries his best to get his *****d up views out.It must be annoying when not many agree with you

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

You are one Islam hater who tries his best to get his *****d up views out.It must be annoying when not many agree with you

muhammad on a bike dude, if I looked for validation from an internet forum, that would be pretty sad

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Try make a difference when you are off your monitor.Other than that you are just spewing out more hatred that makes the muslim stance stronger

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Try make a difference when you are off your monitor.Other than that you are just spewing out more hatred that makes the muslim stance stronger

think you need to beam down from the SS ISLAMICFANTASYENTERPRISE chum

Anyone who has an issue with a man's image, portrayed by their fellow muslims, being shown on an internet, is a pathetic little baby who needs to check their insecurities- anyone signing that petition is not "strong", just incredibly sad and should be consigned to the 15th century

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
wow.

Here I was, thinking about how it was all explained to me years ago - the insult of idolatry, the way all images of prophets - Moses and Jesus included- are forbidden by certain sects out of respect for the prophets themselves, and how that concept evolved so nicely alongside a caution to respect the words of the prophets, not the prophets themselves, as the words were divinely inspired...

... and it turns out it`s all just a plot to enrage the type of yank who thinks that t-shirts are a form of witty discourse.

What a fool I`ve been.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
wow.

Here I was, thinking about how it was all explained to me years ago - the insult of idolatry, the way all images of prophets - Moses and Jesus included- are forbidden by certain sects out of respect for the prophets themselves, and how that concept evolved so nicely alongside a caution to respect the words of the prophets, not the prophets themselves, as the words were divinely inspired...

... and it turns out it`s all just a plot to enrage the type of yank who thinks that t-shirts are a form of witty discourse.

What a fool I`ve been.

yeah, what a fool, when you clearly are onto a winner, buddying up with people who take issue with the image of a man on the internet, you well up the intellectual ladder there. You probably saw the Taleban destruction of ancient sites (in the name of idolatory) a proper blow for freedom and respect

Classic stuff hombre

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join