It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new painting: Eternity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is my new painting I call Eternity. Its supposed to represent the basis of the universe... God I guess you'd say.. Energy, vibrations, Light, DNA, crystal forms and other shapes. Hmm, Don't know what else to really say.

This is done on canvas paper with acrylic paints, airbrushed mostly. I tweaked it a little with the computer, but not much this is 99% done by hand.

ETERNITY PICTURE

ALTERNATIVE LINK

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Damn man nice work!! I liked the other painting you have previously posted.

Would you mind checking out some of my work...nothing as quite spectacular as yours but comments are always welcome!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
right on man thanks.

Your art is great. People are tough to do too. Drawing people is all practise and perception. In your daily life you have to pay attention to the minor details of people and remember it. When I draw people I go from memory, and I know that no matter how ulgy the person it is, they still need to look relatively semetrical.

Your work is great,
But If I had to critique it.. Symetry in the faces. Equal distances from the eyes to the nose, and to the corners of the head. Eyes are the toughest I find. I screw up all the time. I just keep fixing it and fixing it until its too my liking. Sometimes we just like to settle because we're proud of our work, and in your case you should be. But its when you start to nit-pick that you refine your skills and learn to keep editing until it looks right. You just have to be picky to be a great artist I think.. Some guys are wayyyy better then me by far and I scratch my head and think.. these guys must have a lot of patience is what I'm gunna say to that. Or they've mastered their talent.

Good sketches.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Awesome, Caveman! I do watercolors and dabble a bit in acrylics, too. Would you mind telling me how you got the nice transitions between the blue and the white (you know, where the paint looks kind of hazy)? Is there a special technique to do this?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
Awesome, Caveman! I do watercolors and dabble a bit in acrylics, too. Would you mind telling me how you got the nice transitions between the blue and the white (you know, where the paint looks kind of hazy)? Is there a special technique to do this?

Its funny cuz I was just saying yesterday to someone else.. AIR-BRUSHING is amazing! People think you're SOOO good, but really it doesnt even matter because its just so easy and it looks so good.

Air-brush! A little metalic pointer you fill with paint and hook up to compressed air through cans or a compressor. Some people do AMAZING air-brush work. I'm only starting to.

Another way you could do it which sometimes work and sometimes doesnt... just water down your paint the more you wanna fade it, but it will probably drip and pool up on you, but it can work well if the surface is already dry.

Well hopefully that answers your question. Air-brushes can range anywhere from 75 bucks to like 400 bucks... mine actually cost 100, but WAS 400 for some reason. Anyways.. I would recommend one that works by External mix. You ALWAYS have to clean your air-brush well. The external mix ones cut back on half the cleaning and you get less problems. And even if the paint was to like harden up, you could still easily fix it.

Watercolours are fun. I've only ever made 3... not counting the ones when I was like 5.

Thanks for the nice compliment.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by CavemanDD]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
AIRBRUSH! I was wondering...

Well, before I invest in expensive toys, I'll try to improve my actual painting some more... but thanks for the tip.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
no problem.

As for air-compressors, get a small 3 gallon one if you get an airbrush. They're like 75 bucks to 150.. you can get em on sale for like 75 bucks.

Actual mini air-compressors designed for air-brush use are like hundreds of dollars, its rediculous. Just get a regular one. Or those spray cans, but thats kind of a waste.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That is beautiful!

I love that painting!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
thanks man, thats very nice of you

Glad everyone likes it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You gotta start doing something with your artwork bro, you're too damn good.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Very cool work!

I havent played with my airbrush in awhile, thanks for the inspiration!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
hey thanks guys.

And yes I am trying to do something with my art. But I want to work on my own, not for a company or something. I've been just trying to find people who need art, networking. Ahh whatever.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Your art is amazing. Id love to have that full sized hanging on my office wall in my home. Very very cool.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Very nice! At first glance it's typical abstract art, but I like the subtle symbolisms. 3rd eye radiance, dna, geometry, and crystals.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

And I can take a bigger picture of it, that way you can print off a high res version of it and do whatever the hell you want with it.

I got it on my deviantart page, but its the same size. You can order prints off there in any size you want but they make you pay a lot. Haha oh yes and I'd recieve like a 65 cent profit from it. They cut you a check if it reaches 20 bucks. Its a good way to get your art out though. I have mostly crap on that site right now because I was rushing to fill it. But theres some new stuff on there too.

heres the link if anyone cares to have a look:
cavemandd.deviantart.com...

Thanks for the compliments. Nothing but very positive feedback so far. You guys like my art more then I do.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey!

That's wicked, i love it! I have alway wanted to paint as a way of expression, but never quite got the hang of it. My girlfriend is great at still life but struggles with anything else.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thank you. Yeah it took me a while to get into painting. I hated it because I always thought I sucked at it. I have little control over my hand. Infact I paint like I draw.. I rest my hand on the painting when doing fine details. You gotta be careful not to smudge it that way!

Painting is great though because if you do think you screwed up, you can very easily paint over it. It just requires patience, and you need to have fun with it. You gotta really put your heart into it. I'd recommend doing it only when your in your BEST mood. Throw on some music, crank it up and get into it. Its much easier to create that way.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Awesome Caveman, Spectacularly Brilliant.

You are an artistic God

By the way you said you created a a thread on BTS, i read that on Pual Richards Profile, Do you know what it is called so i can Drop by

[edit on 12-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Good Job CavemanDD

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
thank you thank you. No need to bow, its not that good.

Just wait for my next one! It will make me a god among mortals, haha, well.. not quite. But hopefully it will be inspirational and beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join