It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new painting: Eternity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
Awesome Caveman, Spectacularly Brilliant.

You are an artistic God

By the way you said you created a a thread on BTS, i read that on Pual Richards Profile, Do you know what it is called so i can Drop by

[edit on 12-2-2008 by darcon]

ha no, I never created a thread. He was suggesting I should because I had a lot to say. I could though, but I feel I've got enough answers right now, I need to absorb what I've learned.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
How did you create it? was it on the computer or was it with some sort of E.T. tech that no on knows about except got you

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

If acyrlic paints, some brushes and an air-brush are extra-terrestrial in nature, then yeah. Well, the airbrush looks kinda high-tech, but I imagine aliens would have a much better way to paint then using compressed air. I'm guessing they would probably use magic. Much more efficient.

You should check out my new painting i posted, well actually its older, but its new to the board. Its in this section if you care to look later.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Caveman make some art for the new thread i made. It is about Imagination. So whatever you want the world to look like put it on you painting and post it on my thread. Since you are visual person. from what i can tell

[edit on 13-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

hmm, interesting. I will take you up on that. I keep post-posting an obligation I have to make some art for this other band however. Its not like they're paying me but I said I would so I should honor it.

But that means I gotta paint evil again, haha, I'm not in the mood for that lately.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Whenever you get to it man, no stress at all. Since you are an artistic Wizard, though it would go well in a thread like the one i just made. It essentially is about whatever people want This world we call earth to look like. No matter what people think. It is all about the imagination. thread is called "Imagine All the People".

[edit on 13-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I just posted in your thread.

I will make some art as soon as I can, and thanks again for the kind words.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Very cool Caveman, Inspirational and beautiful. The constellations in the background, the crystals and the soft tone depict some of the landscapes in my dreams. Amaizing keep it up!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SHADO13

Thanks for the kind words man. I wish I did a better job with the crystals, it was my first attempt of air-brushing using stuff to block/deflect the spray. Its tough, you just gotta get an eye for it I guess.

That constellation was like a last minute thing, its not really precise nor detailed, but if I did that, it would draw attention away, and i'd lose my depth! Sometimes you gotta do a sloppy job, just to make something else stand out.

I feel like i'm just validating everything I ignored in high school art class, damn.. i shoulda paid attention

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wel its very cool to me and I envy most of my friends who are artists. Being able to get your ideas to transcend into art is very difficult and those who can, such as yourself and my other buddies, well I consider highly gifted. There is always room for improvement... and hey you got got until the day you die to work on your masterpiece. But really keep it up!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
thanks man.

I keep telling people.. Art is all about being able to visualise. Its about memory and perception. You have to study everything in every day life and understand how and why it looks good.. As far as people, when watching movies or out in public stare at them, look for features you dont notice, watch how they move.

I have a good visual memory, and I mess up my work all the time... but because I can visualise what i'm doing, i can fix it. If you can visualise, then you can make art.

Myself, i'm not even very creative at all. I look at the stuff people produce and say wow... Simple stuff like logos or abstract things.. its beyond me. Creativity is the real gift.

I like painting something simple, or something I know. I sometimes crudely sketch some ideas but its tough to create new stuff on the spot. I have the problem of creating work with a lot of blank space left, or in only a couple layers. You need like 5+ layers to really get that feeling of depth. I'm slowly learning all these things.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Hey Caveman, Ive been checking out a few of your threads and links to your artwork. Pretty good work, you are an artist, and seem to be knowledgeable (or at least have enough experience to lend me some educated opinions
). Do you mind if I pick your brains a bit?

Very brief background: I have been doing a bit of mechanical work on motorcycles and ATVs, mostly carburetor work. I have been using canned air to blow out the jets etc. I recently won an auction on eBay for a VERY cheap compressor. 3 gallon, 100psi pancake compressor, $35 shipped to my door. This is to replace the canned air. I want the compressor to serve many purposes so I found a few cheap airbrushes on eBay as well. I got a 0.3mm siphon feed dual action; and a 0.2mm gravity feed dual action for about $15. I thought this would be a good way to get started airbrushing very cheap. The problem I ran into is paints, airbrush paint is damn expensive!

I am wondering if I can thin down something like Crayola Tempera Paint or possibly use watercolor paints, you know the type that come in little compressed dry pancakes? I would really rather not spend $6 for a 1-2oz bottle of Createx, or $40 on a 6 pack. I want to try my hand at airbrushing on the cheap.

Could you recommend something I could spray through the gun (after being properly thinned) that is VERY cheap? I dont want to break the bank on Createx, House of Kolor, AutoAir, etc... only to find out that I am crap at airbrushing, or hate using the airbrush.
I am looking to spend a couple of bucks on an array of colors, or at the very least primaries, white and black (I can mix my own colors). I will probably clearcoat with a can of spraypaint to start with. I very much appreciate your input if you reply to this. Thank you!

II

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join