It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hearing noises in my house

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ever since i moved in with my boyfriend i feel that we are not alone.. when he is not home i get the feeling that someone is watching me. i hear strange noises all throughout the house. some times voices and sometimes foot steps. sometimes i feel as if someone is looking right at me.. you know how some times when some one is close to you the hair ion the back of your neck stands up . that is the feeling i get. does any one have advice?

[edit on 3-2-2008 by miss_Janie]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_Janie

Leave the boyfriend!haha just kidding. Have you asked the boyfriend about it? Sounds like it only happens when your by yourself? First I would find out what happened to the last girfriend....it might be her,DEAD,trying to get your attention!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

This is how it started for me. Same exact way. Have you ever considered doing a house clearing or blessing? This has worked sometimes for me.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
years ago at my friends house there was a noise and banging everytime him and his friends were in on their own coming from upstairs,it wasnt the pipes or anything,they had to get a neighbour to go upstairs with a kitchen knife because he heard it to.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
more info .... well i think that the things happening to me is related to the passing of his brother. he passed away at the house. i mean nothing bad has happen to me . it just that certain things make noise. kind of like some one is playing tricks on me. and his brother was that way.i have caught my dogs looking out in the kitchen shaking their tales when no one was there

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by moonbeam cat

more info .... well i think that the things happening to me is related to the passing of his brother. he passed away at the house. i mean nothing bad has happen to me . it just that certain things make noise. kind of like some one is playing tricks on me. and his brother was that way.i have caught my dogs looking out in the kitchen shaking their tales when no one was there

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by imysbbad

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

when i hear noises now i take pics back to back and one will have orbs but the other wont. one pic has a werid light looks like a white string

[edit on 4-2-2008 by miss_Janie]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Don't you just hate that feeling?
I remember being at my grandma's haunted house, and practically flying down the stairs when I felt it! I would just stay outside when I was left there alone!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
does the home make noises at night? because homes actually expand at night due to cold temperatures..they expand and interact, moving all around. that could be the crackin noise that you are hearing. yes, houses move around at night. the woods in them are always alive and moving.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My experiences are largely around the scuffing of feet variety, and when i go to investigate, no one's there. It's always at night, when no one's up and moving, aside from myself. I've tried to lay it off as a computer noise, my hands brushing against something, or any number of other things, but none of those seem to be the case.

I'm at a loss... Whatever it is though, it's harmless, and even a bit humorous. "It" likes to "hide" from me.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Would you mind very much posting these pictures?

In the house in which I lived until recently, there were manifestations of a playful nature.

Music, voices, the tickling of bare feet of the sleeping.

I leased the house and lived in the small bedroom that had been a later addition to the original structure.

I sub-let the master bedroom and the second original bedroom.

I never experienced anything in my newer part of the house, but the rest of the house was active, according to my tenets and friends.

Tickling was experienced in both the living room and the master bedroom, voices and music in the kitchen, strange smells at times.

One area of the separate outbuilding, which I used for a studio, in particular, had an "old man smell" that seemed confined to the back corner, very distinct and pungent.

Fleeting impressions of "a lady in blue" were reported by one of my tenets on more than one occasion.

Between tenets I stayed in the master bedroom for a spell, but I never felt comfortable there, almost like the spirit of the house didn't want me in "her" room.

I came home one night in a teasing mood, concerning the existence of the spirit, and was overcome with a feeling of dread and displeasure at my attitude.

I apologized and the feeling immediately lifted, but I think I'd hurt "her" feelings because there soon followed a plague of fleas in the room and I was driven to move back to my original bedroom in order to treat the carpet.

I think she was happier with females living in "her" room.

The knoll upon which the house was situated, was named after the woman who had apparently spent her final days there, and I believe it was her spirit that was the prevailing source of the manifestations.

I'm not sure about the studio manifestation, though it had a fondness for tickling ears late at night.

motherofsquirrelkiller can authenticate a portion of the experiences in the house, since she was the first to be tickled on the feet.

Thanks for sharing your story miss_Janie, I look forward to any information you can add to it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Hi miss_Janie,

It would be good to see the photographs ... but the one in particular sounds like it might be ectoplasm (if not some kind of fault with the camera). Ectoplasm is not always seen with the naked eye, but will show up on photographs (same as orbs).

As to the spirit in question ... at least from the details you've given ... it does sound like it could be your boyfriends brother. For two reasons;

1. He died in the house

2. He's visiting family (eg; his brother)

Depending on the way he died, it could even be a case of him not realizing he's dead ... and is just carrying on as he did when he was alive ... because the place and people are so familiar to him.

Now, the thing to remember is this (and I know if you're not into the paranormal it can be very freaky ... scary even), if your boyfriends brother was a good guy when he was alive ... he is not going to become some kind of evil, monster ghost just because he's dead. If he wouldn't harm you then ... he won't harm you now!

The very way you describe the dogs reaction tells me he was a good guy ... tail-wagging etc.

Usually dogs get freaked when they see a spirit and will growl/wimper/shivver etc. That still doesn't mean they're seeing an evil spirit ... it just means they wonder who/what the hell they're looking at ... because it's not like the usual solid people they see (just confused).

In this case the dog seemed to recognize someone familiar and was not distressed by his presence.

The best advise I would offer is to talk to him (either out loud or in your head if you feel a bit silly). If you don't mind him being there tell him so ... but also ask him not to scare you when your alone ... because your just not used to him this way yet. In fact talk to him exactly the way you would if he was still alive and sitting on a chair in front of you.

Also you have to understand that if he's recently dead ... this is all new to him too and he needs to get used to the changes. Once he does, there's every chance he will move over of his own accord ... at the moment he probably just needs to be around familiar things and people to help him adapt.

I certainly don't think you have anything to worry about but if you have any questions please ask I'm happy to help.

Woody

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
does the home make noises at night? because homes actually expand at night due to cold temperatures..they expand and interact, moving all around. that could be the crackin noise that you are hearing. yes, houses move around at night. the woods in them are always alive and moving.

I hope you mean, houses contract due to the cold temperature shift.

That is the cause of most house noises, expansion and contraction due to hot/cold outside temperatures. On top of that, imporperly sealed windows and doors can lead to a chilling feeling in the house, whistling or odd noises, a furrowing of curtains...

Air in the pipes can lead to strange noises in the walls. If you have metal pipes (over PVC) that metal is subject to expansion and contraction as your house temperature fluctuates. (though the level of expansion or contraction is considerably limited when it comes to pipes....)

Further, attics with poor insulation/sealing jobs can lead to odd noises that may filter through the house (especially ventilation points) and sound like voices.

Thats not to brush off your experiances, just, try and rule out the ordinary before jumping to conclusions.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't think anyone suggested this, but keep a journal, or a log of the events when they happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
does anyone know how i can post pics

[edit on 5-2-2008 by miss_Janie]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
new info.. well we have recently started noticing orbs in our pics so we went back and look at our old photos and there is one that has wowed me. we have a picture hanging on our wall it was our family photo for xmas us two and our dogs and in between us is a ball of like . no this has been hanging on our wall for months and we never noticed till now.. the thing that gets me is right inbetween us.. how could we have missed it?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Smudge the house. google it. Lots of lavender layed about. Holy water spritzed about. Tell the spriit you don't want it there. Be firm. More than likely your husbands brother's spirit yankin your chain. Tell him off, and tell him to get the heck out. Go to photobucket to download pics, then upload to site, they will be filled with orbs, I gaurantee it.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Miss Janie, that would be a cue for you and your boyfriend to find a realtor, put up a "For Sale" sign in the yard and LEAVE! [all ghosts are bi-polar. tricksters one moment, grim reapers the next!]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
voice in house: GET OUT
caucasian couple: Doesn't this house have charm?

voice in house: GET OUT
black family: I think we should leave!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: Nothing racial intended here, but It reminded me of Eddie Murphy's stand up routine! peace.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Pinky that's funny as heck. But when I laid down 30 big for my house downpayment I wasn't going to let no Casper give me a bad day. I'll mess em up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join