It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hearing noises in my house

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_Janie

Hi again miss_Janie,

(and hi to you jpm1602 how the hell'a'ya doing my friend).

Janie, if you want rid of the spirit then the advise jpm1602 gave in his first post is excellent. Smudge the whole place (paying particular attention to corners/recesses), with Lavender ... White Sage ... or Sweet Grass. You can buy these from any new-age shop or herbalist supplier and you can use any one on their own or a combination of all. Once you've completed the 'smudging' I would recommend you place a small amount of salt (preferably 'rock' or 'sea' salt), in the corners of every room. This should be swept/vacumned away every week and replaced.

During the 'smudging' process (as you walk through each room), tell the spirit it's time for him to move-on in a firm (but kind), voice. The 'smudging' process can be repeated at regular intervals (eg; monthly/bi-annualy), as required (even if you don't have a spirit problem).

I think sir_stinky_pinky and jpm1602 (in his 2nd post), are being a little alarmist ... for example by making comments like;

'LEAVE ... spirits can be tricksters one minute and grim-reapers the next'.

or

'I'll mess em up'. (shame on you John)

Because you never implied that the spirit was in any way malevolent ... just that it had freaked you out a little because of the 'unknown' factor. (that's a natural reaction), no need to start throwing 'holy water' around like your on the set of 'The Exorcist',
as some have suggested.

I mentioned on another thread that in four houses where I lived (including my present home), I have had resident ghosts.

1. The house where I grew-up had the spirit of a man who had lived there in the past and had commited suicide (head on the train tracks near the house - early 1900's) . He was a troubled soul ... who did on many occasions scare the living s@#t out of me. But I was only a child at the time and didn't know how to move him on.

2. The second place where I experienced (almost daily), activity of some form or another was in a fairly modern house. The spirit in question was my son. I think he was there as much for me as he was himself and it was naturally very comforting to feel him around. When I had my youngest son (18mths after Callum had died), he used to play with him. It was lovely to see my baby son scooting across the kitchen floor (in his walker), giggling because his (spirit) brother was playing peek-a-boo with him.

3. The next place that had a ghost was the cottage I lived in when I first moved up to North Yorkshire. This cottage was very old (built in 1601), so not surprising really I suppose. This was the spirit of an old lady who made her presence felt as soon as I moved in ... and during the 4 years that I lived there, she was seen by numerous visitors. She was very sweet and never caused any problems at all. Her party trick was walking along the creaky upstairs landing and hearing her distinct footsteps either going up or down the stairs.

4. And finally the house I live in now. I live in an ancient market town (no more than a village really) and I moved into the 3 storey, victorian house last July. There are two ghosts here ... a man, who causes no problems - he seems happy to observe the comings and goings of the houshold - and a young girl about 10yrs old (I think she could be the man's daughter). It would be fair to say that 'Mellissa' (the young girl), is a precocious child (a little princess if you will).
and she was not at all happy that my son and I had moved into 'her' house.
During the first couple of weeks she had physically pushed me down the 2 steps that lead from the kitchen to the sitting room ... very ungainly for a lady of my age to be doing the splits
... and she locked me out of the house when I was seeing my friend out to her car. Luckily my son was upstairs, so there I was standing in the street shouting up at his window (top floor), for him to come and unlock the door. When he opened it the damn thing was not locked.
The only physical evidence of Mellissa was her footprints on the damp, wooden floor after I'd mopped it. These were witnessed by myself, my son an my mother (who was visiting at the time). The upshot is, that since I had a very firm chat with her and made her aware that she was not going to get rid of me that easily ... and if she continued to try ... she would be the one leaving, she's been very well behaved and caused no further problems.

So as you can see ghosts maintain the same characteristics and personalities that they had in life ... and there's a great deal of diversity between one ghost and another.

---------------------

If you click onto the link for my website (in my signature below), then click onto 'About Me & My Work' you'll see three choices (past-life ... paranormal ... pagan), click onto the paranormal button and read the 'Hill Farm' account, about a house I was called out to, to clear of it's resident spirit.

Note; when you go to the website it will say 'restricted site' but you can join for free and membership is instant ... it's just so I can see who's checkig out the site.

Ask any questions I'm happy to help any way I can. Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Cleansing Your Home:

You don't have to necessarily "smudge" your house with sage/rosemary, however it is an effective method...You can smudge your house with incense also.

Use either holy water or regular tap water over which you say a prayer.

You may also use candles (of course never leave candles unattended)

Burning camphor while ritually walking around the room in circles also has the same effect.

You do have to physically clean your house first in order for any "cleansing" method to work. Get rid of clutter, wipe down windows and window sills, open window while cleaning to purge house of any negativity. Then perform your choice of "cleansing" method while verbally insisting that whatever is in or around the house moves on and be assured to stress the "not welcome" part.

If you are religious, try adding symbols,statues, artifacts of your religion to the room that you feel most uncomfortable in.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_stinky_pinky

' All ghosts are bi-polar: tricksters one minute, grim reapers the next '

I'm intrigued by this -- could you explain further, please ?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hi woody, I've missed you sweety. Hope you are well. The only reason I said I'd mess em up had to do with an incident I experienced. 3 yrs into my house, no problems, but next door farmhouse goes back to 1870 and a number of residents there have had interesting experiences. Kids poked in back while asleep, a murder, other stuff. My house is much newer 1953.
It's cozy, safe, and warm. I had an experience where me and gf had just been intimate. An entity of serious nature perched at the bedroom door and wasn't feeling the love for me 'at all'. I have crucifixes in most rooms, the one to my bedroom is blessed. I think that's why it could not progress further. I was filled with fight or flight and I gave that doorway the best roundhouse kick I ever had. Didn't connect, but it never came back either.
My gf corroborated the incident. She felt it too.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hello everyone who has kept up with the info i have give i have a site now with just those certain pics.
missjanie.pictiger.com...

also here is the family pic
www.drivehq.com...

last night we were playing with the dogs and i took some advice and begain talk allowed to who ever is with us. and took a pic and next to my boyfriend was an orb then i made the commet that " you know your brother misses you" and took another pic and the orb is on my boyfriends face here are the pic
www.drivehq.com...
www.drivehq.com...

[edit on 2/5/2008 by miss_Janie]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I personally don't know what to make of "orbs" but I am curious as to how your dogs react in the house.

If they are not disturbed or reacting, then the presence is good and like others suggested, is your relative.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Wow Janie,

That last image brought a lump to my throat ... it's lovely. There will be sceptics who say the orbs could be some kind of reflection off whatever the silver badge is that your bf has on his top ... but I don't think this is the case at all because those orb(s) actually have construct. You can see this clearly when the images are enlarged.

I'm glad you decided to converse with the spirit. When you told your bf that his brother missed him, was this an intuitive thought that popped into your head ? What made you say it ?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well if you believe that something paranormal like spirits or something is going on you could try to do some recordings with a microphone, and seeing if anything gets picked up while letting the audiorecording running for lets say a few hours. (Asking questions to the entity in the meanwhile if you believe there is one :p) Maybe you'll end up with a good EVP and some answers for yourself.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

woodwytch. the reason i said that my bf missed him is because they were so close and when he died my bf had a hard time. with it. he still is. so i just wanted his brother to know how much he missed him.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

My feeling is that we are surrounded by beings from other dimensions who observe and help us, some are positive, some are neutral. I would not worry. The universe is a very populated place. Go about your business and try to be positive. Above all don't worry or fear it. Most likely, it's nothing.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hi Janie,

I think you just found the answer to why your bf's brother is sticking close. He's there to help him through the grieving process ... that last picture confirms this ... that's why I found it so touching.

I have a couple of questions ... you can u2u me the answers if you don't want to post them for all to see.

1. How old was your boyfriend's brother when he died ?
2. How long is it since he died ?
3. What caused his death ?

I understand that these are very personal questions and I respect your decision if you choose not to answer.

Woody

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the pics, miss_Janie.

You make a cute couple.

In the family pic, it looks like the big black doggy is interacting with the orb, seems to be looking right at it, no?

Best of luck to you and your family.

BTW, Wonderful advice, woodwytch...

[edit on 6-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

well woodwytch i would like to say is that this is a whole new world for my bf he never believe in any of this till i came alone.. i am not for sure how old his brother was when he died and i am afraid to ask him. beause he is having a hard time dealing with this after i took that pic of the orb on his face it made him think about his brother again. now i do know that his brother passed away in 2003 and the way he day is ... well sorry to say but he caused his own death. and my boyfriend is the one that found him................................ maybe that is why it is so hard for him
miss_janie

[edit on 2/7/2008 by miss_Janie]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Hi Janie,
Thank-you so much for answering the questions (particularly in an open post). Well I tuned-in to your answers to see if I could pick anything up ... never done this kind of thing at such a distance before so bare with me.

(The questions);

You said that you didn't know how old your boyfriends brother was when he died ... I'm sensing he was about 20-23 yrs old.

He died in 2003 (5yrs) ... a long time for your boyfriend to have been carrying such pain, and it's taken quite a toll on him.

I was pretty confident that his brother had taken his own life after seeing the photographs of your boyfriend ... that's why I said you could u2u me the answers, if you didn't want to post them here.

I can't begin to imagine how awful it must have been for your boyfriend to find his brother dead like that ! Your boyfriend has tormented himself so much since then ... because he feels he should have been there to stop him.

He's showing me a picture of the two of them when they were little boys. There doesn't look to be much of an age gap between them and I can't tell which one is the oldest ... but your boyfriend (even if he's the youngest), was always the more level-headed one ... even as a child.

In the picture I see snow on the ground ... both boys are wearing thick coats and big smiles and have little bikes. This is how your boyfriends brother sees them (obviously a happy memory for him) ... they would have been about 3-5yrs old.

He want's his brother to know how sorry he is for letting him find him that way. He says he was too hasty ... and was pretty scared when he realized he'd actually done it ... didn't know what to do !

He also want's his brother to know that he did hear what he said to him.

He likes you and knew you would help his brother because you'd understand. You are a very perceptive person and have a subtle approach to the situation.
You understand the loss your boyfriend feels ... but sometims you feel lonely yourself ... his brother is trying to bridge that gap. You have a natural empathy and your love is genuine and true.

Your boyfriend's brother felt 'overwhelmed' by what was happening ... left it too long ... didn't see what was around the corner. He feels great regret and anxiety for the effect it's had on his brother.

He says his brother was his 'hero' ... always the brave one

He want's his brother to forgive him and not feel guilty for the things he couldn't change.

Your boyfriend has a skill that he's not putting to good use ... his grief is dulling his potential. His despair is sometimes overwhelming but he would be foolish to let thinks sink to the botttom ... he can put the experience to good use ... time to move forward !

His brother is showing me the words 'High Spirits' and saying ... 'don't feel guilty when you have fun'.

He's also showing me a ring and cause for celebration ... as in some kind of commitment between you and your boyfriend.

A new era is on the horizon ... your boyfriend has some very deep emotional feelings ... his brother is determined to push him forward ... bring some contentment back into his life.

*(why would he be showing me an empty bathroom)* ???

He says he still feels like part of the family and he tries to leave little signs whenever he can so your boyfriend knows he's still close by.

Whilst I was doing this three names kept popping into my head ... don't know what if any connection they have but they were ...

Nick ... Richard ... Steve.

I don't do this very often nowadays, so I'm a bit rusty (these names may have been other spirits trying to get through so I don't want to say they definately have anything to do with your boyfriend or his brother).

Ok Janie I don't think there's anything earth-shattering here ... but there may be something that strikes a chord with your boyfriend

Love and Light, Woody.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well you sure have a serious "orb issue" going on in these photos...
Don't sweat it, it sounds like you've got a decent entity about. Additionally, you have a dachshund. Based on my experience, ghosts are allergic to "weiner dogs"!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I had my house blessed by the clergy. I read biblical verses throughout the house while carrying a crucifix. I even had the Vatican send a priest to exorcise my house.

Then I learned I just had a bad water heater.

Peace

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

You're a funny guy ... love it Dr Love.
Humour always makes things a little better.

Ok I'd better just type a line of crap ... just so I'm not posting a one-liner ... aaaannnnnd there y'go.

Woody

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
well woodwytch the three names you said one is the winner. but i tryied to tell him what you said but he doesnt want to hear it right now. i guess i opened things back up so i told him when he is ready he could read it.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Hi Janie,

I think you're a wise woman. Thats why his brother likes you so much.

Your boyfriend is (understandably), still in a lot of pain that he just wants to go away. But now that you've made him aware of what's going on (even though he is trying to ignore it), the seed has been planted so to speak. He will be turning things around in his head ... and start noticing things for himself.

Be patient with him ... even if he seems to get a bit grumpy over the coming weeks ... that will just be down to the inner-conflict going on inside his head.

Don't try to force the issue in any way ... let him come around to the idea in his own time (then pass the message on). At this moment in time your boyfriends probably scared witless, by the idea of his 'dead' brother being around your home. As I'm sure you know ... the reality is nothing like it is in the horror films ... his brother seemed like a nice guy who is desperate to make amends for his actions and the pain he caused his 'hero' brother.

Remember his brother said you have a 'subtle' approach ... this is what's required now.

It may take a while but now that your boyfriend has you, you can keep a record of anything that happens ... signs you notice etc. Then when he's ready your boyfriend can read what you wrote.

When it's the right time (when his grief has passed the anger/fear phase) ... he will find the information a great comfort ... (important); when you make your notes, always be precise with the details ... don't miss anything out (because you think it's irrelevent) ... and never, ever, embellish (to try and fill in the blanks or to make it fit with things you already know about his brother).

Bright Blessings. Woody

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
well i wrote down every thing you said on a piece of paper and layed in the kitchen face down. as if to leave it there by accident and when he finally getts to the point when hes ready he can do it on his own time. and it s there for when ever. i think he tryied to read it last night i put a couple random things on it that belong to me that i know he has no use of and when i went to the kitchen later on they were off the paper . but i know that if he would have read it he would have came to me you know... miss_janie

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join