It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are aliens made out of?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here is my theory about aliens and their composition:
*First of all, I do not think that water is neccessary for life, because it does not exist in the liquid form everywhere.
*I do not think that extraterrestrial life are made up of cells or "building blocks of life", they could be made up of a totally different material.
-Seriously, what are the chances of a lighting striking and causing a cell to form.
*Aliens will probably not have 5 digits and 4 limbs, as they could be even more advanced.
*All those pictures of aliens on the internet are too humanoid.

-I remember hearing some guy saying that ET will look like insects:
blogs2.nationalgeographic.com...

In the movies, intelligent extraterrestrials generally look like us: they’re anthropomorphic. Mind you, the specifics of their appearance hinge on their motives. Good aliens, such as E.T. and the friendly little guys from Close Encounters of the Third Kind, are child-like and cuddly, while bad aliens (by far the majority) are often reminiscent of reptiles and insects – creatures that we like to either turn into shoes or swat. There are occasional exceptions to these rules, such as R2 D2, from Star Wars, who looks like a canister vacuum cleaner that’s lost its hose. But most extraterrestrials hardly deviate from the basic blueprint of Homo sapiens. Consequently if you ask a guy on the street to draw an alien, chances are he’ll sketch a rather humanoid “grey” – small, hairless, unwilling to smile, and shamelessly nude.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
oh jessica u should know by now that theyre made of silly putty silly girl u

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by trewth
oh jessica u should know by now that theyre made of silly putty silly girl u

She/he is not Jessica Alba, its just an avatar.

Are you drunk? lol

[edit on 30-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
stop hatin on me homie

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by trewth
stop hatin on me homie

Sorry, I love you homie.

Anyway on topic, yes if aliens exist, depending on the planet they come from, the heat, gravity etc etc come to play as to how they may look, some may look similar to us, and some would look like something you could never imagine.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm not wanting to go into it all, but IMO their cell structure and composition is very much like a plant. They also "eat" like a plant, ala photosynthesis.
I'll just say that it's my opinion, as I of course have no proof.
(Greys at any rate)

[edit on 31-1-2008 by WhiteWash]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My guess (since that is all anyone can do) is that they are made out of whatever a hairless cat is. They sort of look like them too (well from the drawings that people make of them), minus the ears

[edit on 31-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well, they are made out of two things basically; first "swamp gas" and second "imagination"........

Sorry, couldn't hold my horses on this one..

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

Yes, there have been reports from undisclosed science sources that Sec Gov EBE Autopsies of (certain) EBEs ("Short Greys") indicate a of chlorophyll type substance circulating through their system. That ultraviolet light might be absorbed through the outer skin (for a lack of a better word) layers in a similar way Earth plants do.

Not all EBE types are included in the old reports, just certain Greys known as the Short Greys. It was speculated in the fifties the Short Greys have a limited life span and are cloned and trained to perform certain functions only. Laugh, I guess you could say their specialized in their field.

As for the speculated 16 or so EBE races other than the Short Greys, it's been very difficult to find anything outside of cross breeding or hybrid theories using humans and/or human DNA.

Great Thread !!

Dallas

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Aliens as you know are a completely different make up no only physically but internally as well. They have no digestive system as we know it but an absorbent sponge like skin that "sucks up" chemicals both atmospheric and liquid chemicals containing essential "vitamins and nutrients" This is in a form of a black thick oil like substance.

There entire body acts as a breathing apparatus and is sensitive to atmospheric pressure changes and possible chemical imbalances which their bodies can compensate for. Their suites as sometime seen wearing has microscopic perforations so their skin can still breath in different chemicals. The most striking are the eyes which actually can filter out harsh or bright sunlight including uv radiation.

As for their actual skin composition and makeup its nearly identical to ours. So in that case it would have to be atoms and energy.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Drakiir]

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Drakiir]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
My guess (since that is all anyone can do) is that they are made out of whatever a hairless cat is. They sort of look like them too (well from the drawings that people make of them), minus the ears

[edit on 31-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

this may sound crazy, but thats the most believable reason ive read on aliens!!

we (apparently) evolved from primates, whats to say that another race never evolved from the bald cat family and that the un-evolved version still lives here while an evolved version realised how to leave the planet a long time ago. After all, their are still primates, hundreds of species! and they live on the planet with their evolved version, us , so its not like 2 evolutionary versions of a species cant exist at the same time!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
My own opinion is this:

Aliens are made out of Spangles, Meat loaf and Baked Beans.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is a fact -

The "good" ones are made from sugar and spice and all things nice,
Whilst the "evil" ones are made from slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
^^
Love that idea lol.

We need to catch one someday... Personally. We smack it into submission and dissect the thing
. Then post findings on ATS.
That chlorophyll idea is nice, however, why havn't we developed that advantage?
Maybe aliens don't even need to respirate. They could be just be something "living".
How would an alien think? If they're not made of cells then they probably don't have a brain like animals.

Another explanation could be that those "aliens" were humans too, and we're just an experiment. For all we know, they may be investigating their experiment now.

[edit on 1/31/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

"These Great Old Ones ... were not
composed altogether of flesh and
blood. They had shape ... but that
shape was not made of matter. When
the stars were right, They could
plunge from world to world through
the sky .... When, after infinities
of chaos, the first men came, the
Great Old Ones spoke to the sensitive
among them by molding their dreams;
for only thus could Their language
reach the fleshy minds of mammals."

-H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

Straight from the horse's mouth as it were. Amazing Science Fiction? Weird Tales? OR just the terrifying truth?

I'm afraid it's all three.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Plant like chlorophyll in the Greys reference by Dallas
could make some real sense and maybe help explan the general lack of jaw and throat girth. No veinous or arterial system would be... well it could explain the spindly somatotype.

I have read but I can't recall where a story that hydrogen Peroxide plays a role and that mamallian blood heme was somehow thought be involved. Painting some aspect on the skin... would they excrete through the skin too? If they are biological, even plant-like, as structure is used and replenished through nutrients then the waste products of metabolism must be excreted... maybe like a lizard? Some botanist guy? Spanish or Italian... ah nuts. Can't remember. To do with S4 or something and the EBE not being of "well-being". Sorry.

There's older stories about the tank farms and stuff Dulce maybe elsewhere too. I'm confident that Clifford Stone or someone more familiar than I could explain better. John Lear would know or know someone who knows y'know?

I sorta stopped worrying about their physiology, which if they exist at all, must be a humdinger for a coroner to document.

Vic

[edit on 31-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Wow I found this creative idea:

These inter-dimensional, biomechanical beings appear and reappear before our eyes because they vibrate at a quicker frequency, because they.re more technologically advanced. Meantime, non-mechanical aliens may orbit the far reaches of our solar system, or in another dimension, in their enormous motherships. They must slow the vibration of their bodies before coming close to Earth; largely, they experience pain when entering our pressurized atmosphere. Hence, the need exists for droids. For the same reason, Cannon explains, humans can.t tolerate the vibration of droids. scout ships.

archive.alienzoo.com...

I bet that if Aliens did exist, they'll have different technologies, like something replacing the computer, or something replacing other means of transportaion. There is always more than one way to accomplish something.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i prefer to think this....

seein as we well....have no proof of a REAL alien picture video or otherwise..

are made of pure imagination.... grey's...reptilian's lol...list goes on

u name it are all soley out of the human imagination at this point..

otherwise we would nto be askign what are they made of we would know...

thus it's imagination..

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
This is a fact -

The "good" ones are made from sugar and spice and all things nice,
Whilst the "evil" ones are made from slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails.

dang, you beat me too it

when I saw the title to this thread, I immediatly thought of that rhyme.

On a serious note,

who the heck knows

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

God I hope you are not taking the 'higher frequency beigns' theory seriously.

1- What needs to be at higher frequency, our atoms? If that's the case, the how come we don't see copper wire vanishing before our eyes when we increase the frequency at which it's atoms vibrate to several millions of Hertzs? I though copper wire was made out of atoms as well...

2- Pay a visit to any physics Phd, there should be plenty at your local college/university, all you have to do is knock on some doors and ask what they think about the connection between a beign living in another dimension and it's vibrational frequency. The answer you will get is most likely 'what are you talking about' along with a puzzled look on their faces.

3- The reason such theory was born is because the fifth dimension was known to mathematicians as 'probability'. Note this probability is abstract, it's only numbers that predict a future event, nothing more. Then String Theory gained popularity, along with it's 11 possible dimensions(all dimensions beyond the fourth happen only at sub-atomic levels). However, someone made a strong connection between the physical 5th dimension and the abstract 5th dimension, and a show called Twilight Zone was born. Later String Theory became even more popular, and everybody who reads about it on wikipedia(the physicists wanna be website) knows that the 'strings' have several vibration modes. A lot of bad assumptions later the higher frequency beigns were created.

I agree with beforetime, so far, every alien race you hear about, is just a product of human imagination. Could be that some actually look like a grey or whatever, but none has visited Earth - or at least there is no proof that they have.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by daniel_g]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join