It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Christians are always crusading about something.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Americans have come such a long way from the oppression of the crown haven't we? I mean, I see things like this happening all the time. Personally I don't want the 10 commandments on the steps of a courthouse, or any religious dogma for that matter. As far as our communities are concerned, this is just shameful. People that we are connected to through time have fought and died for the freedom to express themselves. And establish a place for themselves that they may do just that. My parents and I came to this country to escape political and economic persecution. And the one thing that held us together through 10 years of 3rd world living, and dirt poor living in the US was our faith. And we never ran out of places to celebrate it.

I understand that Christianity is the predominant religion here in the US. But one must remember that there is the Constitution. It is taught to immigrants as THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, and that it applies to ALL PERSONS, CITIZENS AND NON-CITIZENS LIVING WITHING THE U.S. It doesn't say that the Constitution applies only to Christian citizens living within the U.S.

This is not the American I fell in love with. And it is a problem that must be remedied if we wish to keep the America that we all love.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I think that if the City Council was thinking, they would have shot back to the people that not only does the Constitution afford all of us the freedom of expression, but also of religion!! Because of this, I think all religions should be equally represented across any and every city.

Sorry, Borg, but that's a ridiculous notion on it's face.

The muslims that want to build a mosque in Sugarcreek are not being denied their right to worship. Their application for a variance was denied for typical reasons.

The fact that a Chrsitian preacher stated his opinion about Islam is irrelevant and immaterial, unless, of course, he sits on the Zoning Board of Appeals and was part of the decision making process, and it can be shown that his religious intolerance affected his vote.

You're being sidetracked by his opinion.

Originally posted by TheBorg
If Satanists, or any other religion wanted a place to worship, they should be allowed to have one just as much as we Christians want 'em. To be any other way is extremely unfair to those that practice a faith other than Christianity.

TheBorg

They should be and are able to have places of worship, as long as they subject it to the same rules and regulations that ever other religion is.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This is not the American I fell in love with. And it is a problem that must be remedied if we wish to keep the America that we all love.

Hey projectvxn. Good to hear from ya again. Unfortunately, this is just one of many things that have changed the opinions of people regarding this country. It is sad to say, but it is going to take a miracle to reestablish our once great image. I just hope that it is not too late. I feel that as each day goes by, the Constitution seems to be becoming more and more lost within the shuffle. If we could only revert back to a time when our leaders actually adhered to its laws.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If people say that every belief has a right even Satanism then I think we are going backwards in culture. If something opposes Christianity face on then it's a threat it won't mix. That is why we have different courtiers with different systems, because hard fought wars made them what they are, one people separated from another and feel better for that otherwise the world would be as one if it was not.
If a system comes in that is indistinguishable from it's religion then it's a threat, it may die down and be westernised but along the way you have to expect trouble.
For example the movie, 'King of New York' the immigrants had their own tribes and part of towns, crime was high and the way of living went down.
Today the UK has many immigrants that say has contributed to 30% more crime because we do not know whom we are letting in let alone illegal.

America should not worry about Muslims either it's about not giving things enough time to mix in. The Mexicans have caused a lot of problems too; the most stupid things occur like boarder patrol police being persecuted for stopping illegal in a rough manner. Are they being let in to influence elections?

Many car accidents have killed many Americans because the influx the illegal Mexican drivers including one media spokesman as of late. You don't have to be politically, walking on eggshells either, the facts are the facts. We all probably have immigrant friends and we don't want to hurt their feelings, my family are immigrants in England but we can see that if problems arise you cannot just hide behind the race card. Blacks speak out against Blacks and Asians against Asians when they bring their problems with them, Rap music is all about that, a white rapper won't say how black communities create their own violence because no one will listen if not be offended. This problem is sometimes lost in political correctness but a voice from within is needed to also state the problems so that both effected sides can be cured.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a race card people use that is on both sides.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OK all you Christian haters, I have another story for you,

I live in the midwest, a few years ago our local Mosque, YES local Mosque, we have one, burnt down, we have a Temple too, imagine that.

Guess what happened? Christians and Jewish alike, formed fundraiser to help the local Muslim community rebuild, and local construction companies along with people from Christian congregations all worked along side one another.

A far cry from this

More than 100 churches and other Christian institutions were burnt down and looted, more than a thousand houses torched and several thousands Christians rendered homeless.

www.indianmuslims.info...

www.allied-media.com...

[edit on 102929p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I for one am not a Christian hater thank you very much.... I am a fanatic hater period. What bites my ample butt is when someone, Christian or not, behaves fanatically, then pretends that they are not. I think it is wonderful that the Churches in your area helped rebuild the Mosque, that is commendable and very positive. Unfortunately that isn't the case everywhere... and it should be.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Someone should do a study of the crustacean churches in the area and seek to close down all those with traffic and sewage problems.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh yes, "he who is without sin may cast the first stone." Only thing is, Big Brother is taking away more and more religeous rights and soon matters such as this will not be a problem.

NWO, would probably completly do away with religeon as it tends to give people "hope."

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Let me start this by saying I am a Christian.

Now that this is out of the way:

Why call it Christian Hate? These people aren't hating on Christians, they are pointing out a prevalent practice in this nation. Your community happens to be among the few who are doing the right thing. But Christians being closed-minded, xenophobic, racist people is actually very common. It is also very common amongst Buddhists, Muslims, and Jews. Your neck of the woods happens to be the part of the country where this sort of thing happens most often. Don't take it personally, and don't assume people hate Christians because we're not willing to swallow all the crap they do in the name of God. Even as a Christian, I find it very difficult to be with other Christians because they hardly understand their own faith let alone practice what it preaches. Instead these idiots give Christians a bad name because they think the only thing Christ taught was how to be a self-diluted, ignorant, bigot. Or in their words "We must keep the sanctity of GOD'S land". I thought the whole of Earth and all who dwell upon it was gods? Or is god only relegated to the opinion of man? Is the Bible only convenient when you're trying to persecute someone? These are things that our faith has to fix. And now. Because we're bound for a very lonely existence when we exclude everything based on antiquated thoughts, and primitive notions of right and wrong.

No Christians are not the enemy, and I don't think anyone here believes that they are, and you should not make your self out to be the victim because you're not. No one is questioning your actions. We are questioning the actions of others who do these things under the flag of faith.

The enemy is ignorance, it is intolerance, it is the lack of understanding. Not Christians and certainly not you.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by projectvxn]

[edit on 4-2-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Pardon my tardy response..I actually had to think a bit on your words.

Reverting back to a time that used to follow the Constitution is an illusion so hopeful, yet misguided. What we need to do is progress. And here's what I propose: Revise the Constitution. It was never meant to last this long, and you know what? I believe that the constitution was the grounds for something much more promising...Unfortunately, we need the whole world on the same page to accomplish it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thank you so much for responding. You are one of the few faithful that understands where I come from on my posts. You should if nothing else read my other recent post on coins and see what certain individuals post. It drives me nuts. I seem to be the biggest so called "Christian hater" on here. You said it best. It is what is used under the flag of faith that is the problem I have. To me it is a cop out. It has nothing to do at all with being ANTI-religious. It is about as you say, intolerance and others giving faith a bad name. Thanks again for your insight.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join