It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians launch crusade against new U.S. mosque

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

If the writer's guild are pirates, who would be the ninjas? The SAG? We need ninja, damn it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am not a religious person at all, but as a previous poster mentioned, this violates First Amendment rights as an American.

Did any of you bother to read the source? Granted its not the most reliable (worldnetdaily) and I can't confirm this is an actual quote, but if its true this is ridiculous bigotry.

"We just feel that Christianity is right and that Islam is wrong," Jude told the Daily News. "Therefore, we take a stand to see (a mosque) not in our community. The wonderful thing about our American culture is that you have the right to speak out against something you don't support."

Christianity is right and Islam is wrong?

Clearskies,

I don't see any Christian bashing in this thread. Care to point it out? I also think its pretty ignorant to assume every mosque is inciting hatred towards Christianity and Judaism.

Fear mongering is not exclusive to Islam my friend.

Bugzyzuncle,

I agree with your post completely. To be a 'Christian' one must follow Christ's message and loving your neighbor is a huge tenant. To hate anyone is not the Christian path.

khunmoon,

Hypocrisy is not limited to one religion fortunately, but when you question the words and actions of some there is much animosity.

dbates,

While the zoning problem may be an issue, the direct quote makes me believe otherwise. Granted, its a Baptist Church and they are known for their extremely right wing belief system so maybe I can't blame them...

Rockpuck,

Thanks for the Ohioan spin. Other than having to spend cash on road expansion (which I doubt would even happen in the first place) what makes you think Sugar Creek wouldn't want a mosque in town? I'm assuming its very Christian, rural, and rustic. That in itself is not a bad thing, but when the citizens restrict freedom of religion (or any other freedom for that matter) due to their own religion, therein lies a huge problem.

[edit on 1/30/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think we should build a mosque for every church that is built in a moslem country.

Same with synagogues. One for every church in Israel. Ditto Hindu temples, etc.

Prisoner exchange programme for our souls. Only thing that makes sense.

Other than no organised religion.

All religions nourish hypocrisy to an almost transcendental (ha ha) degree.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

This post is nonsense...it generalizes a whole group of people.

please tell me you mean the article and not the post. The post is meant to bring about this ensuing discussion. Maybe the article is nonsense to you, but the post is doing its job. thank you

oh yeah, I didn't write the article either, I just read it.

[edit on 1/30/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm Christian, a bit slack on it but still Christian, only problem I've had Islam are the extremists, otherwise it's another religion. So, please stop making the generalizations. I realize Christianity is asking for it, since most of the ones that tend to make generalizations are Christians of some sort, but show better character eh?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Go back and read my post before jumping to conclusions about the subject.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I didn't mean spin in a negative way, honest. I actually cared about hearing a local opinion.

I do not live in Ohio and the closest I've been is Western New York (way upstate) and that's a little backwards of an area to say the least. I went to a university in the poorest county in the state for two years and I met some interesting folks...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Hey biggie. I live in upstate NY and lived in PHX for seven years. Been to painted desert. Can't say it isn't a bit different there as well. Everyplace has its own quirks, let's not forget that. What university did ya go to?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
I guess it's the Christian way or the highway in this country. I thought we had freedom of religion.

We do have freedom of religion. I don't see anywhere in your "article" where the federal government stopped the mosque from being built.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

I'm sorry I meant your title is generalizing a whole group.

My bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mmmeat

We do have freedom of religion. I don't see anywhere in your "article" where the federal government stopped the mosque from being built.

I can't believe I reply to you. But, what the hell. Freedoms do not extend only to federal government mmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeaaaaaattttttttttttt. It is not my article. I do not stake claim for it at all. Just passing them on.

No problem Equinox

[edit on 1/30/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Ah... cross the border into PA and your in a different country my friend.. America.. 50 nations I tell you.. only place on earth like it.. I can go to Kentucky, only an hour away.. and I am in a different country.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Ah... cross the border into PA and your in a different country my friend.. America.. 50 nations I tell you.. only place on earth like it.. I can go to Kentucky, only an hour away.. and I am in a different country.

Well europe is similar, few miles and Im in france, few extra miles Im in spain, go back a few miles and Im in holland, germany etc.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by biggie smalls
"I am not a religious person at all, but as a previous poster mentioned, this violates First Amendment rights as an American.
Clearskies,

I don't see any Christian bashing in this thread. Care to point it out? I also think its pretty ignorant to assume every mosque is inciting hatred towards Christianity and Judaism.
Fear mongering is not exclusive to Islam my friend."

You mean like this one?

goosdawg
"Considering the type of hateful, god-fearing folks they would have had for neighbors, the approval of their variance request would probably have been only the beginning of their troubles in such a backwards, regressive community.
More knee-jerk intolerance from the ignorant people with imaginary friends."

I have to say that many of the others did show tactfulness

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I can't believe I reply to you.

Meh. I can't believe you post the things you do. So I guess that makes us even.

But, what the hell. Freedoms do not extend only to federal government mmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeaaaaaattttttttttttt. It is not my article. I do not stake claim for it at all. Just passing them on.

Freedom of religion - which is what you were harping on - is guaranteed by the Federal government. What you're harping on has nothing to do with the F-E-D-E-R-A-L government, or with religion.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mmmeat

Meh. I can't believe you post the things you do. So I guess that makes us even

I guess even people like yourself are allowed their opinions. Yours do not seem to go over well though. I wonder why? But, entitled nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Christian extremists, Muslim extremists, Jewish extremists, the KKK, the Aryan Nation, radical Atheists; they are all the same animal. Judging any group by the actions of a few is on its face wrong. ANYONE who practices this sort of hate is part of the source of most of societies problems.

The story did not deserve this thread however. Its not even clear what the true reason was. That title is well - disingenuous to say the least.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

reply to post by khunmoon

that has got to be the best part of the article IMO. Such hypocrisy in the most simple of statements. I guess they can't help themselves. I wonder if the pastor even realized what he said. I agree, I have about as much faith in them as i Io in Bush's economic stimulus plan and the Fed rate cuts.

Don't forget about the state-of-the-state border security!
State of the state, I like that. Anyway, as you can guess from my avatar, I really think that the only way these people will EVER get along is to go WAY back to the origins of all their text...Sumer. I think every believer should be given all the text so they can see that it is in these thext that all understanding has come from, then be allowed by their leaders to ask them why they lied to them. Very few in pastor-ship, Muslim teachers, etc. are ever told about this. They teach with the best of intention...to help people. They are just as much a victim of this indoctrinaion as anyone.

Here are a few things they should know... The oldest story of the flood is Sumerian and Gilgimesh was changed to Noah, Enki was turned into a monster to keep people in fear of the "occult" as well as keep man from practicing the sacred meditations: the Kundalini even though the very symbol of medical science is the symbol of Enki and thus, protect their secret, Enlil was changed into the Jesus figure, and Anu was changed into thier concept of God. All the holiday's have their origins and true meaning in astrological events, such as Easter coming from the word Ester, and is a celebration of the new life of Spring, the statue of Mary and Jesus is a direct plagery of Isis and Horus, Comminion came from the rite of giving honor to Osiris, manifestation of answered prayer is the result of the power of the will, just as the property of water can be changed with thought, etc...

I think that if this were to occur, they would embrace the truth and get rid of these rip-off's of the Sumerian LITERAL story of the god's and creation, as well as their awsome potential, and that these systems of belief was created in order to control every thought and action thru fear and guilt in order to supress man's potential and thus, making them easy to control.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think that if the City Council was thinking, they would have shot back to the people that not only does the Constitution afford all of us the freedom of expression, but also of religion!! Because of this, I think all religions should be equally represented across any and every city.

If Satanists, or any other religion wanted a place to worship, they should be allowed to have one just as much as we Christians want 'em. To be any other way is extremely unfair to those that practice a faith other than Christianity.

TheBorg

[Edit for punctuation and clarity.]

[edit on 31-1-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

You read the quote from the fellow saying "Christianity good, Islam wrong, we're glad they won't have a mosque here because we said so" right?

Clearly there's at least enough people like that to constitute a "we"... and I would hardly imagine they could be described as good neighbors. I wouldn't be surprised if pig heads started showing up on the front step if the mosque had been built.

Ignorant backwater hateful knuckleheads who happen to be Christian are still ignorant backwater hateful knuckleheads, after all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join