It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite Advised To Bug-Out!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So now the Barbarians are at the gates and the Feudal Lords are calling for retreat. This article really makes you wonder what the Elite know that we don't or at least we only suspect. Didn't I read somewhere a few months ago that Bill Gates bought a submarine? Now that's bugging-out. Not to mention the seed vault. Don't say you weren't warned...

Bloomberg

Jan. 30 (Bloomberg) -- Barton Biggs has some offbeat advice for the rich: Insure yourself against war and disaster by buying a remote farm or ranch and stocking it with ``seed, fertilizer, canned food, wine, medicine, clothes, etc.''

The ``etc.'' must mean guns.

``A few rounds over the approaching brigands' heads would probably be a compelling persuader that there are easier farms to pillage,'' he writes in his new book, ``Wealth, War and Wisdom.''

Biggs is no paranoid survivalist. He was chief global strategist at Morgan Stanley before leaving in 2003 to form hedge fund Traxis Partners. He doesn't lock and load until the last page of this smart look at how World War II warped share prices, gutted wealth and remains a warning to investors. His message: Listen to markets, learn from history and prepare for the worst.

[edit on 30/1/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I really thought this article was worth consideration. Rarely do the upper eschelons ever actually play their hands so openly and, when they do, it's usually at the very last minute, as they don't want to have to compete with the rest of us, etc. So, extrapilating, I wonder what this book portends for the near and/or distant future? Has anyone read it?

Anyway I was wondering if a Mod could move this thread to the survival forum.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm giving you a bump and I'll advise the local Mod if we can move it for ya!

Good find. ..Dang richies!

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is great news! Thanks! Now all I have to do is make my first million to put this plan into action!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ya know, until you said that, plucky, it didn't look so damn depressing...I'm hoping that Gates' sub hit's the floor.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Personally I'm working on stockpiling what I can, when I can, on the logic that anything is better than nothing..

apc

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I say make friends with some rich people! After all they are going to need a labor force to work the fields.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Very good Thread!

I often thought about starting to stock supplies to better prepare myself, but then i just think about how my wife would think I was crazy. My wife doesn't share the same views that i do about the world she thinks that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but oh well....today is payday. I may just stop by Sams Club after work.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JackCash

Yeah, for those people who are on the fence about how much you should prepare or who are worried about how crazy others might think you are if you do - this article/book completely changes that thought process.

[edit on 31/1/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I've actually thought about going out and picking up this book at Lunch.

Thanks

JackCash

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Great post. Once again, the rich looking out for the rich. The question is: what is coming? Foreign forces, man-made or natural calamity, or is he referring to us, the working class as the barbarians looking to hunt down this country's wealthy after economic collapse? The rich certainly have the means of buying up vast farm lands, and the means to stockpile seed and whatever else is necessary to sustain life and maintain security.

The rich have a way of teaching the poor lessons in life. It might be good to follow up on this one before it happens.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
having a months worth of food stored away is always a good idea. Even if teotwawki isn't yet on our doorstep, having supplies for the winter or taking advantage of good deals at the market is a sound investment. I got my wife onboard a while back by just explaining that the only things that you need to really to go out for often is dairy and fresh meat. We tried the deep freezer for a year but found it not very econonomical for us. As for dried and canned goods though, we are stocked up well for anything down the line.

good thread

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If the people knew what we had done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us. George H.W. Bush

Maybe its time we did this, i dont advocate violence but the thought that the architects can drop us all in it and walk away; just boils my blood.

If we gota go, i say we take them with us.. Elite does not mean rich to me, it means the most intelligent, good and the great of the species.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I went and checked out my place at Christmas time and everything was in order. I was going to set up an internet systen to monotor it but don't want the link for people to follow. I can get there in 5 hours on a good day and this spring I plan on walking there only at night to see how long it takes. I hope I can make it in a week. I have about 90 days worth of supplies at home and about 2 years down there.

mikell

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Maybe I am ignorant but I am not seeing the news worthiness of this. they are being advised the same as us survivalist have been advising are friend and family for years now. just because they happen to have money doesn't make it any different. I have book shelves full of books advising me to stock up and prepare. they are a dime a dozen it is nothing more then common sense.

Every body wises up eventually. for some its usually to late

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
First off, nice thread.

Now, on one hand this is just a guy giving sound advice that many people have known / thought about for a long time. I am sure if money were no object, most of us would have done this a while ago.

On the other hand, it is a frightening example of how used to being lied to we are. It is sad when someone giving an honest assessment of how dire things appear to be right now sets off alarm bells for us. We are only used to being lied to and being told how wonderful things are and how safe everything is. It is sad that someone giving out some good, common sense advice can have such an alarming effect.

Unfortunately, I am not wealthy enough to just go out and buy a ranch. I can prepare for a limited survival at my own house, but I live in a city. If things really do hit the fan, my best bet is to get out of dodge. Food and water to get me through a month or so is about all that would be practical because anything longer than that I would need an army to fight off the looters...etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

Yes, however, the elite often see themselves as immune to disaster or somehow above the fray. This article would tend to imply that the PTB now acknowledge that the time is now and the issue will be huge and enduring. It would tend to give mainstream attention and credibilty to a topic more often regarded as fringe, despite the excellent warnings from forward thinkers such as youself. This topic may be staus quo in some circles but certainly not at the dinner tables of America's wealthist and most secure.

[edit on 31/1/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I would say the issue and news-worthiness is timing. It is almost exactly like a sinking ship. You know that when the rats decide it's better to jump off, then it must really be going under.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
well, the sooner they split, the sooner the american people can pick up the peices and start putting thier country back together again.
ya know what? if my boss decided to pick up and jump ship because well, they know it's all gonna fall down. me and my coworkers have the ability, and the balls to break into that company, use their equipment, use their supplies, and well, start printing no tresspassing signs and whatever else we feel that this new economy might need....(money??) and well, we have sewers and sewing machines, that can churn out clothing just as well as useless little banners and pennants.
it's not these big shots and their money that has kept this country running, it's been us!! and, more than likely, we can do a better job without their oversight!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Its a shame they think so, but no one gets out of here alive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join