It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite Advised To Bug-Out!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
well, the sooner they split, the sooner the american people can pick up the peices and start putting thier country back together again.

it's not these big shots and their money that has kept this country running, it's been us!! and, more than likely, we can do a better job without their oversight!

Careful. If everyone realizes we don't actually need them, they can no longer enslave us with fear and a concept of money that does not exist.........

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Careful. If everyone realizes we don't actually need them, they can no longer enslave us with fear and a concept of money that does not exist.........

maybe it would give them the motivation to jump faster???

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Everyone please remember the importance of water, you can survive without food for a month, you cant survive without water for very long at all. I think I'll go out this weekend and get some seed and fertilizer, unfortunately I cant buy a ranch, however if the economy collapses we wont need to be buying things anyway. Plus I can also have my dogs do some hunting for me
If need be I can just use my camping equipment in the wilderness as a temporary home.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluByWho
Everyone please remember the importance of water, you can survive without food for a month, you cant survive without water for very long at all. I think I'll go out this weekend and get some seed and fertilizer, unfortunately I cant buy a ranch, however if the economy collapses we wont need to be buying things anyway. Plus I can also have my dogs do some hunting for me
If need be I can just use my camping equipment in the wilderness as a temporary home.

Remember Beyond Thunderdome? Max comes in from the desert and they are selling radioactive water? A nice 2-10 gallon copper still with a large lid to clean it out would be nice. Radioactivity, disease, and most chemicals can be removed if you learn how to do it.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
Personally I'm working on stockpiling what I can, when I can, on the logic that anything is better than nothing..

Taking your tax return this year and stocking up on food, medical supplies, and ammo might not be a bad idea. All these items can be used even if nothing does happen, so look at them as your insurance policy against disaster.

I know there's alot of cooler things to spend those hard-earned dollars on, but a big screen TV, a new cell phone, or fancy wheels for your car will be worth nothing if the worst comes to pass..

[edit on 1/31/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I propose the official ATS south American "everything went wrong" ranch.

We can start funding now through a donation system maybe put some ad links start a little fund and then start maybe some sort of lottery system that only can be entered with enough points. (gulp look at mine)

moderators could be on the council of ranch relations, skeptic overlord well could really be an overlord
and we could start a thread for how were gonna divide the land. We got the resources smart, funny, sarcastic, creative and lazy people...possibilities endless!

Ill bring the legos!

and we call it ATSlantis.

in all seriousness its a good idea to go out and spend 50 bucks (every paycheck) on canned foods and water do some research and stock up for a year. Maybe even get some cheap land in New Mexico (if ted turner hasnt already bought it) you would only need a couple acres if it was just you and your kin.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If something big does happen, remember money will be utterly worthless.
Also, to the Mikell fella, who posted about his five hour drive to his "Safe house" I guess you could call it- I hope you put it somewhere on high ground man.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I thought this is why we are getting checks in June. So we wouldn't get a chance to cash them? Or is it so everyone gets an equal chance at a low level......

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Don't just think guns. Buy a hunting bow or bows and plenty of arrows.

You can easily hide the bows and arrows so that you can access them after the Department of Fatherland Security has taken away your guns.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Let's assume this is indeed a warning call for some event in the near future (6 months to a year). Having lived in a hurricane zone, I can assure you that you don't want to get caught in the crush to bug-out or bug-in. Lines at banks, lines at grocery stores and discounters, traffic jams everywhere.

So, my question is how will we kinow when something is imminent? I'm not just talking about news build up and on-the-scene reporting that you get with natural disasters. That's simply a response to a known threat.

I am assuming that certain well-informed people will position themselves well before any actual event occurs. So what do we look for? Money movements? Physical movements? Market trends, as stated in the article? There will be a window of time in which it will be most opportunistic to act. Too soon and you're just out in the middle of no where with tons of supplies and no job. Too late and you are $crewed. So when to you know it's time?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ive been saying this for a few now n my other threads to get prepared. Everyone dogged on me and laughed now whos laughing mwhahaha. All kidding aside yeah you should prepare for the worst and hope for the best as I like to say. I think there is some big news going to come out soon that will rock this world and Im talking within the next 6 to 8 months. Ill see you on the farm!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How much does this have to do with "BUMPING" the dying Economy?

It seems that all of the doom and gloom is peaking at the first and last of the month?
?

If the global elites want to eliminate us, then if history teachesa us anything it is that their first choice is to starve and dehydrate the masses.

Just a thought.
Now off to the market jigity jog...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Anyone got a rough time span from this new book? It would be good to hear some reviews and information first hand, er second hand....never mind. The info would be nice to hear.

apc

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So what do we look for?

Mushroom clouds would probably be the best indicator.

Meaning, I don't think there will be any red flags. Not any redder than the ones already on the field, anyway. Just always be prepared.

I'm set to survive what is survivable. But if 90% of us are gonna suddenly die, I'm expecting to be part of the 90%.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It feels like they are just rubbing our noses in it. Bill Gates and a submarine. That's a new one to me. I wonder if he has underground access through Hawthorne, NV.

Deny Ignorance. Ignorance is being uneducated about a subject, or issue. Don't deny that you have been educated about what is most likely coming.

The worst thing would be to one day say: "I knew it!" But, you didn't do anything about it, and you let your family down. Then one day, you find yourself separated from them in a FEMA Camp. Seriously, ask yourself how would you feel then.

ATS'ers have no reason not to be prepared. I think one day, we will just be looking around, and say: "Hey, where did everybody go?"

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Stocking food now while the supply is still affordable is (Imo) always a good idea.

Over the last year, the average cost of food and beverage in the country has risen by nearly 5 percent — more than in the previous 25 years,

Some items, such as milk, have risen dramatically. In Missouri, a statewide survey showed that a gallon of whole milk cost an average of $2.57 last year and now averages $3.95.

A little more than 40 percent of the corn grown in the country goes to feeding livestock, so when corn prices go up, the prices of livestock and byproducts follow.

The impact has been particularly striking with eggs, the cost of which has gone up 36 percent in the last year, according to the Consumer Price Index, released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The price of chicken has also gone up, while the prices of beef and pork have risen only slightly.

Demand for corn will continue rising in coming years, analysts say. The energy bill passed in December by the U.S. Congress will require 15 billion more gallons of ethanol from corn, driving up not just the cost of meat, dairy products and eggs, but of anything containing high fructose corn syrup. The price of the sweetener, found in everything from crackers to ketchup, has already risen to 20 cents a pound from 14 cents a pound a year ago.

World wheat stores declined 11 percent this year, to the lowest level since 1980. That corresponds to 12 weeks of the world's total consumption - much less than the average of 18 weeks consumption in storage during the period 2000-2005.

This won't bother the rich too much because they have more money than someone on social security trying to make ends meet.

When did this book come out?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's just basic common sense. It is always better to remain prepared, than to be caught empty handed in the time of crisis. Now only if we all had the financial funds to act on it in this way. Regardless of monetary problems however, we can at least take basic precautions, and do our best to ensure the survival of ourselves, our families, and our nation.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I say make friends with some rich people! After all they are going to need a labor force to work the fields.

well i am in Boca Raton , plenty of supply of these folk, however they are pretty old.

Maybe i could catch their fish or tend to their "crops" , when personal training goes out of fashion.

so long as the gov't doesn't threaten them for not using monsanto sanctioned GMO seeds.

in the back of my mind i wonder if this current finanical system is so inherently corrupt and insane (govt's borrowing money from independent banks at intrest!) that at some time a day of reckoning was to come, and that this "knowing" could be used to the advantage of those who wished to create the next "solution" so long as the pain and suffering of the current system's demise is great enough to convince people to willingly demand a change and suffer enough to accept a solution that under ordinary circumstances would be fiction or 3'rd worldish. (while all the while using the media to place the blame on anyone but the central banks)

[edit on 1-2-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DamnedDirtyApes Yeah kinda like ol' George W. buying up that 120,000 acre ranch in Paraguay not too long ago . Seems like he's preparing for ssomething big to happen huh ? And our taxpayer dollars will keep paying for his private army to protect his worthless tail ta boot ! How many other politicians and super rich scumbuckets have some out of the way fortress'es ready and stocked for what they know is comeing ? Get Ready Cuz The Proverbial " S @ # T " Is Gettin Ready To Hit The Fan !!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnyforeigner

Is there a source for that statement? I've heard it before but haven't been able to find documented proof that he said that.

If not, it's kind of like people saying Al Gore claimed he invented the internet. Al Gore said he helped invent the internet by pushing for legislation that would fund its beginning.

My how words can get twisted.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Sublime620]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join