It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AFTER Roswell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
reply to post by projectvxn

i believe that the more likely of the two is that he managed the situation, because i dont see him being qualified to actually do any work to further the project.

And that is exactly was is hinted at in his personnel file. He's a manager. And oversight officer to make sure the US military and it's interests get what they want out of their investment. Corso didn't serve any other function.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

where would one find his personnel file? i would like to see it very much.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My father, retired 20 yr. Air Force, got a job with Univac soon after coming back with all of us from Japan as engineer in early 60's.
Long ago, but remember dad was talking about computers they had the size of a room, then bringing home chips to replace, in no time.
Seems strange, looking back on the advancement that was made.
Our men were good, but that good?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lyingunderoath

so you think we recovered alien tech from a crash at Roswell in 1947?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'd like to jump in if you don't mind. You wonder about Roswell and the advancement of technology. Well maybe with or without Roswell we would still be at the same technological level we are right now. I like Col. Corso, but the technology he claims to have advanced was already in advanced stages. In my opinion, it was existing technologies that helped to classify what was found at Roswell.

I don't think that we know it all, but I think as humans we are advanced in our own sort of way. I think we can imagine ideas better than "other" species. Maybe that is what they are interested in?

Food for thought.

And BTW,

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Lou Baldin is the writer, and as you probably know he is on ATS under the name Sleeper.

NO... sleeper is a scifi writer? Get out of town.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

thanks for chipping in Hal. i can see what youre saying. if these advanced civilizations are thousands of years ahead of us, they must have rediculous tech. but can you imagine how humans will be if we are still around in a thousand years or so? if we've made these kinds of leaps in tech in just the past 50 years, imagine where we could be.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I just find it difficult to support or give credit to Roswell when discussing our technological advancements. Look at the technology we continue to produce today, it's very very fascinating and constantly improving upon itself.

It's just the technology utilized by those who have crashed at Roswell are probably way beyond us and only what we can theorize or conceptualize at best but barely touching the service.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by lyingunderoath

so you think we recovered alien tech from a crash at Roswell in 1947?

I'm just not sure. Sometimes I feel so sure, then I don't.

So many good old men have told a similar tale so long ago, many on their death-bed, that I can't believe they would all lie. That is something I can't get around.

At that point in my life I feel I would tell the truth. The heck with any agenda, tthey are gonna meet the real main man real soon at the pearly gates.

So many reasons our government would not disclose that truth...It could not have been something like a weather balloon to fool these men at that base.

Advanced technology (ie.military, ect.) uses, energy source agenda, major religious problems w/mainstream USA, this has to be kept secret. Or so they felt....

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Originally posted by Hal9000

Lou Baldin is the writer, and as you probably know he is on ATS under the name Sleeper.

NO... sleeper is a scifi writer? Get out of town.

Well, I don’t leave this town, and I admire your giant points score, but good you be more specific and describe to me why you find him a scifi writer and how you can be so shore?

Are you willing to describe in a nutshell what your personal opinion is of the Ufo / Extraterrestrial phenomenon?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

where would one find his personnel file? i would like to see it very much.

You can do it the hard way and file an FOIA request or you can get it from the disclosure project or from the black vault.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

but good you be more specific and describe to me why you find him a scifi writer and how you can be so shore?

I thought that's what you meant, but I re-read your post and see you didn't. I was a little blurry-eyed and didn't read it right. That was my attempt at a joke because I was around when sleeper first started posting but have not followed it since. I knew he was an author, but I thought it was scifi. The book I found that he wrote is called "In League with a UFO" and it is supposedly non-fiction. I don't believe what he says, because for one thing he has no proof, and secondly my own judgment. He is entertaining none the less, but his explanations of how the universe works is easy enough to show he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Are you willing to describe in a nutshell what your personal opinion is of the Ufo / Extraterrestrial phenomenon?

I absolutely think the UFO phenomenon is real even though I have never seen one. The problem I have though is that everyone automatically jumps to the conclusion that they are extra-terrestrial. It may be the case, but I would like to see more evidence of it. When I explain this the first thing people say is "what else could it be?", and I that is when I say I don't know, but I have a couple of ideas. After studying astronomy for a while, you realize how fantastic of a claim it is to say we are being visited by extra-terrestrials.

I also believe that the abduction phenomenon should be treated separately, and I think there are real cases, but have a hard time believing the more elaborate stories like sleeper, and John Lear. That is my own opinion and would love to be proved wrong.

I prefer to look into the older cases like Col. Corso. I think he is an extremely credible source, but I also think that he tells his story as he knew it. I think there is truth in it, but some parts may be distorted memory. If even half of what he says is true, it is an amazing story. That is how take all witness accounts.

So I consider myself a skeptical believer, and I am always looking for more evidence and I am willing to wade through the bunk to get it. Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Hal9000, thanks for your answer, and I respect your opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

i wouldnt doubt, with the way our tech has advanced the last 50 years, that many of the UFOs we see are made by humans.
i would really like it if sleeper and/or John Lear jumped into this conversation. it would be most interesting to see what they have to say.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
after looking through the FOIA files that are on ATS (sadly, nothing about Corso) I found this Link about a man named Mr. Rhodes who saw a UFO in Phoenix, the same day of the Roswell incident. Mr. Rhodes took pictures, but they were taken by the Air Force, and not given back. while it proves nothing, it adds more meat to the table that maybe something ET really did crash at Roswell.

[edit on 2/2/08 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

No, you either have to make the FOIA request or you can do it the easy way and go to blackvault.com or the Disclosure Project.com they have copies of Corso's personnel file. Which is probably incomplete as these things go. He was an intelligence officer after all.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

ahh, thanks very much. i will look at the sites as soon as i have time. pretty busy lately.

i believe THIS will take you to his personnel page.

[edit on 3/2/08 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by erkokite
Night Vision was used in WW2 by both the US and Germany. Optical Fibers were invented in the 1840's, but were only first used practically in the 1920's for illumination during dental procedures.
You give far too little credit to humans.
Fiber optics, rockets, and night vision are human technologies. Whatever the ET's use for propulsion is far more interesting.

You brought up some very good points!

My grandfather was drafted by the Germans during WW2 and he told me, that their officers were telling them, that the enemy has night vision goggles, and can see them in the night as if it was daylight.. Well, they were exaggerating to scare them, but the technology really existed.

I was surprised, when i heard this, didn't know it was invented and used in that time.

Also, what's so special about optical fibers?

Transistors were just the next logical step, after those "bulbs" (don't know what they're called in english), and the semiconductors needed for transistors have been discovered and researched since 1833. Quantum theory helped with turning them into transistors. Not Roswell.

Some authors are just using things like these to make their story more plausible.

Unfortunatelly, this happens way too often.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deezee

fiber optics, whether created by man or not, are very impressive. they can be used to transmit a lot of data.

just read this link about fiber optics .

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

fiber optics, whether created by man or not, are very impressive. they can be used to transmit a lot of data.

I know what fiber optics are, and what they do.

I work with electronics proffesionally, so i also know how the other things that were mentioned, work and how they were developed.

And because i know how they work, i know there is nothing mystical about them.

Optical fibers transmitt light signals, but it's the emitter and reciever, that do all the work.. Oh, and the amplifiers in the middle, if the line is very long.
And these are all semiconductors, which were researched since the 1833, and optical fibers were also discovered WAY before Roswell, but were used to illuminate stuff around the corner at first (as another poster mentioned - in dentistry)

So you see, it actually took us a lot of time, to figure these things out and put them all together. They didn't just "pop out of thin air" after Roswell.

That's what i was trying to say.

Still, some authors like to use things like that to make their ideas more convincing. But it only works if you don't understand these things.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by deezee

of course they wouldnt pop out of thin air right after Roswell. it would take a lot of time just for them to be studied. whether they are ET or not, i dont know.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join