It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AFTER Roswell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
of course we all know about what supposedly happened near Roswell, NM, on 7 July, 1947. but look at the technology that came about between 5 and 15 years after the incident took place.

the Solar Battery- 1954
Artificial Intelligence- 1956
The launch of the Russian satelite Sputnik and the US satelite Explorer shortly after- 1957-58
First US rocket on the Moon- 1962

this has been discussed before on ATS, but my question to you is: is this all just a coincidence, were humans naturally advancing that rapidly in technology? or could we have possibly cheated, and stole it from galactic visitors who had a nasty accident?

[edit on 28/1/08 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
supposely more then that including Fiber Optics and Night Vision came out of Roswell. I seen some documentary on TV about Roswell where they explained the Fiber Optics were in the alien ship ran around the inside of it and that Night Vision was what was on the Aliens eyes, dont remember if it was natural or it might of been a addon the aliens had.

Theirs more then that but I dont remember all their was.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sarentack

yes, there were plenty of things that i could've listed, but i just wanted to name a few, to get a conversation started, because i knew others, such as yourself, would bring up other things.
thanks for chipping in

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
no one else has anything to say? surely there is someone out there who is just dieing to state their opinion. go for it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think you will really like reading this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check that out first.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I read a book a while back that is still one of my all time favorites. It is called 'The Day After Roswell' by Col. Philip J. Corso (Ret). He talks about this kind of stuff. IIRC, Night Vision, Integrated Circuit, Kevlar, Fiber Optics was discussed and how it was reverse engineered. Awesome stuff!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
is this all just a coincidence, were humans naturally advancing that rapidly in technology?

We had two very large wars in the span of fifty years during a period when we were just staring to figure out some very interesting things, thanks to science. And during those wars, we threw tons of money and resources at developing ways to either kill each other (atom bomb, rockets, etc.) or not get killed (radar, nylon parachutes, etc.).

Come on. Give human beings some credit for being incredibly clever.

Besides, I think it's pretty much a rip-off that most of the stuff we supposedly got from from the aliens is stuff we would have figured out on our own in a few more decades anyway. Nothing really cool, like personal levitation belts or mind sucking machines. Unless you count television. But I'm pretty sure that was invented by Filo T. Farnsworth.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

thanks for the links, Dulcimer. i just finished reading most of the first two links. do you mind if i ask for your personal opinion?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by titan722

yeah, ive heard of that book before, and im gonna try to get my hands on it so i can read it for myself.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Corso tells a good story, and that's what it is.

Reading his book, I find it very coincidental that he had a hand in this major tech breakthroughs. Oh! He also saw the Santilli aliens!

Total fraud.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Lord XIII]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Besides, I think it's pretty much a rip-off that most of the stuff we supposedly got from from the aliens is stuff we would have figured out on our own in a few more decades anyway. Nothing really cool, like personal levitation belts or mind sucking machines.

yeah, but it didnt take us a few more decades, we got it done then, rather than later.
personal levitation belts. sounds fun, haha.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

is this all just a coincidence, were humans naturally advancing that rapidly in technology?

We had two very large wars in the span of fifty years during a period when we were just staring to figure out some very interesting things, thanks to science. And during those wars, we threw tons of money and resources at developing ways to either kill each other (atom bomb, rockets, etc.) or not get killed (radar, nylon parachutes, etc.).

Come on. Give human beings some credit for being incredibly clever.

Besides, I think it's pretty much a rip-off that most of the stuff we supposedly got from from the aliens is stuff we would have figured out on our own in a few more decades anyway. Nothing really cool, like personal levitation belts or mind sucking machines. Unless you count television. But I'm pretty sure that was invented by Filo T. Farnsworth.

Hard to say really, I kind of wonder if alien technology assist humans in inventing new things, perhaps Roswell never occured, where would we be right now? Thats the question, I think alien technology has sparked so much progress into the human race inventing things that its actually startling. Take a look before Roswell, their was never a period in our life time before this incident in which technology advanced at such a rapid pace. Humans have gotten smarter yeah, but to say this would of come without Roswell might be over doing it.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
My personal opinion....

Well a lot of stuff has happened since that fateful date. Coincidence?

I would need a large amount of evidence to say that yes, we have recovered technology from a downed craft of another planet.

Do we have that evidence? Not that I know of.

The history of the transistor can also be read many different ways. People say it came after Roswell, but I think the idea was there much earlier.

en.wikipedia.org...

Who knows though?

I think if we recovered technology from a down alien spacecraft, we would have better aviation etc today.... err better that what we have today rather.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

the Solar Battery- 1954
Artificial Intelligence- 1956
The launch of the Russian satelite Sputnik and the US satelite Explorer shortly after- 1957-58
First US rocket on the Moon- 1962

1- Solar battery: Do you mean solar cell? 1954 marks the year of the first silicon solar cell. However, the first solar cell dates back to 1883.

2- AI: 1956 marks the creation of the field of AI research, not the creation of AI. The creation of AI dates back to 1652, with the creation of the first calculating machine. In 1912 'El Ajedrecista' was born, I think it was the first machine that played chess against humans. 1941 brought the first program controlled computer. In 1945 Game Thoery was born.

3- First rocket to ever reach space was the V-2, 1942. So humans had the technology to send stuff to space by then, why would putting stuff in orbit 15 years later be something to be surprised about?

4- Same reasoning as #3

[edit on 29-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
My personal opinion....

Well a lot of stuff has happened since that fateful date. Coincidence?

I would need a large amount of evidence to say that yes, we have recovered technology from a downed craft of another planet.

Do we have that evidence? Not that I know of.

The history of the transistor can also be read many different ways. People say it came after Roswell, but I think the idea was there much earlier.

en.wikipedia.org...

Who knows though?

I think if we recovered technology from a down alien spacecraft, we would have better aviation etc today.... err better that what we have today rather.

Whos to say we dont have better aviation? its better now then in 1950's. Especially the Stealth Bomber. Theirs been reports of military testing alien like craft.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I don't know aliens gave us fiber optics? That doesn't sound out-of-this-world-ish sorry nope. Computers aren't that impressive. Computer that were made out of tissue of any kind maybe. But stuff made out of material from earth probably doesn't have any cultural contamination. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

ok, but what about some of the other things, like fiber optics, night vision, and the transistor?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient5121

no one knows for sure if aliens gave us anything or not.
and i disagree with you about computers. they are, most of the time, very impressive. can you think of how the world would be today if there were none?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

ok, but what about some of the other things, like fiber optics, night vision, and the transistor?

It's interesting, but again, we were already working on those things before 1947. There doesn't seem to be anything show up after the supposed crash that is just so far outside our own technological framework that it literally had to have fallen out of the sky. ESP broadcast and reception devices, for instance. A radio that doesn't use the EM band we're familiar with. Or really intelligent machines. Stuff that's way, way out there.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

yeah, nothing really came out directly afterwards, but wouldnt you agree that it would take many months atleast to start to understand how the technology that could've been picked up worked?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join