It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AFTER Roswell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why would an alien spaceship thousands of years ahead of us technologically use anything recognizable to us?

Give a caveman a laptop PC and see if he can make anything out of it

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Why would an alien spaceship thousands of years ahead of us technologically use anything recognizable to us? Give a caveman a laptop PC and see if he can make anything out of it

Yeah, but we're not exactly cavemen. We do have recognized and effective scientific ways to examine bits of technology, as long as they function within our own range of understanding. On the other hand, just because we pick up an alien device we don't entirely understand, doesn't mean we couldn't use it. I don't know of any monkeys that can build a tricycle, but they can ride them pretty good.
We might not know how an alien disintegrator ray gun works, but we could point it at something and pull the trigger. But we don't have anything like that.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Alright, but there's also the fact that so-called alien technology described by witnesses worldwide bears no resemblance to any of our own technology.

For example: Topic creator claims our rockets were reverse-engineered from Roswell technology. But when is the last time you heard of a flying saucer using rocket propulsion? I thought they used anti-gravity systems?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
or could we have possibly cheated, and stole it from galactic visitors who had a nasty accident?

Hi wisefoolishness,
Here is the way I see it.
We didn’t stole it from them, it is more that it came in our possession because of the crash, and they let us have it to study it.
To help us to make some necessary technology progress or break throughs if you want.
When they had not allowed us to keep it, they simply had take it back.

So yes, we where also in a way cheated.
Some scientists received the honour for some new inventions who as they claimed where invented by themselves.
But the reality is that they good invented these new technologies only because of the studying they have done on this Alien debris/devises as Col. Philip J. Corso described in his excellent book “The Day After Roswell”.
And only so we ware able to make some very important technology progress or break throughs.
And look what it brought us.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

first, the fellas from the geico commercials wouldnt be too happy with you, haha.

i agree that rockets wouldnt be the main source of travel for an ET ship traveling possibly thousands of light years.
maybe, the rockets, or something similar to them, that would be used for something else other than travel, were found at the wreck, studied for a while, and then some scientists said duh, thats gonna help our rockets improve. im not saying that we completely stole the idea.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

so you believe that there was an ET ship that crashed near Roswell, and that we recovered some of their tech, and used it to make further advances in our own technology?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

i agree with you, and i think you stated that well.

i do think that most of the time, humans are not given enough credit for what we do for ourselves. although, sometimes we had to copy someone to get ahead.
look at it like copying a friends homework, but not the actual answer, just the work part. 2+2=?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
reply to post by Nohup

yeah, nothing really came out directly afterwards, but wouldnt you agree that it would take many months atleast to start to understand how the technology that could've been picked up worked?

Months at least for those working on it to understand, most definitely. But 20-50 years (depending on who you believe) for it to pass from military control to the public sector. Really, it's just as likely that any discoveries we hear about today have come from Roswell.

It's interesting, but again, we were already working on those things before 1947. There doesn't seem to be anything show up after the supposed crash that is just so far outside our own technological framework that it literally had to have fallen out of the sky. ESP broadcast and reception devices, for instance. A radio that doesn't use the EM band we're familiar with. Or really intelligent machines. Stuff that's way, way out there.

I tend to agree with you in principle, but at the same time if there was any kind of coverup at Roswell, then the source of any technology engineered from Roswell would also have to be covered up. If humans had any technology that seemed 'just so far out of our own technological framework that it literally had to have fallen out of the sky' then more humans would begin to wonder whether it did actually fall out of the sky.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by titan722

Brilliant! This is the book that I was thinking of when I read this thread. Thanks!

If you haven't read it,...... read it! Then come back and discuss this topic.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well I can say that technology gleaned from aliens are highly probable.

I also like to add that something similar to LCD technology was also gleaned from aliens, because I have seen it with my own eyes in one of the spacehips that I was taken onto.

Not actually the same as our LCD but the technology that I have seen is the wall on the inside of the ship - a hard opaque surface of some kind
can be turned into a screen or something instantly - like the atomic structure is altered instantly to allow something to be projected through like photons.

I would surmise that this technology will come up in 5 to 10 years....

Also holographic technology. Not like Star Wars, which looks so primitive. Their holographic technology is so real it can't possibly distinguished from something real. It's like the holographic projection is connected to your brain or something. It's like the hologram KNOWS when you are looking at it and adjusts the perspective, focus etc from your brain! It's like the hologram itself is alive!

Also they can also render solid objects invisible - solid objects and even yourself and you can go through walls. Yeah weird... The universe is weirder that anyone can imagine...

Oh and humans still can't figure out the true potential of fiber optics. Fiber optics, night vision, integrated circuits are like a primitive technology for them. It's like they had intentionally given it to us to steer us from the REAL out of whack technology that would destroy us or our biosphere in an instant or letting us take our bosnia, rwanda and holocaust outside our earth...

I also surmise that the Roswell incident was intentional. Yes all of that was PLANTED. The incident was planted to make us believe it was a crash to see what we would do with their technology and steer us away from screwing around in their neighbourhood - outrer space.

Do you really think an alien race who can travel DIMENSIONS and defy and litreally play with gravity fields are affected by something as trivial as weather? Just think about that.... We are like monkeys being given some toys to play with in our zoo just to keep us busy from figuring out how to get out of the zoo....

[edit on 29-1-2008 by BobbyLazer]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyLazer

so you yourself have been abducted before? please share more.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I definitely could see this. Just like Terminator 2 i think it was, where they got all that tech off the original Terminators arm, and chip that was in there.

But yea I looked into this a few times,even talked with a couple skeptic friends (not pleasent) and some people can debunk this tech after Roswell pretty damn good, me however, I always thought it was a bit too coincidental how after 45 the tech just started popping up everywhere, and the one thing that always is the key seems to be fiber optics.

-The caveman analogy doesn't hold up.

A better anology would be aliens giving the Cavemen a set of Tinder, and striking stone, firemakeing tools ect. (before they could create fire). With simple instuctions: ie. models on the papers showing the exact steps how to produce the fire.

Or maybe even just dropping a spear from the sky. I mean after they figured out the spear it was a whole nother ballgame, they were killing Mammoths, and clothing, sheltering/feeding themselves for an extremely long time.

But yea, a computer to the cavemen would be as good as a coke bottle. Hehe, anyone ever seen that movie , what was it, "The God's must be Crazy". Pure geneious, that film was.

Good Post though, it's nice to see many people who believe it, would love to hear some debunkers thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

thanks for your post Nola. i would like to hear some skeptics, too. i am very pleased so far as to how the thread has turned out.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Actually, the Germans launched the first man made object in space in 1942. UFO's don't use rockets- they are far too crude. Night Vision was used in WW2 by both the US and Germany. Optical Fibers were invented in the 1840's, but were only first used practically in the 1920's for illumination during dental procedures.

You give far too little credit to humans. The stuff that the ET's have is probably many thousands of years more advanced than what we have, which is not to say we could not duplicate some of it. We are a technological society, and if we assume that ET's did not produce much new in the last few thousand years (due to lack of need), then sure, we could have reverse engineered some of it.

Fiber optics, rockets, and night vision are human technologies. Whatever the ET's use for propulsion is far more interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by erkokite

yes im sure that their ships are far beyond being powered by rockets, but perhaps there were rockets and they were used for something else. who really knows? the likely choice for how ET's travel is with anti-gravity tech. humans rather recently came out with stealth aircraft, who knows whats in store for the next 10-25 years?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

[In 1921 the 14-year-old Mormon had an idea while working on his father's Idaho farm. Mowing hay in rows, Philo realized an electron beam could scan a picture in horizontal lines, reproducing the image almost instantaneously. This would prove to be a critical breakthrough in Philo Farnsworth's invention of the television in 1927.] The story goes that young Philo had help from an alien entity called Akneideis.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sarentack

Yes, We haven't done much inventing over the last 60 years.
We've been too busy reverse engineering working prototypes placed
right in front of us. The Top Hat disc that made a controlled
landing in the center of New Mexico was loaded with advanced
technology. Fiber Optics, thermoelectric generator, microprocessors,
manual load matter/antimatter reactor, 3 gravity wave caterpillar drives,
light weight polyalloy hull,lead waveguide down the center,
liquid crystal displays, compact disc data storage, small atomic clock,
small replicator for life support (oxygen/nitrogen) ,
client/client/server computer system, advanced navigation system,
advanced communication system, etc.
We could take the above technology and build new and improved
Space Shuttle 2.0 !

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

just curious, how do you know about what kind of stuff was in that craft?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Another good book is Crash at Corona by Stanton Friedman.
He discusses how 2 saucers had a mid air collision the first
week of July 1947. One self destructed and the pieces fell
to the ground. This is the debris field on the Brazel ranch.
The other saucer had a bad gash in the side but was able
to make a controlled landing. It was put on a flat bed truck
and moved to Los Alamos National Laboratory. The nearest
secure government facility at the time. Some army guy named
Armstrong with red hair threatened EVERYBODY !

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You're all missing the obvious. Its the aliens copying us, not theother way around. The reason they have LCDs onboard is that they're crazy for that retro funky Earth look, they also have bakelite radios, coke cans with detachable ring pulls, & the walls are lit by the gentle light of glowing pre transistor valves.

Seriously, take a laptop back just 50 years & no one would be able to reverse engineer anything from it, the technology to analyse it properly didn't exist, never mind to copy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join