It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arent you someone famous or Rich?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Why weren't you born rich or famous? Why are people born in poverty ridden countries or us born in the U.S. or born into a family thats has been poor for generations? Seems like we were just all born this way for a reason. I mean we could maybe go to school to be an actor or a doctor of some sort. But for the ones of us that hadn't tried this or is having a hard time trying it, do you think its because of who you are and where your family blood line comes from?
I mean you just may have to go with the flow to get to where you want to be but most of the time (were I read of this) the person knew, knows or is kin to someone on the inside. With the Royal Family Bloodline thing, it kind of makes a person think that that bloodline just splits off into little tiny ones that make the people that are notable the way they are. I'm sorry if this does not make sense because I'm not good at making this sound professional.

I would really like an insight to this if you have it.

[edit on 1/27/2008 by scottr.]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I`m not famous.

I`ve got zero debt though, and enough cash in the bank to live for at least a year in just about any city in the world. Does that make me rich? I`m just over 30, so I think I`m doing pretty well.

My parents were poor. So were theirs. So were theirs. As near as anyone can tell, no one in my bloodline has ever been rich. My family did what they could, but I`ve never asked them for help, because I know there`s not much they can give.

I worked my way through a couple of university degrees. 40 hours a week of work, plus my studies. I currently live and work in Japan. I work about 40 hours a week, and study Japanese for about 20-30 hours a week. In return, I make a very good living. When I pass my next level of Japanese (JLPT1), I will be able to double my salary with ease.

I`ve done this by emulating the qualities I`ve seen in successful people. Refusal to blame failure on circumstances beyond my control and refusal to shy away from difficult tasks top that list. I`m no one special. I just refuse to accept that I need to be born into a secret club to have a high quality of life.

My 2¥...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How do you know im not rich or famous? Rich and famous people come to the Internet also and they too are in search of the truth. Even rehab has a room with Internet access.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I see. I just forgot to write " Just for people who are not Rich and Famous"

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I agree. I hate to think that someone else is controlling how I live life. All the best to you.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
ROFLMAO

That's right. I may be rich and famous but i didnt say i was smart.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

I think there are plenty of people who are "rich" or maybe even "famous" who dont come from any sort of royal family blood lines.

Some people have worked their arses off to get where they are. Has nothing to do with bloodlines except for maybe some good moral and working ethics taught to them.

That would be both sets of my grandparents. As far as I know, I dont come from any Royal bloodline. Ive never looked into that. LOL However, both my grandparents grew up in the depression and worked their arses off....saved money....and are extremely well off - though one set are now dead. They came from hard working families too. Their money, they earned.

So, I was born into it....but I really doubt it has anything to do with Royal Blood lines. Might have to look into that though

As far as famous people. There are MANY famous people whom I doubt came from royal blood lines - and just happened to be very talented and got discovered. I think of Ben Aflick and Matt Damond. They werent even raised anywhere near Hollywood and look where they are today.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.
Why weren't you born rich or famous?

I've made myself wealthy and relatively famous through hard work. You would recognise my name if you heard it, I am almost certain.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think that there is something there. Because of the fact that I am not famous or rich or important in the media world. I think that about everyone. I guess its just me.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Im a billionaire in Zimbabwe dollars.

I am happy with who I am and where I came from. What more can you ask for...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

PLEASE stop sending me

Email scams!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

If you u2u me i promise not to tell.

I've held some deep dark secrets here for years.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There is no need to be rich or famous in order to have a great life.
The best way to get through life is to have little or no debut.

I don’t want fame or fortune my personal feelings and things I have seen tell me it does nothing but corrupt the soul (you can agree or disagree it matters not to me). Many that are rich and famous seem to never be completely satisfied always searching for something they cannot seem to find. This may simply be due to the greed of those who do not have that are tugging at the shirt tails of those that do.

I don’t care to be known by others I want my peace and quiet without interruption (except from my son or wife). I don’t need to be famous to be happy I already am happy. I feel very rich in life because of those around me. I am returning to school with full support of my wife who is just awesome. And I cannot say enough about my son I love him dearly.

As for debut it can be hard to live without any at all though some do. While I have a house payment, two car payments and school loans I still do pretty well. I am far from rich I can’t say I could live without a job for an extended period of time but I am working hard to pay the debuts I have and most (aside from house and school are getting close). I’m not driving cars far beyond my means nor is my home out of reach either I don’t have the worries many do today.

You can have the rich and famous life. I’ll keep my humble quiet life that is richer than most will ever have.

Raist

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Why not be happy and healthy first? Fame and wealth can follow, if needed. That's how I run my life, based on comfort rather than ostentation. Excess money goes into investments such as a bar of gold under my bed - rather than houses and cars which attract enemies as well as friends (and these sort of friends don't stick around when the money's gone.)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

What's your name?

Surely we'd be glad to know who surfs at ATS!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

If you u2u me i promise not to tell.

I've held some deep dark secrets here for years.

Ugh! And this is how conspiracy theories start!
TeeHee!

[edit on 28-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
fame and fortune are temporary substitutes for inner peace. Those things rarely last for those who seek them, while inner peace is eternal. I may seek fame if only to spread a message of peace to these people who are cliinging to the material and superficial.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I`ve got zero debt though, and enough cash in the bank to live for at least a year in just about any city in the world. Does that make me rich?

no good sir your a poser lol
ritch people laugh at you becouse you want to be like them .
poor people hate on you cause you act like your ritch lol
did i sum that up for you?

I think there are plenty of people who are "rich" or maybe even "famous" who dont come from any sort of royal family blood lines.

Some people have worked their arses off to get where they are. Has nothing to do with bloodlines except for maybe some good moral and working ethics taught to them

movie stare's are ritch ....not wealthy...

wealth passed down is what the man speak's of.
spoiled kid's who run your country that dodge draft's ect...
daddy give me 50k for a new car ..
them kinda people....

ok my boss is 27 year's old his dad gave him his company when he got out of school.
did he earn it ???????? no that's wealth

yes hard work help's but rember a % of yoru hard work goes into
the weatlhy man /company that's paying you lol
there for you are allways poor in a ritch man's eye's..

Oprah winfrey the ritch's black lady in the world lol
she is ritch the Boss man giving her paycheck's.....that's wealth
he laugh's at opray think about it......

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

There is a lot of luck involved in being successful in any endeavor.

That luck usually gets passed down from your parents, in some way. Additional luck can just lands on you for some reason. Certainly, skill helps. I can't argue that. But without luck, you are kind of stuck at your level, or traveling downward.

To me, that is obvious. I know a lot of incredibly talented thinkers, actors, and writers. But they are unable to penetrate the inner circle of the rich and famous. The best musicians in the world never get a chance to be heard. The best ideas fall on the floor.

The sad news: you never appreciate how lucky you really are. People who are lucky can’t see it, because they have no basis for comparison. This is true and I will prove it to you with the very next statement:

#

YOU ARE INCREDIBLY LUCKY JUST TO BE BORN!

#

See? You don't usually think about that. You take that extreme measure of luck for granted.

Given that above, I guess we are all lucky enough, and shouldn’t be envious or complain too much.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
there is a serious im-balance between the very rich and the
rest of society.
what is the difference between rich and wealthy.?
rich = mabey 10 million to 500 million
wealthy= mabey 500 million to 200 billion or more.
in london they have a street ,I think its called billionairs rd.
Billionairs only alowed.

I think everyone pretty much deserves to be comfortable.
but no one individual or company or family should be allowed
to monopolize so much of the worlds monetary resource.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join