It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer records UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf

how about a hot air balloon.. ?? its gliding down real smooth

That's what I thought at first, but at frame 0.45 seconds the object in question seems to be quite a distance or alttitude and I didnt see any rigging or basket. I suppose that is an option we can't rule out but my personal opinion is that it's not a hot air balloon. Just my 2 cents

However a small balloon like you get at the gift shop could be an option. IMO it's really hard to judge the size of the object. As Mr Jackdaw said there is alot of shaking and moving going on and I am having trouble finding a refference point to estimate size.

What I did find interesting was at frame 0.57 you can make out a shape and some details. Not the best shot but it is strange. Does anybody have the right software to run this through. I don't think this is CGI or anything just curious how that frame would look cleaned up.

Nice find OP

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't know, that video showing the cop, is different from the other video, different car maybe and no cops around, do you think they maybe added the cop video to try fool us into thinking it's real?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

he could have been dismounting the camera so that he could turn it

my best guess

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is the most interesting vid I've seen in a while. But, I wonder about the statement the officer makes about checking out the area and finding nothing so "it can't be a balloon." Seems like he's too adamant about it not being a balloon. How do we know this is a real police video? Is there any way to tell?
Just throwing it out there, but maybe someone sought to gain credibility by pretending the vid was shot by a cop.

Edit: Oh, Phoenix, I guess you and me are thinking along the same lines.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Disclosure Agent

A little more credible because it comes from a police officer? Please....especially in Mexico or wherever this was shot. Have you ever dealt with a cop in south America...if you give them cash, they look the other way. Anyways, it seems to me that this "object" is slowly descending closer and closer to the ground, as if it is coming in for a landing somewhere. IMO, this is either a remote controlled object, or just a balloon of sorts on a slow descent. As close as this object was appearing to get to the ground, especially in broad daylight, hard to believe an actual UFO/alien craft. Just my opinion though.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I agree that this video raises a lot of unanswered questions. There is no backstory, no provenance. At least, not in the OP or in the YouTube post. We've all seen lots of video hoaxes int he past, so what is there about this one that makes a hoax less likely?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I say Impressive video but not enough evidence to determine if this was a balloon of some sort or some sort of craft. Inconclusive in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

But, there is enough evidence to support the idea of balloon - it's round (not really round but you get the point), and look at its movement.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

I'm a Paramedic, I took these pics of a simliar looking object with my cell cam while on the ambulance one evening. The pics were taken several minutes apart, it seemed to be hanging around for about 5-10 minutes. I've had other experiences too, from exhilirating to terrifying. I've heard alot of stories have seen a few pics and vids posted from people who work in public safety (police, fire, ems, etc) Is that just coincidence? Or do we just spend more time out and about in our communities, making us more likely to see something outside?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hot air balloons are not always round. I live outside a small town that has a hot air balloon race each June. This object in the video seems to me to be a hot air balloon, but I cannot see a basket below it. So it's curious to me. I am undecided. By the way I saw a hot air balloon air two years ago that was shaped like a multi-tiered wedding cake.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
reply to post by kleverone

But, there is enough evidence to support the idea of balloon - it's round (not really round but you get the point), and look at its movement.

Like I said, Inconclusive. That means that there is not enought evidence to determine what it was. To assume that it was a balloon based on it's movements would lead me to believe that you have seen an actual UFO to verify that it would not move in the same manor. I am not saying that you are wrong, I am simply pointing out facts.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chillidog

Thanks for sharing thos pics Chillidog. Those are pretty impressive. I have seen a UFO before as well. Very awe-inspiring.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If it's hot air balloon you'd expect to see the flame and the basket under it. If the flame were to go out wouldn't it crash quite fast?
And when it comes to the video camera itself I'm thinking that it's improvised version of a police camera. For one it doesn't show the HUD info that they always do and the turning might indicate that it's just a handheld vid cam mounted on the truck. Might be cheaper to actually getting a real police cam + you can take it with you so noone will steal it from the car

[Edit] You can actually see the improvised rack in the beginning of the video.

[edit on 27/1/2008 by PsykoOps]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Looks like an F-16 jet out of Texas to me. (sarcasm off)

I gotta go with a balloon first since there wasn't any extraordinary movement to say otherwise, but good stuff anyway. Up to a good investigator to say there's something more to it.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Looks a lot like blimp. If they had captured it for a longer time on footage then it wouldn't have been so questionable.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The video appears to be authentic , an object is moving in the air.
The trajectory indicates a helium balloon in descent .
Mexico has had erroneous sightings of Ufos that were debunked as helium filled balloons in the past . ( sorry , I have no sources , just memory of article )
The police officers should have investigated this suspicious looking object's low altitude to see if it did indeed land ... or disappear .

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
sorry police dash cams do not zoom in or turn. they are usually mounted with usually pretty bad video quality, and also there is no way for a cop to pull their own tape out, it must be done by a supervisor or SGT. this is fake.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The Mex Balloon gig was nice for awhile, but come'on. Our friends south o'the border have got to come up with something different for utube.
The entire "cop" thing or whatever it was dropped me out of my chair. If only we had "smart cams" in squad cars in US of A.....
Now to Taco Bell.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
this is so blatantly fake , it is not funny

watch it carefully , there is an edit break right after the tow truck pulls up , why ?

the cop / tow truck segment is not even on the same stretch of road as the alledged UFO

again - watch the vid - in the first segment they are on a busy dual carrige way - and sitting on the verge of the right hand lane [ mexico drives on the right ]

but in the ` ufo segment ` they are on a much smaller road - the car coming the other way is very close to them

the ` cop segment ` has been spl.liced in to add false provenance

that is an act of gross dishonesty

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
sorry police dash cams do not zoom in or turn. they are usually mounted with usually pretty bad video quality, and also there is no way for a cop to pull their own tape out, it must be done by a supervisor or SGT. this is fake.

Not all police departments in the world have the same equipment as the cops in the US. You might not have noticed but the cop in the video is a Veracruz highway patrol cop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join