It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Identified

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

The beast of Rev. 13:1-10 is the beast of verses 17,18. The symbol represents a power as do the beasts of daniel and other chapters of the Book of Revelation:

Rev. 13:2, "And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."

Note this power has an image, a mark, a number. (Rev. 15:2). The beast succeeds the dragon ans receives the dragon's capital city. (Rev. 12:1-6.) The dragon is primarily Satan (verse 9) but secondarily the pagan Roman Empire through which Satan worked in an effort to destroy Christ. Note the three symbols:

"Dragon" - Rome.
"Woman" - The Church (2 Cor. 11:2).
"Manchild" - Christ (Rev. 19:15).

Pagan Rome was succeeded by papal Rome, which received the city as its capital. It is a religious power (Rev. 13:1). "Blasphemy" is a religious offense (John 10:33 and Luke 5:21). The power to forgive sins belongs to God only. Honor due God is not due man.

666 is the number of a man and is in his name.

One of the titles of the Bishop of rome is Vicar of the Son of God or in the Latin official language, Vicarius Filii Dei. This official name is acknowledged to be one of the titles used by the popes. The letters of the Latin or Roman phrase Vicarius Filii Dei have the numerical value 666:

V - 5
I - 1
C - 100
A - 0
R - 0
I - 1
U - 5
S - 0

F - 0
I - 1
L - 50
I - 1
I - 1

D - 500
E - 0
I - 1

Total 666

The forged Donation of Constantine was used for centuries to uphold the papal right to this exalted title:

"Mark" is a religious symbol, because acceptance of it is called the worship of the "beast." It is not an outward symbol. If so it could be forced on those opposed to it. Those who refuse the mark keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus; therefore, those who have he mark do not keep them. Those who receive the seal of god are victorious over the mark of the beast; thus the mark involves a violation of the fourth commandment, because the seal of God concerns the Sabbath.

Rev 7:3, "Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have seale3d the servants of our God in their foreheads."

The mark of the beast is received in the forehead or in the hand, the forehead implying the center of the mind, the hand the cooperation of expediency. No one has the mark today. It will be received only when, by a national Sunday law, compliance involves a violation of the fourth commandment of the Decalogue.

The lamb-like beast of Rev. 13 causes man to worship the "beast," either the first leopard-like beast or the image of the beast, and a union is formed with parallel purpose between Catholicism and modern Protestantism cooperating together with the civil power.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hi/

Here's what I dont understand......

The forged Donation of Constantine was used for centuries to uphold the papal right to this exalted title:

What exactly does this quote above mean?
What has The Emperor Constantine have to do with Papal authourity?

I know that many times people bring this up,again and again, is it because of the 'Da vinci code' Lie?
People do realise that this is a book of FICTION, don't they!
Constantine was an Emperor.......

HISTORY: Until 1054 the Eastern and the Roman were two branches of the same sacramental body.
The division began when the Roman emperor Constantine moved his capital from Rome to Constantinople in 330 A.D. Powerful church leaders claimed authority over large regions and were vying for supremacy.
There was the bishop of Rome in the West, and four patriarchs in the East. The main point of contention between the eastern and the western divisions was the papacy.
More important than doctrine was the issue of power and authority.
The Eastern Orthodox rejected the pope, while retaining Rome's sacramental system and most of Rome's unscriptural doctrines.
Eastern Orthodoxy

The Mark of the Beast will not be revealed till the the Antichrist makes an appearance and either deceives or forces people to take the MARK!
.......and until then, many will try to come up with their own conclusions as to what this MARK is.
Not only is this dangerous,but also foolish to think that 'they', know or assume the mark is this or that...foolish because many will be deceived.
Till then...what really should be done is to pray and fast, because at the time of the Antichrist, food shall be scarce and the Two Prophets shall minister and their shall be no rain....
''And if any man will hurt them,
fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them,
he must in this manner be killed.
These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood,
and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. Rev 11:5-6

Also read...In the Old Testament, two witnesses were required before judgment could be passed (Deu 17:6 also Deu 19:15)

The miracles that the Antichrist and the false prophet do will be to deceive....they will work false miracles and elusions....mainly in the heavenly realms... the Sky!

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Hi/

Here's what I dont understand......

What exactly does this quote above mean?
What has The Emperor Constantine have to do with Papal authourity?

I know that many times people bring this up,again and again, is it because of the 'Da vinci code' Lie?
People do realise that this is a book of FICTION, don't they!
Constantine was an Emperor.......

No the quote has nothing to do with the 'Da Vinci code', which is in fact, fiction.

The Papacy was in a bitter struggle for power with the Roman Empire and forged this document as a power grab.

Purportedly issued by the fourth century Roman Emperor Constantine I, the Donation grants Pope Sylvester I and his successors, as inheritors of St. Peter, dominion over the city of Rome, Italy, and the entire Western Roman Empire, while Constantine would retain imperial authority in the Eastern Roman Empire from his new imperial capital of Constantinople. The text claims that the Donation was Constantine's gift to Sylvester for instructing him in the Christian faith, baptizing him and miraculously curing him of leprosy.

It has been suggested that an early draft was made shortly after the middle of the eighth century in order to assist Pope Stephen II in his negotiations with Pepin the Short, the Frankish Mayor of the Palace. In 754, Pope Stephen II crossed the Alps to anoint Pepin king, thereby enabling the Carolingian family to supplant the old Merovingian royal line. In return for Stephen's support, Pepin apparently gave the Pope the lands in Italy which the Lombards had taken from the Byzantine Empire. These lands would become the Papal States and would be the basis of the Papacy's secular power for the next eleven centuries.

"Donation of constantine:
"Sicut B. Petrus in terris vicarius filii Dei esse videtur constitutus, ita et Pontifices, qui ipsius principis apostolorum gerunt vices, principatus postestatem amplius quam terrena imperialis nostrae serenitatis mansuetudo habere videtur, concessam a nobis nostroque imperio obtineant."

"As the blessed Peter is seen to have been constituted vicar of the Son of god on the earth, so the Pontiffs who are he representatives of that same chief of he apostles, should obtain from us and our empire the power of a supremacy greater than the clemency of our earthly imperial serenity is seen to have conceded to it."

Source: donation of Constantine, quoted in Christopher B. Coleman, The Treatiseof Lorenzo on the Donation of Constantine, pp. 12, 13. Copyright 1922 by Yale University Press, New Haven, Conn.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

The Mark of the Beast will not be revealed till the the Antichrist makes an appearance and either deceives or forces people to take the MARK!
......and until then, many will try to come up with their own conclusions as to what this MARK is.
Not only is this dangerous,but also foolish to think that 'they', know or assume the mark is this or that...foolish because many will be deceived.

From what source do you elucidate these eventualities?
The Bible is abundant with detailed prophecy fortelling the Antichrist, the Mark of the beast, the events of the end of time, and how to discern the meaning thereof.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybrseer

......and until then, many will try to come up with their own conclusions as to what this MARK is.

From what source do you elucidate these eventualities?
The Bible is abundant with detailed prophecy fortelling the Antichrist, the Mark of the beast, the events of the end of time, and how to discern the meaning thereof.

Hi/
Along the
The book of Revelation/
The book of Daniele/

Note: there are common traits between the beast of the Apocalypse and the four beasts of the prophet Daniel that personified the four ancient pagan empires (Daniel ch. 7).
The fourth beast referred to the Roman Empire, and the tenth horn of the last beast symbolized the Syrian ruler Antiochus Epiphanes - as a prototype of the forthcoming antichrist, whom the Archangel Gabriel called the "contemptible one" (Dan. 11:21).
The characteristics and the deeds of the apocalyptic beast have much in common with the prophet Daniel's tenth horn (Dan. 7:8-12, 20-25, 8:10-26, 11:21-45).
The first two books of the Maccabees serve as a vivid illustration of the times before the end of the world.

link to the above quote/

we also have ...."And in the latter times of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full,
a king of fierce countenance,
and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up." (Daniel 8:23)

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders...." (2 Thessalonians 2:9)

conclusion, the eighth Day!

The teachings are from Ancient Christianity.....no modernization.

hope that helps.

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cybrseer

Has it not been predicted that there will be 111 popes, and, the current pope is number 110? I await either you of helen's answer........

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

I see one reason why our interpretations differ.
I do not subscribe to the authenticity or legitimacy of the apocrypha.

After studying Daniel and Revelations it is my conclusion that the time lines, events, and prophecies match up perfectly with the time lines and events of the Papacy. I could share hundreds of examples like the following to illustrate my point: and perhaps that opportunity will be forthcoming.

Let it be known, my intrest is only to share and exchange ideas in the quest for inlightenment. It is not my desire to excoriate anyone or anything, nor is it my desire to offend, however, I realize that many will be offended by anything that does not agree with their beliefs. So with that said, yes, I am suggesting that the Pope and the Papacy is the Antichrist and the servants of Satan.

Example:

Dan 7:8 'I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things."

After the brek-up of the western Empire of Rome, papal ?Rome succeeded pagan Rome as the center of civilization and political power. It rose among the ten divisions of rome and overthrew three of these kingdoms which were followers of the Arian form of christianity and opposed the spiritual supremacy of the Papacy. These three kingdoms among the ten were the Heruli, brought down in 493, the Vandals in 534, and the Ostrogoths in 538. Papal Rome being the "little horn".

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I think that it is just another piece of deception and propaganda proliferated by the Catholic Church. The Papacy is full of self created scripture, text, books, and documents penned for what ever need or desire was at hand. The majority of which have no basis in fact or scripture.

Example:

The Ten Commandments.

The second commandment did not fit the practices of the Catholic church.
Such as idols and graven images, like, St Peter, the Virgin Mary, Jesus hanging on the cross. So they removed all the text from the original second commandment that contradicted the churches practices.

The Original Second Commandment.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or hat is in the water under the earth; thou shalt not bow down thyself to them nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

The Catholic version of the Second commandment.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy god in vain.

In fact they simply removed the offending Second Commandment and paraphrased the Third Commandment and called it the Second Commandment. This left them one Commandment short so they paraphrased and split the Tenth Commandment to make up the difference.

Malachy's Prophecies - The Last 10 Popes
Known to Catholics as St. Malachy (1094-1148)

Born in 1094 A.D. at Armagh, Ireland, Saint Malachy is also known as: Maolmhaodhog ua Morgair; Maol Maedoc; and Malachy O'Morgair. He died as he himself predicted, on November 2, 1148 at Clairvaux, France. Malachy was canonized the first Irish Saint in the Catholic Church by Pope Clement III in 1190 A.D.

The correspondence between the prophecies of Saint Malachy and the Mayan Calendar (whose 'long count' ends in 2012) are alarming, to put it mildly. Why did the ancient Mayan or pre-Maya choose December 21st, 2012 A.D., as the end of their Long Count calendar?

Saint Malachy was a 12th century Irish monk, who, while on a visit to Rome had a vision of all the popes who would ever reign. Malachy "saw"-and committed to paper- a series of Latin phrases describing the popes to come. He catalogued each one with an epigrammatic verse, such as 'the tears of the sun'. Malachy made the prophecy in 1139. Reportedly it was entrusted to Pope Innocent II in 1140. But for some reason it was "lost" in the Vatican for 400 years, only to be "discovered" in 1595 A.D. Malachy s predictions reputedly were made in 1139 while he was on a pilgrimage to the Vatican, where he was appointed papal legate for Ireland. On his last trek to the holy see in Rome, in 1148, Malachy accurately predicted the place and time of his own death: Clairvaux, France, on All Souls Day, November 2, of that same year.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Thank you an excellent point. I had forgotten. More proof that cahtolics carry the mark as do muslims.

How would you assign numerals to the name Barak Hussen Obama? Please check my spelling.................

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

If you use Roman numerals.

I =1

V =5 or U =5

X =10

L =50

C =100

D =500

M =1000

B = 0
A = 0
R = 0
A = 0
C = 100
K = 0

H = 0
U = 5
S = 0
S = 0
E = 0
I = 1
N = 0

O = 0
B = 0
A = 0
M = 1000
A = 0

TOTAL = 1106

If you use English Numerology equivalencies.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z

B = 2
A = 1
R = 9
A = 1
C = 3
K = 2

H = 8
U = 3
S = 1
S = 1
E = 5
I = 9
N = 5

O = 6
B = 2
A = 1
M = 4
A = 1

TOTAL = 64

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yeah, that's the Prophecy of Malachi or something like that... But wait... are you taking extracanonical predictions by a Catholic as fact? Is it just because it says something bad about other catholics?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Yeah, that's the Prophecy of Malachi or something like that... But wait... are you taking extracanonical predictions by a Catholic as fact? Is it just because it says something bad about other catholics?

Well satan knows when he's plannin' to play god. There is only one pope left in the list. Number 111 (I think).

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I love this thread, but I still think if you want to see links to what could bind all the versus in the bible and associated ideas into a single theory, with regard to the beast of revelation and the mark what they are, you should investigate in a different direction.

Most people don't get the bible they don't see it, because they try and look at it, or interpret what it says for meaning, from the outside in, or that is by a stickily senses method.

They study Hebrew, Greek, Arabic, lots of different languages, lean what theologians think, generally do endless academic work and listen to lots of self appointed experts in their efforts to find interpretations.

But if you assume the bible is what it has been claimed by many to be, a holy book written by men but authored God, then it was done by supernatural means.

God revealed to the mind of the individuals involved, the ideas He wanted communicated, then the individuals used their language and understanding to write them.

It would not have been some kind of dictation where God told them the words or moved there hands to write things like making a puppet dance.

With anything considered a genuine holy works it would be an open ended, on going, interactive medium

The individual seeking understanding is required to participate fully and actively, on purpose and by design, in the same way and at the same level as those doing the work share.

One must learn how to receive revelation, or be spiritually active in real time, in order to participate in the same way those involved in its development did, because it is a work in progress it is incomplete without your fellowship because you are intended to be a part, it is a living process in motion, which requires your efforts, for its further emergence and unfolding.

Personally I think it is holy, that is the ideas contained in the book, but only the individual seeking can interpret it for meaning, no one can do that for someone else and you can't look to other people for understanding, but only God and yourself.

That is why you can have several hundred different interpretations of a single verse and it still be possible that all of them are correct.

For each of those individuals their interpretation is how God reveals to them what they need to know in order to find understanding, which is not just a mental awakening, but also a physical occurrence supernaturally produced, which is reached in real time by coming to a needed circumstance or set of circumstances through the practical realities of their each divergent and varied lives.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

i agree with what you say all the way up to your statement----no one has the mark today?

i don't think the catholic church ever rescinded their command that if any were to be found judaising they were to be declared anathema and their worldly possessions could be confiscated and themselves(sabbath keepers)handed over to the inquisitors to make them recant.

even if the "church" is not in a position at the moment to persuade caesar to enforce the mark of the beast the majority of english speaking countries accept as their "religion" sunday/easter/valentines/xmas and newyears rather than G-D's holy days of leviticus 23---in other words they already accept the mark of the beast.

there are those of us that have already had a hard enough time finding a job where you could be employed with out a requirement to work or at least be availble for work on saturday/shabbat besides having to endure the xmas madness forced on us everywhere you go during/before and after that month

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Thank you an excellent point. I had forgotten. More proof that cahtolics carry the mark as do muslims.

How would you assign numerals to the name Barak Hussen Obama? Please check my spelling.................

Oh my goodness! This comment is absolute pooh, if ever I saw one. Well, at least one-half of the comment lumping Catholics in with Islam which is in fact ANTI-CHRISTIAN from it's very beginnings.

Catholics have Faith in Jesus Christ as their saviour. All else is, simply, rhetorical dogma.

Folks, let's not tear down other Christians. Our collective experiences are both noble AND sordid.

There is nothing noble about Islam....merely beating into submission those that won't comply----death to those who won't convert.

Also, the struggle to discern who is/will be the anti-christ, likewise the identity of the beast is just that: A struggle for truth in discernment to whit--- all will be known in the relatively near future. At least this is my personal belief.

There is nothing to be done in preparation for coming events. Simply put (and we have been assured from the Man Himself)...we will know the identities of both the beast and the anti-christ when we SEE them!

Question. Why does knowing the identities of these two beings now have any bearing on our lives and how we live it? Gods plan will play out.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey

i agree with what you say all the way up to your statement----no one has the mark today?

You make a valid point. Much of the ground work is allready in place, and there are many who fall under compliance, however, until a national Sunday law exists that is enforced without exception I still feel that no one has the mark today. There are Sunday blue laws, a term used to describe regional and local Sunday laws in effect today, but it is my understanding that until a national Sunday law exists "the mark of the beast" will not be manifest.

My interpretation of Bible prophecy may or may not be entirely or even partially correct.

Unfortunately I am not omniscient and until that improbability I welcome all enlightenment.

Cybrseer

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
i agree with the point that the sabbath is possibly on saturday, But, i do not agree on the deduction that that is the mark of the beast. I would say RFID chips are a little more likely to be the defendant.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by deenamarie53

Question. Why does knowing the identities of these two beings now have any bearing on our lives and how we live it? Gods plan will play out.

Because it shows the TIME in which we live. The end-times........a time to prepare for the return of Jesus, to know he is at the door. The open the eyes of those who have been decieved.

Catholics glorify others besides Jesus and GOD. They falsely worship idols, they refuse the sabbath, they bring us pagan holidays.......

Since GOD marks his people in there hands and forehead with the covenant of sabbath and the law and the holy days, it makes sense that the anti-christ mark would be the opposite of that mark.

Refusing the true sabbath, refusing the law, changeing the commandments to fit their agenda, praying to saints and mary, chanting like pagans (hail mary crap), confessing sin to a man (priest), fake babtisim.............

Then islam and refusing Christ, worshiping friday's, etc, etc, etc,

How much more of a MARK can there be?????????????????????

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The ignorant will and have already accepted the MARK, there will be an enforement point for the "elect" at which they realize a moment in time where the decision will affect eternity. "Accept or die", death may be starvation, it may be in prison, it may be execution. In the middle east the moment was torture and death for Daniel Pearl and others. "Beheaded" for his names sake...........

Everyone who looks for the mark is waiting for a national, instant "time". That will be the final sign, the final takeover. There is nothing that says the mark didn't start at the time of constantine and muhammad. The enforcement at the end-time is what is described in Revelations. During the time of the anti-christ's rein...........

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
It should also be noted, in light of the constant barrage of christian nonsense on this board recently, that most well-informed and intelligent higher ranking members of Christ's first and most powerful church, the roman catholic church, admit privately that Jesus was just a man, and nothing more. They 'deified' him in order to diseminate his teachings with more credibility (it being a time of much superstitious belief).

I would also think it became very convenient to continue with the charade once they became a legitimate church in the eyes of Rome, in order to maintain their power base indefinitely.

The Vatican after all, possess the vast majority of early christian works - many of which have yet to see the light of day - so I imagine they would know what they're talking about.

J.

Eh? Catholics disseminating the Jesus was MERELY man Hoo-boy you need to look into the credo by which every catholic recites their faith as Jesus IS divine AND human.

But it's all a matter of Faith, eh?

[edit on 1-2-2008 by jimbo999]

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join