It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Identified

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Hey, thanks for your nice reply, heliosprime!

We may continue to disagree on some of the finer details but that's OK in my book.

Not all Catholics pray to or ask intersession by the saints....of which I am one of those. Nor do I need a priest to give me absolution. I guess you could belabour the point as to why I define myself as Catholic but I don't really wanna go there....K?

At my age it's all about Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and His message. Period! Anything more or less is a distractor to His message.

My roots are Baptist by the way.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

Thanks, didn't know such things were possible. Are you drawn to the "ritual"? The formality?

Answer if you can or wish to. I have never heard of "almost" catholic. Except the church of england, methodist, etc, etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Interesting questions, helios. How do I answer without sounding cliche'?

Well, I'm 55 years young and have been around the proverbial religion block so many times that I became disoriented beyond recollection.

In short, I've jumped-off the track! I no longer run the rails that carry the freight-loads of unwitting souls into confusion because of preconcieved (self-concieved) notions of that which Our Lord expects from His people/Bride-church.

I've travelled the world (physically/literally) seeking answers. Trying to glean the best from Buddhism, Sufism, Zen, etc., etc. and so forth. Not meaning to impress anyone here just trying to emphasive my truthful quest for God....What He wants/ expects, etc.

What I found is this: truth is to be found in our own backyard.

God, thru His Holy Spirit.....the Paraclete, is speaking...always speaking but we have to listen because it never shouts not demands to be heard. Resist to your own peril. Nothing more.

Helios, I'm glad to have shared this with you! Thanks for asking just a little bit here.

Oh, my fine young man, just another lil FYI, if you'll bear with me. I'm not ALMOST anything---ie: catholic, Baptist, etc. I AM a child of God's. Pure and simple b/c Jesus Christ called me and I accepted. That's the meat and potatoes of everything we (Christian believers) ever hope to have.

"Almost Persuaded" is an old Baptist hymn that I was recalling when I first rear your post, helios. I thank God for my firm foundation in Scripture!

You keep up the good work young man. But PLEASE remember not to be too harsh on people that are weaker. Give them the message the Lord moves you to give.....in the SPIRIT OF LOVE because OF LOVE!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

Remember the Seventh day and to keep it Holy. That is Gods commandment. This is the day God rested. It should have never been changed to Sunday.

What does the 7th day fall on?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

The end is near and GOD's elect are being called. The time to stand tall is soon. It's gonna get bad............but fear not he who can kill your body, but he who can kill your soul..................

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Hi,
Sorry I didn't answer right away........My internet was cut off for a few days!

Well,
I'm Greek Orthodox and the Orthodox do not have 'Papal prophecies' because we do not have a Pope.
What I can tell you, is that the Roman Catholic church is in Prophecy of later days of which many of them are being fulfilled in our time...it will involve the Pope.
I really cannot comment on St Malacy prophecy, because I don't know much about his life and his prophecies.
The time of the Antichrist will be a time when the people will fall into despair and look for a Saviour....this will bring the Antichrist into the World scene(according to prophecy)..This will happen when small outbreaks of wars will break out amongst countries in Europe,there will be a World war 111 which will involve Russia,The cause will be ''a small crisis'' in the 'Balkans'(in the news now!)

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

In many ways you are on the right path hear, BUT, too many are aiting for the big moment on CNN, FOX, SKY, etc when they can point there finger and say "it's happening". The problem is, satan is very subtle. The old story about boiling frogs come to mind. If you turn the heat on too fast the frog jumps out of the pot, but bring on the fire slowly, he dosn't understand he is being cooked until too late.

The beast is marking his followers, slowly, surely. Then when he is ready, he will spring forth with an instant army to overcome the faithful in Christ.

We are so very near that time. Already muslim riot when "godless" christians print cartoons, or name a stuffed toy muhammad, they call for the death of non-believers. To the muslims the evil of this time is ALL non-muslims. They must convert or kill all nonbelievers.

The "sect" that believes in the 12th imam are worse. They believe they must bring on arrmageddon to bring their messiah (the 12er) back.

They may be a peace pact between the pope and this 12th imam. Both I feel already have the mark of the beast on them.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I'm not going to get into a huge fight over this. But watch this, it's an extension of your argument..

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't know if somebody pointed this out yet but Saturday is called Shabbat on the Hebrew calendar which contains the same letters as sabbath, it is also the seventh day.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
I don't know if somebody pointed this out yet but Saturday is called Shabbat on the Hebrew calendar which contains the same letters as sabbath, it is also the seventh day.

You are soooo "right" but don't forget the holy days........hint easter and christmas aren't among them......

There is a bigger coming on the 18th of April.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

hello there,

whilst i don't agree with the mark of the beast being the Sunday worship
as you can have a false worship on a Saturday, worshiping an idol on that day would be false. I do believe the Sabbath is Fri sundown to Sat sundown.

some references

Baptist: "There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not Sunday. ... It will be said, however, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week. ... Where can the record of such a transaction be found? Not in the New Testament--absolutely not. There is no scriptural evidence of the change of the Sabbath institution from the seventh to the first day of the week." --Dr. Edward T. Hiscox, author of The Baptist Manual, in a paper read before a New York ministers' conference held Nov. 13, 1893.

Catholic: "You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we [Catholics] never sanctify." --James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers, 16th edition, 1880, p. 111.

Church of Christ: "Finally, we have the testimony of Christ on this subject. In Mark 2:27, he says: 'The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.' From this passage it is evident that the Sabbath was made not merely for the Israelites, as Paley and Hengstenberg would have us believe, but for man ... that is, for the race. Hence we conclude that the Sabbath was sanctified from the beginning, and that it was given to Adam, even in Eden, as one of those primeval institutions that God ordained for the happiness of all men." --Robert Milligan, Scheme of Redemption, (St. Louis, The Bethany Press, 1962), p. 165.

Congregationalist: "The Christian Sabbath [Sunday] is not in the Scriptures, and was not by the primitive church called the Sabbath." --Dwight's Theology, Vol. 4, p. 401.

Episcopal: "Sunday (Dies Solis, of the Roman calendar, 'day of the sun', because dedicated to the sun), the first day of the week, was adopted by the early Christians as a day of worship. ... No regulations for its observance are laid down in the New Testament, nor, indeed, is its observance even enjoined." --"Sunday," A Religious Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, (New York, Funk and Wagnalls, 1883) p. 2259.

Lutheran: "The observance of the Lord's day [Sunday] is founded not on any command of God, but on the authority of the church." --Augsburg Confession of Faith, quoted in Catholic Sabbath Manual, Part 2, Chapter 1, Section 10.

Methodist: "Take the matter of Sunday. There are indications in the New Testament as to how the church came to keep the first day of the week as its day of worship, but there is no passage telling Christians to keep that day, or to transfer the Jewish Sabbath to that day." --Harris Franklin Rall, Christian Advocate, July 2, 1942.

Moody Bible Institute: "The Sabbath was binding in Eden, and it has been in force ever since. This fourth commandment begins with the word 'remember,' showing that the Sabbath already existed when God wrote the law on the tables of stone at Sinai. How can men claim that this one commandment has been done away with when they will admit that the other nine are still binding?" --D. L. Moody, Weighed and Wanting, p. 47.

Presbyterian: "Until, therefore, it can be shown that the whole moral law has been repealed, the Sabbath will stand. ... The teaching of Christ confirms the perpetuity of the Sabbath." --T. C. Blake, D.D., Theology Condensed, pp. 474, 475.

cont...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Pentecostal: "'Why do we worship on Sunday? Doesn't the Bible teach us that Saturday should be the Lord's Day?' ... Apparently we will have to seek the answer from some other source than the New Testament." --David A. Womack, "Is Sunday the Lord's Day?" The Pentecostal Evangel, Aug. 9, 1959, No. 2361, p. 3.

Encyclopedia: "Sunday was a name given by the heathen to the first day of the week, because it was the day on which they worshiped the sun, ... the seventh day was blessed and hallowed by God Himself, and ... He requires His creatures to keep it holy to Him. This commandment is of universal and perpetual obligation."
--Eadie's Biblical Cyclopedia, 1872 ed., p. 561.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Thanks for the list, they all seem to have the same intent.............deny what Jesus said in matt 5:17...............

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Perhaps maybe the prevention of commerce wont be due to a mark, but yet a technology that people have relied upon. We all have numbers in our head that links us to our finances, be it an account number, a pin number, or your signature that feeds your consumer purchases. What would happen to those who rely on digital money if everything were to fail. Paper money becomes worthless. Those who give up true values are left with nothing. Bill Gates billions suddenly disappear because suddenly all he has is his name, while social security #s, records of existance, all fall to ashes in some unspeakable technological disaster....

(DOOMSDAY!)

Just a random shot in the dark, but hey, anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well that would be Social Security Numbers of course, which I am okay with until they try to force me to wear it in my arm.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

After the next terror attack the really big one, while waiting in the food line, the homeland security agent will ask for name and various other questions, then to "sort out" islamic terrorist the last question will be "religion"...............all that data will be encripted into YOUR personal food bank data...............(maybe)............

Remember, the "mark" is the number of "HIS" name, not yours.......

[edit on 16-4-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I concur, although all social security numbers and bar codes are the same in a sense. They already asked me all these questions many times before, in my en devours with the law. To which I reply "No Religion" It's funny though, my social security card says "This number has been established for" (me) Wonder what they are establishing it for?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Also understand, my reading of Rev. seems not to indicate a "willing?" acceptance of the mark, an unaware acceptance?. A formal "I accept" kinda thing, or a covert "got-ya" mark? All based on "live or die"......

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, I believe in the Sabbath (Saturday). That is how God constructed it in the first place, isn't it? So, as far as the Antichrist or whoever forcing the entire world in worshiping a false day of worship (Sunday, or any other day) would be changing God's law....who are we to change God's law? Man? Who is man??? "it is the number of his name, the number of man, 666". If God wanted to, he could snap his fingers and we'd all be back to the dust from which we all came.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beach2197

Well that is of course unless you rebel against god, that is unless you follow occult teachings that systematically try to remove God.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join