It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a 'Scientologist', there is something you should all know...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

speaking of Anon....

I dunno if this link has been posted before, yes its a YTMND but it brings up a few shocking things...

(yes YTMD has some pretty unsavory things to it but I saw this one and was shocked.)

theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com...

It takes a bit to load, but wowza.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahuman
I agree that Scientology has become more popular because of the things mentioned in this forum-thread. I don't see how their recent media-coverage is a wonderful thing for them.

Powerful organizations with an agenda are going to use something like 'reverse psychology' to achieve their popularity goals. They already know that people are somewhat smart enough to figure out that if celebrities are promoting the greatness of an organization, there must be some 'catch'. So by leaking unfavorable information, others will come forward to defend the organization and this can result in the masses rooting for the 'underdog' organization and suddenly the organization has its following.

Personally, I don't trust anything I see in the mainstream media. Anything that is reported from them... I examine it and try to figure out what they're spinning and who is benefitting from it.

The only 'products' I believe in are those that are not talked about by the msm. Anything else has some 'agenda' behind it and I want no part of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
reply to post by evanmontegarde

speaking of Anon....

I dunno if this link has been posted before, yes its a YTMND but it brings up a few shocking things...

(yes YTMD has some pretty unsavory things to it but I saw this one and was shocked.)

theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com...

It takes a bit to load, but wowza.

Yeah, I've seen that before and it was, well, unfunny.

That YTMND, along with this Wiki article:

en.wikipedia.org...

Convinced me that Scientology was just plain bad news.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Most of what the media releases on Scientogy is nothing more than disinformation and hit pieces. How you come to the conclusion that the media is somehow is cahoots with scientology is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

this anonymous group is just a bunch of kidiots from a dumb forum where they flame eachother and post photoshoped pictures which they think are funny. they also spam dumb phrases until they think theyre funny.

every now and then, this large group of teenagers, most of which like anime and hentai, decide as a whole that they dont like a certain group or person. a fine example of this would be Hal Tuner, if anyone heard about how he was beefing with anonymous. they also like to raid the habbo hotel on 9/11, and do other ridiculous things, like dressing up in a suit, putting on an afro, and declaring "POOLS CLOSED DUE TO AIDS IN THE POOL".

i seriously doubt that the media attention was made by the scientologists themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Sounds very plausible to me.

Despite all the excitement and support for Anonymous, I think people forget to question a couple things.

1.) A conglomerate of hackers bringing down major corporations is one of the BEST ways to turn the internet into a 'terrorist warzone' for the government to patrol at will, someday, most likely, turning it into just another control zone for the NWO.

Ok, first, the government already does patrol the Internet at will.
AT&T Was allowed to start gobbling up companies again becaused it installed "Internet Taps for the NSA" in San Francisco

2.) The free publicity for Scientology is already out of control with the media (not a coincidence, people honestly don't care about Tom Cruise that much). Once the internet is all about 'taking down Scientology', a large portion of people are going to want to be on the other side of the battle (monkey vs. monkey syndrome). They will begin taking seriously the idea that Scientology is the new Christianity etc.

I don't think you understand the world from a perspective that lay beyond your horizon of reality. I work with a ton of people who have no idea this is even going on, and thats in a software development shop.

Also, I originally lived in a farm community of people, who don't even know what scientology is. It's not that they live under rocks, it's just that they don't pay that much attention to tv, its all background noise to them while they unwind at night from a hard day in the fields, or are pulling tabs at the local American Legion and drinking beer.

This is not a "big thing" for the majority of people. It is hardly even a "thing" of any kind for the vast majority of the US. Remember, it won't be until next year that populations of the cities will begin to grow beyond the population in the rural areas, where this kinda stuff is meaningless.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misguided Russian
reply to post by Im a Marty

this anonymous group is just a bunch of kidiots from a dumb forum where they flame eachother and post photoshoped pictures which they think are funny. they also spam dumb phrases until they think theyre funny.

Puhlease... I thought posters here were supposed to be aware of such things....

Edit to add:

Please refrain from excessive quoting and posting one line responses. We want YOUR well thought and constructive opinions to comlpiment outside sources.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Most of what the media releases on Scientogy is nothing more than disinformation and hit pieces. How you come to the conclusion that the media is somehow is cahoots with scientology is beyond me.

Then I suppose you need to educate yourself on who IS in control of the media and the ugly tangled web of deceit that is kept hidden from the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

im sure that you just dont know who these so called ANONYMOUS are. let me show you:

/2cd4yj
/yozk6e
/yvsave

theyre just plain goofy if you ask me. sure, some of them can hack, and some of them have problems so they step up their madness and take it to the real world, but otherwise, theyre just plain silly.

anonymous likes to hang out on this website, and a lot of them probably have their own websites/groups and whatnot. anonymous was beefing with hal tuner not long ago, which resulted in a large amount of drama.

here is a wikipedia article about how anonymous got attention some time ago, im sure that if you looked hard enough you could find the actual fox report on them.
en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT: this image links the goofy website that i showed to the whole scientology attack a little better /ys3ppy

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Misguided Russian]

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Misguided Russian]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In short can anyone tell me the difference between Christian science and Scientology? What is the difference, they both deny help from Hospital treatments at some point.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
How many people here know about L. Ron Hubbard connection with Jack Parsons, Aleister Crowley, and the O.T.O.?? Hubbard and Parsons along with some chick performed the "Babalon Working" out in the desert and supposedly it was a success and "something" came through. (Some people claim she was impregnated with the anti christ) Parsons and Hubbard later had a falling out, and Hubbard went on to found Scientology.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Viszet Oki]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viszet Oki
How many people here know about L. Ron Hubbard connection with Jack Parsons, Aleister Crowley, and the O.T.O.?? Hubbard and Parsons along with some chick performed the "Babalon Working" out in the desert and supposedly it was a success and "something" came through. (Some people claim she was impregnated with the anti christ) Parsons and Hubbard later had a falling out, and Hubbard went on to found Scientology.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Viszet Oki]

Yeah I read about that too, apparently the 'child' (which was called a Golem) was placed in the first Atomic bomb that was detonated. It was part of a global ritual.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
hubbard was involved in all kinds of wierd crap, and much of what he has claimed scientology can do is just plain ludicrous. he called crowley "a good friend", then said he was just trying to infiltrate him for the gov't. he was thoroughly in with parsons and the OTO, and has a record of doing some seriously horrible things to people in his organization- including children. children were supposed to be treated as adults. this means adult sized punishment. more like torture. children were locked in the anchor holds of ships and forced to scrape the rust off the walls day and night. all this was in a book written by l. ron jr. called messiah or madman. his other son killed himself. some insanity cure. scientologist have what is called "fair play" rules when dealing with their enemies(anyone who wants to leave). this means that they can basically do anything they want to ruin the person. look it up. it's all there.

for the record anon stated that the docs were leaked in their statement.

sorry about the disjointednature of this post- i'm at work.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Sorry for being off topic here but...

Wow this news about NarcAnnon is very new to me. I am very familiar with the AA program and assumed always that NarcAnnon was a derivative of that program. What this has to do with Scientology I have no idea. I tried to look up more information on the founding of both programs and cannot find much. Can anyone verify that this is correct?

**Cybertoy might want to check out this link. I just asked my father about it, he has been in the AA program for over 20 years. He says the founders were Washingtonians, but that does not correlate with the wiki entry necessarily. He then said it was similar to Scientology but that it was founded from many different religions.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-1-2008 by sputniksteve]

[edit on 28-1-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wow you guys really do your homework . This gives me stuff to dig through for the next few months

Happy me

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
An interesting thread.

I’m an ex-Scientologist. I was a member of the Sea Organisation, i.e. a 24/7 member of the Church. I worked at the Flag Service Organisation in Clearwater FL from Jan 1988 to Mar 1991. I left because I wasn’t cut out for what is a very tough life.

I’ve met and known dozens of OT IIIs, IVs, Vs Vis, VIIs and VIIIs. I’m not an OT myself and my understanding of the material of the OT levels is based on my own guesswork and inference (I was married to an OT IV for nearly 20 years). I’ve seen numerous comments on the Xenu story although I’ve never read the OT III materials myself.

What I have trouble reconciling is the ridicule and scorn poured on the story in the material that was leaked and the enthusiasm and happiness reported to me by people who had audited themselves on the level. In case it’s not clear to anyone, ‘doing’ OT III involves Scientology processing not just reading. I’m not sure exactly what part the story of Xenu et al plays in the processing. However, people who completed OT III were, without exception, what we called ‘blown out’.

It’s interesting for me to compare the general mistrust of the mass media seen on ATS and the attitude of Scientology to PR, media, etc.. Scientology is certainly aware of the value of PR and there is a whole branch of Scientology technology dedicated to it. The Church also has an antipathy towards the Illuminati, intelligence agencies and certain politicians, past and present. I’m sure the CoS has been subject to dirty tricks and I wouldn’t be surprised if it gives as good as it gets.

In my opinion, the CoS has a brutally realistic outlook on the world as it is, rather than as it appears. There are so many stories about Scientology and L Ron Hubbard I can’t comment on because I only heard about them from the sources that tend to be cited on the Internet. As I said, I saw a lot of successes for money-paying public and some for staff. Myself, I wasn’t cut out for the hours.

I can confirm, though, that the Fair Game policy was cancelled in the early 1980s.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
In my opinion Scientology has only gotten so much media coverage lately because the public seems so interested in it. They would have had a story on scientology (spawning from a random event, perhaps when Tom Cruise went crazy on Oprah) and it would have gotten good ratings, so they put on another story, again, good ratings.

They'll rape this scientology issue until no one is interested in it anymore and we'll move on to the next big scandal that will bring in ratings.

It also doesn't hurt that so many celebrities are "scientologists". Everyone loves a bit of celebrity gossip every now and then and tying it all in with scientology just fuels the fire.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Toy_soldier]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

This anonymous group, I'm believing that its a Scientology setup,

I can vouch for the ~270 anons that showed up in vancouver yesterday.
I can vouch for myself.
This is not a setup, we are taking them down. It will take time, effort, and organisation.

Hopefully it will be done soon, if not we can always hope for the 5th of November. For the lulz.

Anonymous has been around for years. Learn2Internet.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I wrote to a person in the conspiracy field - Illuminati information etc... and this is what was said about the Scientology Protests.

The more coverage an issue gets, the more it grows. Look at cancer, drug and child abuse, etc. Lots of campaigns against them, yet has the growth of any of these categories slowed down? Of course not! Same with scientology or anything highlighted in the media which is largely controlled by the same people who control everything else

It seems to me, that the 'energy' focused on 'anti-scientology', is the same energy for 'pro-scientology' if you were to believe in the documentary The Secret'. Anon - congratulations for making Scientology a greater threat and giving them the power to grow exponentially!

(Friend of mine also said that the basis of "The Secret" was Scientology Tech)

Thx

[edit on 11/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I know someone who was in sea org for 10 years very well as I do many Scientologists. I have spent a number of months talking to the person in the sea org when they got out. I had already studied the stuff on the net and they had not. From my impression of all scientologists’ they are not allowed to generally look over the net.

The stories this person told me, while still holding onto the virtues of scientology were exactly like all the horror stories, including false imprisonment, brainwashing, working ridiculous hours, everything hidden behind a PR facade etc...

Looking on the net it is hard to find ex-scientologists that have a good word on scientology. There is little lower in scientology than someone who leaves the sea org. Scientology is unlike any religion. In fact it's not a religion. It doesn't define as one. It's a dangerous cult. But let us say it is a religion so we can keep from arguing an endless point because in the USA I could start up a religion of toe nail clippings and it would be accepted as one.

I find it interesting that Belgium is seeking to ban it, France determines it as a dangerous cult and Germany as "destructive to the democratic process" along with Spain, Greece etc...

L R Hubbard was a wanted fugitive when he died. He was wanted by US, French, English and who knows how many more governments well before his death.

Along with his dealings with Parsons and the Moonchild fiasco, Scientology does appear sinister on many fronts.

It is my understanding that it is a unique cult and not to be confused by the treatment of Mormons earlier this century. Indeed anyone following news articles would see this is what the scientology publicity machine has been putting out since earlier last month. If anything Scientology can be compared to four other religious movements. 1. Jonestown 2.Heaven's Gate, 3. Aum and 4.Children of God.

These cults practice(d), under the guise of religion, the destruction of human liberty in order to gain power for their leaders.

Like these cults, the front group PR mentality of "we are here to save the world" (think Jim Jones) behind the destructive practices of enslavement both mentally and physically. In fact most Scientology practices are done on the mind of the adherents, and are regarded as the most sophisticated and dangerous by cult experts.

Cult members are encouraged to break off from society, watching media including internet, books or anything that can inform them outside of the words of their exhausted leader L R Hubbard who's very name is brainwashed into cult members as "source".

The group is complicated with many different areas including missions, public, celebrity, Sea Org and Upper Management (Up lines) and lying is encouraged in each area for "the greatest good". Non Scientologists are known as wogs and it's ok to lie to them for their own good. For scientologists the only true path to freedom is "the Bridge" which is made up of Hubbard TECH. The agenda of Scientology is to "clear" the planet, that is, make everyone at least a scientology clear. By that stage your mind really is clear.

OT !!! is basically the wall of fire where you jump into a sea of larva to realize you are immortal (all using imagery of course) You learn how humans were implanted with enegrams from an alien race billions of years ago and it is scientology’s goal to "clear" these enegrams. Personally I think it is clearing your human experience through past regressions (by not having any emotion (charge) towards them, so you become more like a robot, to do the will of the upper management.

At the end of the day any scientologist will do whatever they are told by "up lines" regardless of anything and if needed the contradicting words of Hubbard can be ripped from somewhere to prove the point. Recruitment will take anywhere and can be incredibly seducing and almost transparent.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by helatrobus]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join