It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a 'Scientologist', there is something you should all know...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Dont forget to practice your TR's.

Dont be glib

Always be in your present mind, dont let the past or future affect you

Always be in control

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If anything there is an attack on Scientology making Tom Cruise the smear monkey. The issues about Cruise and Scientology aren't even newsworthy. I have wondered about the agenda behind the reports.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Working in the Church, in the past, myself, I like to chime in now and then. I do think of them as my friends. I am not speaking as their representative, I speak for myself from what I've learned.

Narconon was mentioned. This is a perfect example of the success of Scientology technology. I believe they have an unparallelled success rate with helping drug addicts recover, and stay clean. Psychiatric institutions are pure garbage compared to Narconon. And this is only one small part of what Scientology is capable of. This says a lot about the power of the technology.

The IQ test only helps you to find out "where you are." So, you know where you need to be headed to help handle your life situation and improve it.

As far as money, lets be real. No organization can operate without money. You wouldn't survive in this material world otherwise. You guys like too eat too don't you?

No, the ultimate goal is certainly "not" to make money. Their ultimate goal is exactly what they say it is.

If you are sincerely looking for the facts about Scientology, then one option is to go to your local book store or library and pick up a real Scientology book. The investment for one of these books is minimal. Or you can stop by Scientology.org.

That's it for now. Peace.

Troy

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

I would like to know what it costs to be a member of this group. Is it based on a percentage of a persons income? What if a person cannot afford it? Do they have to drop out for that reason, like the OP mentioned?

Yes, everyone needs to eat. Most church organizations contribute to charitable causes that would benefit even non members. How does the Church of Scientology contribute to charitable causes? Do they benefit people that are non members in any way? How do they benefit communities where their church locations are?

I mentioned earlier that there seems to have been some sensational Scientology related suicides in the past. What is your take on situations like that?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I went to Narconon and I can tell you that my success in beating my addiction had nothing to do with that program. What helped me was the fact that everything was out on the table, I could not hide from my issues anymore. I had to make drastic changes in my life that had nothing to do with the program. They throw you right back out there with no residual support, unless you stay there to be a councelor.

Narconon is not a Scientolgy recruitment, I am not sure if anyone said that, but I will make that clear. They do not promote it while there either, so that is another thing I would like to point out.

Beating a drug addiction depends on the person no matter which route you take. INHO their results are NOT accurate.

Narconon is also extremely expensive

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

A CoS apologist if I ever seen one...

maybe you will get a discount on the 100 grand they are gonna charge you to become an OTIII good work!!! on fighting us SP's

[edit on 26-1-2008 by wrathchild]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
These attacks on Scientology remind me of what happened to the Mormons.

What is different - what you don't understand - ATTACK!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That was out of left field....what are you talking about? There are attacks on all religions. It seems as if you are mormon and you have been a victim of people attacking your beliefs. I dont understand Quantum Physics but I am not going to attack it..... You cant generalize

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210b

People have dreams. Scientology makes use of peoples dreams and desires in every way possible. Might and money and people that fall for this and give their money. That's what makes Scientology dangerous. It's like a cancer in society amplifying insanity and poverty and mabye even contribute to wars.

Not being a religious person, and looking at that statement, I would say that you could substitute the word 'Scientology' with pretty much any religion you can think of (mainstream or otherwise), and it would still be valid. In other words most religions take that approach, mostly cause they are run by men for men... and human nature being what it is

What I do find interesting is that for some reason I can't fathom Scientology is been singled out, when they are all as bad as each other!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
These attacks on Scientology remind me of what happened to the Mormons.

What is different - what you don't understand - ATTACK!

Well thats because the Mormons and Scientologists are both nutty as a fruitcake. ...and before you say I dont know what Im talking about, I lived in Utah for the past 5 years. I just recently moved to Florida and it is amazing how different the "real world" is. I can imagine that Scientology is treated much like the Mormons, due to the fact that they are both crazy cults. Nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise....I have witnessed too much first hand.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I read an interveiw with Will Smith; i can quote(closely paraphrase),that, on my honor, he said;(CloselyParaphrased);* I have no problem with by what Name one calls GOD, or if they call their spirit,a soul, or a thetan. I am not however joining the Church of Scientology, as my Babtist GrandMother would Roll
over in her grave.

I red it on an interveiw last week, I read alot, so i can only hope either someone else reading this, also saw that peice, or you will simply believe me.
I'm no great fan of either Will, and less of Tom, and from my personal research, and as for me personally;
I will say I feel sad for those who feel the need for such a life-religion.
Any religion that takes away,or judges ANY of what I feel is MY God-given, Or, Divine right, to personal freedom+liberty(as long as MY choices harm No-One), THESE Type of "Organized *Religions are not for Me!
Many, I think who are just "too Free-Thinking", to allow any "Organized Anything",(religion, or political belief) to tell folks like me, HOW+WHAT, is OK to think, or do.
I thought that was called 'programming, or mind-control', "Brainwashing", to
give your freedom of the personal choices involved in a TRULY FREE individual's "Pursuit, of life, liberty, and happiness"...to ANY Group that tells one what they must believe.
That being said; We must as a Free society, give those who wish to "follow the programming of Others or be Brainwashed",to be allowed, to "Go for it",(If that makes that individual Happy),that is, If we TRULY lived in a Free-Thinking, Empathetic, Open-Minded Nation. One that TRULY Holds Divine, The Rights+choices towards any individual's "Pursuit of life,liberty, and happiness".
but, in short, I do think these are "Dianetics-Pathetics"!but...only if they 'have Freedom,do We'!cheers, Shelly

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm not going to attack any religion.
As long as you feel you are truly at peace, good for you.
I've said this before, but I think if you take the church out of it, and only take the teachings from christ, buddha, etc... its all about peace and love, treating your fellow man equally.
Theres more people in "heaven" than people think... whatever "heaven" is...
this is all my opinion of course, and everyone has the right to have a different one if they so like.
But putting up a barrier by assigning religion a name is what separates us.
It is why man will never truly succeed... on the macro scale of things.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Honestly I think scientology is going to end up becoming a big thing, but why are people going crazy over it, I tryed to research it, but what i found did not interest me at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
All of you heathens will parish in a volcano of doom when Xenu returns on his Douglas DC-8.

The evidence I've seen shows that Ron Hubbard took a bunch of drugs in seclusion and then wrote all of OT III while tripping out.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Trauma]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks for your firsthand account . Tis scary the control these people posses.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Back in the early 70's my girlfriends mother was the head of church of Scientology,she was very wealthy always bought new caddy every year and lived in Malibu,even then she thought her grandma was weird

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Whoops I meant her grandmother

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

I would like to know what it costs to be a member of this group. Is it based on a percentage of a persons income? What if a person cannot afford it? Do they have to drop out for that reason, like the OP mentioned?

Yes, everyone needs to eat. Most church organizations contribute to charitable causes that would benefit even non members. How does the Church of Scientology contribute to charitable causes? Do they benefit people that are non members in any way? How do they benefit communities where their church locations are?

I mentioned earlier that there seems to have been some sensational Scientology related suicides in the past. What is your take on situations like that?

I would like to reiterate Enthralled Fan's questions as posted above. These are good questions - what does it cost and how is that cost derived for each person?

Rumors abounded that the Church of Scientology was affiliated with the Red Cross and that was how they reached other charitable organizations. Does anyone know if there is any truth in that?

Many years ago I heard a story, no doubt it's been around on the internet, that the creation of scientology came about from a bet between Hubbard and a college pal. Hubbard said the best way to make money was to create a religion. The mate didn't think Hubbard could do it and the bet was on. Looks like Hubbard won that bet.

Here's a link that has some info but still vague to me www.don-lindsay-archive.org...

If anyone has any info I'd love to hear it.

A friend of mine's sister was a member of CoS a while back...in the 80's to early 90's and was friends with Mimi Rogers and Tom Cruise (Mimi is the one who introduced CoS to Tom) and they all hung out together but when this friend's sister left the church Mimi and Tom parted company with her and her husband. Later, I was told it was all about the courtship..when they're trying to get you to join they'll do anything and don't ask for much in return but once you're in and then you leave you lose any and all friends you had within the church. Very bizarre.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I agree that Scientology has become more popular because of the things mentioned in this forum-thread. I don't see how their recent media-coverage is a wonderful thing for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This anonymous group, I'm believing that its a Scientology setup, I mean, documents that have been 'leaked' are not supposed to be in ebook format, all their stuff is hard copy. I would bet its a way to get some 'interest' in their beliefs - a lot of you started reading the material right??

Oh geez, Anonymous would laugh their asses off if they heard that

Anonymous has existed long before the "war" with Scientology, and will exist long after - Just do some quick googling if you want to see the real "face" of Anon...It'll probably be a bit of a let down.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join