It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bob Lazar be who he says he is?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't know either way if he's real or a fraud, but sighting no one remembers graduating with him doesn't prove anything either. I'm sure no one would remember me very well if at all at my colleges either. So does that mean I never went too?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
I don't know either way if he's real or a fraud, but sighting no one remembers graduating with him doesn't prove anything either. I'm sure no one would remember me very well if at all at my colleges either. So does that mean I never went too?

Your colleges would have records of your attendance and graduation. And surely your old roommates would remember you, at least?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

Your colleges would have records of your attendance and graduation. And surely your old roommates would remember you, at least?

If you worked on a Top Secret project your records of attendance and graduation would be destoryed. Straight away. As for friends and old roommates, you would expect them to remember you, unless something has happened to them..

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think somewhere within Lazar's story there is truth. He knew way too much about anti-gravity propulsion to make his original documentary Excerpt of the government bible. You dont just make this stuff up, sorry.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There are so many urban legends involving Bob Lazar that I hate to add any new ones, but here goes some more hearsay….

A few years ago I had a job where I worked with a guy who had a degree from MIT. He swears knew Bob Lazar while going to that college. He claims he use to drink coffee with Lazar in the afternoons, at some on-campus cafeteria.

As you probably know, there are no records Lazar ever went to MIT. This is often held up as proof that Lazar is lying. Yet, this guy says he was there!

He also revealed two other facts about Bob Lazar that have always stuck with me. According to this source:

#1. Bob Lazar was a complete idiot in math. But he had some savant like capability to solve complex differential equations by “inspection”. That is, Lazar could look at an equation and provide the correct solution without being able to explain how he arrived at that solution.

#2. Bob Lazar, who looks like a total nerd, had some magical ability with women. Women fawned all over him, and Lazar had a string of hot and seductive looking girl friends. He was one of those people who had the ability to pick up beautiful women. That seems strange!

So there you go.

I don’t know if I trust my source – he was a pretty odd guy himself. I never kept in touch with him after I left that job. But it might be true.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
He can't come up with a single MIT graduate who remembers him being a student there. He could only recall the name of 1-2 professors, none of whom taught there. In an interview, he wasn't sure what year he graduated. LOL

The excuse his educational record got "erased" is weak.

Absolutely. When you are in graduate school and get your PhD in physics, it's quite unavoidable that your studies result in published papers (otherwise you probably won't graduate at all as your output is simply not there). I know of no exceptions to this observation of mine.

It is impossible to sequester hardcopies of all papers, and is hard to imagine that somebody actuall following this up with a thorough database cleansing on multiple sites. If your knowledge of how things work are based on movies like "Live free or die hard", "Eraser" etc, then anything's possible, but that's a fantasy world.

Graduate students are not confined to solitary cells while in school. They go to classes (and Lazar's professor reference is incorrect), they teach practice sessions and grade homeworks, they interact with the office in the Department, which is plain unavoidable.

It's funny though that in Lazar's theory of his life, the govt was hellbent on erasing his attendance and degree from the records, but they didn't confiscate the precious and ultra-secret piece of element 115 from him which he didn't care to protect at all (because two were already stolen, according to him). And they didn't erase him, which in fact is quite a lot easier than erasing his records.

In my opinion Lazar is 100% fraud.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by Buck Division

#1. Bob Lazar was a complete idiot in math. But he had some savant like capability to solve complex differential equations by “inspection”. That is, Lazar could look at an equation and provide the correct solution without being able to explain how he arrived at that solution.

Not true. I have watched him work very complex equations that had to do with a GPS course I was taking and explain to me, every step of the way what he was doing.

#2. Bob Lazar, who looks like a total nerd, had some magical ability with women. Women fawned all over him, and Lazar had a string of hot and seductive looking girl friends. He was one of those people who had the ability to pick up beautiful women. That seems strange!

This is not exactly true. The women he liked were slutty little blondes that nobody else thought were attractive. He was hot for this particular girl on a TV series. He eventually found someone who knew her and arranged an introduction. It wasn't long before his dream came true. The full version of this story is hilarious but I am sworn to secrecy.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hi John

First, some people on this thread who appear not to be familiar with your (I think you would agree rather unorthodox) views, might appreciate some clarification/explanation/evidence to back up your pronouncements on the ubiquity of advanced human life in our solar system:

Originally posted by johnlear

All planets in our solar system are inhabited by beings like ourselves. But they are much more advanced both socially and technologically

Second, your statement:

Earth is kept in a war-like state by the military-industrial/NAZA/DoD complex who feel that aliens (the grays) are a threat. They are prepared to either eliminate the aliens (the grays) or eliminate us to deny the aliens (the grays) Earth.

And the MI/NAZA/DoD have a weapon that can do that very easily.

Do you contend that the Grays in fact present no threat to us? If so, I do not agree with you. I speak from extensive personal experience, being a lifetime serial abductee since 1961, and the experiences of my mother before me since her first abduction in 1939 (like me, started at age 5) taught me not to trust them. They lie, deceive, use humans for their own purposes with no consent nor mutual respect, and are up to no good.

They not only don't care about us, but if their agenda succeeds there will be no independent future for us. They of course serve their own masters, acting under orders with no real choice.

Regardless of the paranoia/megalomania/warmongering ignorance of what is usually referred to as the secret government, military-industrial complex or whatever, we have plenty to fear from the Grays. Their program has been relentlessly pursued throughout the C20 and possibly for longer, and is in its final phase.

They might have been successfully resisted up to 20 or 30 years ago. As you know, they take every possible measure to ensure continued secrecy to prevent them being discovered or stopped. I don't see any human agency able to stop it now. It might be too late.

Certainly 'eliminating' the Grays is way beyond any current human possibility, without assistance - though denying them the Earth might not be, if the problem were really understood and tackled by those who might make a difference.

Personally, I am not optimistic about this. But I would welcome your take on it.

Thanks for the post, as you'd say.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

No roommates as I didn't go away to school, and the college had better have a record that's for damn sure. At one of the schools I went to, I'm pretty sure absolutely no one would remember me at all. I'm curious though, will a school actually tell you if someone is a student there? Seems like that would be a violation of privacy a bit, not mention kind of dangerous....

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by bovarcher

Hi John

First, some people on this thread who appear not to be familiar with your (I think you would agree rather unorthodox) views, might appreciate some clarification/explanation/evidence to back up your pronouncements on the ubiquity of advanced human life in our solar system:

No problem. What kind of clarification/explanation/evidence would you like?

Do you contend that the Grays in fact present no threat to us? If so, I do not agree with you. I speak from extensive personal experience, being a lifetime serial abductee since 1961, and the experiences of my mother before me since her first abduction in 1939 (like me, started at age 5) taught me not to trust them. They lie, deceive, use humans for their own purposes with no consent nor mutual respect, and are up to no good.

I disagree.

They might have been successfully resisted up to 20 or 30 years ago. As you know, they take every possible measure to ensure continued secrecy to prevent them being discovered or stopped. I don't see any human agency able to stop it now. It might be too late.

Certainly 'eliminating' the Grays is way beyond any current human possibility, without assistance - though denying them the Earth might not be, if the problem were really understood and tackled by those who might make a difference.

Personally, I am not optimistic about this. But I would welcome your take on it.

The MI/NAZA/DoD has secretly put up about 10 major DEW platforms in orbit over the past 30 years. There may be more than that.

What these offensive DEW's are for is 'protect' us from the grays. Of course this is a joke because nothing can stop the grays and I don't believe their mission (the grays) are evil. They are just caretakers for us containers.

Whatever the truth, the MI/NAZA/DoD intend to 'protect' us or if they can save us from the grays then annihilate us to keep the grays from 'getting' us. Far fetched? You have no idea how screwed things are.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Lars Hansson paper don't shed a negative light on Lazar, but rather portray him as a bright fellow. Sure Makes Lear look bad though.

The two fairly well know Lazar critics are Lazar Critique by Dr. David L. Morgan (August 26, 1996, revised October 2005) and the

Lazar Critique by Stanton Friedman (December 1997)

Hopefully we can keep this thread on topic and maybe find out more about Bob; (and less about Lear). He does seem to have some sort of web site?

www.boblazar.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I have watched him work very complex equations..The women he liked were slutty little blondes that nobody else thought were attractive.

I bow to your superior experience Mr. Lear! Very interesting!

Let me clarify. My friend was emphatic that he thought Lazar was quite gifted -- but in a weird way. Specifically, he said he showed Lazar a very difficult differential equation he had been assigned as homework. Lazar looked at the equation, and quickly wrote down an answer. When my friend challenged him to show the derivation steps, Lazar blew him off. Later, when my friend checked Lazar's solution in detail, he was astounded that the complex solution was correct! My friend referred to him as an "idiot-savant" because of this ability (Maybe not strictly accurate, but that is what he said.)

As for the women, my friend happened to be your typical brilliant and introverted geek, single, and not good with women. So Lazar wouldn't have had to demonstrate very much expertise with the opposite sex to impress my friend. He maintained that Lazar had a way with women, and that this was a major part of his character. In particular, my friend definitely said Lazar PREFERED BLONDS! (I recall that clearly, because my friend himself was attracted to this blond lady we worked with.) So that sounds convincing.

#

So, based on your comments, it sounds like my friend might actually have known the guy. This was a long time ago, and I have totally lost contact with my source.

One more note: My friend was a total believer that Lazars Area 51 story was 100% true. He claimed Lazar was strikingly sincere, and that Lazar hated prevarication and obfuscation. Lazar didn't like practical jokes.

EDIT: He new Lazar back in the early 1980s, briefly, before Lazar supposedly worked at Area 51. My friend could share no insight on any of the the actual experiences Lazar might have had.

If I can think of any other significant details, I will post them.

Thanks for the reply, as always!

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I saw Bob on a PBS program a few months back...He was selling chemicals to school science teachers...also plans for experiments...for the teachers to show students....He also blabed about hydrogen storage container...and creating his hydrogen with solar power....Then use the fuel (hydrogen) to drive his car...He said he has been driving this hydro car for years.../This dude is the real deal....And he had a "hot" chick with him to...hummmm...it was a slutty looking blond to !!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmajestyk6309

I am laughing so hard right now, that I am crying!

I thought I was the only woman on earth that in some weird way, found Bob Lazar attractive. I would never admit it to anyone in person.

There is just something memzmerizing about the guy, and heck if I know what it is, maybe it's the glasses or something!

I swear that even if it is a 10 year old re-run of something with him on it, I am glued to the television! I don't hear a word he's saying, as listening to the guy just puts me in a trance! I have no clue what he's even saying!

You say he's a salesman now, perfect. He could sell me a one way ticket to the moon and I'd probably buy it without it phasing me!

Ask me if he is who he says he is? I sure as heck don't know, but I gotta say I love watching the guy!

edit to add:

Just to clue you in though, I love off beat characters, and actors who play them. I think Steve Buscemi is the sexiest man alive!

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What one should be asking themselves is what kind of goodies is Bob learning from Los Alamos, I believe he is in NEW MEXICO.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Yes, a school will and can tell you.

I used to do background checks on people and one of the things was calling and verifying school attendance. Basically, I had to tell them the information I had and they had to verify it. Generally they would just "verify" by saying "correct" or "incorrect".

That is how we did it. Im not sure if you can call up and say "Hey, can you tell me about a former student John Doe?"

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
I'll go out on a limb and open up a can of worms here... Where's your proof of that outrageous statement? Without it, you are spreading lies and should be banned for it.

Worms, indeed. Not to answer for John, but the way I figure it, he is and has been in touch with a lot of shady science and intel folks who claim to have have "access" to certain information not known to the general public. Now, whether these people are themselves just pulling John's leg and he trusts them, or if the information is actually true, is anybody's guess. Nobody, including Mr. Lear, has produced any direct evidence of such a huge secret space industry, which one would reasonably imagine would create a huge paper trail. There are presented suggestions, circumstantial evidence and inference. But nothing so much as a photo of a Space Force ship barf bag or a T.O. from a lunar garbage compactor.

The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't really even make a good story. It's like a science fiction story without the human drama.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
In Bob Lazar's defense, I couldn't tell you the first and last name of a single person I went to college with, nor do I remember the first *or* last name of any of my professors.

It might seem odd, but when you just don't dedicate your time to developing a social life in college and you were from out of town to begin with, it really isn't all that hard to not remember people's names.

Sure, I remember people. I'm sure people remember me. I can't remember any last names, and they probably don't remember mine. I bet that if my college records were erased you couldn't actually find anyone who said, "Oh, sure, I remember Matt L-------" no matter how hard you tried.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I used to do background checks for a large company also. Things have changed a little bit as far as what you are talking about here, and has to do with HEPA laws. We had to start faxing over signed request forms for personal information, even yes or no confirmations to keep just anybody from checking up on person. So in this case, to verify for Bob Lazar would probably be pretty hard to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As I said, the absense of puiblications from his MIT years is the most damning evidence that he's a fraud.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join