It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Warriors??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

(Specifically)
Was Elisha praying??? No!!!

I've studied the bible for over fourteen years(almost every day) and I still would not presume to know all it's beautiful Laws and Graces.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Correct you are!!! The Treaty of Tripoli drawn up by Washington and radified by Adams states that the United States of America was in no sense founded on Christianity. People do not even know the history of this country and so they make one they like. Jefferson also compared the OT god to a three headed monster. If you have never read The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine, please do. He was a genious way ahead of his time.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sayso

Ouch!! Now THAT'S telling him! All true of course... I was just trying to be a little ermm...gentler

Say, has the US of A gone completely nuts? Or is that just the impression all the right-wing, bible bashers seem to give the rest of the world these days? There seems to be a truly bizzarre preponderance of them about at the moment. Is this 9/11 syndrome or something??

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I think it's actually Christians who have a hard tome accepting Atheist thoughts on Jesus - That he was a Rabbi with radical reformative teachings in 1st-century Palestine, who had lots of genuinely good ideas before his time, who was killed for political expediency by the ruling priests. Or that perhaps, "Jesus" like King Arthur and the Russian Bogatyr, is actually an "everyman" figure, the condensed teachings and beliefs of several radicals, teachers, and rabbis during the time period, condensed down into a single figure for ease of collection.

Not believing him to be the spawn of divine rape and all the attendant bells and whistles is a far cry from denying the reality of the fellow.

And it's funny that Jesus does that for you. I call it instinct. Others call it common sense. If attaching Jesus' face to something we all have makes you happy, then cool for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think when Thomas Jefferson was referring to 'priests', he was discussing catholicism. Protestant preachers are just that, 'Preachers'.

Also, sayso,
How many have despotic atheistic governments killed???
Let's think about it, there was Stalin, Mao, (the cambodian guy) can't remember his name.
And the FARC of South America.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was going to start my own thread on this idea….but I might as well post it here….this is just something I was thinking about.....

The people in the world like the bible camp sort, what ever religion they are, extremist Muslim, Jew etc...... They all have faith in their beliefs as completely true, completely and utterly true...... their faith is what is I guess pushes them on.....to do what they do......to make them believe in what they believe….

I hear countless Christians and other religious and theistic people on ATS as well as people I meet, who say faith is all that maters....it's the faith, the belief in god that makes it true......

So.....what I don't understand.....is why Christians like yourselves or just generally people who have faith in a god of some sort, why do you think extremists are wrong at all about what they believe in compared to what you believe in.....?

If an extremist Christian like the women from the bible camp, believes in the same exact Christian god as you, accepts Jesus as well as you, etc, what makes what they believe in, less true about the bible, then what you believe in....... ?

Or for that matter, any Muslims on ATS...what makes the kind of 9/11 type extremist Muslims in what they believe to be true about the Qu’ran wrong compared to what you believe in according to the Qu’ran......

Both you and the extremists what ever religion you hold to, both believe in god through faith..... please answer me what makes you right about your religion compared to what they believe.....

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Elisha4Yah

'The Last Days'?? Yep - right. Your lot said that in 500 AD too. Then it was 1000 AD. Then 1500 AD...and so on, and so on... You never know - you might get 'lucky' one day - but you'll wish you hadn't. Mainly because your ass will burn along with everyone elses

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Look at the leaders!!!! Sheep are the stupidest animals on earth and it is no compliment to be called one. Christians are sheep and they follow blindly behind the blind. A sheep will follow it's 'leader' to it's own death. John Hagee is the most violent and hateful man I have ever heard. He left his first wife and child while he was having an affair with the woman he is now married to. His church kicked him out. He is a prime example of the lying lazy dogs these people flock to. The religious leaders are in it for money and power. They live like kings off the foolish and fearful.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I think when Thomas Jefferson was referring to 'priests', he was discussing catholicism. Protestant preachers are just that, 'Preachers'.

Also, sayso,
How many have despotic atheistic governments killed???
Let's think about it, there was Stalin, Mao, (the cambodian guy) can't remember his name.
And the FARC of South America.

No - he was speaking of Christianity in general terms. The American Founding Fathers did NOT care for christianity one bit. And I can see why.

The Cambodian was called Pol Pot. FARC?? Heheh...you have to be kidding right? The right-wing death squads in Columbia kill far more people that the FARC
They work for the Columbian government by the way, who in turn are funded by US tax dollars of course...

J.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by jimbo999]

link   

No, but he was proclaiming how he was going to pray, when, where, and why, for whom, generally making a big show of how devout and prayerful he is. I guess that selective reading applies to endeavors other than bible study, huh?

I don't doubt that you don't know the ins and outs of the bible. Most Christians are frankly terrified of cracking the book open and reading and learning. After all, the first sin was defying God in order to gain knowledge, according to genesis. Bloody wars were fought over translating the bible from Latin into common languages. To the Christian, knowledge is evil, something to be avoided, shelved away, left to the hands of their masters. The bare handful of Christians I have met who DO know the ins and outs of hte bible are generally very gnostic in their approach, while a strong reading of the bible seems to be the leading "Cause" of atheism...

link   
reply to post by sayso

Sheep may be stupid, but some have good shepherds. (That makes a world of difference)
Have you ever studied goats?
They're smelly, pushy, They'll eat anything.(No discernment)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Do any of you READ posts at all??? I was addressing pavlovsdogabout him/her stating he was divine and I did ask him/her to correct me if I was wrong.

I understand this is an open discussion forum, but when a member addresses specifics of another member then it doesn't mean I'm also referring to others. This is all getting out of hand IMO.

I NEVER stated I was a christian. I NEVER stated I didn't believe in a Jewish Messiah, in fact if you read my posts you should see that I call Him by His true (HEBREW) name Yahshua -not the pagan/roman name-Jesus.

I believe Yahweh get's angry, absolutely! And He can and has wiped a person or nation clear out of history, is that any justification for not wanting Him in my neighborhood-as one member stated? No. Because I believe in His Redeeming Son. I believe Yahweh is Awsome in His mercy and forgiveness! And I fear Him with a Holy Reverence.

I know one thing is certain, I don't believe in other deities, but I would NEVER say some of the horrible things about them to people who DO believe in them, as I've seen written in this thread about Yahshua THE Messiah. I'd say anyone who can say such things at all, has no God in him and are an empty vessel-open to all sorts of evil lurking about. You say religion is a form of control, and I'd say you are the one being controlled.

Back to the topic of God's Warriors. I consider myself one. I don't war with weapons of hate-this is false doctrine. Thanks be to Him that He didn't appoint me judge, He does a fine job of that without my help. But I do know truth and I don't mind sharing Him with you, if we can get back to that without attacking 'religion' then we can have a civil mature debate and might actually learn a thing or two

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Very good question. Problem is though - they can't really safely answer that question, because they'd be condemning themselves.
Blind religious belief makes any act justifiable if need be - and THAT is why it's so dangerous!!

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Again, I happen to like Jesus. It's just that I think the majority of his official fan club is a freaking psychotic death cult. And the be honest, they haven't actually done anything ot allay this impression

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

And they can survive absolutely fine without anyone leading them around and are capable of fighting off predators without intervention from large woolly mutts.

For the record, Sheep ain't that fragrant, themselves... Dense wool, sheep sweat, lanolin, ugh, being downwind from a field of sheep is like having a Welshman sit on your face.

SO I HAVE HEARD!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

No, but he was proclaiming how he was going to pray, when, where, and why, for whom, generally making a big show of how devout and prayerful he is. I guess that selective reading applies to endeavors other than bible study, huh?

If I'm not mistaken, he only said he would pray for one or two people.
Watch out, PRAYER works!

I don't doubt that you don't know the ins and outs of the bible. Most Christians are frankly terrified of cracking the book open and reading and learning. After all, the first sin was defying God in order to gain knowledge, according to genesis.

You're sure that I don't know the basics of the bible?
The bible tells us to go from the milk to meat and I eat meat fairly regularly.

Bloody wars were fought over translating the bible from Latin into common languages.

Yes, it was. Rome sought to keep it in the hands of the priests and one of my most respected reformers died because of his success in translating it into English ; William Tyndale.
While Germany's Martin Luther translated it there, in hiding.

To the Christian, knowledge is evil, something to be avoided, shelved away, left to the hands of their masters.

You don't know ANYTHING about the reformation......
Or, maybe you think we're missing out because we don't care what's going on on 'family guy' or something. Oh, yeah, that's some 'knowledge'.

while a strong reading of the bible seems to be the leading "Cause" of atheism...

Opening my mind and reading it, BROUGHT me to salvation, as well as Many others.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

This thread was supposed to be about religious extremists - 'God's Warriors' as the news story was titled. THAT is the subject: not wether you believe or dis-believe. THAT is what we should get back to.

The OP wanted an opinion re: if people thought news broadcasters were giving too much air-time to religious extremists in the US. I'd say ANY airtime for religious extremists is TOO MUCH airtime.

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Look, most people with a working brain would expect evil men to kill and butcher, but those same thinking people would NEVER expect such heinous crimes to be committed by 'godly men'. You do what all so-called believers do, you point in the other direction to take the focus from what the religious world has done and is still doing. The OT god was nothing but a tribal god for the hebrews only. Every nation had one. Jesus is said to be that same god in the flesh. When one can't tell evil from the church, there is something wrong. Doesn't your bible teach that good and evil cannot come from the same source? The catholic church killed more people than pol pot ever did and you cannot justify it no matter what you do. The butchered and tortured man, woman and child in the most brutal ways they could imagine. Today christians are praying for war and chaos so they will be closer to the make believe rapture. It matters not if millions died just as long as they go flying away. I wish they would. BTW, research Cyrus Scofield and see where the rapture doctrine came from. lol

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I would rather smell bad and use my brain than to be stupid! Also, the pushy and easy to please eaters will survive while the dumb and fluffy will perish. Follow on little sheeple.

BTW, the smelly can always bathe, but stupid can't be washed away.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by sayso]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I've been ignored by everyone....lol......I think I might just start this idea off on a new thread in that case.....although they'll probably ignore me then too....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join